Guest guest36187

Hi all, hope you all having a nice Easter.

Any advice please on a e600 visa.

1. How long after applying is the wait to get your visa granted?

2. We are hoping to get a 12 month e600 visa, does it start from,

A. The date its granted?

B. A date in the future you could ask it to start from?

C. When you enter Australia?

If C. How long do you get before you have to enter Australia?

And does the 12 months only start from the date you enter, so you get the full 12 months stay?

Any advice would be helpful, as we know little about it.

Lorraine

A. The date its granted?

And does the 12 months only start from the date you enter, so you get the full 12 months stay?

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine

i have applied for and received an e600 visa. It was granted very quickly about 7 days, and I have 12 months after the grant date to arrive in Australia and then allowed 12 months to stay after date of entry.

So my grant date is in Feb 16 . I have to arrive before Feb 17 and when I arrive I can stay 12 months from that date.

i am going over in November and hopefully my CVP visa will be granted around June 17, but I have a few months leeway should I need. Hope this helps.

Bev

Hi Lorraine

i have applied for and received an e600 visa. It was granted very quickly about 7 days, and I have 12 months after the grant date to arrive in Australia and then allowed 12 months to stay after date of entry.

So my grant date is in Feb 16 . I have to arrive before Feb 17 and when I arrive I can stay 12 months from that date.

i am going over in November and hopefully my CVP visa will be granted around June 17, but I have a few months leeway should I need. Hope this helps.

Bev

Hi Bev, Thank you for your reply which is very helpful to us to know.

Could you let us know what hoops you had to jump through to get your visa.

i.e. What Health insurance and medical information or other things you had to provide, for immi to approve your visa.

Lorraine.

Hi Bev, Thank you for your reply which is very helpful to us to know.

Could you let us know what hoops you had to jump through to get your visa.

i.e. What Health insurance and medical information or other things you had to provide, for immi to approve your visa.

Lorraine.

Hi Lorraine

No hoops, all very easy.

i booked travel insurance with ANZ and quoted that as health cover. All very simple.

i obviously can't do any work with this visa, I will have to wait for CPV to come through. So I will be having a nice few months break which will give me the opportunity to see a bit more of Australia and settle in.

Bev

Hi Lorraine

No hoops, all very easy.

i booked travel insurance with ANZ and quoted that as health cover. All very simple.

i obviously can't do any work with this visa, I will have to wait for CPV to come through. So I will be having a nice few months break which will give me the opportunity to see a bit more of Australia and settle in.

Bev

Thanks Bev, that's interesting.

Do you know the exact dates you are going, which enabled you to get travel health cover and pay for it, which let you give immi the details with your application.

When we apply for our e600 visa we don't know yet what date we will be going within that year, so will not be able to have travel health cover in place.

So are we able to provide immi with travel health cover details later, when we know our travel dates, and can book our flights.

Lorraine

Thanks Bev, that's interesting.

Do you know the exact dates you are going, which enabled you to get travel health cover and pay for it, which let you give immi the details with your application.

When we apply for our e600 visa we don't know yet what date we will be going within that year, so will not be able to have travel health cover in place.

So are we able to provide immi with travel health cover details later, when we know our travel dates, and can book our flights.

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine

Yes I know my travel dates, and I would suggest you book your flights well in advance, the first seats booked are cheaper and as other seats fill up the price goes up. I have used Flight Centre and they gave great advise and helped choose the best offer. (For me, not them) I would recommend giving them a call, even if just for information for the future. They spent a lot of time to find me the deals I then chose from, I couldn't recommend them more.

I got a quote for a flight in October, as I then went to book within 2weeks the price had already gone up £200!! I then looked at flights for November and booked straight away. The price goes up as the flight fills up, beware.

This also allowed me to book the travel insurance which I did need definite dates to give cover.

I would suggest you wait until you know your dates for travel as the e600 was a breeze, it is only a tourist visa so not very in depth, and as I said came through within a week. (Although I have heard it can take up to 30 days)

I have to say, I am very pleased to have a travel date in hand, and there is so much to do at least I can schedule my packing, shipping etc. There is a lot to sort ou!

Beware of shipping.........a tourist visa does not allow shipping of goods, you will have to wait for your main visa to be issued.

I am not taking much, and my daughter is shipping out items on her visa, so I have been able to put some things in there.

Hope this helps.

Bev

A. The date its granted?

Lorraine ?

Hi Lorraine , date starts from when you enter Australia but from what I remember there is a time line when you must enter the country. Been here now for 16 months on visa had to leave country to extend it . Was granted quickly, I had to have a medical but hubby didn't. You also have to show you have 12 months travel insurance . Hope this helps, we have to leave in May so enjoying our last few weeks here, good luck Lorraine ?

Hi Lorraine , date starts from when you enter Australia but from what I remember there is a time line when you must enter the country. Been here now for 16 months on visa had to leave country to extend it . Was granted quickly, I had to have a medical but hubby didn't. You also have to show you have 12 months travel insurance . Hope this helps, we have to leave in May so enjoying our last few weeks here, good luck Lorraine 

Hello HarrisL16

Thank you for your advise. Must be hard for you to leave after all this time.

Our plans are to go and live with our family, after we have every thing here sold and sorted i.e furniture in store.

Then hopefully when we are told to pay the final Vac money, we will go off shore while our 143 is granted.

I know it's a risk, as there's no guarantee that immi will grant us our 143. It's a risk we are prepared to take.

Lorraine

Hi all

I wonder if anyone can help clarify a few things as we just don't seem to be able to get any direct answers. Basically, my wife and I have just turned 50 and are looking at making the move to Oz to live with our daughter and her fiance. They are eligible to sponsor us and We are looking at the contributory route (143) but in order to spread the cost, we were thinking of taking the two year temporary two year visa (173) first and using the two years to apply for the full 143 visa. The problem is, we can't seem to work out how much it will actually cost for us both to get the 173 and if those costs are then deducted from the 143 visa,

I hope this makes sense, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bryan

Hi all

I wonder if anyone can help clarify a few things as we just don't seem to be able to get any direct answers. Basically, my wife and I have just turned 50 and are looking at making the move to Oz to live with our daughter and her fiance. They are eligible to sponsor us and We are looking at the contributory route (143) but in order to spread the cost, we were thinking of taking the two year temporary two year visa (173) first and using the two years to apply for the full 143 visa. The problem is, we can't seem to work out how much it will actually cost for us both to get the 173 and if those costs are then deducted from the 143 visa,

I hope this makes sense, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bryan

Hi Bryan.

Yes, not the easiest to work out.

For a 2 person application I have:

> 143 visa outright: 1st VACs total A$4,940; 2nd VACs A$43,600 x 2, or A$87,200 – giving a total of A$92,140

OR

> 173 visa first: 1st VACs total A$3,735; 2nd VACs A$29,130 x 2, or A$58,260 – giving a total of A$61,995

> 143 for a 173 visa holder: 1st VACs total A$490; 2nd VACs A$19,420 x 2, or A$38,840 – giving a total of A$39,330

> Overall total for the 2-step strategy of A$101,325

Note also that the VACs payable at the 143 stage for 173 visa holders will be based on the VACs chargeable when the second visa application is lodged, which will almost certainly be higher than they are when the 173 application is lodged.

The Assurance of Support process – when a Bond is required to be lodged with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia – is required in the closing stages of the permanent residency visa application, so isn't required with the 173 visa application.

If cashflow is tight it might be cheaper to (say) borrow against the equity in one's home, and to then sell the property once the permanent visas are through.

Hope this helps.

Hi Alan

Thanks for coming back to me, to be honest I think we're just going to go through the 143 and be done with it, we won't have much left after the process but having visited three times already, it really does feel like we're going home each time we land and we definitely can't afford to keep going back for a holiday.

I guess its time to start organising, I've got a million and one questions going round my head so don't be surprised if I'm back soon.

Thanks again Alan

Bryan

Hi again

Told you I'd be back soon. Not so much about costs, more a timing issue, is it possible for us to apply for a 12 month holiday visa (600) I think, then apply for the 143 whilst we are there? I know we would have to be offshore when the visa is grated, but this would let us be with them sooner.

Hi again

Told you I'd be back soon. Not so much about costs, more a timing issue, is it possible for us to apply for a 12 month holiday visa (600) I think, then apply for the 143 whilst we are there? I know we would have to be offshore when the visa is grated, but this would let us be with them sooner.

Likely to be better to lodge the 143 application while you are in the UK, and then submit an application for a long stay visitor visa.

Best regards.

Hi all

a question. We are due to go to New Zealand on Sunday 3rd April so that Immi can issue our visa while we are offshore. We haven't had any acknowledgement of our payment of the second vac via Australia Post 'bill pay' Not sure whether to email immi and check that all is well or just assume that no news is good news? They have approved our travel plans ...

Edited by Fisher1

Hi all

a question. We are due to go to New Zealand on Sunday 3rd April so that Immi can issue our visa while we are offshore. We haven't had any acknowledgement of our payment of the second vac via Australia Post 'bill pay' Not sure whether to email immi and check that all is well or just assume that no news is good news? They have approved our travel plans ...

It will be prudent to check all is well with the PVC.

Best regards.

Guest geordie joe
Hello everyone

just got email by immigration our case is assigned to case officer and they are now requesting further documents

so excited and nervous too

Brilliant news, the long wait is nearly over.

Joe