Guest guest36187

Hello everyone

just got email by immigration our case is assigned to case officer and they are now requesting further documents

so excited and nervous too

Fantastic news you must be chuffed to bits! You'll probably get your visa before us as we're still waiting to hear about the AOS.

Hope it all comes through really quickly

Maisie

Your turn soon Phil.

Good luck with it

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yep.......nearly there.

We also accepted an offer on the house on Thursday, not counting our chickens yet but looking at April 26th for exchange of contracts. Our dogs "Poppy and Aussie" can fly out of the UK from May 5th (earliest date because of Rabies shots). So if all goes to plan we'll be in Perth by middle of May.

After years of planning, I can't believe in 7 weeks it will actually happen. Weird !!!

I have found the logistics of our move to be the most challenging. Bringing together a date for the house, the dogs, the visa, a removal company. I know it will all be worth it very soon. :ssign19:

Cheers

Phil

Hi all

got an email from immi today, confirming processing of our second vac payment and saying that our visa will be issued on April 3rd or 4th ... So as soon as we are out of the country. I am finding it difficult to believe that are on the home run, it's been such a long time since we first thought about it.

Good luck everyone, especially with the medicals - we were convinced we were going to fail but it seems we were mistaken.

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest geordie joe
Hi all

got an email from immi today, confirming processing of our second vac payment and saying that our visa will be issued on April 3rd or 4th ... So as soon as we are out of the country. I am finding it difficult to believe that are on the home run, it's been such a long time since we first thought about it.

Good luck everyone, especially with the medicals - we were convinced we were going to fail but it seems we were mistaken.

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW great news, looks like immi have had a fantastic Easter break and have come back and made a flying start, let's hope they maintain the momentum.

Morning all, a quick question on medicals if anyone can help please? We had our medicals last week, and I noticed this morning on the emedical site that our chest x-rays have been updated from referred to completed. How do we get to see the results?

Apparently you don't get to see results despite fact you paid for it and it's about you! Results are looked at by immi and they use it to scale how much you are likely to cost in terms of health care. I believe only a positive HIV result or if you will require an organ transplant will fail you otherwise any conditions are measured on a scale as to total cost and supposed if too great would fail you, however, have no idea of details regarding this. Apparently if immi can't make a judgement it is referred to some sort of medical office at more cost to you of course Kim

Edited by Skeelsy

Hi Steve,

Yep.......nearly there.

We also accepted an offer on the house on Thursday, not counting our chickens yet but looking at April 26th for exchange of contracts. Our dogs "Poppy and Aussie" can fly out of the UK from May 5th (earliest date because of Rabies shots). So if all goes to plan we'll be in Perth by middle of May.

After years of planning, I can't believe in 7 weeks it will actually happen. Weird !!!

I have found the logistics of our move to be the most challenging. Bringing together a date for the house, the dogs, the visa, a removal company. I know it will all be worth it very soon. :ssign19:

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil

know how you feel, the logistics are driving us crazy, we exchanged recently and our completion date will be mid June, just about the time we hopefully get our visa! Question is how quickly will we find a house in Oz, when should we ship? The questions go on. I hope your house sale goes Ok and that you get a quick exchange and completion. It took 3 months to exchange on ours, thought it would never happen.

Anyway first thing first, you should be hearing from IMMI very soon.

Julie

Thanks Kim, seems very secretive considering in its our results. But not going to upset the apple cart, I guess the doctors have a duty of care to tell you if something has cropped up? Well thats my thinking anyway.

I'm sure I read somewhere on here once that occasionally people have gone for a medical and discovered some condition they were unaware of. I don't think doctors are allowed to keep info to themselves if it can threaten a patients health or well being. Looks like you're good to go!

Hi Phil

know how you feel, the logistics are driving us crazy, we exchanged recently and our completion date will be mid June, just about the time we hopefully get our visa! Question is how quickly will we find a house in Oz, when should we ship? The questions go on. I hope your house sale goes Ok and that you get a quick exchange and completion. It took 3 months to exchange on ours, thought it would never happen.

Julie

Hi Julie,

Questions, questions, questions.

Your right, how long is a piece of string..........when to ship, if to delay shipping, will the house sale go through, visa grant date, medicals, when to start the dog process, when to book flights.

There will be a lot of satisfaction when it all comes together, I'm certain.

Come on CO I'm ready for you :wink:

Phil

Hi Steve,

Yep.......nearly there.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil

Great news on the house sale; we sold last year and have been living in a rental since September (we call it the transit lounge) but are totally bored with it now and it's not home is it?

My dog has his import licence ready, darn sight easier than our visas, and just waiting for the visas so we can get his export and transit licences ready.

I know you'll agree that although worthwhile this waiting is intolerable.

We're heading to Perth as well, the Joondalup area then hopefully onto Yanchep, whereabouts are you going, not sure if I've asked you before?

I agree with you abut the logistics and it's not much easier when moving from a rental.

All the best

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Hello and thanks to everyone for wishes :laugh:

We are trying so hard to get our documents done and send by tomorrow

As i am dependent applicant on my mother (main applicant) have to work lil bit more and have to send some extra documents to prove my dependency

ill let you all know about updates

harvi

Hi Phil

Great news on the house sale; we sold last year and have been living in a rental since September (we call it the transit lounge) but are totally bored with it now and it's not home is it?

My dog has his import licence ready, darn sight easier than our visas, and just waiting for the visas so we can get his export and transit licences ready.

I know you'll agree that although worthwhile this waiting is intolerable.

We're heading to Perth as well, the Joondalup area then hopefully onto Yanchep, whereabouts are you going, not sure if I've asked you before?

I agree with you abut the logistics and it's not much easier when moving from a rental.

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yeah house sale will be a big relief (as long as it all goes smoothly) must admit we were beginning to think that May was out of the question for a move.

We've had to push the button on the dogs today, otherwise our move to Aus would have to have been pushed back (due to the strict guidelines on when various examinations need to be carried out, as you will know) Scary, because if the house sale falls through we are committed. Flights for dogs booked for 11th May, Quarantine booked, internal flights from Melbourne to Perth booked, visited Vets this afternoon for the first of 3 visits prior to departure, Instructed solicitor on house sale. It really is all systems go. Our 7 week clock is truely ticking.

Initially we are going to be just down the road from you in Landsdale (living with our son and fiancée) so we'll have to catch up when you make the move out. We may finish up living south of the river in the Piara Waters/Beeliar area, it will all depend on what we see and whether or not to build or buy existing, we are still very undecided.

Exciting times for us all.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Steve,

Yeah house sale will be a big relief (as long as it all goes smoothly) must admit we were beginning to think that May was out of the question for a move.

We've had to push the button on the dogs today, otherwise our move to Aus would have to have been pushed back (due to the strict guidelines on when various examinations need to be carried out, as you will know) Scary, because if the house sale falls through we are committed. Flights for dogs booked for 11th May, Quarantine booked, internal flights from Melbourne to Perth booked, visited Vets this afternoon for the first of 3 visits prior to departure, Instructed solicitor on house sale. It really is all systems go. Our 7 week clock is truely ticking.

Initially we are going to be just down the road from you in Landsdale (living with our son and fiancée) so we'll have to catch up when you make the move out. We may finish up living south of the river in the Piara Waters/Beeliar area, it will all depend on what we see and whether or not to build or buy existing, we are still very undecided.

Exciting times for us all.

Cheers

Phil

Hi to Steve and Phil, I know I am a long way behind but am going over 1st Nov (hopefully to not return unless on holiday)

i hope you keep looking on the site and letting everyone know your experiences. Even when settling, it's a new life and experience counts.

i hope we can all meet for a drink one day.

Bev

Hi Phil

Julie

Hi Julie

As we've just been putting one foot in front of the other till now, not sure it would all go through, we have only just started to think about the logistics and realise how complicated it will be. When we moved to live in Luxembourg thirty years ago, it was a job move and lots of it was taken care of for us ... Plus it was virtually down the road by comparison! We aren't intending to go for at least a year, just as well as we haven't sold the house yet, but we are already looking at the pros and cons of paying removals vs buying new when we get there.

I agree that it would be great if people in this group had time to post now and again. I too like to think we might all meet up for a drink one day. Maybe the answer is to have a new thread called 'After the gold rush'

Hi to Steve and Phil, I know I am a long way behind but am going over 1st Nov (hopefully to not return unless on holiday)

i hope you keep looking on the site and letting everyone know your experiences. Even when settling, it's a new life and experience counts.

i hope we can all meet for a drink one day.

Bev

Hi Bev

Yes, the forum is an amazing source of comfort and knowledge and it really is helpful to share experiences.

Where are you looking to call home ?

Cheers

Phil

Hi Bev

Yes, the forum is an amazing source of comfort and knowledge and it really is helpful to share experiences.

Where are you looking to call home ?

Cheers

Phil

Perth area for me, my daughter is currently living in Harrisdale and I will be staying with her until my visa is hopefully granted, this will give me time to see where I want to settle, and also see a little of the rest of the country hopefully, before I have to return to the working life!

it is very exciting on this thread at the moment, nothing or nobody seemed to have moved on when I started avidly checking in, but now.............lots happening and moving on, I wish everyone the best of luck.

Bev

Perth area for me, my daughter is currently living in Harrisdale and I will be staying with her until my visa is hopefully granted, this will give me time to see where I want to settle, and also see a little of the rest of the country hopefully, before I have to return to the working life!

it is very exciting on this thread at the moment, nothing or nobody seemed to have moved on when I started avidly checking in, but now.............lots happening and moving on, I wish everyone the best of luck.

Bev

Hi Bev,

It would be good to catch up when you get out there.

Yep........where to settle is another dilemma, just one of the many.

Seeing movement amongst the waiting room is great, come on Immi lets get those bums shuffling along seats.

Phil

For all those midst or starting logistics of moving - the most comforting I can offer - it was hell but worth it - I had list of the lists I needed to keep - hubbie and I had 'weekly meetings' to coordinate and we ended up living apart for nearly 3 months, me here and him at home in Uk, as I was the vanguard and he the rear end brigade finally arriving day before Xmas 2012/13 only to find our second daughter's PR delayed so we could not apply for parents visa until 18 months later then only to find waiting list slip over 7 months of original 16 months quoted at time - nightmare but did it and nearly there Kim

Hi all

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So pleased for you, let us know how it all goes

Maisie