Guest guest36187

G'day everyone! Well, we made it, we're here after the usual long flight, uneventful..... oh except for the announcement "we have a medical emergency - is there a doctor on board" Actually, there were several doctors came forward which was nice to know! When we landed a quarantine person came on board to see the little girl who had been ill, but eventually they let us off, just a small delay. Mind you I almost called for a doctor for OH on our first night as he stepped onto something sharp in the middle of the night and cut his foot! OMG there was so much blood - and all on the carpet too! The next morning as we were up sooooo early, we walked up to the local coffee shop for brekky and all of a sudden the fire alarm went off - a fire engine arrived and the firemen rushed into the coffee shop - they'd set off the alarm whilst cooking our bacon!

Apart from all this excitement, it is so lovely to be here - its rather hectic as there is 11 of us until next Monday, but then it will calm down and we will be able to start doing all the things we should be doing, like buying a car etc. The only thing we have done is open a bank account which was really easy, just waiting for the cards to arrive. But basically we're just enjoying being here with all the grandchildren.

Val x

G'day everyone! Well, we made it, we're here after the usual long flight, uneventful..... oh except for the announcement "we have a medical emergency - is there a doctor on board" Actually, there were several doctors came forward which was nice to know! When we landed a quarantine person came on board to see the little girl who had been ill, but eventually they let us off, just a small delay. Mind you I almost called for a doctor for OH on our first night as he stepped onto something sharp in the middle of the night and cut his foot! OMG there was so much blood - and all on the carpet too! The next morning as we were up sooooo early, we walked up to the local coffee shop for brekky and all of a sudden the fire alarm went off - a fire engine arrived and the firemen rushed into the coffee shop - they'd set off the alarm whilst cooking our bacon!

Apart from all this excitement, it is so lovely to be here - its rather hectic as there is 11 of us until next Monday, but then it will calm down and we will be able to start doing all the things we should be doing, like buying a car etc. The only thing we have done is open a bank account which was really easy, just waiting for the cards to arrive. But basically we're just enjoying being here with all the grandchildren.

Val x

Your warm feelings are infectious.

We know exactly what you're feeling right now, despite the disorientation.

Wonderful country, wonderful life, wonderful future with family.

So easy in'it?

John & Eirian

PS Bloody cockatoos screeching outside right now. Can't get a wink! And the damned kookaburras (sp?) are even worse.

Apart from all this excitement, it is so lovely to be here - its rather hectic as there is 11 of us until next Monday, but then it will calm down and we will be able to start doing all the things we should be doing, like buying a car etc. The only thing we have done is open a bank account which was really easy, just waiting for the cards to arrive. But basically we're just enjoying being here with aegrandchildren.

Val x

Welcome Val and Matt. So glad you're here safe and sound. Enjoy! We're babysitting tonight and loving it. So worth the wait!

Val x

Hi Val & Matt,

Glad you've arrived safe and sound. Had a little chuckle about the bacon! 9 weeks till we arrive so we'll be asking lots of questions if we manage to arrange a meet up.

Keep us up to date with your adventure! Val x

Good day, Vava. Did you get your 173-->143 visa? Could you update the timeline, please) http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php

Thank you! It is very useful for statistic. I am waiting 173 CPV now.

Hi Lilu, am waiting for the 173 also, I cant see your name on the tracker list, would you mind telling me when your acknowledgement date was. Mine was 6th September 2011. Seems to be at a standstill at the moment.

Fran.

Val x

Hi Val. Good to hear you both got there okay! Looking forward to joining you there soon. Angie xx

Thank you Fiz for your reply and the reassurance that other singles are out there and that you found work, being able to work is something to fall back on - a just in case. Looking at real estate prices even small places are far from cheap I guess that's the main concern selling here and not being able to afford anything there, such a lot to research. Not long to when i go on holiday so will try and find out as much as I can. Thank you I looked at the car situation halfway reading through the doc I decided its too much hassle so perhaps not such a good idea it would be another added stress. It surprised me to read that you wrote new cars are relatively cheap I will look into that when I'm there. Once again thank you for info.

Zumsor

This is a really useful interactive site for getting interactive info on property prices, Zumzor.

You can specify type of property, state, area, budget, etc and get mails on stuff that may interest you.

Prices are high no doubt, but it depends on location to a great extent.

European cars, especially top of range ones, are VERY expensive, but Japanese and local Holdens are not too bad.

Good luck.

John & Eirian

Thank you Fiz for your reply and the reassurance that other singles are out there and that you found work, being able to work is something to fall back on - a just in case. Looking at real estate prices even small places are far from cheap I guess that's the main concern selling here and not being able to afford anything there, such a lot to research. Not long to when i go on holiday so will try and find out as much as I can. Thank you I looked at the car situation halfway reading through the doc I decided its too much hassle so perhaps not such a good idea it would be another added stress. It surprised me to read that you wrote new cars are relatively cheap I will look into that when I'm there. Once again thank you for info.

Zumsor

Here's the link

www.domain.com.au/

John:embarrassed:

This time last year, lunchtime on 3rd October, we were on our way to Heathrow having said all our goodbyes and were off to start our new life in Adelaide, Australia. How time flies - we're still having a ball! Hang in there all of you still waiting - it will happen sooner than you think!

plane.jpg

plane.jpg

This time last year, lunchtime on 3rd October, we were on our way to Heathrow having said all our goodbyes and were off to start our new life in Adelaide, Australia. How time flies - we're still having a ball! Hang in there all of you still waiting - it will happen sooner than you think!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16927[/ATTACH]

Happy Anniversary! May you have many many more.

John & Eirian

Brilliant Val you must be over the moon

I am checking my emails every morning at the moment. I am actually thinking of emailing them to make sure they havent forgotten me.

When are you thinking of moving over?

Best wishes Moira

Morning All!

CPV 143 granted this morning - yay! Val x

I am checking my emails every morning at the moment. I am actually thinking of emailing them to make sure they havent forgotten me.

Best wishes Moira

Hi Moira,

We are booked to go on 25th November BUT only for a visit. Our daughter & SIL are having another baby early in November so we'll be there to welcome the new arrival and for Christmas. Then its back home, get all the last minute indoor jobs done (painting, new carpets etc) then put the house on the market and see what happens. Its very difficult as my OH works away all year and is only usually home December/January so all the house stuff has to be done then as I'm useless (but good at tidying up afterwards!)

Hope you get some longed for news very soon - I'll keep watching out for your announcement.

Regards, Val x

Best wishes Moira

Congratulations Val, great news. Hi Moira, this waiting is hard work!! I am really in a predicament as my son is leaving Brisbane for hols on 2nd Dec so I don't want to be walking in the door as he is leaving. If you do email and get a reply could you let me know, the tracker seems to be at a standstill now. Private message me if you would prefer, many thanks and hope you get that long awaited email any day now. Fran.