Guest guest36187

Phoebe, I've just seen your post that says your hubby is coming round to the idea. You lucky lady! If it works for you I will just have to buy three dogs for our neighbours.............

He's a way off that's why the next trip is so important :yes:. I'm still seeing consultants still can't eat solids so can't even book flights yet :arghh: baby Harry was only 10 weeks old when we left he's going to be almost 2 next time we see him and the girls are getting so big......miss them so much as I'm sure all of us in the UK do..........

Phoebe

PS I'll happily send you these 3 they've got us up the bloody wall.............

He's a way off that's why the next trip is so important :yes:. I'm still seeing consultants still can't eat solids so can't even book flights yet :arghh: baby Harry was only 10 weeks old when we left he's going to be almost 2 next time we see him and the girls are getting so big......miss them so much as I'm sure all of us in the UK do..........

Phoebe

PS I'll happily send you these 3 they've got us up the bloody wall.............

Ho Phoebe

I am so sorry to hear of your ongoing health problem. I hope your situation improves for you soon.

We arrived in Oz yesterday and had a shock how much the grandchildren have grown since we saw them in the summer last year. Skype is great but you can't beat the 'real' thing!

We opened our bank account with NAB earlier this year and have been gradually transferring money every since when the exchange rate seemed favourable. As previousl posts have mentioned the interest rates here are so much better than in the UK so we are at least getting a good return on our money. We've an apppointment to see the bank in Brisbane tommorow to validate the account and start drawing money out. Lots to do still but for the time-being we are just enjoying the experience and getting used to our new surroundings.

Take care and all the best! Angie x

Edited by brummiebabies

Can I just ask you ladies another question re banking in Oz. did you just open the classic account or the retirement one (for over 55's)

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe

We just opened a classic account with an i-saver which has better rate of interest. Those were the only two on offer as I recall. Hope this helps. Angie

Can I just ask you ladies another question re banking in Oz. did you just open the classic account or the retirement one (for over 55's)

Phoebe

As Angie has said, the only two accounts available to us then were the classic current and linked i-saver.

Just to add, I often move stuff around from one to the other for various reasons and it is a doddle, no different to online banking here.

Pam x

Hi all...hope everyone's having a good day. Need your advise - I applied for cpv.

For what I know, you may expect a co after 14 months. For my situation, its already near November now, and 17 months have passed (from my ack date) still no word from them. Your suggestions valued. I’m not sure if its right that I just wait. Thanks,Gin :em3900:

Hi all...hope everyone's having a good day. Need your advise - I applied for cpv.

For what I know, you may expect a co after 14 months. For my situation, its already near November now, and 17 months have passed (from my ack date) still no word from them. Your suggestions valued. I’m not sure if its right that I just wait. Thanks,Gin :em3900:

Hi there,

I would email parents@immi.gov.au give them your file reference number and name(s) and ask if they can tell you how long it might be until you are contacted by a case officer or asked to provide further information (medicals, police checks etc). Knowing them, they will reply that they are currently dealing with applications lodged before yours. Then next week (as if by magic) they will email you again and begin the next part of the process.

I sometimes think they like to play mind games with us (or maybe I'm paranoid!)

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on with it.

Regards,

Val x

Hi Gin, my ack date is 6 Sept 2011 and I am expecting a CO any day now, the way flight prices are going I was even going to book one for end Dec as there is one date when it is fairly reasonable they go way up for a one way flight in January. It really seems a long time that you are waiting for a CO, going by , the tracker list. Hope you can let us know if you email and get a reply from immigration. Best of luck with it, have to rethink booking the flight after reading your thread. Fran.:no:

Well I've applied to NAB for a Classic and iSaver they say I will hear in 2 weeks. I'll keep you all up to date in case anyone else needs the info. :)

Phoebe

Hi

We use NAB Retirement (no fees but some interest) for everyday expenses and iSaver for savings.

Charlie

omg as much i love hearing people are getting on with moving to oz whether it be getting a house or a bank account, i cant help feeling a tad jealous !!!!!! i mean im gonna have to divorce my husband at this rate...he is sooooo hard to convince to the move ....please let me win the lottery tonight, please let me win the lottery tonight....lol

good luck to all...im only jokin !! xxx NOT!

Emailed NAB bank to verify accounts as non residents and they are happy to go ahead

Well that was pretty painless

Phoebe

Yes we found it really easy too Phoebe and just the same when you come to validate the account in person. We found the staff in the main NAB Brisbane branch so friendly and helpful. Angie

Emailed NAB bank to verify accounts as non residents and they are happy to go ahead

Well that was pretty painless

Phoebe

We had (and continue to have) excellent service from NAB (head office in King William Street and the smaller local branch at Blackwood)

We change our I-Saver every 4? months to get the highest savings rate. This involves closing the account and reopening another new one. A simple transfer and a couple of signatures and its all over - worth it for the extra 1% on our savings.

Edited by jtct

Hi Val, I emailed the address below asking them ever so politely what the story is re my CO, I got a reply very quickly saying that as I am using an Agent I cannot be informed of any progress. I didn't realise that immigration will not correspond with an individual who has an agent. I suppose the only thing I can do now is go back and verify that I am still using an agent. Will let you all know how I get on.

Fran.

Hi there,

I would email parents@immi.gov.au give them your file reference number and name(s) and ask if they can tell you how long it might be until you are contacted by a case officer or asked to provide further information (medicals, police checks etc). Knowing them, they will reply that they are currently dealing with applications lodged before yours. Then next week (as if by magic) they will email you again and begin the next part of the process.

I sometimes think they like to play mind games with us (or maybe I'm paranoid!)

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on with it.

Regards,

Val x

We had (and continue to have) excellent service from NAB (head office in King William Street and the smaller local branch at Blackwood)

We change our I-Saver every 4? months to get the highest savings rate. This involves closing the account and reopening another new one. A simple transfer and a couple of signatures and its all over - worth it for the extra 1% on our savings.

Thanks for the heads up.

They opened the account at the main Surfers Paradise branch, I emailed to ask if we could produce ID at the Robina branch lit closer to my daughter and got a prompt reply to say no problem just contact them couple weeks before we go over and they will send the paperwork to that branch.

Forex account set up and ready to to

I could get used to this level of service :smile:

Phoebe

Hi Val, I emailed the address below asking them ever so politely what the story is re my CO, I got a reply very quickly saying that as I am using an Agent I cannot be informed of any progress. I didn't realise that immigration will not correspond with an individual who has an agent. I suppose the only thing I can do now is go back and verify that I am still using an agent. Will let you all know how I get on.

Fran.

Hi Fran, You won't need to verify that you are still using an agent because if you have decided to "go it alone" there are more forms to fill in. The agent and you have to make a declaration to enable DIAC to contact you instead of them and as its looking like the end is in sight, there's probably no need.

What I would do is phone your agent and INSIST that they contact DIAC to find out what the time scale is for you - after all, that's what you paid them for!

Hope you get the answer you need - and quickly!

All the best! Val x