Guest guest36187

Hi everyone

I got my case officer this morning so busy filling out forms. I have a question they ask me to provide a "Form 956 - Advice by a migration agent/exempt person of providing immigration assistance". Do I need to fill this in as the only help I have had is off this site?

What did others do?

I have updated the tracker

Best wishes Moira

Hi everyone

I got my case officer this morning so busy filling out forms. I have a question they ask me to provide a "Form 956 - Advice by a migration agent/exempt person of providing immigration assistance". Do I need to fill this in as the only help I have had is off this site?

What did others do?

Best wishes Moira

Hi Moira

We were asked to provide this form too but we were not using an agent so we got in touch wth our CO and he confirmed that we didn't need it. I think it's just the standard wording they use when they contact you. Hope this helps. Angie

Thanks for that. One less form to fill out. I dont know if its just me but I seem to take ages to complete a form.

Moira

Hi Moira

We were asked to provide this form too but we were not using an agent so we got in touch wth our CO and he confirmed that we didn't need it. I think it's just the standard wording they use when they contact you. Hope this helps. Angie

Hi everyone

What did others do?

Best wishes Moira

Very exciting-you're almost there. There's no need to do the agent form. For me, the hold up in the next stage of the process was Centrelink so if its possible to get you assurer moving quickly on that, I would. Everything else went very smoothly.

not long now!

Fiz

This time last year, lunchtime on 3rd October, we were on our way to Heathrow having said all our goodbyes and were off to start our new life in Adelaide, Australia. How time flies - we're still having a ball! Hang in there all of you still waiting - it will happen sooner than you think!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16927[/ATTACH]

Happy Anniversary! Do you feel like you are fully settled now? We do after 15 months, it's almost like we have lived here forever - and still loving every minute. Its so good to be able to see our daughter and grandchildren so often (almost every day even if it's only for a cup of tea) and we have made some good friends in our time here. We are also really lucky in that a couple of our friends in the UK are coming to stay at the end of October and we are all going to do the "campervan" thing together for a couple of weeks - it will be great to catch up with old friends. Hope you are enjoying your Adelaide life just as much as we enjoy our Torquay life! Gill

Very exciting-you're almost there. There's no need to do the agent form. For me, the hold up in the next stage of the process was Centrelink so if its possible to get you assurer moving quickly on that, I would. Everything else went very smoothly.

not long now!

Fiz

Yes, Centrelink can sometimes be very bureaucratic. Who said the UK invented bureaucracy and Centrelink perfected it? I think Abraham Lincoln said that!!

John & Eirian

Dear John! The Torquay in England is in Devon, not Cornwall!!! I should know as it is my home town!

Best wishes to you and Eirian

Marian and Ian

Oops sorry, Marian.

What a silly billy I am!

Torquay in Devon is much better than Torquay in Cornwall, I know, and certainly incomparable compared to the Torquay these guys have been talking about!

See you soon!:wink:

John & Eirian x

Hi all

Just thought I would update you on Centrelink, my d-i-l (assurer) sent me a text say. "Appointment done. I called this morning and they said just come in. No need for an appointment. It is processed by the virtual office so I just drop in the proof of ID and income and the letter, it was that easy." No one seems to have mentioned MONEY. I have emailed her and awaiting a reply.

Moira

Hi all

Just thought I would update you on Centrelink, my d-i-l (assurer) sent me a text say. "Appointment done. I called this morning and they said just come in. No need for an appointment. It is processed by the virtual office so I just drop in the proof of ID and income and the letter, it was that easy." No one seems to have mentioned MONEY. I have emailed her and awaiting a reply.

Moira

Hi Moira

They don't ask for the money until they have checked all the paperwork.....in my s-in-l's case, he thought he'd taken everything but was short of one payslip: that omission delayed everything by 2 weeks so it might be worth mentioning that to your d-in-law. Centrelink's requirements re proof of ID and income are painfully pedantic...or perhaps that was just the Sydney office!

nearly there....

Hi all

Just checking. I will be sending my forms by courier. To those who have already sent theirs, is the PVC Locked Bag 7, Northbridge address?

And do I remember that the PO do something called a 'silver pouch'? to send them by.

Thanks

Moira

That's spot on, Moira.

I just hope someone has the key to unlock the silver bag!

Good luck.

John & Eirian

Hi Moira

They don't ask for the money until they have checked all the paperwork.....in my s-in-l's case, he thought he'd taken everything but was short of one payslip: that omission delayed everything by 2 weeks so it might be worth mentioning that to your d-in-law. Centrelink's requirements re proof of ID and income are painfully pedantic...or perhaps that was just the Sydney office!

nearly there....

That's exactly what happened with out daughter, Rachel.

She only took one payslip in, the silly girl!

She was sent away and told to come back in person with the second payslip. Generously, they granted her an extension of two weeks to do this, despite the fact 4 hours would have been plenty.

Wasn't someone on here talking about bureaucracy previously? or is that deja vu??

John & Eirian

That's exactly what happened with out daughter, Rachel.

She only took one payslip in, the silly girl!

She was sent away and told to come back in person with the second payslip. Generously, they granted her an extension of two weeks to do this, despite the fact 4 hours would have been plenty.

Wasn't someone on here talking about bureaucracy previously? or is that deja vu??

John & Eirian

Hi,

We had something very similar with centrelink which I posted about a few months back. All very frustrating when you have the finishing line in sight!

Keep the faith Moira et al - it's worth it!

Kim

Brilliant Val you must be over the moon

I am checking my emails every morning at the moment. I am actually thinking of emailing them to make sure they havent forgotten me.

When are you thinking of moving over?

Best wishes Moira

Hi Moira, hope all is well! Just curious about this, so when you sent them an email, did they actually get back to you by assigning a CO?

Rgds,June

Hi all

Just checking. I will be sending my forms by courier. To those who have already sent theirs, is the PVC Locked Bag 7, Northbridge address?

And do I remember that the PO do something called a 'silver pouch'? to send them by.

Thanks

Moira

How and where to lodge your application

For this visa, you may lodge your application while you are in or outside of Australia, however you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.

You must lodge your application by post or courier at the following addresses:

By post:

Parent Visa Centre

Locked Bag 7

Northbridge WA 6865

Australia

By courier:

Parent Visa Centre

Wellington Central

Level 3

836 Wellington Street

West Perth WA 6005

Australia

The 'silver pouch' is a special delivery envelope. We used this to send our VAC payment to London and included a prepaid silver pouch so they could return the receipt to us. Not sure if this would be the same if you were sending documents abroad by post. It would probably have to be something like 'International Signed for' but the Post Office can advise. If you are sending by courier you need to send to the actual office address so someone can sign for them, not the PO box (Locked Bag) address.

Edited by Linday

No I didnt send the email as thier email arrived before I could.

Went for my medical this morning, thought I would sail through - but shock horror they found blood in urine. So they send it for further tests send the results of that test to DIAC and depending on what the results are ????? more waiting.

Moira

Greetings to everyone from Oz! Can't believe we've been here over 2 weeks already! First week was fab - we got a wonderful welcome from all the grandkids and of course the weather was glorious - the brightest blue skies I think I've ever seen! Jet-lag was a pain for the first few days. Have been up and out walking by 7.00a.m. each morning!

The second week we've bought a car, got QLD driving licences, registered with Medicare, and found a house we've short-listed!

Good to see on the tracker some of you have got CO's at last - hang in there its worth the wait!

Hope to see some of you soon!

Val x

Just thought you might be interested - my dad emailed the Perth office yesterday, they let him know they are allocating case officers to those who lodged before 8th July 2011 at the moment.

Think he's a bit despondent - they were hoping to be out here by Christmas next year and they don't think it will happen now! (lodged in August 2012).