Guest guest36187

Just now, Mrshubs said:

Hello everyone, 

Can anyone please help If I have to attach dcouments on my IMMI account after submitting visa application 100.

where to attach documents as it gives only 1 option additional documents? 

Thanks in advance

This is a parent visa thread.

You are referencing a subclass 100 partner visa.

I suggest you start a new thread.

Best regards.

4 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2019/03/01/new-temporary-sponsored-parent-visa-be-available-april

new temporary parent visa starts this April. Hope it doesn’t slow down our applications !

then again it could take some out of the queue!?

who knows!! 

Any who would like to be added to our temporary sponsored parent visa database should feel able to ping a message to me with their email address.

I hasten to add that I know some other migration agents are also keeping interested persons informed - we're not the only ones doing so!

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

On 27/02/2019 at 14:03, Flangela100 said:

Hi I have an application in for a CPV 143, I would like to do a bike tour in Australia then visit my daughter, which will take longer than the eVisa length of 3 months.  Can someone point me in the right direction as to which online visa I need to apply for covering 6-12 months please?

we recently apply for a 12 month visa and it was granted in 2 weeks. We had to take a medical with xray

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/bringing-someone/bringing-partner-or-family/five-year-temporary-sponsored-parents-visa
Department of Home Affairs web page discussing the new subclass 870 temporary sponsored parent visa ...
Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Having read the information re- 870 visa, it tells you that you have to be off shore to apply for a subsequent 870 but doesn’t specify whether you have to be off shore to apply for your first 870 visa. Do you have an opinion as to whether you have to be off shore to apply or can apply both on and off shore? I’m sure a lot of people on shore would be relieved to know if you can extend your visit this way.

Many thanks for any info,

Bridge

Dears,

Does anyone know if the ability to provide AoS has any limit on the number of ppl one can support? 

E.g. having sponsored 2 parents on 143, may I still offer AoS to support my son's 101 child visa application?

Reading Social Security Guide I see a max of 2 assurees allowed. Is that true or am I missing something?

"That is the NSA rate multiplied by the number of assurers giving the AoS (up to a maximum of 3 assurers) and the number of adults who are being supported under the AoS (up to a maximum of 2 assurees). This is to ensure that the assurer/s has sufficient income to support themselves and the assurees under the AoS."

Thanks!

On 02/03/2019 at 00:49, bridgie said:

Hi Alan,

Having read the information re- 870 visa, it tells you that you have to be off shore to apply for a subsequent 870 but doesn’t specify whether you have to be off shore to apply for your first 870 visa. Do you have an opinion as to whether you have to be off shore to apply or can apply both on and off shore? I’m sure a lot of people on shore would be relieved to know if you can extend your visit this way.

Many thanks for any info,

Bridge

Hi Bridge.

We'll need to see the Migration Regulations to know whether there is a requirement to be offshore (outside Australia) at the time the first subclass 870 visa application is submitted.

These should be available soon.

Feel able to contact me off forum if you'd like me to keep you informed.

Best regards.

• Like 1

Can anyone help me please . I have deposit my AoS bond money today at commonwealth bank branch and got a bank guarantee letter. Now, How can I send this to Centrelink ? Do I have to go to branch to submit this ? please reply.

21 minutes ago, SIMHAR said:

Can anyone help me please . I have deposit my AoS bond money today at commonwealth bank branch and got a bank guarantee letter. Now, How can I send this to Centrelink ? Do I have to go to branch to submit this ? please reply.

If you have time, I think it's better to go to a branch.

On 01/03/2019 at 00:18, Bev50Bradley said:

I haven’t heard anything from Centrelink! Still waiting for the letter with reference numbers to place the bond. !!

I haven’t heard anything from Centrelink! Still waiting for the letter with reference numbers to place the bond. !!

There must be somewhere we can look to see the amount of 143 visas being granted ( Weekly-Monthly ) ? 

42 minutes ago, jimbob007 said:

So if all the Parents, returned to their there home, then their young working Tax paying children  returned as well, what state would they be in.

My wife and I have four working youngsters there.

Firstly, how sure are you that the young working tax-paying children would return?    I suspect many would not.

Secondly, they are not irreplaceable. There are hordes of people in the skilled visa queues, desperate to replace them. 

1 hour ago, jimbob007 said:

So if all the Parents, returned to their there home, then their young working Tax paying children  returned as well, what state would they be in.

My wife and I have four working youngsters there.

It would be just fine I’m sure as there would be plenty of skilled people willing to take their place. I’m pretty sure most of their tax paying adult children would remain in Australia rather than follow them back. They did after all make the choice to emigrate to Oz leaving their parents behind. If they were happy to leave them then why would they all follow them back? Your four working adult children all chose to move there, if they would all follow you back because they couldn’t stay there without you why did they move and leave you in the first place? Not saying they shouldn’t have, it’s their life so of course they should have but on that basis you’d assume they wouldn’t be following you back.  I think we are all very lucky to have the option of moving there, I fully appreciate the Oz taxpayers not being happy about a load of us retiring out there and costing them money. 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 3

Good evening everyone!

My mum has a 143 visa lodgement date of the 16th September 2016. We know that the waiting time has blown out since she applied, so we realise that she isn't likely to get a visa before at least Dec 2020 (does that sound right?) With regards to this new temporary visa that is coming out - we are unsure if it would be worth our while getting an application in. If she isn't one of the 15000 for the first year's worth of applications, she is then pushed into another year of waiting in the queue for the temp visa, so by the time that gets granted, it would almost be time for the 143 to be granted. The 600 visa - she can stay in Aus for 12 months out of an 18 month period, so she could stay in Aus for eg 7 months, go to the UK to stay with my siblings for 4 months and then come back for 5 months. After this, she can go home again - and either wait for the 143 or is she able to apply for another 600 or normal tourist visa? 

On a side, does anyone know where we are up to with processing? I have tried the border.gov and the other home affairs addresses several times using both mine and my husbands e-mails, but I no longer get replies.

Many Thanks in advance 🙂

18 minutes ago, michaleasmum said:

I wish someone would calculate the cost  of training the nurses, doctors, teachers and other highly qualified people that Australia has not had to pay for!  

Makes no difference - if those nurses, doctors, teachers etc went home, there are plenty more people in the skilled visa queues.  

I think us parents are just reflecting how frustrated we are feeling about the whole process.  When we first applied July 2015 what we thought was a 2 year wait has become 4 years.  Reports like this albeit I understand the sentiment just get you riled a bit.   Saying things like we will be paying no tax are not correct as it depends upon individual circumstances.  I would also say that we will be contributing in a meaningful way to the economy, as well as providing support with grandchildren to help our sons/daughters/in-laws careers to flourish! 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, surfersj said:

I think us parents are just reflecting how frustrated we are feeling about the whole process.  When we first applied July 2015 what we thought was a 2 year wait has become 4 years.  Reports like this albeit I understand the sentiment just get you riled a bit.   Saying things like we will be paying no tax are not correct as it depends upon individual circumstances.  I would also say that we will be contributing in a meaningful way to the economy, as well as providing support with grandchildren to help our sons/daughters/in-laws careers to flourish! 

With elections looming I can understand this right wing article but it is always forgotten who the Australians really are....most are immigrants!  And the country has become as it is from the hard sweat of immigrants.  Reaction to immigrant parents seems to ignore the immense benefit these parents/grandparents give to the country as a whole.  I know my grandchildren benefit greatly from us being there in person ralther than on a screen, and I don’t just mean all the gelato! 😋

24 minutes ago, surfersj said:

I'm in my 60's and I'd be the first to protest that I'm a useful member of society, but the fact remains that in the coming years, I'm going to start contributing less and less tax and costing the taxpayer more and more.    Statistics show that while our generation will all live longer than our parents and grandparents, we're not living healthier - the majority of people over the age of 70 are on several medications, and will need regular minor ops and investigative procedures.  Blood pressure pills, hip replacements, cancer, cataracts, heart disease, Parkinsons, dementia - we're all going to die of something.  When you consider one operation can cost the government $30,000, you can see how expensive old age can get. And that's before we get to the cost of aged care.

What makes all that cost OK is that I spent my working years paying into the system to cover it.   People arriving on the parents' visa haven't, and that's what the fee is meant to cover.  The report is just saying that in their view, the fee still isn't high enough to do that., and they may be right.  

I've often thought it would be much better if they changed the system so parents were allowed to come without being charged a fee, but barred from accessing Medicare, the pension or any other benefits. It would avoid all these recriminations.  I suspect the government is worried about the bad publicity when, inevitably, some parents would run out of money and then there would be sob stories in the press about them being forced back to the UK.  

Edited by Marisawright