Guest guest36187

6 hours ago, Sadge said:

Has anybody had any experience of sending unaccompanied baggage to Australia from the UK?  Not talking about removal of household goods, but a largish suitcase (mainly clothing etc.) that will arrive more or less at the same time as me, so that I can actually travel with the minimum of luggage.  Be interested to have any recommendations please.

You could try someone that's flying over to Australia, with the F1 in march they'll be loads of people going!  PiggyBee might be useful to find someone

https://www.piggybee.com/en/

14 minutes ago, Flangela100 said:

You could try someone that's flying over to Australia, with the F1 in march they'll be loads of people going!  PiggyBee might be useful to find someone

Not sure how that would work as airport staff always ask “has anyone given you something to carry?  ! “

You could lie I guess but what if something was found that shouldn’t be in there? ? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SIMHAR said:

Anyone in this group who got AOS call from Centrelink lately  ? Please reply.... its been six months now since I applied ... really frustrating ... 

Hi  Simhar we  had a call from Centerlink 13.11.2018, paid the AOS 26.11.2018, got the Letter of Acceptance 19.12.2018,

Now still waiting to pay the Second Vac

Hope this helps 

On 03/02/2019 at 20:29, Lulu said:

864 visa 

Hi folks, 

does anyone know if we apply for an 864 visa onshore whether my mil will have to stay in Oz while it’s being assessed? Or is she able to travel back to Scotland after we lodge the application?

Also, at what point is the contribution payable? Only once the visa is granted? 

TIA 

@LuluYes, she can travel.  She would be issued a bridging visa A once the application is received, and that doesn't have re-entry rights so she'd need to apply for a bridging visa B.  Due to the long processing time, Immigration is normally quite flexible on granting a BVB so people aren't trapped in Australia for years and years.  She'd need to provide the reason for travel, and pressing reasons are no doubt easier but even a family holiday or visiting family/friends is usually fine.  Every now and again there's a post from someone whose BVB is refused, but they seem pretty rare situations.

7 hours ago, Flangela100 said:

I would never take someone else’s luggage ever! Even when asked to take a small parcel/present for someone I knew well when an expat it had to be unwrapped and I checked it.

Its a sign of the times sadly.. A few years ago a few soft toys were ‘sent on an adventure’ travelling on flights and photographed in various places and crews enjoyed the fun. . This had to be stopped in case the soft toys were carrying drugs!? No one is prepared to take any chances these days.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sadge said:

Has anybody had any experience of sending unaccompanied baggage to Australia from the UK?  Not talking about removal of household goods, but a largish suitcase (mainly clothing etc.) that will arrive more or less at the same time as me, so that I can actually travel with the minimum of luggage.  Be interested to have any recommendations please.

We have used these in the past and they have had several recommendations on here:

https://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/en-au/baggage

• Like 1

If there are no problems with police check or medical  yes they will start checking but you or rather your sponsor will also have to apply for AOS. There’s a lot of checks on that too. Even after paying the AOS you could still wait a further  6 months for it to be accepted. 

Also if there are any adult dependants in the application they will also be checked and have to pay AOS

This is of course if you applied for 143 but if you applied for 173 it’s slightly quicker as there’s no AOS

11 hours ago, kimboslice said:

I know if you go ahead and get your medicals done without immi requesting you have to get them done again if it goes over 12 months.

what if immi request and it goes over the 12 months, do we have to pay again or is their responsibility, (i think i know the answer but just checking).

mark

You still pay again.

• Sad 1

Has anyone else had an email allocating a queue date for the CPV? 

We have applied for the pathway 143 CPV.

We didn’t receive a queue date when we originally applied for the 864 CPV.

I think 103 applicants are placed in a queue, but is this the norm for 143 applicants or something new?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ramot said:

Has anyone else had an email allocating a queue date for the CPV? 

We have applied for the pathway 143 CPV.

We didn’t receive a queue date when we originally applied for the 864 CPV.

I think 103 applicants are placed in a queue, but is this the norm for 143 applicants or something new?

Thanks.

There is no formal queuing of traditional Contributory Parent visas.

It appears there may be a queuing process of some kind for 410/405 visa holders who are applying for permanent residency visas.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1