Guest guest36187

8 hours ago, Bear2015 said:

Hi everyone,

Good news- My parents have been invited to provide further documents. (medicals, police report and form 80) within 70 days. They applied for 173 on 2nd October 2015. 

congrtz  a lot ...keep updating  

we had applied in nov

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vicky bajwa said:

First you have to pay almost 50 grand per person to govt. and then wait for almost 4 to 5 years for visa grant and then reach there without any benefit. Wow that's amazing!!!!

But if your only family is in Australia then this is what you have to do! ❤️

• Like 4

3 hours ago, vicky bajwa said:

First you have to pay almost 50 grand per person to govt. and then wait for almost 4 to 5 years for visa grant and then reach there without any benefit. Wow that's amazing!!!!

Sounds like you think we pay then wait but you don't pay until just before visa is granted ! We then ( hopefully) get full PR and full Medicare and other rights. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vicky bajwa said:

It certainly is pretty amazing. You get an opportunity to spend the rest of your life in Oz near to your family and get PR which gives you Medicare for life which includes access to some of the finest medical advances in the world, so lucky. You have so much more such as public services, if you need police and fire brigade help for example.   Not sure what you mean by without any benefit because what I’ve just listed is surely a huge benefit? If you mean given handouts then no, I can’t imagine many people would turn up in a new country and expect that though. The visa isn’t compulsory, you don’t have to apply but if you decide to, be grateful it’s an option!  

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Temporary to Permanent

Acknowledge New Applications

JANUARY 2019

Queue Assessment

Mar 2017

Jul 2016

Jun 2015

Jun 2015

Nov 2016

Nov 2016

May 2018

Visa Assessment

Aug 2010

Jun 2010

Jun 2015

Jun 2015

Nov 2016

Nov 2016

May 2018

Am I going mad?  I thought this said July 2015 the other day?   Are we going backwards....I’m so stressed with all this! And so are my family 😩

Hi Rosie, yes your not going crazy. This Sunday 3rd February did state for 143 it said July 15.  Processing times 49 months. Four years. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vicky bajwa said:

Do you mean 50 grand as in dollars or pounds? 

At the moment for me and my wife, we've paid for the 173, £31,850 then we'll be paying £21,234 for the 143 making a total of £53,084 for both of us. Making £26,542 each for both visas. So it's not 50 grand per person!!

2 hours ago, freedy50 said:

Do you mean 50 grand as in dollars or pounds? 

At the moment for me and my wife, we've paid for the 173, £31,850 then we'll be paying £21,234 for the 143 making a total of £53,084 for both of us. Making £26,542 each for both visas. So it's not 50 grand per person!!

Dollars.

If your Assurance of Support has not been finalised before 1 April 2019 then the bond increase will apply. The new fees from this date are as follows: 

• Main Applicant $15,000 AUD (previously $10,000 AUD)
  • Secondary Applicant $6,000 AUD (previously $4,000 AUD)

Keep the pennies coming in to pay for our dream. 

Are you sure about that? I thought it all got scrapped when the changes to AOS last year were overturned in parliament? 

Taken from https://www.dss.gov.au/living-in-australia-and-overseas/updates updated 1st January 2019

Changes to Assurance of Support (AoS) from 1 April 2018

An amended Determination was registered on the Federal Register of Legislation on 23 May 2018 that returns the Assurance of Support requirements, including the income threshold for assurers, to the settings that were in place prior to 1 April 2018. The changes will apply from 1 April 2018, so as not to disadvantage a person or body who has given an Assurance of Support since this date.

To be eligible to be an AoS assurer, an individual must be an Australian resident, aged over 18, and meet the following income requirements:

• The income threshold for the assurer is based on the maximum
    basic rate of Newstart Allowance (NSA, single with dependent children rate) as at 1 July in each financial year ($15,061.80 per annum as at
    1 July 2017) for each adult involved in the AoS, and the base rate of Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A and FTB Part A supplement ($2,266.65 per annum as at 1 July 2017) for each dependent child of the assurer.
  • The income requirement for the assurer depends on the number of assurers, assurees and assurer’s dependent children involved in an AoS arrangement.
  • The income requirement applies to the current and previous financial year, or if not available the current year and financial year before the last.

In some cases, an Assurance of Support will include a requirement to provide a financial security via a bond. For example, visas under the parent migration program.
For an individual assurer, the bond amounts are:

• for contributory parent visas (10-year AoS): $10,000 for the primary visa applicant and $4,000 for any adult secondary visa applicant
  • for other visas such as non-contributory parent visas (2-year AoS): $5,000 for the primary visa applicant and $2,000 for any adult secondary visa applicant.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Just think how much it would cost, if you flew out there every couple of years. say 10 times $ ?

22 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

5 minutes ago, jimbob007 said:

Just think how much it would cost, if you flew out there every couple of years. say 10 times $ ?

Apart from last year we have gone back to UK every year for about 15 years. In our case we do go for about 3 months, and don’t stay with our son, so yes it’s a costly exercise. Obviously the airfares are for most people the major cost. If you only go for a couple of weeks and stay with someone, this keeps the cost down, but it can get a bit wearing for both parties to stay with family if it’s year in and out. If you rent then again it’s costly, as apart from paying rent, you don’t have much in the pantry, so stocking up can add up. 

I appreciate why we do it, in our case our grandchildren are in UK, but it does get harder as time goes on. I missed our grandchildren last year, but I didn’t miss the long haul flight,

4 minutes ago, ramot said:

Apart from last year we have gone back to UK every year for about 15 years. In our case we do go for about 3 months, and don’t stay with our son, so yes it’s a costly exercise. Obviously the airfares are for most people the major cost. If you only go for a couple of weeks and stay with someone, this keeps the cost down, but it can get a bit wearing for both parties to stay with family if it’s year in and out. If you rent then again it’s costly, as apart from paying rent, you don’t have much in the pantry, so stocking up can add up. 

I appreciate why we do it, in our case our grandchildren are in UK, but it does get harder as time goes on. I missed our grandchildren last year, but I didn’t miss the long haul flight,

I will soon be time your Grandchildren come to you, x 

37 minutes ago, jimbob007 said:

Yes we usually spend around $7000 per trip every 18 months...would be more often if we didn’t think we’d live there! So total $70000 over next 10 years !

12 hours ago, JesseyJ said:

If your Assurance of Support has not been finalised before 1 April 2019 then the bond increase will apply. The new fees from this date are as follows: 

• Main Applicant $15,000 AUD (previously $10,000 AUD)
  • Secondary Applicant $6,000 AUD (previously $4,000 AUD)

Keep the pennies coming in to pay for our dream. 

That's not going ahead. They've changed their mind like they do with a lot of things 😞

49 minutes ago, summerskybird said:

I applied June 2015. I’ve done my medical (December) and my son has done the paperwork for the AoS, again in December, but still heard nothing.

It’s still early days for you! People are generally waiting 4-6 months after applying for AOS. In some cases it’s longer if they’re looking closely at the application as there are more checks on Sponsors these days. 

Keep an eye on it as there was a post earlier in the forum saying that Centrelink had actually rejected some without notifying applicants. I know @Pertenhall actually had that problem last year. I believe he only found out after asking an MP to look into it but my memory could be a bit hazy there 

Edited by LindaH27

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

It’s still early days for you! People are generally waiting 4-6 months after applying for AOS. In some cases it’s longer if they’re looking closely at the application as there are more checks on Sponsors these days. 

Keep an eye on it as there was a post earlier in the forum saying that Centrelink had actually rejected some without notifying applicants. I know @Pertenhall actually had that problem last year. I believe he only found out after asking an MP to look into it but my memory could be a bit hazy there 

4 to 6 months! Centrelink said that he would hear something by January 28th. I’m not surprised it’s longer but six months is ridiculous.

I wonder why they would refuse a sponsor? He earns enough so that shouldn’t be a problem for him/me.