Guest guest36187

It’s more to do with domestic violence apparently.! They passed a new bill last year and sponsors will be checked even for partners and the new temporary parent visa

If you look under peoples signatures at the bottom of their posts you will see their timelines which include when they applied for AOS so that will also give you an idea of how long people are waiting.  You may need to go back a few pages though ! The whole parent visa saga is stretching out more and more! 

Edited by LindaH27

No but I'm beginning to have a sneaky suspicion that 143s are on hold at the moment because of the backlog of AOS applications held at Centrelink , whereas 173 are quicker to process as there's no AOS! So there's still work to be done at immi whilst waiting for the AOS backlog to reduce - if ever!! 

It will be interesting to see if this is right - we may find out if the processing dates shown on immi website move quicker for 173 than 143!! 

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 01:55, Ryanlee said:

Come on Immi, please start inviting August,September and October 2015 143 applicants to provide further documents.

Can anyone remember how long we have been stuck on July 15 applications? Just trying to guestimate how much longer before request for medicals and police checks!

Has anyone ever been refused a 2nd 600 visa, when applying from the UK? (Planning to return early May, after being out of the country for 6months).  Did we ever reach any conclusion on the AoS Bond, my agent says that they scrapped the increase.

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

It’s still early days for you! People are generally waiting 4-6 months after applying for AOS. In some cases it’s longer if they’re looking closely at the application as there are more checks on Sponsors these days. 

Keep an eye on it as there was a post earlier in the forum saying that Centrelink had actually rejected some without notifying applicants. I know @Pertenhall actually had that problem last year. I believe he only found out after asking an MP to look into it but my memory could be a bit hazy there 

Yes Linda - you are quite correct.  We waited for ages, and phoned a number of times only to be told that it was on the system.  Eventually during yet another phone call they decided to say that we had been rejected.  Not the happiest time of our visa application experience.  But it has all worked out well in the end.  We have our visas activated and now just need to sell the house.  Having a yard sale tomorrow - busy sorting and pricing things.  Just hope the weather holds!

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 1

@Pertenhall so nice to hear that things are going so well for you after your awful experience.! Unfortunately for the rest of us time is spiralling out,  now it appears that processing of 143 has really slowed down in comparison to 173 - buts that’s good news for 173 applicants 😀

i guess at the end of the day it’s probably best not to stress too much,  get on with life and say Que sera,  sera!! 🤣

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mily said:

My friend who applied on 1 nov 2015 got email from immi yesterday

do they have applied for a dependent child also along with parents or only of parents any info.?

i might confuse that they r sending req to parents file only not dependent 

On 06/02/2019 at 23:11, Marilyn said:

I just received email from IMMI requesting police certificate, medical, form 80 and colour photo of passport. 

They have given me 70 days from date of email (previously I think you had 28 days) 

I am beyond excited. 

omggg thats great .... keep updating ... i had applied in nov2015 28th

• Like 1

On 09/02/2019 at 12:41, Pertenhall said:

Yes Linda - you are quite correct.  We waited for ages, and phoned a number of times only to be told that it was on the system.  Eventually during yet another phone call they decided to say that we had been rejected.  Not the happiest time of our visa application experience.  But it has all worked out well in the end.  We have our visas activated and now just need to sell the house.  Having a yard sale tomorrow - busy sorting and pricing things.  Just hope the weather holds!

Rejected? Did they give a reason?

On 09/02/2019 at 11:55, LindaH27 said:

It’s more to do with domestic violence apparently.! They passed a new bill last year and sponsors will be checked even for partners and the new temporary parent visa

If you look under peoples signatures at the bottom of their posts you will see their timelines which include when they applied for AOS so that will also give you an idea of how long people are waiting.  You may need to go back a few pages though ! The whole parent visa saga is stretching out more and more! 

Ok. Well that shouldn’t apply, either. I can’t think of a reason he would be rejected.

14 minutes ago, summerskybird said:

Rejected? Did they give a reason?

Our sponsor was just short of the requirement in the first of the 2 assessed years!  So that would have been obvious from the start - but they took forever to tell us.  We thought we had calculated correctly but obviously didn't!

On 07/02/2019 at 03:27, Rosiejaq said:

Congrats ....seems the 173 stream is ahead of 143.....we’re really jealous and hope to hear something soon!  ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Pertenhall said:

Our sponsor was just short of the requirement in the first of the 2 assessed years!  So that would have been obvious from the start - but they took forever to tell us.  We thought we had calculated correctly but obviously didn't!

Hello everyone, could anybody kindly guide me or share their knowledge we are couple with 3 young children under 5 and my wife sponsoring her father and brother under the age of 18. I would like to know how much income we need to have to be able to sponsor them. 

Hello everyone, could anybody kindly guide me or share their knowledge we are couple with 3 young children under 5 and my wife sponsoring her father and brother under the age of 18. I would like to know how much income we need to have to be able to sponsor them. 

8 minutes ago, rajk said:

Hey guys please help i have applied for my parents visa 143 in oct 2015 haven't heard anything yet , i am too much worried what to do !!!Please reply !!!

Hi, we applied for our 143 in sept 15.  We’re still waiting for an email. Probably be another few months as they are only up to July 15. 

Keep smiling. 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Majhar said:

I've found this calculator, but I haven't tried this myself:

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/custsite_aoscalc/aoscalc/financialCalPage.jsf?prg_id=0a22b56c839d45ff88336c2727da64b8&wec-appid=aoscalc&page=1C0EADC1A5804952B374580CFFB9BDFD&wec-locale=en_US#stay