Guest guest36187

On 21/12/2018 at 06:12, Rosiejaq said:

That makes a lot of sense as we’re on 40 months at the moment and expect to get asked to do AoS in about a month or so! 😁 which would mean another 8/9 months until granted.

Are you able to prepare anything for AoS in advance? While I have to wait another 2 years before they even allocate a case officer, I want to know if I can prepare anything asit gets nearer. Thanks

1 hour ago, amsaini15 said:

Are you able to prepare anything for AoS in advance? While I have to wait another 2 years before they even allocate a case officer, I want to know if I can prepare anything asit gets nearer. Thanks

We filled in everything we could when we applied via our agent, but I think a lot of that will need to be updated so we’ll be looking into that after Christmas. 

8 hours ago, amsaini15 said:

Hi Dear, 

The only thing you need to make sure is Notice of assessments from tax department are up to date. your assurer need to provide his NOA to centrelink dept. Make sure he's earning significant amount of money in next two years as this is a requirement to become a assurer. 

11 hours ago, amsaini15 said:

Assurer requirements are discussed here: http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3

Best regards.

Just got an early Xmas present email from immigration requesting more information!  Didn't really expect this until maybe January/February.  So pleased after 3 years and 5 months of nothing, things are finally moving!  Our visa application date was 24th July 2015.   Can anyone out there who has gone though this process recently please clarify a couple of points as I am keen to do this right and not cause further delay!   1. we have now handwritten/filled in form 80 and wondered if we can scan it and email to the PVC or do we need to post a hard copy to them?  2.   Once received from ACRO, in Hampshire, can we post the Police Clearance Certificate to the PVC or is it essential that we post them a certified copy.   3.   We need to send a coloured copy of our main passport page.   Can we scan and forward this to PVC or do we need to post them a coloured certified hard copy?   4.  Finally, I assume it is OK to send this information separately or should it be gathered up and posted as one package?     We could send the form 80 and passport page imminently but expect to wait about 3 weeks to get the police certificates.

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 4

2 minutes ago, surfersj said:

Just got an early Xmas present email from immigration requesting more information!  Didn't really expect this until maybe January/February.  So pleased after 3 years and 5 months of nothing, things are finally moving!  Our visa application date was 24th July 2015.   Can anyone out there who has gone though this process recently please clarify a couple of points as I am keen to do this right and not cause further delay!   1. we have now handwritten/filled in form 80 and wondered if we can scan it and email to the PVC or do we need to post a hard copy to them?  2.   Once received from ACRO, in Hampshire, can we post the Police Clearance Certificate to the PVC or is it essential that we post them a certified copy.   3.   We need to send a coloured copy of our main passport page.   Can we scan and forward this to PVC or do we need to post them a coloured certified hard copy?   4.  Finally, I assume it is OK to send this information separately or should it be gathered up and posted as one package?     We could send the form 80 and passport page imminently but expect to wait about 3 weeks to get the police certificates.

Exactly a year since we got our request for more info.  So things have moved just over 4 months in a year!  We completed our Form 80 on line but I would think a scanned one would be acceptable - perhaps someone else out there knows the answer to that one.  Definitely a scanned copy of the police clearance and a colour copy your passport photo page will be OK.  We waited until we had everything together (except the medical results) and sent them all by e-mail.

So pleased for you - it is a lovely Christmas present isn't it!

Wishing you all a Merry hot Christmas here in Melbourne. It’s been 39 months waiting for immigration to pick up our visa papers. Probably waiting another 10 months for some movement.

We applied in September 2015. Has anyone who applied the same month received anything from immigration? I would like to tie up with others keep tabs on progress.

May you all enjoy your day. From Jessey J

• Like 2

Hi guys,

i have been reading your thread and what a wonderful job you doing.

i have applied for my mum’s 173 CPV on 21 June 2016.

im currently not working so here’s my annoying couple of questions;

1- is it compulsory to provide proof of income ( must i be working and earning if yes how much)

2- is AoS only for 143 or it also applies 173?

i know the pros here already seen this probably but couldn’t find the actual thread so apologies for the repeated queries. Thank you in advance.

22 hours ago, ArafatG said:

Hi guys,

1- is it compulsory to provide proof of income ( must i be working and earning if yes how much)

i know the pros here already seen this probably but couldn’t find the actual thread so apologies for the repeated queries. Thank you in advance.

There is no AoS requirement for a subclass 173 visa application.

The AoS is dealt with at permanent residency visa application stage.

Best regards.

22 hours ago, ArafatG said:

Hi guys,

As far as I understand there’s no AOS actually paid for 173 but I believe as sponsor you sign to say you will provide accommodation and financial support if applicant cannot fund themselves at any time during the two years the visa grants. This sponsorship  has to be approved so I’m guessing they will check your financial situation. People with more knowledge will probably give you a better answer! 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/contributory-parent-temporary-173#Eligibility

Edited by LindaH27

May I ask everyone what is the preferred option for my questions. We are lucky to be in a position that we have the funds for the AOS.

At what stage would you put your house on the market to sell.?

1. When we get a case worker?

2. When medicals and form 80 excepted. 

3. When visa is granted.

I so need to get this right. As we made the mistake of selling to soon and rented for a year. Now in another property waiting for a case worker.  

Appreciate any thoughts. 

35 minutes ago, JesseyJ said:

At what stage would you put your house on the market to sell.?

1. When we get a case worker?

2. When medicals and form 80 excepted. 

3. When visa is granted.

Bear in mind that you don't have any certainty AT ALL until your visa is actually granted.  Your visa can still be refused, even after you're assigned a case worker and after your form 80 is accepted.  The government might come out and change the rules two days before your visa is approved and that would be the end of it.   

It has happened in the past with other types of visas - the rules  change and suddenly, hundreds of people, who've been waiting patiently in the queue for years, have their applications cancelled and that's that. So don't count your chickens.

Edited by Marisawright

I'd go further: until you have validated your visa you are at risk of visa cancellation if (say) a major illness strikes after visa grant meaning you can't travel to Australia before the required initial entry date to validate.

Ultimately one has to undertake a personal risk assessment.   Many wait in Australia on visitor visas (currently - the new temporary parent visa may mean another option is available) for the finalisation of the permanent visa application and heading offshore for grant; but even here there is a risk if a major health condition arises prior to validation.

Best regards.

19 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Bear in mind that you don't have any certainty AT ALL until your visa is actually granted.  Your visa can still be refused, even after you're assigned a case worker and after your form 80 is accepted.  The government might come out and change the rules two days before your visa is approved and that would be the end of it.   

It has happened in the past with other types of visas - the rules  change and suddenly, hundreds of people, who've been waiting patiently in the queue for years, have their applications cancelled and that's that. So don't count your chickens.

Appreciate the speedy response Marisa and Allan. I will definitely take on your advise. Looking forward to hearing something in 2019.

Hello everyone, 

I would like to ask a question about CENTRELINK AOS lodgement if someone can reply that would be highly appreciated.  My assurer applied AOS almost 20 weeks ago and at the time of lodgement no acknowledgement letter or receipt, no reference number  was provided to him by centrelink staff. Is it same with everyone or its just us ? We applied 4.5 months ago and have no evidence that we applied it. I am bit terrified. Please reply. 

Regards

7 minutes ago, SIMHAR said:

Hello everyone, 

I would like to ask a question about CENTRELINK AOS lodgement if someone can reply that would be highly appreciated.  My assurer applied AOS almost 20 weeks ago and at the time of lodgement no acknowledgement letter or receipt, no reference number  was provided to him by centrelink staff. Is it same with everyone or its just us ? We applied 4.5 months ago and have no evidence that we applied it. I am bit terrified. Please reply. 

Regards

Don't worry  dear. There is no receipt for aos lodgement. Just don't get worried for its 18 weeks now. I have applied on 22 August 2018 for aos. But now they are on holidays. I think they will come on 7 Jan 2019. Now it's 24 to 28 weeks for interview call. So just wait.....Don't worry

Hi, my parents are thinking about applying for the aged parent visa subclass 804. We’ve done a lot of research and know if they came out on a tourist visa and applied then a bridging visa would be granted. 

Since this visa has long waits of up to 30 years, we want to know if it’s possible for my parents to travel abroad for a holiday while they’re on the bridging visa? 

Also, are they allowed to buy/rent property whilst on a bridging visa?

thank you and happy new year 🙂 

Seem to be getting two responses these days from Immi ...the other one said 20 June 2015!

PROCESSING CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2018-19 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from inside and outside of Australia.  Due to high number of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged each week, the processing time has exceeded 49 months.

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)
When your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 01 July 2015.

·         ONSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 864 and 884)
When your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents, including  (but not limited to)  an Assurance of Support (subclass 864 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 27 October 2016.