Guest guest36187

Hi all, 

Question to all those that paid the 2nd VAC...

1. Did you address your bank cheque to "Department of Immigration and Border Protection"? Where did you write the file reference number? 

2. How did you send your bank cheque? This is particularly for those sending in Australia - did you use Registered Post or Express Post? It states send it by registered post - can we still send it be Express post or Platinum Express Post? 

Thanks. 

Edited by rahulshankar
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, rahulshankar said:

Hi all, 

Question to all those that paid the 2nd VAC...

1. Did you address your bank cheque to "Department of Immigration and Border Protection"? Where did you write the file reference number? 

2. How did you send your bank cheque? This is particularly for those sending in Australia - did you use Registered Post or Express Post? It states send it by registered post - can we still send it be Express post or Platinum Express Post? 

Thanks. 

My email requesting the second vac included full instructions on how and where to send the payment.   You should check your email for the details and follow the instructions carefully.  For the record, my daughter in Australia included a photocopy of the email with the cheque and sent registered and express. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

My email requesting the second vac included full instructions on how and where to send the payment.   You should check your email for the details and follow the instructions carefully.  For the record, my daughter in Australia included a photocopy of the email with the cheque and sent registered and express. 

Hi yes, i knoow where and how to post it, it doesn't specifically state however who to address the cheque to and you can only assume from the wording it is to "The Department of Immigration and Border Protection"

How did your daughter send it with both registered and express post?? Did she sent 2 cheques? 

1 hour ago, rahulshankar said:

Hi yes, i knoow where and how to post it, it doesn't specifically state however who to address the cheque to and you can only assume from the wording it is to "The Department of Immigration and Border Protection"

How did your daughter send it with both registered and express post?? Did she sent 2 cheques? 

She sent ONE Bank Cheque by Registered Express post (you can use both services together).  She included a copy of the email.  It was sent to the address given in the instructions which  I have copied below, but please check your own email carefully in case this has changed since mine was done.   For instance, it might be that they now want cheques payable to Department of Human Services or some other name, as I know that the Department changed its name recently.  

"Payment by Bank Cheque

Bank cheques should be made payable to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and sent by registered post to the following address:

Parent Visa Centre
Contributory Parent Section
Locked Bag 7
NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865
AUSTRALIA

Please note that we do not accept personal cheques.

IMPORTANT 

·         The file reference number must be included with the payment
·         Payment by international bank cheque will delay the visa grant for a period of 28 days after payment has been receipted to allow the cheque to clear. 

Applicants Who Are in Australia

An application cannot be finalised while an applicant is in Australia.

All applicants who are in Australia are required to make arrangements to depart Australia within twenty eight (28) days of the date of this email. 
Within seven (7) days applicants are required to provide a scanned copy of their departure arrangements from Australia to the Parent Visa Centre.  Applicants should allow a minimum of three (3) working days for a visa to be granted following departure from Australia." 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

She sent ONE Bank Cheque by Registered Express post (you can use both services together).  She included a copy of the email.  It was sent to the address given in the instructions which  I have copied below, but please check your own email carefully in case this has changed since mine was done.   For instance, it might be that they now want cheques payable to Department of Human Services or some other name, as I know that the Department changed its name recently.  

"Payment by Bank Cheque

Bank cheques should be made payable to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and sent by registered post to the following address:

Parent Visa Centre
Contributory Parent Section
Locked Bag 7
NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865
AUSTRALIA

Please note that we do not accept personal cheques.

IMPORTANT 

·         The file reference number must be included with the payment
·         Payment by international bank cheque will delay the visa grant for a period of 28 days after payment has been receipted to allow the cheque to clear. 

Applicants Who Are in Australia

An application cannot be finalised while an applicant is in Australia.

All applicants who are in Australia are required to make arrangements to depart Australia within twenty eight (28) days of the date of this email. 
Within seven (7) days applicants are required to provide a scanned copy of their departure arrangements from Australia to the Parent Visa Centre.  Applicants should allow a minimum of three (3) working days for a visa to be granted following departure from Australia." 

Cheers for that.

Department's name hasn't changed in regards to info. We will get the bank cheque and post it on Monday. 

• Like 1

Hi All

First of all, a big thanks to all of you here for helping people with your experience. 

I have applied for 143 for my parents on 30/05/2017. I know I have another 12-18 months before dept will pickup my file.

From other people signatures, I gather first thing is to prepare for Medicals/AOS/Police Checks. Is there anything I can do to prepare myself to send these things back asap.

Can someone please provide more details or refer to a link giving step by step process for Medical/AOS/Police checks? or I just have to wait for request with all details? Thanks 

Secondly, once Permanent residency is granted, do parents have to live continuously here to ensure it does not expire. Are there any requirements?
My parents may still prefer to continue to live in India even after the grant of 143 visa. I have applied for this visa to cover for the risk if they want to come here when they are too old.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by amsaini15
another line addition

2 hours ago, amsaini15 said:

Hi All

First of all, a big thanks to all of you here for helping people with your experience. 

I have applied for 143 for my parents on 30/05/2017. I know I have another 12-18 months before dept will pickup my file.

From other people signatures, I gather first thing is to prepare for Medicals/AOS/Police Checks. Is there anything I can do to prepare myself to send these things back asap.

Can someone please provide more details or refer to a link giving step by step process for Medical/AOS/Police checks? or I just have to wait for request with all details? Thanks 

Secondly, once Permanent residency is granted, do parents have to live continuously here to ensure it does not expire. Are there any requirements?
My parents may still prefer to continue to live in India even after the grant of 143 visa. I have applied for this visa to cover for the risk if they want to come here when they are too old.

Sorry to say but it is more like 33mths before they will pick up your file. Current proceeding is 37-39months! 

You can’t do any police or medical checks before then. They will contact you in plenty of time to get all this done. They have 5yrs before they need to move over permanently once 143 is granted so can come and go in that time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amsaini15 said:

Hi All

You can't do anything Until u get email from DIBP subjected "Preparation to commence docs" and I really hope they would not increase processing time Fgs! Mah each and every document is ready everything except AoS and I gotta wait till case officer allocated once AoS in hand and Co is allocated then we just have to count days and Haa as per my knowledge parents or parents with dependents 'First entry' should be together I guess ?  

Happy Sunday! Cheers 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, amsaini15 said:

Hi All

Hi,.   You might want to look up Form 80 which you can download from the aus. Government website. I've heard that not everyone is asked to fill it in, but if you are asked it would be helpful to have the answers noted ready ... A lot of the questions are repeats of those asked on the original application form but there are also questions about time spent outside your country of residence during the ten years preceeding the process of your application.  It can be really tricky trying to remember some of this stuff and it might be helpful to download the form now so that if you are asked to fill it in when the time comes, you won't be caught on the hop. 

• Like 1

Hi All

Hi Dear Hamsani,
Just for your information i give below the present process for your mothers 143 application process in a nutshell   (factor in what is explained in the "old system" and then there is the 'new" system. I am not sure about the cut off date, but I suspect it was about end of Feb 2015.)

1. Application form 47PA completed and sent to Department Of Home Affairs Australia with all supporting documents.

2. Pay first Visa Application charge (non refundable) receipt of which will be sent a couple of days to weeks later.

3. Wait and wait and wait some more for about 37 - 39 months.

4.You will receive a letter from Dept of Home Affairs Australia 'inviting you to start preparing additional forms (80), go for medical examination and get police clearance and for your sponsor to apply for Assurance of support at Centrelink. The medicals and assurance of support can ONLY be done once you have a HAP number which you will get with this request.

5.Medicals will be uploaded online by the medical professional, you email the completed and signed form 80 as a REPLY to the request for those and attach a copy of your police clearance certificate as well.

6. Your sponsor will at the same time apply at Centrelink to be an Assurer  (Sponsor)

7. Your assurer will be contacted by Centrelink for a telephonic interview explaining exactly what a sponsor's responsibilities are and will probably get advised that the sponsor can fetch letter from Centrelink to take to Commonwealth Bank in order to obtain a Bond  for the Assurance of Support amount.

8. Sponsor goes to Commonwealth bank, pay the AOS bond and gets a receipt (Proof of payment)

9. Your sponsor needs to take the proof of payment letter back to Centrelink and the system will be updated

10. Centrelink will send your sponsor a letter confirming AOS  approval and they will advise Dept of Home Affairs. If sponsor receives an email before the letter arrives, they may email to Dept of Home Affairs

11. You will receive an e-mail requesting the second visa application fees

12. Once you have paid the second VAC you will be granted the 143 Contributory Parent PR visa.

13. You may now enter Australia as a permanent resident and live happily ever after.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 09/02/2018 at 02:57, ramot said:

We celebrate retiring to the Sunshine Coast 15 years ago today, we came on the old retirement visa and are now waiting for the 864 visa.

So just in case any of you prospective parent visa posters are concerned about how you will like your life here, we absolutely love it. Possibly the best thing we have done, and we have done plenty, might take a while to settle in, it's a new country after all but really hope you end up as happy as us.

Good luck everyone, hope those pesky visas come through quickly.

Congratulations on 15 years.

Can I ask out of interest, what was the old retirement visa?

Also, how is house price inflation on the Sunshine Cost? We are seeing some very nice houses available now on the internet, but we are still 12/18 months from getting our visas. Would you think it reasonable to factor a 15% price increase by the time we arrive?

2 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Congratulations on 15 years.

Can I ask out of interest, what was the old retirement visa?

Also, how is house price inflation on the Sunshine Cost? We are seeing some very nice houses available now on the internet, but we are still 12/18 months from getting our visas. Would you think it reasonable to factor a 15% price increase by the time we arrive?

It was the 410 visa that stopped I think in 2005.

Honestly can't answer about how much house prices might go up in the next 18 months, but they seem to have jumped up recently, houses are selling very quickly and getting good prices.

The insurance company Youi has moved its headquarters here locally and a brand new private and public hospital opened last year, also apparently Sydney buyers are buying up here as well to either live in or investment or holiday homes not  quite what you want to hear, sorry.

It is a lovely area to live, I am biased, but for us the slightly more mature age group, almost every interest you might have seems catered for. There are plenty of young families as well.

• Like 2

Anybody able to give us ideas of costs for removal to E coast from UK? May vary from firm to firm and of course depends on volume. 
Always meant to ask this very important question!

Hi Ian, the enquiries we have made so far we were given budget prices of £2500 to £2750 for shipping 500 cubic feet. This excludes insurance. We have gone from shipping everything to nothing and all stops in between! Our current favourite is a large movecube from Seven Seas which will cost around £1500 door-to-door including clearance in Australia.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, David Leask said:

Hi Ian, the enquiries we have made so far we were given budget prices of £2500 to £2750 for shipping 500 cubic feet. This excludes insurance. We have gone from shipping everything to nothing and all stops in between! Our current favourite is a large movecube from Seven Seas which will cost around £1500 door-to-door including clearance in Australia.

Hi Ian.   You may have seen my earlier posts about the long wait for delivery in which case excus me for repeating myself - we paid £2800to PPS and a further hundred and something to Letton Percival for insurance. Letting Percival were. Sry helpful - can’t comment on claim a payment as we didn’t make any. PPS were very good T their end but way off in estimated delivery time. They said 10-12weeks with a further 10-15 days at Sydney customs. They picked up our part load (don’t know exact size, sorry) on August 19th and it was delivered to our address in n.s.w. Nineteen weeks later.

i got very irate by the end as the stuff was with Sydney customs for an astonishing 7 weeks, but in retrospect we were happy with the cost, and it’s all here now.  

Our main conclusions “if we were to do it again “ (god forbid) were:

1. Make a detailed list of what you have sent if it’s a part load. The removers describes things as “kitchen utensils”for example, and there were some things we just couldn’t remember whether we’d sent or not. So did we buy or did we wait? Difficult with things like the stick blender.

2. Think how you are going to manage without your expensive items. Nineteen weeks on a blow up mattress is not to be recommended ... although for some reason my husband didn’t seem to snore as much ?perhapa he didn’t sleep as much either...

3. Don’t underestimate the huge pleasure it is to have your own stuff round you again ... it really does make you feel more at home.

• Like 3

Hi Ian,

Enmy opinion, a very good choice.  We moved over with them to Brisbane.  They turned up at our door right on time, were a very efficient team who packed our stuff and finished in about a day and a half (we had everything ready for them in the respective rooms of the house and they were very appreciative of that).  They gave sound advice on cleaning items such as bikes and boots, and comleted everything with minimum of fuss.  Also then whole team involved from sales pitch to completion were professional.  I think it cost us about £2500 for a 20ft container which still had space (we had three bedroomed house).  Also the team this end has proved to be equally good.  We also used Letton Percival for insurance and they have also been great.  Cheers, Chris

• Like 1

On 2/9/2018 at 16:15, rahulshankar said:

FYI, we received our request for the 2nd VAC. 

No mention of a BPAY option for us. Bank cheque or credit card only. 

Hi, can u pls tell me what is the surcharge if we decide to pay by credit card?

Edited by TinaH