Guest guest36187

9 hours ago, TinaH said:

@Pertenhall ~ I notice your lodgement date was 12.03.15. Have you been contacting by CO yet?  I believe they assess your application according to the lodgement date not the date of acknowledgement?

No, no contact from CO yet.  We are waiting on approval of our AOS which was lodged 8 weeks ago.  Hopefully we will hear something soon.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2018 at 14:49, Zaki said:

Lets hope this  Friyay not disappointe us any more and bring 'we are currently assessing applications lodged up and including 25TH APRIL 2015' 

My daughter is my sponsor and it was about ten weeks inbetween interview and payment request. All drags on after such a long wait of years but it will happen ( he says pulling out what had he has left !) We've had extra medical test which took 8 weeks only to find the lab messed the dates up so now a further 8 weeks so you will probably be in is before us . Good luck 

Re A O  S

My daughter is my sponsor and it was about ten weeks inbetween interview and payment request. All drags on after such a long wait of years but it will happen ( he says pulling out what hair he has left !) We've had extra medical test which took 8 weeks only to find the lab messed the dates up so now a further 8 weeks so you will probably be in oz before us . Good luck 

Edited by gafuk
Mis spelling
  • Like 1

On 01/03/2018 at 00:49, Zaki said:

Lets hope this  Friyay not disappointe us any more and bring 'we are currently assessing applications lodged up and including 25TH APRIL 2015' 

Just got the email reply, 9th April 2015 for the 143 and 30 September 2016 for the 864 ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

No, no contact from CO yet.  We are waiting on approval of our AOS which was lodged 8 weeks ago.  Hopefully we will hear something soon.

@Pertenhall ~ that is very strange. The processing date now is 9th April 2015, your lodgement date was in March. How come there is no CO allocated? I started to feel the update may have to wait until Easter since now all parents visa assessment center may focusing on 864 instead of 143.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brett31 said:

Try again in a few hours... I think they update it when they get off from work in the evening

I think they will be busy planning for their long weekend instead of updating the processing date. :chatterbox: Next Monday will be Labour Day in WA. 

Edited by TinaH
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, TinaH said:

@Pertenhall ~ that is very strange. The processing date now is 9th April 2015, your lodgement date was in March. How come there is no CO allocated? I started to feel the update may have to wait until Easter since now all parents visa assessment center may focusing on 864 instead of 143.

@TinaHThey may well be processing up to 9th April, but as we haven't yet had our AOS approved we won't be making any progress.  This is where you who were asked to prepare your docs in advance have an advantage.  When it gets to your date for processing you will have all our ducks in a row!  Do you have a case officer yet?

Edited by Pertenhall

I'm beginning to think that the problem lies with  Centrelink not being able to keep up with the AOS. It  almost looks like immi are up to date but can't process any further till Centrelink  sorts out the AOS  so maybe thats why immi are asking people to prepare docs earlier and working on those whilst waiting for Centrelink ??

• Like 4

6 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

I'm beginning to think that the problem lies with  Centrelink not being able to keep up with the AOS. It  almost looks like immi are up to date but can't process any further till Centrelink  sorts out the AOS  so maybe thats why immi are asking people to prepare docs earlier and working on those whilst waiting for Centrelink ??

I think it is unfair to blame Centrelink for all the delays we found them very helpful it obviously varies state to state. I understand  there used to be more regional processing offices and then it was all centralised in Perth not sure if thhis was an improvement or not. It is very frustrating waiting but we have to remember there are people from many different places in the world applying all with different circumstances.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

I think it is unfair to blame Centrelink for all the delays we found them very helpful it obviously varies state to state. I understand  there used to be more regional processing offices and then it was all centralised in Perth not sure if thhis was an improvement or not. It is very frustrating waiting but we have to remember there are people from many different places in the world applying all with different circumstances.

For us it definitely seems to be a holdup at Centrelink which is creating the problem.  However, I don’t think it is entirely Centrelink’s fault.  I do question the way that people were (maybe still are?) asked to get their paperwork ready ahead of time.  All those people of course went to Centrelink straight away and it seems that their AOS was approved in a reasonable time frame for most.  That has unfortunately created a backlog for those of us who had to wait until we were contacted to submit our paperwork within 28 days.   

• Like 1

On 03/03/2018 at 07:06, nyorksgrannie said:

On the contrary: the Department of Human Services is patently not delivering for so many AoS cases that there is surely a systemic problem.

And - I dare say - these issues are known to persons at the Department of Home Affairs (particularly those managing the parent visa program), and to persons at the Department of Home Affairs.

Best regards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

On the contrary: the Department of Human Services is patently not delivering for so many AoS cases that there is surely a systemic problem.

And - I dare say - these issues are known to persons at the Department of Home Affairs (particularly those managing the parent visa program), and to persons at the Department of Home Affairs.

Best regards.

Should we be worried?

I'm not sure how many people know this, but 10+ years ago the AoS process used to be administered by the Department of Immigration.

Details of the Assurer's income would be sent to the case officer, and all was well - the process was completed in a matter of days, as a rule.

Then an unnamed bright spark decided it would be better for the AoS to be handled by the DoHS, no doubt in the name of efficiency/improvements to the handling of cases.

The AoS timeline has been going downhill ever since.

Does no-one aver audit the outcome of these decisions?   I think we all know the answer to that ...

Onwards!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

For us it definitely seems to be a holdup at Centrelink which is creating the problem.  However, I don’t think it is entirely Centrelink’s fault.  I do question the way that people were (maybe still are?) asked to get their paperwork ready ahead of time.  All those people of course went to Centrelink straight away and it seems that their AOS was approved in a reasonable time frame for most.  That has unfortunately created a backlog for those of us who had to wait until we were contacted to submit our paperwork within 28 days.   

I am sorry you are still waiting I don’t understand why they didn’t ask people to prepare in advance in date order perhaps it was that if your date was quite near you would be asked to submit everything within 28 days very soon as opposed to preparing. Who knows , It might be that some people weren’t ready with their paperwork and didn’t submit in the 28 days or it was very complex and that would presumably hold others up inthe queue while they sorted it out. It is very depressing at times but we have been so busy helping with our little grandchildren I haven’t kept up as much on this site as I used to when in the UK. 

Good luck to everyone let us hope the processing speeds up again.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

I'm not sure how many people know this, but 10+ years ago the AoS process used to be administered by the Department of Immigration.

Details of the Assurer's income would be sent to the case officer, and all was well - the process was completed in a matter of days, as a rule.

Then an unnamed bright spark decided it would be better for the AoS to be handled by the DoHS, no doubt in the name of efficiency/improvements to the handling of cases.

Does no-one aver audit the outcome of these decisions?   I think we all know the answer to that ...

Onwards!

Any update on the new temporary parent visa which was scheduled for last November Alan?

8 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Onwards!

I was looking at the details of the new visa bill, and I’m no expert, but it seems to be saying that all future visa applicants will need AOS approval BEFORE applying for their visas.

How will this work when the processing time for cpv is 3+ years. The ASO information will be out of date, will everyone have to re-apply for AOS?

And when the new temp visa starts with 15,000 new places per year, can you imagine how busy Centrelink is going to be. I bet we will see additional months of delays of 143’s.

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Confused 1