Guest guest36187

I have just had this email from WA Parents "Medicals and police clearances must be provided only at the request of the Case Officer, who at the same time will instruct you on where to undergo the medical exams as well as where to apply for your police certificate. The Case Officer will assess, when it is the right time to request those documents." So I will have to wait - hope its not too long.

Best wishes

Moira

Hi

Im tracking my parent and parent in laws progress on this forum.

My parents are listed on tracker as Imbrioscia - acknowledgement received 19 Aug 2010 - CO 04 Oct 2011

My parent in laws were listed as Grant - acknowledgement August 2010 -

The problem being my parent in laws have not received a CO as yet.

The reason why i'm a bit anxious is that both their application were submitted the same day - and should have had CO almost at the same time.

I'm not sure what i should do as i have noted on the tracker that CO's have been allocated to applications acknowledged Feb 2011, and seeing as tho their applications were acknowledged Aug 2010 they seem to be 7 months behind for some reaon?

I have also noted that "Grant" is no longer on the tracker??? I have just seen a note stating that the entry would be hidden and made inactive after 18m of acknowledgemnt date.

Can anyone suggest why there would be so much of a delay. Has it got anything to do with teh applicants being South african (high risk) longer processing time?

Any feedback or insight would be greatly appreciated.

P.S they are going thru a migration agent but have told we must be patient......?

I think 7 months behind teh current queing is more than patient?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

ERika

Hi Erika,

I would phone the parent visa centre or email them. My acknowlegement was end July 2010 and I got my visa last November! I'm assuming that the sponsor is the same for both sets of parents so I cannot see why one is taking so long. Not all migration agents are good value for money (mine certainly wasn't and I reported this to the MARA and they have now been removed from their register) I took over the application before a case officer was allocated. It might just simply be a case of administration mix up.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards, Val

Hi Erika,

I would phone the parent visa centre or email them. My acknowlegement was end July 2010 and I got my visa last November! I'm assuming that the sponsor is the same for both sets of parents so I cannot see why one is taking so long. Not all migration agents are good value for money (mine certainly wasn't and I reported this to the MARA and they have now been removed from their register) I took over the application before a case officer was allocated. It might just simply be a case of administration mix up.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards, Val

Hi Val,

Thanks for your reply.

Sponsors are different. Me for my parents - Hubby for his parents.

I hope i am able to call the parent visa centre and query this as i know my inlaws would not be comfortable as i have dealt with everything for them.

Also i read on here a while ago its not a good idea to do so, and to wait for a case office to make contact first???? as this could also set one back.

Otherwise you wouldnt have any other knowledge as to why the order of processing to Case Officer could be slow. Have you heard about High Risk countries having longer processing times?

Anyways i hope it is just a matter of admin mix up. Thanks Val

Erika

Hi Val,

Thanks for your reply.

Sponsors are different. Me for my parents - Hubby for his parents.

I hope i am able to call the parent visa centre and query this as i know my inlaws would not be comfortable as i have dealt with everything for them.

Also i read on here a while ago its not a good idea to do so, and to wait for a case office to make contact first???? as this could also set one back.

Otherwise you wouldnt have any other knowledge as to why the order of processing to Case Officer could be slow. Have you heard about High Risk countries having longer processing times?

Anyways i hope it is just a matter of admin mix up. Thanks Val

Erika

Hi Erika,

You could always make contact and be fairly vague to begin with........eg; "I know the wait times are long but should I be worried if 18 months have passed and we still havent got a CO" or "Could the fact that the applicants are from S. Africa be the reason the allocation of a CO be taking a little longer than usual?" You could even say that you are worried that your migration agent is not giving you what you think might be the correct information.

As in every business, things slip through the net but the fact that one set of parents is being left out. Do your parents already have their visa? If your migration agents were earning their fee they would be chasing this up for you but I guess I'm quite distrustful of them due to my personal experience. Make that call or write that email or you will drive yourself mad!

Good luck, Val x

So how do you front load your medical check before you get CO with said letter and HAP ID? Like others on the tracker, we want to organise meds etc before we get CO. ?

HAP ID is on the letter IMMI sends to people who apply for PARTNER VISA, and when we have that, that means we have a c/o. So I guess that it happens the same with parents visa. That 's why I have asked someone who have it, please confirm.

A bout a month ago, scroogemacduck and someone discussed about receiving an email asking them to do medical, police clearance... but without a real co. (you can re read it ) about 17/1 based on scroogemacduck input on the tracker.

I have noticed that den_pat who did the medical, ASO well before getting a co (or a letter ask him/her to do so) just have a VAC req on 15/3, so that actually means we can frontload medical and ASO as long as we can make it!! it 's really confusing.:mad:

Edited by mengancun

Hi all,

We got our temporary CPV173 last November and validated in December. We have decided to apply for our permanent CPV143 now rather than wait until the 2 years have expired. We are currently still in the UK waiting for the housing market to improve.

My question is this; Am I correct in thinking that the only forms I need to fill out and send are form 47PT and form 40? There is another form on the checklist (47A) but we think this is for those who have an adult child still living with them. Our other daughter lives in S. Korea so I am assuming we don't have to do that one. Perhaps if Linday reads this she might know as I understand that she did her 173-143 application not too long ago.

We are hoping to get the application in before July when the costs go up again and also when DIAC re-set the rate of exchange at the High Commission in London. Does anyone know how long this application usually takes?

Hope someone can help......................regards, Val x

Yessssss!

We got our CO two days ago and suddenly feel quite light-headed about it all. Perhaps it was the champagne we cracked in celebration?

Thirteen months now seem to have skipped by, and we're busy completing our Form 80, having previously submitted medicals, Police checks, etc.

For those still waiting or joining the queue, take heart. It comes round to your turn in the end; before you know it.

Thanks to all who kept us sane and informed over the last year. See you in Sydney quite soon!

John & Eirian

Yessssss!

We got our CO two days ago and suddenly feel quite light-headed about it all. Perhaps it was the champagne we cracked in celebration?

Thirteen months now seem to have skipped by, and we're busy completing our Form 80, having previously submitted medicals, Police checks, etc.

For those still waiting or joining the queue, take heart. It comes round to your turn in the end; before you know it.

Thanks to all who kept us sane and informed over the last year. See you in Sydney quite soon!

John & Eirian

How exciting for you! Now its your turn to keep the rest of us sane! Its certainly heartening to see some movement on the tracker, gradually chipping away at the list - don't understand why some seem to be stuck at a certain hurdle? BTW how did you manage to get your meds done so far in advance - did you have a HAP ID?

All the best, Val x

How exciting for you! Now its your turn to keep the rest of us sane! Its certainly heartening to see some movement on the tracker, gradually chipping away at the list - don't understand why some seem to be stuck at a certain hurdle? BTW how did you manage to get your meds done so far in advance - did you have a HAP ID?

All the best, Val x

Thanks a lot, Val.

No idea what a HAP ID is, but the reason we got our meds done so far in advance was simply because we thought that was the only thing that could ruin our dream, so ... best to get it done and out of the way before we got too committed. Anyone can book their meds whenever they like. The only restriction is that they guess they'll get their visa within twelve months of that date.

We chose July 2011 for our meds cos we guessed that we'd have our visa before July 2012. As the guys say, simples!.... phwwxxx.

John & Eirian

Anyone can book their meds whenever they like. The only restriction is that they guess they'll get their visa within twelve months of that date.

We chose July 2011 for our meds cos we guessed that we'd have our visa before July 2012.

Seems that this can be different for different centres. I phoned two London centres and one in Manchester, and couldn't get an appointment without the HAP number. These centres only do it online. So don't count on getting a medical without it, unless I was told a bunch of baloney.

Yessssss!

John & Eirian

Congrats,we also got our real CO on 14th March --the earlier date I entered was when we were contacted to say we would be "done" within the 2011/12 year and at that time requested medicals,which we had done--thereafter we were concerned that our medicals etc were actually at Immi,but finally told by Medibank that Immi can access electronic copies,but they also must have our posted in copies too.Just waiting for our sponsor to register AOS and should be good to go---as we are in Oz we will have to leave & return,we have things to do in UK & are booked to return.

Also had to do Form 80,myself & OH,bit of a chore recalling travel dates from passport stamps for last 10 years and siblings DOB and parents etc but done now and in post.

I stated already we done our medicals in Oz as we hoped to front load things--taking a chance there as only valid for 12 months.

What is the detail on that the sponsor & AOS can be different people??

Best wishes to Y'all

Edited by Scroogemacduck

Seems that this can be different for different centres. I phoned two London centres and one in Manchester, and couldn't get an appointment without the HAP number. These centres only do it online. So don't count on getting a medical without it, unless I was told a bunch of baloney.

Perhaps the rules are different for online submissions. We had ours done in Cardiff a good 8 months before we got our CO. I know the results were posted to Sydney by Spire Hospital.

John & Eirian

Hi all,

We got our temporary CPV173 last November and validated in December. We have decided to apply for our permanent CPV143 now rather than wait until the 2 years have expired. We are currently still in the UK waiting for the housing market to improve.

My question is this; Am I correct in thinking that the only forms I need to fill out and send are form 47PT and form 40? There is another form on the checklist (47A) but we think this is for those who have an adult child still living with them. Our other daughter lives in S. Korea so I am assuming we don't have to do that one. Perhaps if Linday reads this she might know as I understand that she did her 173-143 application not too long ago.

We are hoping to get the application in before July when the costs go up again and also when DIAC re-set the rate of exchange at the High Commission in London. Does anyone know how long this application usually takes?

Hope someone can help......................regards, Val x

Hi Val

We just completed form 47PT and got my daughter to complete Form 40 again. Yes, I think you are correct in that 47A is for a child over 18 who is still dependent on you. They normally say around 4-6 months processing time. It actually took us 7 months, but I think it depends on where your Assurer lives. I note that you are going to Queensland. Our Assurer was my brother who lives in Queensland and the Centrelink office there really dragged their feet. It took them about 10 weeks to sort everything. Good job my case officer was very patient. Hope that helps,

Congrats,we also got our real CO on 14th March --the earlier date I entered was when we were contacted to say we would be "done" within the 2011/12 year and at that time requested medicals,which we had done--thereafter we were concerned that our medicals etc were actually at Immi,but finally told by Medibank that Immi can access electronic copies,but they also must have our posted in copies too.Just waiting for our sponsor to register AOS and should be good to go---as we are in Oz we will have to leave & return,we have things to do in UK & are booked to return.

Also had to do Form 80,myself & OH,bit of a chore recalling travel dates from passport stamps for last 10 years and siblings DOB and parents etc but done now and in post.

I stated already we done our medicals in Oz as we hoped to front load things--taking a chance there as only valid for 12 months.

What is the detail on that the sponsor & AOS can be different people??

Best wishes to Y'all

Congratulations. It must be good for people to see a bit of movement at last. The person who puts up the Assurance of Support does not need to be the same as your sponsor, but can be any Australian permanent resident. My daughter was our sponsor, but my brother was our Assurer as we didn't want to complicate things in case son-in-laws parents wanted to come over.

Hi Val

We just completed form 47PT and got my daughter to complete Form 40 again. Yes, I think you are correct in that 47A is for a child over 18 who is still dependent on you. They normally say around 4-6 months processing time. It actually took us 7 months, but I think it depends on where your Assurer lives. I note that you are going to Queensland. Our Assurer was my brother who lives in Queensland and the Centrelink office there really dragged their feet. It took them about 10 weeks to sort everything. Good job my case officer was very patient. Hope that helps,

Hi Linday, Thank you for that. I was getting confused with the dependent over 18 child form as our eldest was back living with us at the time we submitted our 173 application in 2010 and I`m almost positive we filled one out then but she now lives in S. Korea.

I will try and get the daughter in Brisbane to hurry her end along when the time comes. Suppose I should'nt be holding my breath for the half decent exchange rate the High Commission is offering just now - surely they will have altered their rate by the time I'm paying the 2nd VAC!

Thanks once again! Val x

Hi am new to pio, i am an ozzy living in the uk with my english wife . we will be moving to oz in a few years time via a spouse visa. My qeustion is about my wifes parents, they have one daughter living in melbourne with granchild , their daughter is about to get permanent residency . When we move out to oz all their children + granchildren will be in oz , what is their best option and approx how much will it cost them . have been told it can cost up to 50 thousand pounds is this true. thankyou for any help..

Hi am new to pio, i am an ozzy living in the uk with my english wife . we will be moving to oz in a few years time via a spouse visa. My qeustion is about my wifes parents, they have one daughter living in melbourne with granchild , their daughter is about to get permanent residency . When we move out to oz all their children + granchildren will be in oz , what is their best option and approx how much will it cost them . have been told it can cost up to 50 thousand pounds is this true. thankyou for any help..

Hi Squiz, It seems that your parents in law will pass the balance of family test; that is, at least half of their children are permanently settled in Australia so they would be eligible to apply for a contributory parent visa. For 2 parents the cost is now more like £60,000! The costs rise by about 10% every July too.

There is a cheaper option but the current wait time is around 15-20 years! There are other hurdles too such as medicals and character assessments.

There are certainly other options but some are age dependant. Have a look on www.immi.gov.au website and see what the options are. Alternatively you could try and get a free short consultation with a migration agent.

The parent visas 143 & 173 normally take around 14 months.

Hope this helps a little.Val

Hi vava , thanks for that info will pass it onto to inlaws. at that cost you have to be sure about the move , no coming home after a few months...

G'Day Squiz

Everything Val says is correct, but for more info take a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books3.htm. And for the horrible truth about charges, see http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/990i-charges.htm.

Good luck, Mike

Cheers mike, would you guys suggest that the inlaws use an agent or is it worth having a go yourself..thanks

Hi again Squiz, Once you have all decided which route you're going to take (which could possibly be covered in a free consultation) regarding which visa your in laws want or could apply for then form filling in is all you need to do.

I went with a migration agent but it turned out to be not the wisest thing we have ever done and was quite costly but others will have a different view. You will certainly get lots of help on this site.

Like Mike said before, read all the info in booklet 3 and on the immi website, and ask the users of this forum for help with anything you're unsure of - you will always get an answer but as always, its your call.

Its a long journey but worth it in the end so Good Luck! Val

I submitted a 103 application back in early 2010, circumstances are now right for me to withdraw it and replace with a 143. I have been told by immigration at Perth that time waiting on the 103 list can be taken into consideration against the wait on the replacement application. Does anyone have any knowledge or idea if this "time served" is a) long enough to reduce any waiting and or b) what the time waiting for a CO is likely to be. The application will be lodged by the end of the month.

thanks in anticipation.

Hello Hitchers,

Sorry, I can't answer your question, but am very very interested in the answers.

You have gone down the route I am about to start. I just feel I have to do 'something' towards getting to Oz at some point in the future and the 103 seems the cheapest option.

If everything falls into place before the 15-20 years is up, I would hope to do the same as you and change to a 143.

Good luck with the next stage.

Cheers Pam

Thank you Gill, just one last question:

If I handed in the 143 application form, then during the 2 year period when mum is waiting for it to be approved, can she come to Australia for visit? Or does she must remain outside of Australia?

Sorry Caroline, have been so busy I have only just caught up with the forum - but I see you have got a reply from others on here, just wanted to apologise for not responding to your question. Gill

I submitted a 103 application back in early 2010, circumstances are now right for me to withdraw it and replace with a 143. I have been told by immigration at Perth that time waiting on the 103 list can be taken into consideration against the wait on the replacement application. Does anyone have any knowledge or idea if this "time served" is a) long enough to reduce any waiting and or b) what the time waiting for a CO is likely to be. The application will be lodged by the end of the month.

thanks in anticipation.

We originally applied for a 103 and then switched to a 173 (Temporary CPV) application. They took the original date of lodgement of our 103 when allocating a CO, so yes, the time spent waiting on the 103 was taken into consideration. If you submitted your 103 early 2010 then I expect it would not be long before you are allocated a case officer.