Guest guest36187

Hi,

Just starting CPV process and looking through document checklist for application form 47A. What evidence is needed to prove where children reside? Son lives in UK - is copy of passport enough for him? Daughter is Australian citizen - is copy of her citizenship docs enough for her? All certified of course. Or do you also have to supply utility bills, or additional info?

Probably the first of many detail questions.

Rowley

G'day Rowley

Certified copies of passports, citizenship papers, etc, should be sufficient, as far as I recall. The application form asks for details of your (and sponsor's, I think) residence etc over past 10 years, so any that involves entering Oz will be on record with the Immigration dept.

I can't recall being asked (or how you would do so) to prove that you only have so-many children, to ensure you pass the balance-of-family test.

Good luck, Mike

G'day Rowley

I can't recall being asked (or how you would do so) to prove that you only have so-many children, to ensure you pass the balance-of-family test.

Good luck, Mike

Apart from details of birth (date, place, gender) nothing more was asked for on Form 30 re children. Incidentally, same details were required for all siblings and parents, whether dead or alive.

John & Eirian

Mike,

Thanks for the response on proof of children residence.

Another question - a bit convoluted, apologies if it has been answered previously, I'm new to the forum ....

It concerns certification of birth & marriage certificates. The personal copies that we all have of our own birth and marriage certificates (although they are handwritten) are themselves officially certified copies of the originals which are held in Somerset House, or wherever. Obviously I'm not going to send those with our application, but copies of them. The question is, do I have to get the copies of the certified copies, certified? The question sounds a bit Monty-Pythonish, but hopefully you get my gist.

Regards

Rowley

Guest Janey1954

In case anyone is wondering why my name is off the tracker list - its because we've withdrawn our application - we have just been granted a 457 visa - yipee!! Hubby is a heavy diesel mechanic and works in the mines here so his skills are in high demand. He's just turned 60 as well - so it proves that you're never too old for anything. The only thing is, we'll be in Perth while the bairns are in Victoria but hey, its only a 4 hour flight as opposed to a 24 hour one!! Hopefully, in a couple of years time, we may be able to get PR otherwise we'll need to start the process again!!

Really excited now - we hope to go in early April but I'll be across to see the wee ones ASAP.

I'll keep looking into this thread (as is my want) - I've been following alot of you for a long time now - Good luck to everyone.

Remember: there are no problems - only solutions (John Lennon)

Janey

In case anyone is wondering why my name is off the tracker list - its because we've withdrawn our application - we have just been granted a 457 visa - yipee!! Hubby is a heavy diesel mechanic and works in the mines here so his skills are in high demand. He's just turned 60 as well - so it proves that you're never too old for anything. The only thing is, we'll be in Perth while the bairns are in Victoria but hey, its only a 4 hour flight as opposed to a 24 hour one!! Hopefully, in a couple of years time, we may be able to get PR otherwise we'll need to start the process again!!

Really excited now - we hope to go in early April but I'll be across to see the wee ones ASAP.

I'll keep looking into this thread (as is my want) - I've been following alot of you for a long time now - Good luck to everyone.

Janey

This is totally fantastic.

How exciting for you and what a bonus.

Shows there's some fire in us oldies yet!

There's only one heaven?

Good on ya, mates.

John & Eirian

Hi Janey

congratulations, Nice to hear someone has found work at our time of life before actually travelling. Really well done. PS we will be arriving 25th April in perth, Erm! Does he need a mate??? :-)

Not so, SMD.

The rate at the Oz High Commission in London is fixed once a year, and for the next six months or so it is $1.52. Try the Oz immi website and see.

John & Eirian

"Currency Converter 2012

This Currency Converter is provided to assist users in determining the amount of a fee or VAC that is payable in the currency in which the fee is to be paid. The values in the Currency Converter are valid from 1 January 2012 to 30 June 2012, Canberra, AEST.

If you wish to convert more than one fee or VAC, please do not add the amounts together prior to entering them into the currency converter below. Each fee or VAC must be converted individually."

But when I put in my hopefully soon to be called for 2 times $37,965 the converter asks for £25.585 which is approx 1.47. Hope you are correct,if so I owe you a drink

Hi Summerdaisy

Use this link and follow all the other links in it. It will answer your questions on what the visa charge is, the conversion to local currency and how to pay.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/converter.htm

regards

peter

And the rate quoted for a conversion of $37,965 is 1.4838 giving £25,585.!Hoping I am wrong as we could "save" £1200.00??

Printed off Payment Mandate and it invites payment in GBP for a bank draft with above conversion rate or by card which would be in which currency??

If in $au then card issuer does conversion??

Rate today is up for the old pound ! 1.49 !!

Regards to Y'all

"Currency Converter 2012

This Currency Converter is provided to assist users in determining the amount of a fee or VAC that is payable in the currency in which the fee is to be paid. The values in the Currency Converter are valid from 1 January 2012 to 30 June 2012, Canberra, AEST.

If you wish to convert more than one fee or VAC, please do not add the amounts together prior to entering them into the currency converter below. Each fee or VAC must be converted individually."

But when I put in my hopefully soon to be called for 2 times $37,965 the converter asks for £25.585 which is approx 1.47. Hope you are correct,if so I owe you a drink

Hi SMD,

Is my computer playing tricks on me?

Using the same link http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/converter.htm and putting in $100 it converts to £65. I make this 1.5384 to the £.

Saving you even more?

John

Mike,

Another question - a bit convoluted, apologies if it has been answered previously, I'm new to the forum ....

It concerns certification of birth & marriage certificates. The personal copies that we all have of our own birth and marriage certificates (although they are handwritten) are themselves officially certified copies of the originals which are held in Somerset House, or wherever. Obviously I'm not going to send those with our application, but copies of them. The question is, do I have to get the copies of the certified copies, certified? The question sounds a bit Monty-Pythonish, but hopefully you get my gist.

Regards

Rowley

I had to ask the same question too. Yes you do have to have photocopies of the certified copies certified. We had ours done by a local Solicitor. We took in the photocopies and the originals and they just stamped and signed them to certify they were true copies. Can't remember how much they charged but it wasn't much. There's a list of who can certify copies on the Oz immigration site - they include doctors, police, JP's etc. Angie

Janey

Wow!! How fantastic is that? Just shows how quickly things can change and very often for the better. Good luck to you both. Angie

Angie

Mike,

Regards

Rowley

G'day Rowley

If you get "official" copies of birth etc certs from Somerset House, those are officially certified. If you photocopy original certificates, you have to get those certified by a solicitor/whatever – which is likely to cost more than official copies unless you have a tame solicitor in the cupboard!

In any case, the certificates get returned to you in due course, with the official verdict on your application.

Mike

Hi SMD,

Is my computer playing tricks on me?

Using the same link http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/converter.htm and putting in $100 it converts to £65. I make this 1.5384 to the £.

Saving you even more?

John

my computer also asks for £65.00 for $100.00 and was delighted with this until I put in $37,965 and get £25,585--have now done this several times and really want to get $/£ @1.52.

I expect you will get same result but it is confusing--although clear cut $37,965 is £25,585.

Regards

SMD

Mike,

Regards

Rowley

We actually sent off for extra copies of the certified copies from the Registrar which cost around £7 and then sent these to immigration. They did actually return them to me (or my daughter's address in Perth).

Janey

I have sent you a PM.

Hi Everyone.

I have a question about flights. If the allocation time for a CO is still 14mths, I should get a CO in September. I would like to book my flight ONE WAY before then. My son thinks I may not be able to book one way until I actually have the visa, is he right?

Thanks again for this wonderful sharing of information and support

Best wishes Moira

Hi Moira,

I think its ok to book a one way ticket to anywhere. The thing you have to prove is to be able to afford the return ticket if you are not entitled to stay in the destination you have entered. Thats why they always ask that question on those "Nothing to Declare" programmes on the TV. Dont think you would have any problems though. Just make sure you allow enough time for the visa grant as you must be offshore when its granted.

All the best to you! Val x

Guest mollymoo14

Hello all, sorry if posting in wrong area- new to forum. I need some advise please....

My mum has informed me her and my step dad are splitting up, she is positive it hasnt been working out for a while. Massive worry now is - my hubby is going for a 457 employer sponsored and could already have a job sorted. we had already discussed this with my mum and she had said then 'i will be right behind you if you go' (i am her only child left in uk) my brother is in melbourne and has just got aussie citizenship, my nana and aunt and all cousins etc live there to so only my own little family and my mum left here.

I had already read so much for our visa requirements and then searched and found how very long it would take for my mum and step dad to come out or how costly so i was worried about giving her the bad news as she was still under the illusion having all her family out there would be enough.

I explained as much as i knew last night to her as she is adament she will come with me when we do get our visa some way or other. she will have funds around 150 thousand english from half the sale of the house (if it sells ) and savings. and a pension at 62 i believe (shes 59 now) .

could she come out on a 12 month visitor visa as soon as we went, and how long does this visa take? am i correct in reading it is 110$ for this? then is the only fastest way to go the contributionery parent visa? can she apply for this as soon as we leave? and is it pos for her to be in Aus whilst its going on? then just go off shore if its accepted to validate , also is this cost 42000$ ish and what other costs involved?

i apologise for rambling , have so many questions ,but just couldnt leave her here on her own. Any info really would help so much im getting so confused. thankyou