Guest guest36187

Hi,

Getting ready to submit 143 application for my wife and myself. I understand that, when everything is ready, it has to be posted to the PVC in Perth. However I have read somewhere on the forum a recommendation to pay the first VAC to the High Commission in London. Is this possible with a 143? How does it work, how is payment tied to the application?

Regards

Rowley

my computer also asks for £65.00 for $100.00 and was delighted with this until I put in $37,965 and get £25,585--have now done this several times and really want to get $/£ @1.52.

I expect you will get same result but it is confusing--although clear cut $37,965 is £25,585.

Regards

SMD

Agree totally, SMD.

I s'pose making lots of £65 payments is not totally practical!

Perhaps this needs a phone call to sort it out?

Good luck.

John & Eirian

Hello all, sorry if posting in wrong area- new to forum. I need some advise please....

My mum has informed me her and my step dad are splitting up, she is positive it hasnt been working out for a while. Massive worry now is - my hubby is going for a 457 employer sponsored and could already have a job sorted. we had already discussed this with my mum and she had said then 'i will be right behind you if you go' (i am her only child left in uk) my brother is in melbourne and has just got aussie citizenship, my nana and aunt and all cousins etc live there to so only my own little family and my mum left here.

I had already read so much for our visa requirements and then searched and found how very long it would take for my mum and step dad to come out or how costly so i was worried about giving her the bad news as she was still under the illusion having all her family out there would be enough.

I explained as much as i knew last night to her as she is adament she will come with me when we do get our visa some way or other. she will have funds around 150 thousand english from half the sale of the house (if it sells ) and savings. and a pension at 62 i believe (shes 59 now) .

could she come out on a 12 month visitor visa as soon as we went, and how long does this visa take? am i correct in reading it is 110$ for this? then is the only fastest way to go the contributionery parent visa? can she apply for this as soon as we leave? and is it pos for her to be in Aus whilst its going on? then just go off shore if its accepted to validate , also is this cost 42000$ ish and what other costs involved?

i apologise for rambling , have so many questions ,but just couldnt leave her here on her own. Any info really would help so much im getting so confused. thankyou

Hi Mollymoo

First of all, you need to make sure that your mum passes the balance of family test. Does your stepdad have any children? You may not be aware, but DIAC count these when considering the BOF. She will need to have at least half the children in Australia. Or if she doesn't pass the BOF and they are married she will need to be divorced from him.

Secondly, your mum cannot apply for the CPV when you leave the UK as you will need to be a permanent resident and deemed settled in Oz before you can sponsor her for a Contributory Parent Visa, usually a period of 2 years, although they do count any time spent on a temporary visa. The waiting time for a case officer for the CPV is around 14 months at the moment. Your mum could still come out on a 12 month tourist visa, it only takes about 2 weeks to get this by applying on line, she would need to prove she has sufficient funds to support herself. However, DIAC might not be willing to issue consecutive tourist visas. Once you are a permanent resident and she has applied for the CPV DIAC are usually pretty flexible about granting 12 month visas to parents. She would be able to come to Oz while the visa was being processed, but would need to go offshore when the visa is granted. You are correct about the cost.

The costs are

a one application charge of $1995 and then a second visa application charge of $40,015 payable just before visa grant and an Assurance of Support of $1000 which is refundable after 10 years. Then there is the cost for a medical (can vary £350 onwards), police check around £35 I think. You also need to factor in removal costs etc.

Hope this helps.

The costs are

a one application charge of $1995 and then a second visa application charge of $40,015 payable just before visa grant and an Assurance of Support of $1000 which is refundable after 10 years. Then there is the cost for a medical (can vary £350 onwards), police check around £35 I think. You also need to factor in removal costs etc.

Hope this helps.

I think the AoS is $10,000, but they do give you the interest on that. I've just had my medical in Manchester and the cost was £260.

The AoS is $10k for the main applicant, plus $4k for the secondary applicant - so long as your Assurer is an individual.

A limited company can be an Assurer (this can be a useful alternative strategy where an individual who is the intended Assurer can't satisfy the AoS income test) - the AoS Bond is then a higher amount.

Remember also that an AoS isn't needed initially if you adopt the two step strategy - ie a subclass 173 first, followed by a 143 when you are onshore. In this case the AoS is only needed when the 143 is applied for at a later date.

Best regards.

Guest mollymoo14

Hello Linday,

thankyou for your advise- really appreciate the help. I didnt realise that they include step children in the balance of children, she has my brother already an aussie citizen in melbourne, myself here awaiting hubby job offer for 457 and 2 step children down in kent that she doesnt have a relationship with (long story) . Does this still pass the BOC test? Do i have to be in Aus first so its balanced or will they consider it as i am going at the same time as her ?

Also is it possible for my brother to be her sponsor as hes already there and has citizenship? so could we still apply for the permanant CPV for her at the same time or is it possible and cheaper to do once in Aus .

Really look forward to more advise, my head is spinning with so much but i know it will be worth it in the end as long as its all possible

Hello Linday,

thankyou for your advise- really appreciate the help. I didnt realise that they include step children in the balance of children, she has my brother already an aussie citizen in melbourne, myself here awaiting hubby job offer for 457 and 2 step children down in kent that she doesnt have a relationship with (long story) . Does this still pass the BOC test? Do i have to be in Aus first so its balanced or will they consider it as i am going at the same time as her ?

Also is it possible for my brother to be her sponsor as hes already there and has citizenship? so could we still apply for the permanant CPV for her at the same time or is it possible and cheaper to do once in Aus .

Really look forward to more advise, my head is spinning with so much but i know it will be worth it in the end as long as its all possible

Yes, your brother would be able to sponsor her. You would need to be physically in Australia first before your mum applies for the CPV in order for her to pass the BOF test. She will then have 2 children in Australia and 2 stepchildren in the UK, so she would pass the BOF test. It isn't any cheaper to apply in Australia unfortunately, the costs are the same, although I do believe it is slightly cheaper to do the medicals in Australia. I think it's all about timing. She could get a 12 month visitor visa to come to Australia with you, but she may not get her CPV before this runs out. She could go offshore and apply for another visitor visa but it's not guaranteed that she would get it. Also there is the possibility that her visitor visa could have a 'No Further Stay' condition put on it, which means she would not be able to apply for the CPV while in Australia.

Guest mollymoo14

Thanks stevemalbec for giving price of medical much appreciated, we need to budget so much so its good to get an idea of prices .

Alan thank you very much taking time to advise - really appreciate valuable info. Im now also being a bit stupid-Would my brother need to physically hand over 10k when he sponsors my mum for the CPV as well mum paying the 40k and 2k visa fee (plus 110$ for visiting visa and medical and police check)

Does my mum have to prove she can provide for herself once there with a specific amount, and what does my brother have to earn to sponsor?

I still obviously need to read up alot more on this.

Think we will do the sub 173 so she can come with us then the 143 when we are there but as pointed out by LINDAY It is all about timing as if time runs out as it will on the 12 month visitor mum will have to come back to the uk on her own to nothing if they wont do another 12 month added to the first until the 143 is agreed. This is to horrible to think about. but i assume not alot can be done.

Im off to read up on the diac website again, if anyone else is in a similar situation please advise on what you have done or if i am missing anything would really appreciate your help. Thanks again -Linday, Alan and Stevemalbec:smile:

Hello Mollymoo.

You seem a tad confused, so why not have a freebie chat with a migration agent to confirm visa strategy?

For reference, the $10k is for the Assurance of Support Bond - it does not have to be paid by the sponsor, as the assurer need not be the child of the parent visa applicant.

Note also that the same issues regarding a settled sponsor and balance of family apply to a subclass 173 application as apply to a 143.

Best regards.

Guest mollymoo14

Hello again Alan, LOL at the confused- thats an understatement , Im reading as much as i can and have on our own route in ,now im getting muddled with mums route to. it could probably be quite straight forward if i didnt panic so much and make it a nightmare.

We have read so much useful info on here and did actually speak with the fab Marina by email quite a bit and she was very helpful ,replying speedily every time .

She advised the 457 for my hubby after not getting a positive skills from vetassess.

She also said sarah will be able to help when we are ready to go with job sorted.

so will contact GO MATILDA as soon as job front sorted.

can you also help with mums visa in all this to?

We have had fab free advise already from marina so didnt want to keep pestering her until we are sorted.

so finding out as much as i can to get things ready while we wait.

Thanks again Alan- a very easily confused Mollymoo :confused:

Hi read on here a week or two ago that 173 visa when granted is electronically put on to passports at immigration when entering Aus.

We have had an email from our CO via our Agent that we have to send our passports to the Aus Embassy in London. Is this because we live in Rep of Ireland? or has it changed since a few weeks ago?

Ann and Roy.

Yes, your brother would be able to sponsor her. You would need to be physically in Australia first before your mum applies for the CPV in order for her to pass the BOF test. She will then have 2 children in Australia and 2 stepchildren in the UK, so she would pass the BOF test. It isn't any cheaper to apply in Australia unfortunately, the costs are the same, although I do believe it is slightly cheaper to do the medicals in Australia. I think it's all about timing. She could get a 12 month visitor visa to come to Australia with you, but she may not get her CPV before this runs out. She could go offshore and apply for another visitor visa but it's not guaranteed that she would get it. Also there is the possibility that her visitor visa could have a 'No Further Stay' condition put on it, which means she would not be able to apply for the CPV while in Australia.

G'day

Do make a careful check of all the conditions in the Immi Dept publications – especially Booklet 3. I was under the impression that the only type of parent visa you can apply for onshore is the Aged type. And again, as Linday says, this is only possible if the visitor's visa doesn't have a "no further stay" condition added.

It might be better to make the application before your mum leaves the UK (but after you have moved to Oz), then for your mum to head out on a 12-month visitor's visa. But of course, she may have to leave Oz at least briefly to renew the visitor's visa; and again for the actual grant of the Parent visa. Most people do this by going to Singapore (from WA) or New Zealand (from the east coast).

Mike

Hi All

Mum now has the request for her 2nd VAC to be paid. Looking at the calculator it appears i'm better off paying it here than she is in London as the rate isn't so good for higher amounts. In the email from her CO Mum has the form to pay be credit crd, my question is can I complete the form, scan it then email it or do I have to send the form via snail mail?

G'day

Do make a careful check of all the conditions in the Immi Dept publications – especially Booklet 3. I was under the impression that the only type of parent visa you can apply for onshore is the Aged type. And again, as Linday says, this is only possible if the visitor's visa doesn't have a "no further stay" condition added.

It might be better to make the application before your mum leaves the UK (but after you have moved to Oz), then for your mum to head out on a 12-month visitor's visa. But of course, she may have to leave Oz at least briefly to renew the visitor's visa; and again for the actual grant of the Parent visa. Most people do this by going to Singapore (from WA) or New Zealand (from the east coast).

Mike

Hi MikeSue

Just to clarify: It is perfectly possible to lodge an application for a parent visa while in Australia. What doesn't happen is that the applicant will be granted a bridging visa to allow them to actually stay in Australia so they will have to leave when their original tourist visa expires. To be granted the brdiging visa the the applicant needs to be 65. You do need to be offshore of course when the visa is granted.

Hi All

Mum now has the request for her 2nd VAC to be paid. Looking at the calculator it appears i'm better off paying it here than she is in London as the rate isn't so good for higher amounts. In the email from her CO Mum has the form to pay be credit crd, my question is can I complete the form, scan it then email it or do I have to send the form via snail mail?

You need to download the payment mandate from the Australian High Commission website:

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/fees.html - have a look at the instructions on how to pay.

We paid with a bank cheque as our credit card company wanted to charge us commission.

We sent the cheque, the payment mandate, a copy of the letter from our CO asking for payment, and a covering letter. We got two special delivery ‘silver pouches’ from the post office and self addressed one, and paid the return postage (we made a note of the number). We then included the self addressed one in the envelope for them to return the receipt to us. We then sent the receipt to our CO. We were able to check when the envelope had been posted back to us. The whole process only took about 4 days.

Guest mollymoo14

Hello, Thankyou MikenSueNW3 for your valuable input, what are the reasons for no further stay on visitor visa, do they always put this ? or just random visas with certain criteria? is it a big possiblity mums will have this? and what does the Aged visa request , what is different to the off shore apart from being onshore- mum is 59 (60 next march) Look forward to your info ,and thankyou again x

Hello again Linday, really really appreciate your experienced advise, this makes so much difference to someone not getting her head round so much info- this site has already proved its weight in gold and i am only just starting out on the big dream.

Can you do me a huge favour and just list what you would do if you were me now(what visa and when) or confirm if i am on the right track so we know what to aim for.

hubbys sponsor to lodge 457 request.

us to then lodge our 457 application.

when/if we get visa granted apply for mums 12 mth visitor visa.

* also apply for offshore cpv OR

*Wait until arrival and apply for mums onshore cpv

we go to Aus without mum :sad:

(I have to be in Aus before mum, even for the visitor visa for BOF test ???) brother in Aus, 2 step children in uk, me on route to Aus

Not possible to wait in singapore for her on nxt flight???

12 months up ,mum has to go back home as they wont allow another visitor visa as prob have no further stay on this one. (have to go off shore to apply if it is pos)

mum wait a further 6-12 months in uk for cpv to be approved ? (what if we done the onshore cpv-would it make a difference that she has to come home after the 12 month visa ends as she now wouldnt be onshore????)

phew- im exhausted just thinking about it all lol - please please advise if im on the right track or heading on a way more confusing route .thankyou everyone

Hi Mollymoo, After reading all your posts with interest, has any of you considered (as NONE of you are currently living in Australia) whether or not you might not settle? Plenty of people come back to the UK after only being in Oz a few months or even a year or two. Would it not be more prudent to wait until you and your husband are settled and then apply for your Mums CPV? Its an awful lot of money to shell out if things dont work out. DIAC do not give refunds if you change your minds.

Good luck with whatever you decide - Val

Guest mollymoo14

hello vava, My mum has wanted to be in Aus for years, she only remained here as i was here, and i stayed here as my hubbys family were here, sadly not the case now.

My mums family all moved to Australia years and years ago ,nan and pop paying somthing like 10$ lol. My brother went out 10 or so years ago with the grand hyatt that he worked as a chef for in london, he went on a 2 yr sponsored visa and didnt want to return,then applied for permanent residency and now a citizen. He is in Melbourne.

We have been out and visited him, we have visited my nanna in Sydney, and where she is now near coffs , my cousin in Canberra and my we stayed with my aunt in woolgooga,and my mum has been out around 7 or so times some for a few months at a time when pop was really poorly. Obviously things change over time, and we realise how expensive it is to get out there and to actually live day to day now , but we also know what a beautiful ,laid back country it is and for us its about spending a bit more stress free time with our 3 kids as they are growing so fast, and know we are giving them a better future and more job prospects. And for my mum ,she wants to be with all her family again.

I value your Honest advise though Vava, we have always had the what ifs in the back of our minds-especially as we now can only go on the temp 457 with no guarantee of permanent residency ourselves although hubby is asking this be put in the job offer to sponsor for permanent after the 2 years. And not much choice for mum as she cant wait 15 years or so for normal parent visa and cant just keep extending the visitor visa.

We also know that we dont want to be here wondering what would have been, so like many people on here we will all just go for it and cope with the bumpy ride until it calms down and love our new life down under- if it does all go wrong we will address it when it arises.

Can i ask what your situation is without being cheeky, are you heading down under, or come back? and thanks again Val x

Hi Mollymoo,

Well you certainly seem to have all the bases covered. We got our CPV 173 last November and validated it in December when we went out to visit our daughter for Christmas. Have come home now to sort out the house and try to sell it. Cant do anything until its sold. Had a good look at property while we were there and its quite scary. Job situation isnt that good either for 55-60 year olds. Just have to work, work, work and save really hard for the next year or so and hope that the housing market picks up here and the dollar improves there. Its not an easy journey thats for sure!

All the best - Val x

Hi Val, Have applied for the CPV 173, my acknowledgement date is September 2011. I'm from Ireland. My son is living in Brisbane and I will stay with him for a while when I arrive. I dont have a pension, I was made redundant 2+ years ago and can't get a job. I am 57, I was a cost controller/project administrator. It kinda gave me a fright to see that it is hard to get a job for the 55-60 year olds as I will have to get work straight away. Do you have any idea if it is the same way in all of Australia with regard to the age and jobs. The exchange rate is crippling too, barely have the money from my redundancy to cover the 2nd VAC. I'm letting out the house when I go and will see how things pan out then. Best of luck to you.

Frances.

Hi Frances, Dont be disheartened - I`m sure there are jobs out there. Me and my hubby will both need to get jobs when we go there full time. I`m not too fussed what I do so long as its not outside in the searing heat!

Where in Brisbane are you headed for? My daughter lives in Manly - very nice but too expensive for us to consider that area. Got to look on the bright side though - we're committed now we've handed over all that cash to DIAC! We can dream of a lottery win in the meantime...........

Best wishes to you Val x

Guest mollymoo14

Congratulations on your CPV vava and wish you a speedy sale of your house here so you can be back with your daughter soon, and defo hope the $ improves. All the best to you on the rest of your journey x

Best of luck to you to Francis with your cpv and finding a suitable job once in Brisbane with your son x