New Changes to STATE SPONSORED MIGRATION

Guest highlander

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes BB , Im lucky to have visa already but I share your thinking. I really cant see states giving out SS to people knowing it will then be a 2-3 yr wait b4 they will arrive in Oz. How will each state even plan what trades they will need that far in advance ? I wonder if DIAC are being over pessimistic with the dates offered and maybe want people to withdraw or apply later ?

Thats exactly right Dawn, i cant see how they would give ss either and then not getting their residents for another two years is ridiculous, dont think they have consulted the states on this new legislation....

Congratulations on your visa... looks like you just made it . WELL DONE !

ooh Kelly thank you for that candle of hope - just cancelled our meds, guess I was fortunate enough to be in a position to do so...

Best of luck everyone and keep the faith:hug:

I remember when my agent said to me (it was mid February 09) that MODL applicants will have a go in April-May. He said the information came from top ASPC stuff.

We made our meds, PCC and hopes....

Then, 16/03 came....

We got WA SS in July, CO in August

Then came 23/09...

Looser's game this is....

Hi Gill

Your comments; ...

I would be lobbying the Shadow Minister and the Commonwealth Ombudsman as well. I would be going in hard on the question of wasted costs and wasted time & effort by the applicants concerned. If I were an applicant, I would complain to all three.

I totally agree that all us applicant should write to these people and highlight our angers and concerns at the way we have been treated.

You are a mind of information and wondered if you know where we can find the contact details for these people we should be writing to to complain as I for one would like to get a few things off my chest to them and hope that others will follow too.

They have to stop being able to treat people in this manner and if we dont complain they will just continue to work in this way.

Thanks for any information.

Tasha

Already posted my complain to the DIAC.

Will send a letter to the shadow immi minister.

what does this mean for us.

we are going on perm visa waiting to hear from ss and job is still on csl.

how long are we going to waiting know.

help help help

If your job still on CSL you dont need to worry. Once you have the SS you will be one of the priority ones to be processed . You wont have to wait long :smile:

Guest Bill_er_Bong
This could make the funniest series of "Wanted Down Under" ever!?!?

Imagine the familly all voting "AUSTRALIA" and the minister walking on set and ripping up the flags, pushing the little girl over and kicking hubby in the plums...

That about sums it up I think?

Hang on there, this is nonsense of the highest order.

:biglaugh:

Here's my vote for best post of the day!!! It managed to put a smile back on my face briefly!!! Have some rep!

Hi to all,

Unbelievable, I am a non CSL SS Applicant priority no 5. This is a big shock but hopefully more information will be added soon to clarify things, they have to make another move and i expect the goal posts will move again and hopefully in our favour depending on what skill we have. The CSL is too short I believe that everybody's concerns are relavant regarding the in justice that has taken place here and hopefully they will rectifiy this by updating the skills in demand lists in a way that will get us all there.

This can't be it. Too harsh and the world is watching and now is not a time for australia to show weekness that they are unable to support healthy immigration suggesting a poor economic growth forecasts as we all know they have an ageing population and it a neccesity to bring in new skills now!

So i am praying that this is just the first administrative step in sorting out the influx of applications and finding out a way they can get what they need.

If we all take a step back and take a deep breath....

Having looked at the CSL list as it stands I cannot imagine the total applicants for these skills holding up the mogration bandwagon much before the lower priorities get alook in, lets face it how many medical consultants do you know that want to leave the £100k+ a year UK for Australia?? They are on the CSL for a reason... cause they don't attract enough of them! The same goes of the rest of the occupations (with the exception of tilers and gas fitters, WTF). As such I see them moving down the list in quick fashion and if my prediction comes to be then you would have to say it was a wise move eg you wouldn't want your GP being held up in a queue of run of the mill electricians would you?

I expect another massive shift in the goal posts soon, as we have seen throughout 2009 to date, keep smiling I think this will turn out to be a storm in a tea cup :elvis:

I agree rinkerdink lets all just not make any sudden moves and let the dust settle we all have a lot on the line and sometimes no action the the best action

Guest rhodieboy

I am one of the unlucky ones, everything was done, medicals; docs; the lot all it needed was my CO to yes or no the application; 21 months my life has been on hold, can't recall how much money I have spent on this; well who knows It may still happen... I may also win the lotto!

Guest Wannabeoz

Let's not forget at the beginning of July they increased all the visa fees by 20%! Obviously wanted to make sure they fleeced people of as much money as possible to give nothing in return. Disgusting.

Ah r, I know it's hard but it will be worth it when your there, I know 21 months is incredible and to have things change like this at the last minute, I mean that is the worst.

But it will be worth it in the end. If oz is where you truly want to be, a few more months waiting and then your there for the rest of your life and it will seem like a small price to pay when your there.

hi there im new to this site an still tryin 2 get my head round it all.

me an my partner were goin state spon but with these new rules he now has to take the english test, he's an accountent an i was wonderin can anyone whose taken it let me know how hard it is he has to score an overall 7.

thank

heather:jiggy:

Guest barney1450

Hi all

Just reading all your comments, and can imagine the upset that this is calling. The process is a constant roller coaster anyway, but to have all these constant changes isnt helping all those people spending lots of money to offer a country their skills and experience.

What is australia playing at??

Just think what they are doing, so many people have spent their life savings, sold their houses and built up their dreams, to be told you goto wait for years before being considered. In a few years they might not have the funds to start the process again, and pay for meds again, so mr minister you will be losing out in the long run, cus all the skill people will go elsewhere.

Anyway - does anyone know whether this will affect my application, after winning the MRT, having a case office and just waiting for the police check??

Not sure whether i fall into this new change or am different cus my case was heard by the tribunal - advice would be very much appreciated.

Good luck to you all out there, and my thoughts are with you all.

Tonia xx

In and email from my agent they say that the first 3 catagories should be dealt with fairly swiftly as not a lot of applicants and then they will deal with the CSL. They are currently dealing with April CSL and when they start prioritising the expect that to be fairly quickly so they should move on to our catagory....ie SS sponsered non CSL but MODL fairly shortly, their guess is approximatly 2-3 months.

Fingers well and truly crossed:wideeyed:[/QUOT

I called my agent today and they said the same as above. So lets hope they are right its been a long process but we will get there in the end. It does piss me off all these changes when they have taken our money though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOT

I called my agent today and they said the same as above. So lets hope they are right its been a long process but we will get there in the end. It does piss me off all these changes when they have taken our money though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear another agent saying the same thing....They are the experts, so surely they should be able to gauge the situation

Well lets hope it is I have no idea what I'll do with myself till 2012 my husband and I are both out of work and there is no sign of a job in our country anytime soon, I couldn't bear living on scraps till then we have our whole life savings in this so hope is all we have to hang on to!

Guest highlander
To Alan and WJK...

I have only just finished reading this thread now from start to finish and its taken me all morning!!! My head is spinning now!

Thanks for the info provided. I for one shall certainly write to these people and thanks for the extra pointers Alan.

I do fully agree that the government should look after their own people and protect them at time where there is a threat with the world economy.

My main concern is the way they can allow the DIAC to take our money after suggesting we are eligible to gain entry to their country and take that away from us without any prior notice. I do feel that they should honour the people who they have taken money from, rather than keep moving the goal posts and not allowing us to reach our dreams. I know eventually everyones application will be looked at but who can say if people will be in a position to fulfil their dreams after such a long wait, when at the beginning of the process were informed of a shorter timescale.

I hope that others will follow in contacting these relevant people and express their views and opinions. If we dont kick up a stink now then this will just get washed over and they will be allowed to continue in this terrible manner. We all know that this is not the first time they have done this to us.

Thanks Tasha

I Think Minister had forgotten that the amount of $$$ as a advance fees from applicants is also helping economy in many ways... must be in Millions of dollars poured in with DIAC .....:mad:

Guest spurious

Reading all this hysterical over-reaction, I'm amazed at the lack of perspective some people have. It's almost like some of you think Australia owe you something! The simple fact is that until you get your visa, you are always at the mercy of legislation changes - this isn't a secret and never has been. If you don't understand that the legislation and policy can change at any moment, and at the discretion of the government, then more fool you. You are not *entitled* to a visa to Australia; you're lucky you're getting the chance to live there at all. Some other nations take years and years for people to migrate to their land, and half of you seem to be throwing all your toys out of your pram because you're having to wait for more than a few months.

So some of you have been under the illusion that you're almost there - well who told you that? DIAC have never promised a visa until it's granted - they briefly implemented a priority structure but never said it would be permanent. It seems to be your own sense of self-entitlement that's allowed you to get ahead of yourself and you're now using to validate this embarrassing display of collective self-pity.

You'll still get your visa. Stop all this tedious 'poor me' nonsense and use the time to save, to put your house on the market, and - god forbid - to get a little perspective.

What about those who are invited by the Department of Immigration to incur costs on medical examinations, or to attend IELTS, only to find that they have to do them again and spend fairly significant funds because of the Minister's actions?

Is complaining about that a hysterical overreaction too?

Best regards.

Archived