New Changes to STATE SPONSORED MIGRATION

Guest highlander

thats very sad,

i am totally devastated.

Very dark !

Welcome to the Cat5 party. We're all in the same mess but I think things will change in the next few months

Yes it is a very sad time at the moment, there are lots of us in the same situation. Do come and join our thread, we are all Cat 5 waiting for a bit of good news...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now-28.html

You can add your info if you wish and I will add your details to the first page with everyone else.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest johnsonclan

We have had our monthly newsletter from our agent today re the current changes.

He has said that the e mail people are receiving that states its 2012 for Catergory 5 is generic and is given to all applicants no matter where they are in the process. He said it does not address individual applications.

He has stated that he thinks it could be mid 2010 before things get moving, approx 6 to 8 months or so for people in our situation to hear any news. He says there are alot of changes to come next yr so its a case of watch and wait to see what the outcome will be ? 1 thing he has also said is that once the CSL is done we should be next( hopefully ?)and for people who were in the final stages we should be first to be processed.

This does give us ray of hope and this we will hold onto. Although we think PIO has been very helpful it has also become very addictive and we have been relying on it tooo much. We read things which give us hope followed by not such good news which then knock us back down. So many thanks to all the agents that have given free advice and for all their hard work but for now we are taking a break from PIO.

We will get on with our lives and occasionally from time to time check in and see the state of play !

So heres to good news in 2010 eh !!!

Tracy, Steve, Matthew (11) and Daniel (8)

Guest Gollywobbler
SOS,

Hi guys please help!

I applied my SS visa (south Australia) on 1st sep 2009 to DIAC from Sydney and i am on priority list 5. Can anyone tell me how long it will take for whole process get this visa.

Chimo

HI Chimo

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

You have told us that you are in Sydney. Which GSM visa have you applied for, please? One of the offshore ones (sc 176 or 475) or one of the onshore ones (sc 886 or 487)?

This question is important, please, so I would be grateful if you could confirm exactly which visa is involved.

DIAC are expected to make a further announcement in December but as yet there are no indications of a date.

Both you and Jains should listen to the radio interview which was broadast on Friday 30th October, plus read the relevant comments on the program:

The National Interest - Have Your Say

Migration applicants stuck in two-year limbo - The National Interest - 30 October 2009

Please also listen to the programme itself. I undertand that Peter Mares is doing a follow up programme this coming Sunday and that he has invited the Minister for Immigration to be his guest. It will be interesting to see whether the Minister rises to the challenge of appearing on the programme.

Cheers

Gill

Please also listen to the programme itself. I undertand that Peter Mares is doing a follow up programme this coming Sunday and that he has invited the Minister for Immigration to be his guest. It will be interesting to see whether the Minister rises to the challenge of appearing on the programme.

Cheers

Gill

Just want to make little correction. The original progam first broadcast on Fridays and then repeats on Sundays. So keep on searching for National Interest on Friday 06 Nov.

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how long it could take me to get a 176 visa. i am a nurse been qualified for 1 year which is the minimum requested. want to get sponsership to queensland. just started process with migration agent. have passed IELTS test as needed. so does anyone know how long it takes aprox.

I live in hope that the Govt will see sense and make changes again in the next few months, like everyone else. If we have got this far then don't give up!:wacko:

I noted the shawgorby name you use - as in THE shaw gorby? I used to live in Shaw and other places in Oldham - now Prestwich and waiting for SS from ACT... and waiting :)

I have cousins and friends living in Perth - where abouts are you?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Justin JIANG

Wow, one of the most hardest Chrimas coming soon yet we haven't receive any reliable positve news for all of the desperate applicants since the change on 23 Sep 2009. We pay for them-DIAC for their happly holiday however we get nothing in return. The so-called 'People Our Business' has proven to be a deceving and unfair business.

Guest bilaln30
Wow, one of the most hardest Chrimas coming soon yet we haven't receive any reliable positve news for all of the desperate applicants since the change on 23 Sep 2009. We pay for them-DIAC for their happly holiday however we get nothing in return. The so-called 'People Our Business' has proven to be a deceving and unfair business.

I agree with you fully. Any new news from anyone?????????

I see we're not the only ones who can't believe we're gonna be here for another Christmas!! Just hoping they start to clear the SS (including trades!!!) and share the news before Christmas to give us SOME good news?? (Unlikely I'm thinking) Have you checked out the other thread regarding the lastest information about processing some Category 5?

Regards

Hi there,

As are many, I am extremely confused and frustrated with DAIC. We have just applied for a SS from SA, waiting patiently for a good result. We are not on the CSL, my partner is 45 next June so we need to get our finger out and apply to DIAC as soon as we hear about the SS.

Is there any point for us to apply seeing as they will not be processing applications in the next year or so, or do they allow applications which have been received before his birthday. Do they acknowledge the application at least?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sam

hi Sam

I think the general advice being given is get your application in asap. My o/h was 45 this year and we had to get the app in before his 45th birthday. We are now in for a very long wait but at least we are in with a chance.

Jules

Hi there,

As are many, I am extremely confused and frustrated with DAIC. We have just applied for a SS from SA, waiting patiently for a good result. We are not on the CSL, my partner is 45 next June so we need to get our finger out and apply to DIAC as soon as we hear about the SS.

Is there any point for us to apply seeing as they will not be processing applications in the next year or so, or do they allow applications which have been received before his birthday. Do they acknowledge the application at least?

Sam

Guest floater

Hi sam

They will acknowledge the application, if it's online normally the next day, make sure you apply before your OH is 45, it's up to DIAC how long they take after that, but you will have applied before the age cutoff.

Richie

On the treadmill since Aug 08.

Hi there,

Sam

Hi, my OH was 45 in Aug this year and we got our visa in on 7 July as long as the visa app has been lodged before 45 then you are ok.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Pawan2327

hi there its first time i m using this,so plz ignore if nythng wrong

i came to melbourne australia on 2/07/2007 as an automotive student,but i have done 4yr mechanical enginnering(toolmaker) from india which is eligible for gsm visa.

so i have got my tra done 11/03/2008 and with 1year proven tax experience from melbourne as well, i have lodged application on 05/08/2008 as independent skills 175 class.

so till now i didnt heard anything as my mates got visas 6 months before coz they apllied sponsor 176 with everything same.my australian studies are finished as motor mechanic,as my student visa was only for 2 years so now i have increased that to 1 more year doing business management which is gonna expire by 09/2010.

my agent applied for w.a sponsorship as paper but lost all record of that as well as of s.a. which is 4-5 months before.how i can track these ones? is it beneficial applying again for both?

now i am suffering a lot paying tution fees and studying and working.deep ****.

plz suggest me what best can be done ?

what if nithing happens till september should i go back or increase visa again ?

how this gonna solve i am in aus from 3 years but still student and suffering plz plz help me out ..:cry::cry:

thanks.

Archived