New Changes to STATE SPONSORED MIGRATION

Guest highlander

Guest highlander

Just got latest information that From 23 September 2009:arghh: Yes !! it applies to all new applications and the ones in the pipeline....

Source: What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

"All GSM applications, other than a Subclass 476, 883 and 887 are subject to the priority processing arrangements under the Minister’s Direction. Applicants who are nominated by a State or Territory and have nominated an occupation on the CSL receive the second highest priority. Applicants who are nominated by a State/Territory and have not nominated an occupation on the CSL will receive lower priority. "

New Ministerial Direction, the following processing priorities (with highest priority listed

first) apply:

1. applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS

2. applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government and

whose nominated occupation is listed on the Critical Skills List (CSL)

3. applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose nominated

occupation is listed on the CSL

4. applications from people who are neither nominated nor sponsored but whose

nominated occupation is listed on the CSL

5. applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government whose

nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL

6. (i) applications from people whose occupations are listed on the Migration Occupations

in Demand List (MODL)

and

(ii) applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose nominated

occupation is not listed on the CSL.

7. all other applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest proud2beaussie

Nothing really surprising here IMO,the government announced in the budget that they would be giving priority to ENS and RSMS visas and that the skilled migration program would be moving away from skilled independent visas,this appears to be how they are putting that policy into effect.

I was interested in the answer to Question 11 on the FAQ's page though.

Q11 My application does not fall into one of the priority categories. When can I expect

to have my application finalised?

If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM

visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa

will be finalised before the end of 2012.

If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you applied for an onshore GSM visa or

intend to apply for an onshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be

finalised before the end of 2011.

I have never actually seen DIAC announce a date that non CSL applications will be processed by before now.

Guest guest17301

Good news for us..I never realised how limited the CSL actually was...I don't think the priority processing apples to state sponsorship processing itself though? So still a lengthy wait for that. Just missed the new charges too...phew...

Seems that emigration to Australia is getting a lot more difficult. Sorry for all those affected negatively.

Guest proud2beaussie
Good news for us..I never realised how limited the CSL actually was...I don't think the priority processing apples to state sponsorship processing itself though? So still a lengthy wait for that. Just missed the new charges too...phew...

Seems that emigration to Australia is getting a lot more difficult. Sorry for all those affected negatively.

I would think that you are correct Fiona,DIAC only have control over the actual visa issue itself from my knowledge so I would assume (not sure) that the states have most control over the length of time it takes for SS to be issued.

I agree that it seems that migrating to Australia is going to be a bit harder which is a shame for those affected.

Guest highlander

DIMIA skill migration policy is getting tough in last 10 months!! In a year time, we may hear Minister Changes to MODL as well.

MODL list may arise as a simple lean list with few selected occupations on it, very much alike CSL. For sure it will eliminate few thousands of new skilled immigrants (already happening with new priority)

I can see.. Australia is following US VISA path where applicant are mauled for good 5 -10 years before granted legit VISA.. Not happy with DIMIA Minister directions as they been changing after 4-5 months averagely… not sure how many ppl missing out on each direction..

Simply not funny to play with ppl’s life

Guest jilkfree1978

we have applied for 475 visa which is in order 5 of the priority processing list and our occupation is not on the csl list and my wife called diac 2 weeks ago and they said we should hopefully have a case officer in 2 to 4 weeks. and that our visa was in the processing area! also on the check visa website it says medicals finalised!

i dont know if this will affect us or not? any ideas? or maybe we have to wait up to a year and we will have to do our medicals again?

Guest highlander

Hi

jilkfree1978,

I hope you are ok but from today The following GSM visas are affected by priority processing:

1. Skill Matching Subclass 134
  2. Skilled – Independent Subclass 136
  3. Skilled – State/Territory-nominated Independent Subclass 137
  4. Skilled – Australian-sponsored Subclass 138
  5. Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored Subclass 139
  6. Skilled – Independent Subclass 175
  7. Skilled – Independent Subclass 176
  8. Skilled – Regional Sponsored Subclass 475
  9. Skilled – Graduate Subclass 485
  10. Skilled – Regional Sponsored Subclass 487
  11. Skilled – Independent Regional Subclass 495
  12. Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) Subclass 496
  13. Graduate – Skilled Subclass 497
  14. Skilled – Onshore Independent New Zealand Citizen Subclass 861
  15. Skilled – Onshore Australian-sponsored New Zealand Citizen Subclass 862
  16. Skilled – Onshore Designated Area-sponsored New Zealand Citizen Subclass 863
  17. Skilled – Independent Overseas Student Subclass 880
  18. Skilled – Australian-sponsored Subclass 881
  19. Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored Overseas Student Subclass 882
  20. Skilled – Independent Subclass 885
  21. Skilled – Sponsored Subclass 886

Guest jilkfree1978

we are still number 5. on the list for priority processing better than some.just have to wait! then they will probably change it again!

we have applied for 475 visa which is in order 5 of the priority processing list and our occupation is not on the csl list and my wife called diac 2 weeks ago and they said we should hopefully have a case officer in 2 to 4 weeks. and that our visa was in the processing area! also on the check visa website it says medicals finalised!

i dont know if this will affect us or not? any ideas? or maybe we have to wait up to a year and we will have to do our medicals again?

hey jilkfree,

can u post me ur timelines? i am a relative sponsored 475 subclass nov 08 non csl non modl applicant.

Guest highlander

Hi jilkfree1978

I think 475 comes under Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) , if is true then you are laughing..& soon get magic email from CO!!!:cute:

Guest jilkfree1978

we submitted our 475 visa august 22nd 2009! ours is state sponsorship i dont think timeline means anything anymore! its all changed!!

so close but now so far!!!

actually i wouldnt even believe what they say now! they might change it again in 6 months or more and have to wait longer and longer!!

hey jilkfree,

can u post me ur timelines? i am a relative sponsored 475 subclass nov 08 non csl non modl applicant.

Guest highlander
we submitted our 475 visa august 22nd 2009! ours is state sponsorship i dont think timeline means anything anymore! its all changed!!

so close but now so far!!!

actually i wouldnt even believe what they say now! they might change it again in 6 months or more and have to wait longer and longer!!

Hi Jilkfree,

You may have dodged a bullet as 457 SS is on high priority. They want ppl to move in regional Australia..

Guest jilkfree1978

ours is SRS skilled regional sponsred! 475! not a 457

it is number 5 on priority processing list because not on csl!

it says our medicals are finalised on diac website!

we will probably have to do our medicals again,after 1 year!

Hi Jilkfree,

You may have dodged a bullet as 457 SS is on high priority. They want ppl to move in regional Australia..

Guest tomsinoz

Hi

I am applying For state sponsorship as a brickie TRA should come back any day now myself and my Australian Partner are moving back to the uk from perth while the SS is being processed. will these new rules directly effect me? Would it be a good idea to look at getting a defacto visa as we will be living together for over 12 months while the State sponsorship is going through?? AS they are now saying these visa's could take a few years to go through.

If someone could shed a bit of light on it :smile:

Guest jilkfree1978

its says on diac check application!

Health Requirements have been finalised - application being processed further.

but i dont think this means anything now new priority processing does it?

Guest highlander
its says on diac check application!

Health Requirements have been finalised - application being processed further.

but i dont think this means anything now new priority processing does it?

Iam sorry to hear that, if you are one the unluckiest, because of these new silly directions. But Stay Positive though as you never know that you are in business in few weeks time.:cute:

Guest highlander
Hi

I am applying For state sponsorship as a brickie TRA should come back any day now myself and my Australian Partner are moving back to the uk from perth while the SS is being processed. will these new rules directly effect me? Would it be a good idea to look at getting a defacto visa as we will be living together for over 12 months while the State sponsorship is going through?? AS they are now saying these visa's could take a few years to go through.

If someone could shed a bit of light on it :smile:

Hi Tom,

As far you got SS and you are on CSl... you are important as Minister of DIMIA my friend..:wink:. not sure about defacto VISA dude.. good luck

Hi

I was Just planning to get a State Sponsorship, but pointless now. DIAC says "If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL your application will not be prioritized." This means even if you have a SS it is unlikely to get the visa before 2012. Isn't it ?

Effect will be CSL applicants will get a fast processing as previously non CSL SS applicants were dominating the proceedings.

Now RRRRealy fedup with things happening at the moment. I'm on MODLs/ 2009 January.

Good Luck Guys.

Guest highlander
Hi

I was Just planning to get a State Sponsorship, but pointless now. DIAC says "If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL your application will not be prioritized." This means even if you have a SS it is unlikely to get the visa before 2012. Isn't it ?

Effect will be CSL applicants will get a fast processing as previously non CSL SS applicants were dominating the proceedings.

Now RRRRealy fedup with things happening at the moment. I'm on MODLs/ 2009 January.

Good Luck Guys.

Hi rgrangana,

Still SS without being on CSL is better than MODL as it stands 5th in priority.. but you got the point.. hmmm next move seems like choping down occupations from MODL.. This is crazy stuff going on... Good Luck man..

just copied this from the website order of processing:

nder the Ministerial Direction, the following processing priorities (with highest priority listed

first) apply:

1. applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS

2. applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government and

whose nominated occupation is listed on the Critical Skills List (CSL)

3. applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose nominated

occupation is listed on the CSL

4. applications from people who are neither nominated nor sponsored but whose

nominated occupation is listed on the CSL

September 2009 1 of 6

5. applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government whose

nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL

6. (i) applications from people whose occupations are listed on the Migration Occupations

in Demand List (MODL)

and

(ii) applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose nominated

occupation is not listed on the CSL.

7. all other applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received.

Guest tomsinoz

Cool I'm hoping if i lodge it in the next few weeks then my SS will go through in roughly the 6 months timeframe! or i'm being a bit naive?? at least we can go down the defacto visa route if required! I'm guessing im in not such a bad position :)

Guest highlander
Cool I'm hoping if i lodge it in the next few weeks then my SS will go through in roughly the 6 months timeframe! or i'm being a bit naive?? at least we can go down the defacto visa route if required! I'm guessing im in not such a bad position :)

Hi Tom,

You are right here as application are delayed and backlogged with States due to large demand. it totally on each State how they are handling.. I applied my to Victoria and got in with 3 weeks.. mind you my trade is in Victoria Demand list.. Make sure you got your Skill assesment and CV ready, as it will reduce time.

Best of luck.

Archived