New Changes to STATE SPONSORED MIGRATION

Guest highlander

Tell me about it. I am all thought out, goggle eyed cause of computor!!!

To rub salt in the wound, had e mail off agent this morning to say wa have granted our sponsorship. Before yesterday I would have been screaming the news from the rooftop!!!!! Aint even phoned my oh yet!!

Oh well breakfast calling

I know how you feel but congratultions you are one step.....

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

Perhaps you are right in thinking that if all efforts are focused on processing CSL's then they'll get thru them in no time, then end of Oct/Nov they will review the MODL, remove the CSL, and introduce a FSL.

Who knows!

But what is madness, is that people with case officers, where they have already taken some time going through the application....Dont just get granted.....:idea:

It doesnt make any sense.....:no:

Tell me about it. I am all thought out, goggle eyed cause of computor!!!

To rub salt in the wound, had e mail off agent this morning to say wa have granted our sponsorship. Before yesterday I would have been screaming the news from the rooftop!!!!! Aint even phoned my oh yet!!

Oh well breakfast calling

Cassy

congratulations you are now priority 5 unless you are on CSL these changes seem crazy the States want you but Evans says no wait !

Good luck

WJK

But what is madness, is that people with case officers, where they have already taken some time going through the application....Dont just get granted.....:idea:

It doesnt make any sense.....

Kelly

Seems to me Evans has been getting some pressure over his immigration policy’s

And this is a rushed ill thought out directive

As previous posts have said it will be good to read the details behind this regulation

I think his opposition will give him a hard time in October

:no:

WJK

Guest mikka711
Well my agent sent me an email late last nite, in which she said:

Applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government whose nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL (Estimated Processing Time 3-4 Months)

I am praying that this is the case.....:notworthy:

ooh Kelly thank you for that candle of hope - just cancelled our meds, guess I was fortunate enough to be in a position to do so...

Best of luck everyone and keep the faith:hug:

Hi Gill

Your comments; ...

I would be lobbying the Shadow Minister and the Commonwealth Ombudsman as well. I would be going in hard on the question of wasted costs and wasted time & effort by the applicants concerned. If I were an applicant, I would complain to all three.

I totally agree that all us applicant should write to these people and highlight our angers and concerns at the way we have been treated.

You are a mind of information and wondered if you know where we can find the contact details for these people we should be writing to to complain as I for one would like to get a few things off my chest to them and hope that others will follow too.

They have to stop being able to treat people in this manner and if we dont complain they will just continue to work in this way.

Thanks for any information.

Tasha

Cassy

congratulations you are now priority 5 unless you are on CSL these changes seem crazy the States want you but Evans says no wait !

Good luck

WJK

Thanks. You're right not on csl so prority 5. And yes it should be up to the state.

Hi Gill

Your comments; ...

I would be lobbying the Shadow Minister and the Commonwealth Ombudsman as well. I would be going in hard on the question of wasted costs and wasted time & effort by the applicants concerned. If I were an applicant, I would complain to all three.

I totally agree that all us applicant should write to these people and highlight our angers and concerns at the way we have been treated.

You are a mind of information and wondered if you know where we can find the contact details for these people we should be writing to to complain as I for one would like to get a few things off my chest to them and hope that others will follow too.

They have to stop being able to treat people in this manner and if we dont complain they will just continue to work in this way.

Tasha

Tasha

these are the details of the man who has upset so many families

thanks

WJK

Address:

Senator Chris Evans

Minister for Immigration and Citizenship

Parliament House

Canberra ACT 2600

Telephone: 02 6277 7860

Fax: 02 6273 4144

Email: minister@immi.gov.au

Guest Impatient
To rub salt in the wound, had e mail off agent this morning to say wa have granted our sponsorship. Before yesterday I would have been screaming the news from the rooftop!!!!!

lol, I must admit I have not checked the SA SS tracker with any enthusiasm. Part of me would not care if they said no at the moment...

Hi Gill

Your comments; ...

Tasha

Tasha

Sharman Stone MP,

Shadow Minister for Immigration and Citizenship

s.stone.mp@aph.gov.au

Address

426 Wyndham Street, SHEPPARTON VIC 3632

Phone

03 5821 5371

Fax

03 5821 8429

Thanks

WJK

Tasha,

Remember that the Minister is responsible to the Australian people, many of whom would endorse a policy of restricting migration to Australia given presently aired concerns over the impact of migration on the environment of Australia, the need to protect the interests of "working Australians", etc - I read this and hear it on the radio pretty much every day.

So, recognising that changes such as this have a political dimension any action that you and others might take should (I suggest) be channelled through political opponents (eg the Shadow Minister), providing them with information that will rebut the perhaps inevitable retort from the incumbent Minister that they are betraying the environment, the interests of the Australian people, etc.

Consider also writing to the newspapers (eg The Australian, The Age of Melbourne) and contacting the ABC - there may be mileage if you can get across the message of how you have spent '000s of $'s applying for your visa in good faith, arranging medicals, etc only for the Australian Minister to destroy the hopes of many and the reputation of Australia with an ill considered change of policy.

The likes of Jon Faine on ABC Melbourne might be interested:

Victoria: Melbourne: Mornings

He may even then get the Minister to respond - Jon Faine often has Ministers (Federal and State) on the radio, and he is a lawyer, so should grasp the issues pretty quickly.

Others who live in other State capitals may have other suggestions as to suitable media outlets.

Also, the VIC Premier is in London next month, and the Leader of the Federal opposition is also in the UK at the moment I believe.

Good luck to all, at a difficult time.

I think that unless all those affected by these changes join forces and send letters of complaint things will get even worse and a lot of people will continue to loose money without getting a visa in the end. If the Minster wants to sreamline the number of visa applications they should only accept a certain number of applications per financial year...but then from where they will make money from???? I think it is unfair for DIAC to refuse a refund to those who decide to withdraw their application... like it is not enough that we may get to Australia but also have wasted our time and money which the Minister does not seem to care about. Unless people take attitude the Minister will continue to mess with our lives and money. I suggest that we issue a new tread and think of a way we can put our point of view accross. The whole process has become unfair and illegal and DIAC should become more accountable towards the people who pay lots of money for their visas.

To Alan and WJK...

I have only just finished reading this thread now from start to finish and its taken me all morning!!! My head is spinning now!

Thanks for the info provided. I for one shall certainly write to these people and thanks for the extra pointers Alan.

I do fully agree that the government should look after their own people and protect them at time where there is a threat with the world economy.

My main concern is the way they can allow the DIAC to take our money after suggesting we are eligible to gain entry to their country and take that away from us without any prior notice. I do feel that they should honour the people who they have taken money from, rather than keep moving the goal posts and not allowing us to reach our dreams. I know eventually everyones application will be looked at but who can say if people will be in a position to fulfil their dreams after such a long wait, when at the beginning of the process were informed of a shorter timescale.

I hope that others will follow in contacting these relevant people and express their views and opinions. If we dont kick up a stink now then this will just get washed over and they will be allowed to continue in this terrible manner. We all know that this is not the first time they have done this to us.

Thanks Tasha

Guest Impatient

Have just emailled the Shadow Minister, specifically about those people already in the system that will be financially disadvantaged by the decision, suggesting that a nation famous for giving people a 'fair go' could perhaps push through those applications for which COs had already instructed applicants to spend money on Meds etc. Clearly also mentioned the damaged reputation of the Department, the loss of trust in what it is doing...

Will get nowhere, but feel better for doing so. lol, guess I am def not going to get in now!

Guest jilkfree1978

i think maybe we should tell the newspapers in england,they would like to hear how the people in england have been treated!!

Tasha,

Remember that the Minister is responsible to the Australian people, many of whom would endorse a policy of restricting migration to Australia given presently aired concerns over the impact of migration on the environment of Australia, the need to protect the interests of "working Australians", etc - I read this and hear it on the radio pretty much every day.

So, recognising that changes such as this have a political dimension any action that you and others might take should (I suggest) be channelled through political opponents (eg the Shadow Minister), providing them with information that will rebut the perhaps inevitable retort from the incumbent Minister that they are betraying the environment, the interests of the Australian people, etc.

Consider also writing to the newspapers (eg The Australian, The Age of Melbourne) and contacting the ABC - there may be mileage if you can get across the message of how you have spent '000s of $'s applying for your visa in good faith, arranging medicals, etc only for the Australian Minister to destroy the hopes of many and the reputation of Australia with an ill considered change of policy.

The likes of Jon Faine on ABC Melbourne might be interested:

Victoria: Melbourne: Mornings

He may even then get the Minister to respond - Jon Faine often has Ministers (Federal and State) on the radio, and he is a lawyer, so should grasp the issues pretty quickly.

Others who live in other State capitals may have other suggestions as to suitable media outlets.

Also, the VIC Premier is in London next month, and the Leader of the Federal opposition is also in the UK at the moment I believe.

Good luck to all, at a difficult time.

i think maybe we should tell the newspapers in england,they would like to hear how the people in england have been treated!!

Maybe - but in my view it would be pointless. Better to focus on the Australian media where you might have some impact.

Make the Minister realise that changes such as this will not be meekly accepted without there being a consequence!

Best regards.

Guest June Pixie

I’ve been thinking about this and what I really cannot get my head around is the fact that the DIAC were still taking credit card payments for lodgement fees up until the last minute. £1300 give or take a few hundred (what does it matter now) is not a small amount to just basically give away. I’m furious that I have wasted this money in effect. I don’t even want to go to Australia now that we cannot go next year. Like Impatient mentions certain wheels had to be set in motion, albeit with a ‘certain’ level of flexibility, to manoeuvre lives towards an impending leave date. This has been totally cocked up now as no where in that level of flexibility did we bank on up to a possible 3 year wait.

Australia was a possibility to experience and live in a new country – I will still be experiencing that as next year we have decided to do what we should have done all along and live in Germany. When we get our CO in 2012 or whenever the deign to offer us one, we may or may not progress with the visa process, meds and police checks and go over to validate and decide from there. Quite possibly the life I know Germany can offer us will make it extremely hard to make any move at that date – And let that be Australia’s loss. I for one am not going to put my life on hold for any minister to again decide that they need to poach the UK’s qualified workforce to prop up their own failing one. I know this is a government issue and by no means do I mean to offend anyone but it’s hard to comprehend the thinking that they believe Australia is ‘all that’. Seemingly nothing has changed since the First Fleet sailed into an Antipode vastness of nothingness.

I wouldn’t lower myself to lobby anyone – Australia can have their $2300 from me and stick it!

This could make the funniest series of "Wanted Down Under" ever!?!?

Imagine the familly all voting "AUSTRALIA" and the minister walking on set and ripping up the flags, pushing the little girl over and kicking hubby in the plums...

That about sums it up I think?

Hang on there, this is nonsense of the highest order.

Guest Lindseyf

Ok I took some advice of this forum and as I can't think of anything else constructive that I can do I contacted the press, they are going to have alook at the forum and dig deeper into the story, quite possibly they will be posting on here to try and get their story together, I know it may not help but all we can do is try something!!!

Ok I took some advice of this forum and as I can't think of anything else constructive that I can do I contacted the press, they are going to have alook at the forum and dig deeper into the story, quite possibly they will be posting on here to try and get their story together, I know it may not help but all we can do is try something!!!

I think the press have already started a thread on here not sure if its the people you have contacted but i have just read the thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/69466-how-have-changes-skilled-visas-affected-you.html

This is all a nightmare and we are all going thru it, i was in tears yesterday then got my head together....and thought well it will happen when its ready !!

Good luck guys xx

Guest Bill_er_Bong

Hello folks…

So we all agree the big loosers from yesterday’s changes are those with State Sponsorship but not on the CSL… as they have moved from 2nd place to 5th place in priority.

I am beginning to doubt however that someone with ‘SS non CSL’ (like me!), currently in position [5] will really have to wait 3 years for a visa grant…. That would put them in the same category as someone in position [7].

Here’s my thinking…

Ok, so if I remember this right, the old priority processing went like this:

• Employer sponsored
  • State Sponsored
  • CSL
  • MODL
  • Anything other

And now it is…

1. Employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS

2. Nominated by a State/Territory government and on the Critical Skills List (CSL)

3. Sponsored by family and on the CSL

4. Neither nominated nor sponsored but on the CSL

5. Nominated by a State/Territory government not listed on the CSL

6. (i) MODL and (ii) Sponsored by family not listed on the CSL.

7. All other applications.

So, if we lump all the CSL applications together (in red) essentially in a simplified version it is:

• Employer sponsored
  • Any CSL (including the sub divisions)
  • State Sponsored
  • MODL / Family sponsored
  • Anything other

So in essence, all they have done to the original list valid prior to 23rd September, is swap around State Sponsored & CSL, and sub-divide the CSL applicants to make the list look longer.

Now previously, on the old list, positions 1,2 & 3 (Employer, SS, CSL) were all priority and you could expect a visa grant within a year… so what’s the difference now really? If you look at the new list in my simplified version, State Sponsored is still in the top 3 and should therefore be priority in practical terms… I mean the number of CSLers hasn’t suddenly shot up in the last few months has it? If anything it should have gone down since March… unless Chris Evans is going to drastically reduce the migrant intake across the board, I really can’t see why a ‘SS non CSL’ applicant should have to wait 3 years! (I hope!!!)

And what about the other implications… for the states. I mean take WA’s sponsored occupations list (WAOIDL)… it is very lengthy and ram packed full of tradies – of whom there are hardly any on the CSL. This new directive basically says if you aren’t Employer Sponsored or CSL then you aint even being looked at for 3 years. So a tradie who wants to migrate to WA and gets sponsorship from them as they are in demand there – wont even be able to go there for 3 – 4 years. Madness. It doesn’t make sense. And if that’s the way it really will go, then Mr Evans and his department are going to destroy the likes of WA’s sponsored migration program.

Any thoughts?

All the best…

BB

Hello folks…

So we all agree the big loosers from yesterday’s changes are those with State Sponsorship but not on the CSL… as they have moved from 2nd place to 5th place in priority.

I am beginning to doubt however that someone with ‘SS non CSL’ (like me!), currently in position [5] will really have to wait 3 years for a visa grant…. That would put them in the same category as someone in position [7].

Here’s my thinking…

Ok, so if I remember this right, the old priority processing went like this:

• Employer sponsored

• State Sponsored

• CSL

• MODL

• Anything other

And now it is…

1. Employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS

2. Nominated by a State/Territory government and on the Critical Skills List (CSL)

3. Sponsored by family and on the CSL

4. Neither nominated nor sponsored but on the CSL

5. Nominated by a State/Territory government not listed on the CSL

6. (i) MODL and (ii) Sponsored by family not listed on the CSL.

7. All other applications.

So, if we lump all the CSL applications together (in red) essentially in a simplified version it is:

• Employer sponsored

• Any CSL (including the sub divisions)

• State Sponsored

• MODL / Family sponsored

• Anything other

So in essence, all they have done to the original list valid prior to 23rd September, is swap around State Sponsored & CSL, and sub-divide the CSL applicants to make the list look longer.

Now previously, on the old list, positions 1,2 & 3 (Employer, SS, CSL) were all priority and you could expect a visa grant within a year… so what’s the difference now really? If you look at the new list in my simplified version, State Sponsored is still in the top 3 and should therefore be priority in practical terms… I mean the number of CSLers hasn’t suddenly shot up in the last few months has it? If anything it should have gone down since March… unless Chris Evans is going to drastically reduce the migrant intake across the board, I really can’t see why a ‘SS non CSL’ applicant should have to wait 3 years! (I hope!!!)

And what about the other implications… for the states. I mean take WA’s sponsored occupations list (WAOIDL)… it is very lengthy and ram packed full of tradies – of whom there are hardly any on the CSL. This new directive basically says if you aren’t Employer Sponsored or CSL then you aint even being looked at for 3 years. So a tradie who wants to migrate to WA and gets sponsorship from them as they are in demand there – wont even be able to go there for 3 – 4 years. Madness. It doesn’t make sense. And if that’s the way it really will go, then Mr Evans and his department are going to destroy the likes of WA’s sponsored migration program.

Any thoughts?

All the best…

BB

Just wanted to say what a fantastic post... You have just put into words everything that i was thinking, well done !

Am just hoping that each state will have their own csl soon.

My OH electrician and is in demand in WA, especially with new mines etc.

So surely we wont have to wait couple more years for visa ?

Roll on new announcement with " future skills list ".

Hopefully it will be a bit kinder to some of us on SS with no csl.

So

Yes BB , Im lucky to have visa already but I share your thinking. I really cant see states giving out SS to people knowing it will then be a 2-3 yr wait b4 they will arrive in Oz. How will each state even plan what trades they will need that far in advance ? I wonder if DIAC are being over pessimistic with the dates offered and maybe want people to withdraw or apply later ?

Archived