New Changes to STATE SPONSORED MIGRATION

Guest highlander

Hi

My oh has just finished his bricklaying cert 111 at tafe and we are just about to apply for a skilled graduate subclass 485, does it mean we're unlikely to have the graduate visa finalised before the end of 2011? I'm confused!!:nah:

Hi

jilkfree1978,

I hope you are ok but from today The following GSM visas are affected by priority processing:

1. Skill Matching Subclass 134
  2. Skilled – Independent Subclass 136
  3. Skilled – State/Territory-nominated Independent Subclass 137
  4. Skilled – Australian-sponsored Subclass 138
  5. Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored Subclass 139
  6. Skilled – Independent Subclass 175
  7. Skilled – Independent Subclass 176
  8. Skilled – Regional Sponsored Subclass 475
  9. Skilled – Graduate Subclass 485
  10. Skilled – Regional Sponsored Subclass 487
  11. Skilled – Independent Regional Subclass 495
  12. Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) Subclass 496
  13. Graduate – Skilled Subclass 497
  14. Skilled – Onshore Independent New Zealand Citizen Subclass 861
  15. Skilled – Onshore Australian-sponsored New Zealand Citizen Subclass 862
  16. Skilled – Onshore Designated Area-sponsored New Zealand Citizen Subclass 863
  17. Skilled – Independent Overseas Student Subclass 880
  18. Skilled – Australian-sponsored Subclass 881
  19. Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored Overseas Student Subclass 882
  20. Skilled – Independent Subclass 885
  21. Skilled – Sponsored Subclass 886

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Impatient
I have never actually seen DIAC announce a date that non CSL applications will be processed by before now.

Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger. How many times do I have to swear to get banned from here?

Fair to say that this has just ruined my day. As a 475 applicant, non-CSL who was looking to move next summer, we are now talking another 2.5 years without any stability for the monsters, a home of our own, a plan for the future. Been on here since 2006, but maybe enough is enough. Thanks Australia, but will have to think long and hard about what we do now...

Guest tomsinoz

Yeah nice one TRA has been in 4 weeks so should come back any day now so i can lodge SS through my agent im number 5 priority now as a brickie in WA...6 months in the uk... great timing COLD!!

Guest highlander
Yeah nice one TRA has been in 4 weeks so should come back any day now so i can lodge SS through my agent im number 5 priority now as a brickie in WA...6 months in the uk... great timing COLD!!

You are looking in Good hands.. The earlier SS is better for you.. please consult with your agent as he may able to chip in handy Info.. you right WA still loves Brickies... Gosh.. why Brickies are not in CSL.. As there is so much work due to recent big $$ 30K grants to first home buyers in Australia.Its a building boom every where. Esp doesn't make sense when Builders looking for Brickies ASAP...

take it Easy man and stay positive as Immigration in Aus is not end of world.. TC :laugh:

Guest jilkfree1978

you are the same as us 475 non csl! but we are still 5th place for priority processing!

we applied 22nd august 2009!

just hope it doesnt take so long!

who knows what time line is now!!

Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger. How many times do I have to swear to get banned from here?

Fair to say that this has just ruined my day. As a 475 applicant, non-CSL who was looking to move next summer, we are now talking another 2.5 years without any stability for the monsters, a home of our own, a plan for the future. Been on here since 2006, but maybe enough is enough. Thanks Australia, but will have to think long and hard about what we do now...

Guest tomsinoz
You are looking in Good hands.. The earlier SS is better for you.. please consult with your agent as he may able to chip in handy Info.. you right WA still loves Brickies... Gosh.. why Brickies are not in CSL.. As there is so much work due to recent big $$ 30K grants to first home buyers in Australia.Its a building boom every where. Esp doesn't make sense when Builders looking for Brickies ASAP...

take it Easy man and stay positive as Immigration in Aus is not end of world.. TC :laugh:

Ha yeah i know pretty weird how its booming especially with the gas projects soon to be....should be cool anyway my agents very good. thinking positive only way forward aussie mentallity has rubbed off on me:biggrin:

After completing the medical and pcc,the diac notice a new rules it is fed up everyone.But my catagory is 5th position how long the visa proceesing procedure becaz the medical validity only for one year.i have completed medical 5th may 09.

Ritu

I may be missing something, but what is the purpose of this further subdivision of skilled visa processing?

It all smacks of unnecessary political intervention - which I dare say we shall see more of in the lead up to the Federal election (due at the end of next year, but maybe sooner given the way the Government is angling towards a double dissolution - see commentary on the carbon emissions trading echeme, etc).

As ever, for those that can, lodge applications early (I see more tightening of the skilled program over the next 12 to 24 months), and then sit back and enjoy the ride!

Best regards.

Guest proud2beaussie

My advice is not to panic at this stage because DIAC actually says two things that are conflicting,on one hand they say that (Question 12 on the FAQ's) any occupation not on CSL will not receive priority yet at

Question 8 they say " Occupations not listed on the CSL will not be given processing priority unless applicants are formally sponsored by an employer under ENS or RSMS'

My advice to you IMPATIENT is to send a PM to someone like Alan Collett or George Lombard or Gill.

I really don't think you should do anything hasty.

Hope it all works out for you sooner rather than later.

Its not lucky for me to change priority processing anyway.

Does anybody know processing time according to new list like

10 days, 15 days, 1 months, 3 month according to priority. Because DIMA did not mention anything regarding that.

They have said if ur occupation is on CSL, and u r applying without Sposnorship ur case will be finalised with in 12 months from the date of lodgement that means It will take lot more time than 12 months if somebody is going to apply according No. 5 priority processing ( State Sponsorship, occupation not on CSL ). I think it will apply to all who want to change from 175 to 176 and they r in middle of it.

Because before it used to be 15 days for case officer appontment now it will be lot lot lot lot more.

I cannot beleive this we were weeks away from the grants last time and we were taken off the CSL so went down to the bottom of the pile so went through all the stress hassle and cost and went for ss now we have everything exept a stupid court order that is so unessecary and we are again taken off and put at the bottom, and no doubt that will meen that when the MODL changes in January OH will be taken off again and thats it we are off goodbye Australia, No house no pets and thousands of pounds wasted!:arghh:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

Highlander - thanks very much for starting this thread. I've made it sticky because it is a massively important topic.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-priority-processing.pdf

Going through the FAQ sheet above, I note the following:

Q8: If the occupation is not on the CSL then for fast-tracking the applicant will now need an employer-sponsor. Many applicants will find it easier to secure employer sponsorship in the Regions than in the State capitals. The Regions might well include "rural or remote" parts of Australia.

If an employer-sponsor can be found, DIAC will allow one to switch to an ENS or RSMS visa without charging an additional fee. The provision to this effect is on the DIAC website somewhere but I can't find it at present.

Q9: It seems likely that some people will find that they have spent a lot of money on meds in anticipation of swift end-stage processing of their applications but that this new change may result in those applicants having to have their meds done again.

The proper person to complain to about losses of this type is the Commonwealth Ombudsman out in Australia.

Ombudsman, Australia - Complaints

The Ombudsman expressed concern when this happened on 16th March 2009 due to the Minister's sudden announcement that he had altered the CSL without prior warning to a soul. A lot of applicants complained to the Ombudsman at the time and I understand that the Ombudsman is investigating.

The ASPC have confirmed that no money has been set aside to compensate vsa applicants who are being monstrously mucked about by the present Minister for Immigration and his evident inability to make a plan and then stick to it for a reasonable period of time, plus his fondness for making overnight changes without any prior warning to a soul. Where visa applicants have acted in good faith on the instructions of the Department for Immigration, that Department must start treating those applicants with honesty, decency, fairness and transparency.

The Minister did not hit upon his latest shift in the goalposts during a ten minute meeting yesterday.

He owes the Australian public better than this because it affects Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents who are eagerly awaiting the arrival of loved ones.

It affects Australian employers who would not be able to sponsor skilled workers even if they wanted to because their businesses are not large enough and so forth. The new migrant is often the person who will join a small Aussie company and will put his own back into creating success for the company concerned. State sponsorship offered a way for some of these small Aussie businesses to get non-CSL migrants out to Australia quickly. DIAC have not thought this aspect through properly.

I would suggest that affected relatives and employers in Australia should make their own complaints to the Ombudsman about the effects which the Minister's latest move will have on their own lives.

The man is now going beyond the realms of what is good for his country in my opinion. Applicants are getting so fed up with this Minister shifting the goal posts on them that it is beginning to make people feel that Australia imagines it can play fast & loose with the citizens of other countries. A lot of people like mining engineers and medics won't put up with it. They are in demand all over the world, they know it and many of them will decide to leave the Aussies to stew on their own if they think they can muck other people around whenever and as often as they wish.

Q11: I think this idea is going to cause immense problems for Australia, both onshore and offshore. I think the timescales are too long and also it is not clear what they mean by "the end of yyyy." Do they mean the calendar year or the Australian Financial Year?

These lengthy timescales will mean that dependent children who are in their late teens or early 20s now will have to be excluded from obtaining visas at the same time as other members of their families and they will have to obtain different visas. Some of them will become eligible for Remaining Relative visas but not all of them will.

Remaining Relative Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 115)

Working Holiday Visas will be another short term stop gap for some affected families:

Visa Options - Working Holiday - Visas & Immigration

Student visas will be another possibility although it will be tricky and precarious if the timescales continue to blow out:

Students - Visas & Immigration

Families who will be significantly disadvantaged by the Minister's latest announcement will need to think very carefully about whether the costs and uncertainties of Student visas are likely to prove to be worth it in the end. Affected families should start keeping a close eye on developments with the Student visa program from now on, I suggest.

Dealing with the wider implications of all this, I think migration agents may well see a significant drop in the numbers of new instructions in the coming months. Agents who are in Australia will probably be OK - there should be plenty of work for them in sorting out the hassles which are likely to arise for workers and others who are already in Oz.

However several firms of agents have no onshore involvement and one would not instruct an agent in another country thousands of miles away if the affected person is in Oz and is trying to stay there.

Being forced to tell enquirers that yes they can apply for visas for Oz but there will be a LOT of considerations to work through before a sensible decision can be made and that DIAC now say that visas are unlikely for many, many aspiring migrants any time soon is likely to cause people to decide to sit tight and await further developments before making any decisions.

I think it is likely to weaken migration agents' cash flows and that it will threaten the solvency of some of them. Two or three firms of agents in the UK have gone bump in the last 12 months. That number might increase so I would urge prospective clients to be cautious with their money. Apart from anything else, a Rregistered Migration Agent has a right to move to Australia whenever s/he might wish to do so. As yet, you don't.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Impatient

This just blows my confidence in the whole process. There is no way I would make the move without a potential route to PR. Moving on a 475 gave me that after 2 or 3 years. Now, IF I hang around for another couple of years putting my life on hold, I MIGHT get the temp visa I am looking for, but what confidence have I got that they won't change the rules again and remove the route to PR???

Methinks there is a bottle of wine with my name on it at home for me this evening.

Bugger bugger bugger xxxx xxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxxxx (they are not kisses by the way!).

Guest Impatient
I am waiting to hear from mine, I really want to know, if you are at the very end stages of your visa application, will that make any difference?....:unsure:

The wording of the notices suggest that everything will get stopped and worked in the new priority order. Clearly that is barking when applications are nearing completion, and I hope that common sense prevails.

Anyone else feel sick today?

Wow, I don't think anyone saw that coming :wideeyed: sorry for those negatively impacted.

I can't help but wonder if this is why the number of SS's being granted seems to have slowed in the last couple of months.

At this stage I don't think this impacts my priority much either way, but it is worrying that changes like this can come along & make such a big difference to people who're already so far into the process.

Good luck all!

The wording of the notices suggest that everything will get stopped and worked in the new priority order. Clearly that is barking when applications are nearing completion, and I hope that common sense prevails.

Thankyou for your reply....:yes:

This news is so hard to digest......:sad:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Imp

I agree with your sentiments. I have just replied to a PM from someone who was hoping to submit an on-line, SS, 176 application today, saying, "Please hang on to your $2,525 until you have had a chance to work out what impact the latest changes will have on your ow plans."

Today is NOT the day to give money to DIAC. Everyone who has not yet paid DIAC needs time to consider the ramifications of the latest announcement first.

Concerned

Gill

Yep barking mad but exactly what they did to us 6 months ago!:shocked:

When I started this process I asked on this forum as my Ex lives in Australia with his wife who runs a relocation agency would there be any way they could try to prevent us getting our visa and I was told no way ......well guess what they have now succeeded in stopping me from getting a visa. Because they refused to send a letter of consent and then lied that they had they delayed us by weeks and we had to apply for the court order and for what!

Guest Impatient
Hi Imp

I agree with your sentiments. I have just replied to a PM from someone who was hoping to submit an on-line, SS, 176 application today, saying, "Please hang on to your $2,525 until you have had a chance to work out what impact the latest changes will have on your ow plans."

Today is NOT the day to give money to DIAC. Everyone who has not yet paid DIAC needs time to consider the ramifications of the latest announcement first.

Concerned

Gill

Agree completely. Should I send DIAC £1300-1400 on a vague promise of a temp visa maybe in 3 years' time??? I think not.

I wonder if Bermuda is looking for a healthy pair of 30-somethings, financially secure, professionally qualified, keen to work and integrate and contribute to their new environment??? What does a guy have to do?

Guest Magnetic6

OOOOOOHHHH NO!!!

This is such awful news for so many people. The minister obviouly isn't interested in the fact that there are human beings behind visa applicants who've planned for years, sold family homes to go into rented accomodation etc and basically jumped through hoops at great financial and emotional cost.

I must be naive to think that when your application is submitted and DIAC have taken your money, the rules of that day should stand almost like a contractual agreement. For people to be so close to a visa grant and then for it all to change is so unfair. Thinking of everyone who this affects,

Natalie x

Archived