New Changes to STATE SPONSORED MIGRATION

Guest highlander

Guest mikka711

It's painfully obvious that the Minister for Incompetence - oops Immigration - is too busy covering his @rse to remember that he is messing with people's families/lives/dreams/money when he keeps moving the goal posts....

...but can he honestly get away with this without there being some kind of massive fallout or compensation claims ...

...issuing an edict like this with immediate effect like some kind of fatwa - "as-soon-as-I-speak-the-words-it-shall-be."??????:mad: And to apply this retrospectively as well when people have spent their precious time and hard-earned money on medicals etc on the instruction of their case officer????

No warning. No in-28-days'-time Notice. Nothing.

Absolutely incandescent:realmad:

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From today on, the "Australian Values Statement" should have an extra chapter:

"Take their money away from them, and let them no hope."

Back to the (convict) roots.

Don't know how much good this will do, I complained to him weeks ago and so far have had no response, I think that Gill had a great idea to contact the Australian omundsmund, I am already filling out the on-line form with my complaint!!!!!

Address:

Senator Chris Evans

Minister for Immigration and Citizenship

Parliament House

Canberra ACT 2600

Telephone: 02 6277 7860

Fax: 02 6273 4144

Email: minister@immi.gov.au

Great idea, I donnt know how but can some one get hold of a ministers details ( electronic ) so we can vent our anger/disgust ???, if we do it as a whole it may be of use .

Regards Iain

Guest VickyMel

I'm totally gutted waiting to hear back on a SS - no CSL

...but wasn't there talk just recently of scrapping CSL and MODL and developing a Future Skills list to determine the priorities sometime early next year..?

Well I suppose not having a CSL myself I don't need to take the decision of whether to risk trying a CSL application and getting cut off before they change the goal posts again.

Pretty crappy day today - good luck to everyone.

Don't know how much good this will do, I complained to him weeks ago and so far have had no response, I think that Gill had a great idea to contact the Australian omundsmund, I am already filling out the on-line form with my complaint!!!!!

Address:

Senator Chris Evans

Minister for Immigration and Citizenship

Parliament House

Canberra ACT 2600

Telephone: 02 6277 7860

Fax: 02 6273 4144

Email: minister@immi.gov.au

Ring them tommorow, be polite and ask for help & or to make an appointment with the Minister.

Then report back here with the response you get.

Look at this invitation to contact him for any immigration matter

Chris Evans: Welcome

:( well that's us out again. We've been wanting to go since 2004 and everytime we get close there's a change that affects us. This time is harder as i really didn't see this coming, we have our CO, meds finalised etc just awaiting an overseas police check - I could kick myself we would have frontloaded that and been done but we needed a formal request letter from our CO to obtain it.....I was expecting a grant in a matter of weeks.

Well if ever there was a sign i'm not meant to be there this is it. By the time the 176 are being sponsored we would need to re-submit everything, skills assessment, IELTS, meds and police checks will all have expired.

Up yours australia.

:( well that's us out again. We've been wanting to go since 2004 and everytime we get close there's a change that affects us. This time is harder as i really didn't see this coming, we have our CO, meds finalised etc just awaiting an overseas police check - I could kick myself we would have frontloaded that and been done but we needed a formal request letter from our CO to obtain it.....I was expecting a grant in a matter of weeks.

Well if ever there was a sign i'm not meant to be there this is it. By the time the 176 are being sponsored we would need to re-submit everything, skills assessment, IELTS, meds and police checks will all have expired.

Up yours australia.

Man, Dont give up ! You are to good for this type of treatment, Dont let them win.

The people and this country are great. Dont let a few crackpots spoil it for you.

Anyone with an application in before today should be served. Its only right. hang in there.

Guest Impatient

I just think this whole thing is going to damage people's trust in the process. We all know this is stressful and expensive enough without the goalposts changing every 6 mths. The annoying thing is that it is a kneejerk to the current economic climate that will sort itself out in a couple of years. A forward thinking Government would look upon it as an opportunity to gather as many skilled people as possible from around the World in preparation for the inevitable growth to come...

You are to good for this type of treatment, Dont let them win

You know what, right now i feel too good for Australia ;) Seriously we're young, skilled and self sufficient financially......I love australia but there are plenty of other places in the world!

Letting them win isn't giving up it's walking away and moving on with new plans in life, not dangling on a string checking your visa progress for the next 2 years.

I have a letter from my CO requesting my overseas police check, notifying my of 70days to respond before a decision will be made - I wonder if i can hold DIAC to that letter now?!!!!

Guest Lindseyf

:cry:i still can't believe it, but i feel bad for those waiting since 2004, we have only been waiting 12 months so we shouldn't feel as bad as you guys. I am starting to feel better and thinking there is not a lot we can do but just get on with it. I up for sending a letter if we can get our heads together and send the same letter, maybe Gill or Alan Collett could help us with putting something like that together.

I have spoken to my Agent and he has advises that we should try to stay positive and he thinks there are going to be a lot more announcements in the next couple of months e.g. possibly the modl and CSL being quashed.

So as there is not a lot we can do the best option is to carry on with our original plans and hope that the fact we are young, professionally qualified couple with no ties should stand us in good stead of getting work and maybe get sponsorship that way.

Keep your chins up everyone ( having a cry is good but wont help in the long run, just gives you a massive headache!!!):arghh:

Good Luck everyone

I have spoken to my Agent and he has advises that we should try to stay positive and he thinks there are going to be a lot more announcements in the next couple of months e.g. possibly the modl and CSL being quashed.

I wouldnt say thats a reason to stay positive.....:no:

Good luck to you & everyone on here....It really has been bad news...:sad:

Guest Tamarama
:cry:i still can't believe it, but i feel bad for those waiting since 2004, we have only been waiting 12 months so we shouldn't feel as bad as you guys. I am starting to feel better and thinking there is not a lot we can do but just get on with it. I up for sending a letter if we can get our heads together and send the same letter, maybe Gill or Alan Collett could help us with putting something like that together.

So as there is not a lot we can do the best option is to carry on with our original plans and hope that the fact we are young, professionally qualified couple with no ties should stand us in good stead of getting work and maybe get sponsorship that way.

Keep your chins up everyone ( having a cry is good but wont help in the long run, just gives you a massive headache!!!):arghh:

Good Luck everyone

Bravo Juli I stand by this ..

My agent said similar so we have to be positive and take action.

Gill or Alan care to help us put together a letter please?

Guest flipflop
Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger. How many times do I have to swear to get banned from here?

Fair to say that this has just ruined my day. As a 475 applicant, non-CSL who was looking to move next summer, we are now talking another 2.5 years without any stability for the monsters, a home of our own, a plan for the future. Been on here since 2006, but maybe enough is enough. Thanks Australia, but will have to think long and hard about what we do now...

Ahhhh mate, I really feel for you as I have come to like youer posts and you always seem fair mate, cant you look at other Countries in Europe or Canada that might be easier to get into, Oz seems to be slowley drawing up the drawbridge.:hug:

Guest Lindseyf
I wouldnt say thats a reason to stay positive.....:no:

Good luck to you & everyone on here....It really has been bad news...:sad:

not saying that is a reason to stay positive, he said try to stay positive, then said about the other stuff. None of us have any reason to be positive today but it is better to be positive than to give up!!!!!! It is crap but what options do we have??

not saying that is a reason to stay positive, he said try to stay positive, then said about the other stuff. None of us have any reason to be positive today but it is better to be positive than to give up!!!!!! It is crap but what options do we have??

Oh, I see, now it makes sense....Sorry read your post wrong

Good luck again.....

Guest guest17301

Just wanted to say to all affected....take heart..things are changing all the time..Australia still needs skilled immigrants...if it's meant to be you will get there at some point and if you've paid your money..SHOUT, SHOUT AND SHOUT SOME MORE. I'm a firm believer in pester power and if you email, call and badger your CO/Agent etc things may move quicker for you,

I have to agree with previous posters in that surely DIAC will not only process CSL applicants till 2012..no way. If you're nearly finalised it won't be much longer I'm sure

Hang on in there...it will be worth it in the end

Australia is a great country-remember why you want it so badly and don't give up the fight...xxxxxx

Guest Impatient
Ahhhh mate, I really feel for you as I have come to like youer posts and you always seem fair mate, cant you look at other Countries in Europe or Canada that might be easier to get into, Oz seems to be slowley drawing up the drawbridge.:hug:

Thanks Flip, this is def time to sit down and take stock of things. The advice earlier to press on with applications regardless does not sit well with me. Need to have a think about how to proceed - if I am told 'not yet' enough times, one day I will be too old.

My children are the most important things to me. I want to go to Oz to give them the lifestyle I think it offers. At the moment, there is a huge amount of risk in all of this and the exchange rate is so bad that I can't even do the lifestyle thing the way I wanted. There is a point at which the lifestyle is not worth the stress and expense involved.

Have a friend trying to get to Canada and it is very tricky to get into too!

In and email from my agent they say that the first 3 catagories should be dealt with fairly swiftly as not a lot of applicants and then they will deal with the CSL. They are currently dealing with April CSL and when they start prioritising the expect that to be fairly quickly so they should move on to our catagory....ie SS sponsered non CSL but MODL fairly shortly, their guess is approximatly 2-3 months.

Fingers well and truly crossed:wideeyed:

Copied from a post on another forum as it seems relevant

"Application processing times (immi.gov.au)

Processing times for applications lodged on or after 1 September 2007

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...htm#processing

very clearly mention with Table structure sad.gif "

It says priority applications are those in the first three priorities, i.e. only those on CSL AND with a sponsorship

When I started this process I asked on this forum as my Ex lives in Australia with his wife who runs a relocation agency would there be any way they could try to prevent us getting our visa and I was told no way ......well guess what they have now succeeded in stopping me from getting a visa. Because they refused to send a letter of consent and then lied that they had they delayed us by weeks and we had to apply for the court order and for what!

Only just got home and read this bombshell...... gutted..... makes me kinda glad we haven't managed to sell the blinking house yet....

But Cath you know my sentiments on this..... and I was just talking to Martin about your situation and said I can't believe poor Cath and Matt have been hit by this AGAIN!!!!

And for what!!!! Well for something I can't possibly repeat on here but you know the words I would generally say!!! ((((((HUGS)))))))

Guest jilkfree1978

Australia had a quick way to make some money!

they add priortiy processing on all those gsm visa for a few months,give a few visa,s to a few people,encourage loads of people to apply,then finaly change the priority!

nice 1 australia thanks a bunch! i bet they are all down the pub celebrating,

Archived