New Changes to STATE SPONSORED MIGRATION

Guest highlander

hi guys, i sympathise and understand that this is an incredibly frustrating situation to be in. However i am inclined to agree with some of spurious posts points - use the time productively and positively do get everything organised, policy and legislation do change at the drop of a hat and nothing will ever change that. I completely agree also that DIAC have taken your hard earned cash and have in my opinion not been very fair. But I guess the small print does state that it is subject to change unfortunately.

I also agree that people are reacting again in a way that could cause even more problems - i am thinking back a few months when they announced 175 would take longer - thousands jumped ship to a 176 visa causing a massive backlog and clog up of the system, then topped it off by calling and emailing DIAC with thousands of questions and complaints which took the officers away from dealing with the visas!!

Unfortunately a lot of the mess has been worsened with over zealousness and anxiety (understandably) and lack of patience - i would know - i have no patience either!! and I would be one of those people who constantly harrass. However, I feel it has served no purpose and gotten immigration into such a deep hole now, they are struggling to get out!!

I totally agree with Alan Colletts post - i do not believe people should be charged again for their medicals etc. if they have already done them, its not the applicants fault that they are delayed and feel the government should not expect them to pay again. I guess the days of frontloading are coming to an end as its just not worth it!!

The priority lists have been the same for a while - nothing has changed! the only thing i can make out that has "changed" is DIAC have tried to give people an estimated timeline.

Which is what people have been screaming for therefore maybe they felt they had no option but to give a lengthy estimate in anticipation of all the complaints they will receive if they dont meet their original predicted timelines? just a thought??

I do not feel for one instance people will be made to wait that long - it simply isnt viable, australia needs migrants, the PM and Minister have stated we will be taking on board a specific number in the fiscal year and would assume they would need to stick to that to avoid public embarrassment, therefore unless we have a whole heap of students who meet the high priorities and have relevant work experience to match there is no way things are going to stop moving in my opinion. I would sit tight and watch this space i think there will be more to come.

In the meantime, just to try and make sense of it - they are not stopping applications per se, they are simply saying they will take longer, they will still deal with SS things will just move at a slower rate instead. Australia needs migrants, they know that as well as most, however they are filtering out the ones that are not a priority for the country at this time. They are looking after their economy and their inhabitants as a responsible country should. They have always taken a rather cautious stand on issues, and this has gotten them through problems such as GFC barely scathed (in comparison to others!). As a poster mentioned earlier use this time to visit family and friends and see the parts of the uk you wouldnt normally see. Australia is definitely worth the hassle and wait once you get here, but make the most of what you have now!!!!

good luck

vb2

Reading all this hysterical over-reaction, I'm amazed at the lack of perspective some people have. It's almost like some of you think Australia owe you something! The simple fact is that until you get your visa, you are always at the mercy of legislation changes - this isn't a secret and never has been. If you don't understand that the legislation and policy can change at any moment, and at the discretion of the government, then more fool you. You are not *entitled* to a visa to Australia; you're lucky you're getting the chance to live there at all. Some other nations take years and years for people to migrate to their land, and half of you seem to be throwing all your toys out of your pram because you're having to wait for more than a few months.

So some of you have been under the illusion that you're almost there - well who told you that? DIAC have never promised a visa until it's granted - they briefly implemented a priority structure but never said it would be permanent. It seems to be your own sense of self-entitlement that's allowed you to get ahead of yourself and you're now using to validate this repulsive display of collective self-pity.

You'll still get your visa. Stop all this tedious 'poor me' nonsense and use the time to save, to put your house on the market, and - god forbid - to get a little perspective.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So some of you have been under the illusion that you're almost there - well who told you that? DIAC have never promised a visa until it's granted - they briefly implemented a priority structure but never said it would be permanent. It seems to be your own sense of self-entitlement that's allowed you to get ahead of yourself and you're now using to validate this embarrassing display of collective self-pity.

Yes DIAC did tell them. If you bother to check the immigration website, there is an expected processing time for every single visa class number. In my daughter's case (475 regional from low risk country) it was 7 months. She applied last October (over 11 months already and she is now told to expect nothing until end 2012). 7 months to 12 months would be bearable. 7 months to 4 years is not! By contrast, aged pensioners know that their visa is likely to take 7 years before they start. You make your decisions accordingly and don't expect them to change so drastically part way through the process - especially when you have paid your money in advance.

Kazza

Guest Gollywobbler
Reading all this hysterical over-reaction, I'm amazed at the lack of perspective some people have. It's almost like some of you think Australia owe you something! The simple fact is that until you get your visa, you are always at the mercy of legislation changes - this isn't a secret and never has been. If you don't understand that the legislation and policy can change at any moment, and at the discretion of the government, then more fool you. You are not *entitled* to a visa to Australia; you're lucky you're getting the chance to live there at all. Some other nations take years and years for people to migrate to their land, and half of you seem to be throwing all your toys out of your pram because you're having to wait for more than a few months.

So some of you have been under the illusion that you're almost there - well who told you that? DIAC have never promised a visa until it's granted - they briefly implemented a priority structure but never said it would be permanent. It seems to be your own sense of self-entitlement that's allowed you to get ahead of yourself and you're now using to validate this embarrassing display of collective self-pity.

You'll still get your visa. Stop all this tedious 'poor me' nonsense and use the time to save, to put your house on the market, and - god forbid - to get a little perspective.

Spurious

You seem to imagine that applications for visas can be made free of charge? If this were so then I would agree with many of your contentions.

However the costs of applying for a skilled independent visa for Australia are very high. On average the skills asssesment fee, State sponsorship fee and visa application fee will come to around $5,000 AUD even if no Aussie migration agent is involved. Double it if the applicant uses an agent.

Aussie Migration Medicals for a family of four cost about £1,000 GBP in the UK. Call that another $2,500 AUD and you will not be far wrong. The meds only have a shelf life of 12 months. So if DIAC tell people to get them done and then DIAC shift the goalposts the following day - as has now happened to THOUSANDS of visa applicants from all over the world in the last 48 hours - those applicants will have to incur those meds costs again as & when your Government might decide to revive a visa application at a later date.

By now, if you were a visa applicant, you will have spent the thick end of $10,000 AUD relying on promises made and instructions issued by the Aussie Government. One way or another, this applicant might well be instructed by your Government to spend another $10,000 or do without at a later date. On that later date, your Government could change the goalposts on him overnight yet again.

Your entire hypothesis is based on the notion that applying to migrate to Australia costs nothing. It costs many thousands of AUD as a matter of fact. The Ten Pound Poms era ended many years ago.

Your arguments are as spurious as your user name because it is obvious that you have failed to consider the COSTS.

Immigration is very lucrative for Australia. It is also a major job-creation scheme for Australians. ALL of it financed for you by prospective migrants to Oz.

Get to grips with the costs, please, and with the job creation for Aussies, BEFORE you attempt to visit this forum again.

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi vb2

use the time productively and positively

Do you know of a way to stop time?

If not, how do you suggest preventing a child who is dependent on Mum & Dad now from becoming independent of them - and therefore no longer eligible to migrate to Oz with them - once the Aussie Govt eventually (if) gets its act up together?

Would you abandon your child on the far side of the world simply because the Aussies decided to muck you around one fine without a word of advance warning?

Wouldn't you actually tell the the Aussie Govt where the dark place is and how to get there?

Cheers

Gill

Guest grant6607
4. Other CSL based applications (priority group 4): the ASPC is currently processing such applications and anticipates meeting the 10 day service standard in quarter 1 of 2010. This reflects our experience, as we have received communications from the ASPC progressing priority group 4 applications since the Minister's announcement.

Hi Alan, I am curious what you mean by the "1st quarter of 2010". Are you stating that by April 1st, 2010 they will be processing applications within 10 days of lodgement?

Thanks for that, no really, critism at this time is just what all of us need right now. Your either heartless or very cruel.:shocked:

of course not!!

i would hope that the aussie government will look case by case and if a child was on the original visa application then they would honour that, if it is gov fault for the delay!!!!

at the moment with a lot of visas they go by the original application - however as we have seen things can change, if that is the case then it is a different topic completely!!!!!not sure what you mean by "dark place" however i dont believe bombarding the government with phone calls and emails is the answer, in my opinion it would slow things down further, i believe a petition of some kind would be more effective directly to the ministers department. but hey what do i know i only work for the state government!!!!!

best of luck to you all in this horribly frustrating period!

Hi vb2

Do you know of a way to stop time?

If not, how do you suggest preventing a child who is dependent on Mum & Dad now from becoming independent of them - and therefore no longer eligible to migrate to Oz with them - once the Aussie Govt eventually (if) gets its act up together?

Would you abandon your child on the far side of the world simply because the Aussies decided to muck you around one fine without a word of advance warning?

Wouldn't you actually tell the the Aussie Govt where the dark place is and how to get there?

Cheers

Gill

Guest mikka711

LOL, ffs you know nothing about my life or the lives of posters affected.

So run along now and find someone to talk to - about some other subject you might actually have a clue about.

of course not!!

i would hope that the aussie government will look case by case and if a child was on the original visa application then they would honour that, if it is gov fault for the delay!!!!

at the moment with a lot of visas they go by the original application -

It would seem the ENTIRE point of many of the gut wrenching posts made on here these past 2 days has actually bypassed you ... what on earth makes you think DIAC would HONOUR anything about the status of anybody at the point of application!!!! This being the exact case in point!!!

So many of us started off in a "strong" position or so we thought only to have the rug pulled... then after 6 more months of trying to patiently waiting, thinking once again we were finally getting closer again they go and pull the bloody rug again!!!

Clearly this shows how very much DIAC do not in fact HONOUR anything about our applications at the point they were submitted!

In and email from my agent they say that the first 3 catagories should be dealt with fairly swiftly as not a lot of applicants and then they will deal with the CSL. They are currently dealing with April CSL and when they start prioritising the expect that to be fairly quickly so they should move on to our catagory....ie SS sponsered non CSL but MODL fairly shortly, their guess is approximatly 2-3 months.

Fingers well and truly crossed:wideeyed:[/QUOT

I called my agent today and they said the same as above. So lets hope they are right its been a long process but we will get there in the end. It does piss me off all these changes when they have taken our money though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope, but I don't think it would be as simple as that.

If it was a matter of couple of month they wouldn't change the system. I remember the same predictions regarding Dec.09 changes.

In fact, I think, DIAC told us - we will deal only with CSL applicants. Maybe because they know something what we don't. Like number of onshore students that are going to apply for perm.res.

Any way, hope is here. But I think we shouldn't give up on this situation quietly.

Let's stay together and let them know we don't deserve such mistreatment. :realmad:

I must admit, I am actually quite positive about this news. <<<runs away>>> . We were always in this for the long haul, maybe using the 5 year window to actually move to Aus. This does give us concerns, dont get me wrong, but our agent believes that applications will be processed when the csl etc have been done. The oldest csl application they have without case officer, is 6 months. We have just passed our meds, and only outstanding doc was police checks, and have a case officer. So the plan is to still upload the police checks and then wait. Save like buggerry and see whats what.

I feel for those who have given notice etc, and sold their homes - luckily we didnt

One bit of light is that Debbie from Liverpool has had her visa granted AFTER these changes even though she had moved down the priority. She had a case officer BEFORE the changes. I know following the CSL changes people got well and truly shafted having been requested to have medicals police checks etc. and then dumped. I really hope that anyone with a case officer already has their case seen through.

I know this isn't what people want to hear but I think the re-prioritisation is right. The priorities should be those with jobs lined up and those on the CSL. 18 months ago I was in th UK willing to do anything to get a visa (I would be here as a student if all other options had failed), I was lucky and gained sponsorship but following the forums here there has been some tragic tales and some very angry people who feel Australia allowed them to migrate under 'false pretences' and found they were unable to find work once they got here.

I can only imagine that getting your visa and then having to return to the UK because your life savings are spent and there is no work in sight and no benefits available to you is so much worse than sweating it out in the UK waiting for your visa.

I do understand that their are individual circumstances that make time of the essence and it is the ever changing goalposts that is really the issue here. Some very hard lessons learnt and I think we should all welcome newcomers to the journey with cautionery tales and make sure they understand that the CSL can change at anytime, MODL can change at anytime, the priority in which applications are processed can be changed at any time so DO NOT sell your house/car/resign from work not even when you have a case officer and seriously consider whether you are made of strong enough stuff to cope with maybe serval years of uncertainty.

This in no way is meant as criticism of those caught out but most migration agents won't share this reality because it'd lose them business so as a forum we need to try and help others from making the same mistakes.

I guess the answer for many people now is to find a sponsor and if you can't you do have to ask how 'wanted down under' are your skills, maybe these changes will be a blessing in disguise because despite the money already spent it is probably a fraction of the money spent on the actual move & returning to the Uk if work cannot be found.

Big hugs to you all.

Jules

I think i could live with the time delay if i felt I would get a visa at the end of it, so spurious that's what the self pity is for the end of a dream of a life plan. I really think for us (nominated occupation business professional NEC) we're out of the running completely now. My occupation is never going to be on any CSL list or MODL and so i feel we finally got so close to now be so far.

Of course it is australias perogative to say they don't need my skills, but to ask me to pay for medicals and police checks, change everything to 'met' and then this. Well self pity maybe but yes it feels unfair......what will happen now over the next few years as rules change? will the 'met' on my documents one by one disappear!

One bit of light is that Debbie from Liverpool has had her visa granted AFTER these changes even though she had moved down the priority. She had a case officer BEFORE the changes. I know following the CSL changes people got well and truly shafted having been requested to have medicals police checks etc. and then dumped. I really hope that anyone with a case officer already has their case seen through.

I know this isn't what people want to hear but I think the re-prioritisation is right. The priorities should be those with jobs lined up and those on the CSL. 18 months ago I was in th UK willing to do anything to get a visa (I would be here as a student if all other options had failed), I was lucky and gained sponsorship but following the forums here there has been some tragic tales and some very angry people who feel Australia allowed them to migrate under 'false pretences' and found they were unable to find work once they got here.

I can only imagine that getting your visa and then having to return to the UK because your life savings are spent and there is no work in sight and no benefits available to you is so much worse than sweating it out in the UK waiting for your visa.

I do understand that their are individual circumstances that make time of the essence and it is the ever changing goalposts that is really the issue here. Some very hard lessons learnt and I think we should all welcome newcomers to the journey with cautionery tales and make sure they understand that the CSL can change at anytime, MODL can change at anytime, the priority in which applications are processed can be changed at any time so DO NOT sell your house/car/resign from work not even when you have a case officer and seriously consider whether you are

I do agree that the CSL should be priority always did seem ridiculous to have it lower priority but that is what they did so we all went out and spent money seeking SS and I for one paid for more unneccesary police checks and Court Orders also some of us had to sell our houses to fund the move and the visa applications so we had no choice. Yes they have the right to prioritise but why for gods sake did they not honour applications already with case officers twice in my case once in March and once now. Debbie is lovely and I wish her well, but she is a CSL and we sadly now are not.

I do agree that the CSL should be priority always did seem ridiculous to have it lower priority but that is what they did so we all went out and spent money seeking SS and I for one paid for more unneccesary police checks and Court Orders also some of us had to sell our houses to fund the move and the visa applications so we had no choice. Yes they have the right to prioritise but why for gods sake did they not honour applications already with case officers twice in my case once in March and once now. Debbie is lovely and I wish her well, but she is a CSL and we sadly now are not.

I totally agree - just like MODL is 'frozen' at the point you apply, I think as soon as you have a CO priority should be frozen.

Your user name says it all and your time will come.

XX

Hello folks…

So we all agree the big loosers from yesterday’s changes are those with State Sponsorship but not on the CSL… as they have moved from 2nd place to 5th place in priority.

I am beginning to doubt however that someone with ‘SS non CSL’ (like me!), currently in position [5] will really have to wait 3 years for a visa grant…. That would put them in the same category as someone in position [7].

Here’s my thinking…

Ok, so if I remember this right, the old priority processing went like this:

• Employer sponsored

• State Sponsored

• CSL

• MODL

• Anything other

And now it is…

1. Employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS

2. Nominated by a State/Territory government and on the Critical Skills List (CSL)

3. Sponsored by family and on the CSL

4. Neither nominated nor sponsored but on the CSL

5. Nominated by a State/Territory government not listed on the CSL

6. (i) MODL and (ii) Sponsored by family not listed on the CSL.

7. All other applications.

So, if we lump all the CSL applications together (in red) essentially in a simplified version it is:

• Employer sponsored

• Any CSL (including the sub divisions)

• State Sponsored

• MODL / Family sponsored

• Anything other

So in essence, all they have done to the original list valid prior to 23rd September, is swap around State Sponsored & CSL, and sub-divide the CSL applicants to make the list look longer.

Now previously, on the old list, positions 1,2 & 3 (Employer, SS, CSL) were all priority and you could expect a visa grant within a year… so what’s the difference now really? If you look at the new list in my simplified version, State Sponsored is still in the top 3 and should therefore be priority in practical terms… I mean the number of CSLers hasn’t suddenly shot up in the last few months has it? If anything it should have gone down since March… unless Chris Evans is going to drastically reduce the migrant intake across the board, I really can’t see why a ‘SS non CSL’ applicant should have to wait 3 years! (I hope!!!)

And what about the other implications… for the states. I mean take WA’s sponsored occupations list (WAOIDL)… it is very lengthy and ram packed full of tradies – of whom there are hardly any on the CSL. This new directive basically says if you aren’t Employer Sponsored or CSL then you aint even being looked at for 3 years. So a tradie who wants to migrate to WA and gets sponsorship from them as they are in demand there – wont even be able to go there for 3 – 4 years. Madness. It doesn’t make sense. And if that’s the way it really will go, then Mr Evans and his department are going to destroy the likes of WA’s sponsored migration program.

Any thoughts?

All the best…

BB

Although I don't know the current number of applications, but everybody can make a look here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statist...am-2008-09.pdf

These are the statistical numbers of the GSM program for 2008/2009. (ended on 30 June 2009)

They state following:

"133,601 clients remain in the pipeline as at 30 June 2009."

"Demand for the Skilled Independent visa appears to have fallen in 2008-09 with an average lodgement rate of around 5,100 per month compared to an average of 6,700 per month in 2007-08."

If we suppose the same application numbers since the 30th June then they should have now at the end of September about 133.601 + 15.300 (3 x 5.100) = 148.900 applications. We should of course deduct the numbers of visas granted since the end of June. But how much can that be?

The planning level of Skill Stream visas for 2009/2010 was set 108.000. If we suppose that the visas are granted equable during the year, then in the almost 3 months since the end of June this number can be about 27.000.

148.900 - 27.000 = 121.900

They have now to deal with 121.900 visas.

Most of us applied in these 2 categories: "skilled independent" and "skilled state sponsored". (visa subclasses 175 and 176)

"The Skilled Independent outcome in 2008-09 was 44,594, 0.4 per cent above the planning level of 44,405 places."

"State/Territory Sponsored Migration had an outcome of 14,055. This was 0.3 per cent below the planning level of 14,010 and an increase of 86.7 per cent on the 2007-08 program year."

Together they granted 58.460 visas in these 2 categories.

As the planning numbers were cut back from 115.000 to 108.000 it is very likely that they won't grant 58.460 visas in these categories in 2009/2010. We can accept maybe 55.000.

If we compare the numbers 121.900 with 55.000 then unfortunately the 2-3 years as waiting time seems to be realistic... :cry:

It would seem the ENTIRE point of many of the gut wrenching posts made on here these past 2 days has actually bypassed you ... what on earth makes you think DIAC would HONOUR anything about the status of anybody at the point of application!!!! This being the exact case in point!!!

So many of us started off in a "strong" position or so we thought only to have the rug pulled... then after 6 more months of trying to patiently waiting, thinking once again we were finally getting closer again they go and pull the bloody rug again!!!

Clearly this shows how very much DIAC do not in fact HONOUR anything about our applications at the point they were submitted!

you cant blame The DIAC They have to follow directives the only person to blame is Evans he has made the guidelines I'am sure many of the staff at the DIAC are fed up with these changes as we are

ok their lives might not be changed by these decissions but they must have feelings and see the unfairness of this latest change imagine you turn up for work at 9am on Wednesday to be told forget what you have been doing the past 6 months knowing that some familes are so close and have spent so much money to be told put those files away for another 3 years and go and find all these type to start on :chatterbox:

WJK

If DIAC knows as published in their report, that the numbers of lodged applications in the category "skilled independent" was 5.100/month recently (2008/2009) and they make a planing level for this category for 2009/2010 of only 41.600/year could mean only 2 things:

- they refuse applications in high quotas

- they not even want to decide about applications in 1 year

And I not even mentioned the applications in the pipeline.

Hi Jules

I wish the part in red was true for us, we have applied for a 175 with a job offer which gave us the extra points. It took us 6 months to gain the job offer and we are finding it very frustrating that O/H has a job to go to but we are going to be stuck here until 2012. We just don't know what to do now, should we see if we can get the company to sponsor him or hang it out and risk loosing the job offer which will then mean that we do not qualify for the points?. O/H will be 48/49 by the time we get out there if the predicted time lines for group 6 are correct. I hope that the review will give us all some positive new.

Jules

Jules

Guest Gollywobbler
of course not!!

at the moment with a lot of visas they go by the original application - however as we have seen things can change, if that is the case then it is a different topic completely!!!!!not sure what you mean by "dark place" however i dont believe bombarding the government with phone calls and emails is the answer, in my opinion it would slow things down further, i believe a petition of some kind would be more effective directly to the ministers department. but hey what do i know i only work for the state government!!!!!

best of luck to you all in this horribly frustrating period!

Hi vb2

I don't think you realise how ruthless your Government is.

Th migration legislation provides that the age and dependency of a child is not determined until the Case Officer is at the final stages of considering whether or not to grant the visa. DIAC have already confirmed that the legislation will not be altered in this regard.

Therefore a lot of families who have already spent thousands of dollars on their visa applications, plus have spent even more money on medicals and police checks on the instructions of their Case Officers, now face a situation whereby in 2-3 years time they will have to decide whether to withdraw their eldest child/children from the visa application and leave him/them behind or whether to write off all the money that the Australian Government has encouraged them to WASTE and to walk away from their Australian Dream because they choose not to abandon their child.

The Government has already also made it clear that there will be no refunds of money WASTED on getting medicals and police checks done at the request of Australian Government officials. The applicants will either have to incur those costs again - with no guarantee that the Government will not then shift the goalposts on them again - or walk away from all their losses so far and tell the Aussies what to do with their visas and their country.

The Commonwealth Ombudsman is already involved on both counts and has told the affected applicants that he considers that the Government's stance is unacceptable. However the Ombudsman can do nothing more beyond criticising and being seen to do so on behalf of the applicants. That said, the Ombudsman can make himself heard, unlike an individual applicant, so everyone is immensely grateful to the Ombudsman for his own sense of fair play and his willingness to use his own voice.

The current Minister has already done the same things to other groups of applicants twice before, once with the Capital Investment Scheme in 2007 - 2009 and again in March 2009 when the number of occupations on the Critical Skills List was suddenly slashed without a word of prior warning on Monday 16th March 2009.

Senator Evans was sworn in as Minister for Immigration on 3rd December 2007. He has not even held the office for two years as yet but he has effectively already swindled hthousands of people out of money which they paid in good faith to and at the request of officials from his Department. DIAC say that about 4,000 visa applicants were caught up in the Capital Investment Scheme fiasco.

The Minister has not even made any sort of public announcement taking responsibility for the MESS he is making of other people's lives and plans. I don't know where he has been hiding for the last two days but he is clearly in a bunker somewhere and has no intention of speaking with the people whose money he is wasting and whose dreams he is destroying. In my opinion that is craven cowardice on the Minister's part.

The Minister has now proven that the Australian Government does not honour its promises and cannot to be trusted with a visa applicant's wallet. DIAC's "no refunds" policy means that the Australian Government is sitting on millions of dollars in visa application fees - which money must be earning a sizeable chunk of interest considering that DIAC are simply hoarding it for their own benefit.

Senator Evans has been trying to introduce far too many changes, far too fast, without anybody considering the consequences of his impetuosity. However the man cannot be held accountable for his actions. He can hide behind the principle of sovereign immunity.

He has created a monumental mess this time and he has destroyed his Government's credibility with his latest hot-headed nonsense. The pips will squeak soon. People who could help to ease Australia's skills shortage problem will start saying, "No fear. The Australian Government has proved that it cannot be trusted an inch. I am not going to waste my money & my time taking chances with the ultra fickle Australians. I am going to speak with New Zealand instead. The NZ Government is not tainted by the antics of the Australian Government."

This new move by Senator Evans will backfire on Australia, I reckon. He has now gone too far with his ill-considered, ill-planned, ill-executed "reforms."

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi all

Just reading all your comments, and can imagine the upset that this is calling. The process is a constant roller coaster anyway, but to have all these constant changes isnt helping all those people spending lots of money to offer a country their skills and experience.

What is australia playing at??

Just think what they are doing, so many people have spent their life savings, sold their houses and built up their dreams, to be told you goto wait for years before being considered. In a few years they might not have the funds to start the process again, and pay for meds again, so mr minister you will be losing out in the long run, cus all the skill people will go elsewhere.

Anyway - does anyone know whether this will affect my application, after winning the MRT, having a case office and just waiting for the police check??

Not sure whether i fall into this new change or am different cus my case was heard by the tribunal - advice would be very much appreciated.

Good luck to you all out there, and my thoughts are with you all.

Tonia xx

Hi Tonia

Visa applications which have been sent back to the Department by the Migration Review Tribunal are NOT affected by the latest shift in the goalposts.

Q21 of the FAQ provides the reassurance you seek:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-priority-processing.pdf

Keep a close eye on your CO and send him/her the FAQ if you need to. The ASPC staff are at sixes & sevens as much as everyone else is at present.

Cheers

Gill

xx

well said Gill!!:notworthy: (no offence vb2)

we are now reconsidering Canada and are goin to have a look at NZ immigration policy. I dont know if im still in denial but i just cant fathom how they expect this new processing scheme to actually work or benefit their economy, it just plain does not make sense:skeptical:

3 years is so long to be expected to wait to be processed, our agent believes this cannot stay like this and expects more changes sooner rather than later?

Archived