New Changes to STATE SPONSORED MIGRATION

Guest highlander

Hi Alan,

Thanks for you reply!

This has been driving us mad we thought we would have pr by christmas thats why we changed to a state sponser and just as we thought things were happening this happens!

Im a vehicle painter and i am on the employer sponser nomination list so thats good.

With regards to changing my visa what would i need to do?

Thankyou

Jonathan Emma Anya Neve

Liaise with your employer, with a view to lodging nomination and visa applications soonest.

If you or your employer are not sure what to do after reading material available on the DIAC website (or you want to engage an advisor to reduce the risk of getting it wrong) you should then consider engaging a competent Australian immigration law advisor.

Best regards.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Hi Alan,

I have been using a agent from the uk so ill contact them asap and get them to start changing the process.

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan Emma Anya Neve

Fair enough ... but if you have an agent you ought to be asking questions about visa strategy of them, rather than on here ... and as you are in Australia and your employer is in Australia I suggest that a UK based agent is probably not best placed logistically to progress your intended ENS application as quickly as you might want.

Best regards.

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Hi Alan,

My main concern was what happens to my application do i scrap it and lose the money i paid to the agents and DIAC.

Or can i just change my application without costs?

If i do have to scrap it then i will contact you asap but as you can understand its alot of maney to lose!

Cheers

Jon

Guest Bill_er_Bong
Hi Alan,

My main concern was what happens to my application do i scrap it and lose the money i paid to the agents and DIAC.

Or can i just change my application without costs?

If i do have to scrap it then i will contact you asap but as you can understand its alot of maney to lose!

Cheers

Jon

I believe you can change from a 175 or 176 to an ENS visa without a new fee being incurred. Its all on the DIAC website. As for the agent, that'll depend on your contract with them I guess.

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Thanks for that il get straight onto my agents tommorow !!!!

This has been doing our heads in 1 min we are expecting to get our visas now on a 175 then we had to change to a vic ss 176 and told we would get it before christmas then DIAC changed it all so we are having to change again hopefully we can and this is the last chnage lol

It can drive u insane !!!!

Jon

Hi Tasha

Thanks very much for your kind words.

The answers to your questions are:

1. The application will keep its original date of March 2009.

2. The States expect people to make their visa applications reasonably promptly after receiving the offer of SS. If the person doesn't then apply for the visa promptly the States expect delayed applicants to contact them to explain the dlay, discuss their plans etc.

However once the visa application has been made the States honour their sponsorship offers for as long as is necessary until the visa is granted.

3. TRA assessments are valid for life so it will not go out of date.

Cheers

Gill

Gill I can only reiterate what Kelly said..... have you had ANY sleep since Wednesday lol answering all our questions no matter how daft they may seem!

I was also particularly interested in this reply to Kelly's question as this concerned me too, so this is given me reassurance thanks.....

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

So just to clarify i have vic ss which was confirmed on the 21st august 09 and the forms from vic ss where sent to DIAC the 14th sept 09 but we havnt yet got a case officer so does that mean that now we will not be processed untill 2012?

oh and im not on the CSL.

im already on a 457 in melbourne so does that mean i can change my apllication again and get my employer to sponser me ?

Hi everyone

As I have said previously our meds and pcc were requested before the change happened. After a lot of thought and sleepless nights my husband and I have come to a joint decision.We are going to go ahead with our meds on Tuesday 29th and hope for the best.For the past year or so we have been surviving on £900 a month in order to save £1000 a month to go to AU,chances are things are gonna change again with the review of the MODL and hopefully this will have a positive effect on processing times.If we dont get finalized before the meds expire next year we will have saved another £12000(keeping to our saving rules)and will have to redo the meds.We know we are taking a risk in these uncertain times but at least we will be ready when they start processing 176 state sponsored again.My only problem is that my my family as a whole has sacrificed so much in order to save money to go and now I feel gutted because if they start processing 176`s in three years time I will not have fulfilled my promise to my kids,for a better life down under.My oldest will then be going on 18 almost ready for his own life and because of saving he has given up everything that matters to a teen,hoping to go to oz and have quad bikes and better quality of life.We have basically been bound to the house since making the decision to migrate because stepping out of the door is money spent.It sounds harsh but my kids are great and have never moaned about anything.This new change has left my hubby and I feeling deflated.I dont think many people can say that they can survive on £900 A MONTH FOR A FAMILY OF SIX.If we do run out of money my hubby sells something on e-bay to make ends meet rather than dip into our savings(mostly his tools etc).

Chris Evans needs to know that people have sacrificed a lot long term to get to this stage.We are not file numbers we are people.

All opinions welcome

Guest sunnyday
Hi everyone

As I have said previously our meds and pcc were requested before the change happened. After a lot of thought and sleepless nights my husband and I have come to a joint decision.We are going to go ahead with our meds on Tuesday 29th and hope for the best.For the past year or so we have been surviving on £900 a month in order to save £1000 a month to go to AU,chances are things are gonna change again with the review of the MODL and hopefully this will have a positive effect on processing times.If we dont get finalized before the meds expire next year we will have saved another £12000(keeping to our saving rules)and will have to redo the meds.We know we are taking a risk in these uncertain times but at least we will be ready when they start processing 176 state sponsored again.My only problem is that my my family as a whole has sacrificed so much in order to save money to go and now I feel gutted because if they start processing 176`s in three years time I will not have fulfilled my promise to my kids,for a better life down under.My oldest will then be going on 18 almost ready for his own life and because of saving he has given up everything that matters to a teen,hoping to go to oz and have quad bikes and better quality of life.We have basically been bound to the house since making the decision to migrate because stepping out of the door is money spent.It sounds harsh but my kids are great and have never moaned about anything.This new change has left my hubby and I feeling deflated.I dont think many people can say that they can survive on £900 A MONTH FOR A FAMILY OF SIX.If we do run out of money my hubby sells something on e-bay to make ends meet rather than dip into our savings(mostly his tools etc).

Chris Evans needs to know that people have sacrificed a lot long term to get to this stage.We are not file numbers we are people.

All opinions welcome

Ah hunny what a stress for you all!!! I'm keeping everything crossed for you and everyone else in this horrible predicament :wubclub:

Guest TheHollies
Hi everyone

All opinions welcome

Totally with you on this, we too have made lots of sacrifices, no hols, banger of a car, sold house, etc, our daughter is due to start comprehensive next sept and has her heart set on being in oz for this, doesnt want to go to our local school, plus if we do have to wait, she will be 14/15 and might have a different view on things then, lives are being messed around for this, they need to get things sorted and soon. Good luck with your meds

:hug:

Hi Mylady.

can understand completely where you are coming from. We too have had our lives on hold, but have decided to just get on with it (splashed out on sunday lunch today!!!!) We cant do what we have been doing for the past couple of years, we would crack up:wacko:

Best of luck with the meds and the rest of your journey

Hi everyone

All opinions welcome

Hi MyLady...

I have to say I think you are doing the right thing by getting your meds done... if things do change again in Oct (as per some previous posts), you will be ready!!! In the end, they have requested that you get these done & you havent been told any different...

Good Luck & I really do hope things go well for you :smile:

Guest highlander

Hi Folks,

My weekend was so average this time since heard 23/9 news. [yea it was bit of alike 9/11 news for some of us]. Thanks to MINISTER :mad:

Yes it is full week again and one of us may hear updates from CO, please don't forget to do any useful updates on this blog.

Just for sake of some virtual comfort. :unsure:

Hi

/Had an e-mail this morning from CO.This is what it says.

/

/Thank you for your email.

It is advisable that you post pone your medical and character checks until

you receive further advice from this office that your application is

progressing.

Regards

Something still tells me to go ahead and do my meds,tomorrow.

/Please

help /me make my mind up.CO says it is advisable to postpone,she does not say cancel.Am I right in thinking things will pick by end of October.I really dont know what to do anymore.

/Please help.

/

Ive had an email from an official at the ACT Govt Migration Dept, they all basically point to even people in Aus dont really know yet

"Hi Karl

Processing of non CSL visas have stopped until all the CSL are finalised. I have been informed by DIAC that government sponsored non CSL applications will take, on average, about 12 months to process.

However, until we actually see evidence of visa grants, everybody is unsure of what the processing time will be like.

Regards

Julianne

Julianne O'Brien

Client Manager | Skilled and Business Migration Business & Industry Development | ACT Chief Minister's Department"

Hi

I do understand what her the e-mail says I guess my problem is, what if I cancel, and in a month or so things change, with the MODL review pending in October and rumours that the CSL is going to to be scrapped.Wont this change things for the 176 state sponsored priority status?If my meds and PCC are done then we will be in the frontline to be finalised.Am I being just silly in thinking that:goofy:

Kind Regards

Hi

I do understand what her the e-mail says I guess my problem is, what if I cancel, and in a month or so things change, with the MODL review pending in October and rumours that the CSL is going to to be scrapped.Wont this change things for the 176 state sponsored priority status?If my meds and PCC are done then we will be in the frontline to be finalised.Am I being just silly in thinking that:goofy:

Kind Regards

The c.o. has advised you to postpone your medical. If you can do that & save the money surely that's the way to go?

Hi its me again

Gill and Allan and everyone else,I am now going to cancel my meds,PCC has already been applied for.Thanks everyone for keeping me calm and rational through this horrible time.

I found this on another site posted by an agent,any thoughts and opinions,I suppose that I am looking for a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks

Re: when are they changing the modl and csl list

Hi peter and net

DIAC is currently in the process of reviewing the MODL and the public consultation closes next month. The Director of the Review advised me that they are expecting to provide the final recommendations to the Minister in December.

Based on that advice, it is reasonable to assume that any changes to the MODL that arise as a result of the Review will be implemented early next year.

DIAC has already advised that the CSL will be discontinued as a result of the Review, but hasn't given a specific timeframe. Again, it would be realistic to expect that will also occur early next year, as long as DIAC doesn't change its policy without warning, as it did this week on GSM processing priorities.

Best regards

Susan

Susan Wareham McGrath

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 0635687

susan(at)susanwareham(dot)com

www.metaanz.com

I got up in middle of night to check for my visa award - still not through, but when I read this, mighty relieved as my 176 application will still get priority as accountant still on CSL. Feel for those who are affected. Goalposts change again.

Hi,

I am an accountant too but not 7s in each module hence I think I am in Cat 5, what you think?

I hope the more positive changes will be announced soon.

regards

Guest Justin JIANG

nearly 17 Months waiting on the visa, undated documents submitted ( onshore 886 relative sponsored to state sponsored ). So closed and yet so far. Nothing to say! Only one word '****'!

Guest IrishOzHopeful

Hi guys,

Well I'm gutted to say the least, these changes have meant that we too are put back from waiting on a CO to 5th on the priority list so no hope of a CO any time soon

It feels like we've been preparing ourselves for ages for this move but its as far away as ever now and to be honest its so disheartening I feel like giving up:no:

Every time we got through a little hurdle we were delighted... positive skills assessment... check! WA State Sponsorship... check! Meds & Police checks....check! CO... ???? Ahem CO... Nahhh no such luck

Does any1 see a light at the end of this never-ending tunnell?

Dont get me wrong I know we're lucky in a way we have our health and our beautiful daughter to keep us on the straight & narrow but could we just get a break???

I mean is it not morally and ethically wrong to take peoples money, offer them a dream providing that they jump through very challenging hoops and then just tell 'em to wait for a few more years till that minister regains popularity???? Hopefully some 1 in the Ozzy Government will throw us a life-line, soon preferably!!

Good luck to all those who are in the same canoe as us, we know how it feels but chin up and hopefully we'll hear something positive soon,

It can only get better from here on in and whats more it'll be worth it in the end,

Apologies all, rant is now officially over!!!:biggrin:

Thanks

Louise

Guest lazybass

Hi

We also have been pushed down to cat 5 this after getting our CO on 28th august and being told to get police and medicals done by him which we have done at a cost of over £900 for 4 of us. It just seems to be an absolute joke that they can tell you to go out spend nearly £5000 on trying to emigrate then pull the plug... Especially when you have got a CO. We have two children who are nearly 16 & 13 they were so looking forward to going Australia to spend time with their Great Gandparents who are well into their 80's lets just hope they live well into their 90's at this rate!!! Also what happens if my job isn't on any list ( curently modl )when they scrap the current sysytem and the new list comes out at the end of the year? House is on the market HIPS to pay etc etc... Fingers crossed all will be well.

Thanks

Archived