SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi all,

Starting to get quite antsy about our application- we are nearing the year mark :/ we have an uncomplicated application for PMV- heard from CO (V) back in December saying she had everything she needed and earliest we could be approved was 25/7 (8 months before wedding). Still nothing! We have plans to fly to Aus on August 28 - have tried contacting through European service center online but no response. How has everyone else gone about contacting CO to inform of travel plans? Wondering whether it's worth calling the call center? Anyone have any suggestions? Trying to stay positive but so so ready for an approval! :(

Husband and daughters visas granted today!!!! So excited!!

Straight to 100 too x 6th March we applied so just over 4 months!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Starting to get quite antsy about our application- we are nearing the year mark :/ we have an uncomplicated application for PMV- heard from CO (V) back in December saying she had everything she needed and earliest we could be approved was 25/7 (8 months before wedding). Still nothing! We have plans to fly to Aus on August 28 - have tried contacting through European service center online but no response. How has everyone else gone about contacting CO to inform of travel plans? Wondering whether it's worth calling the call center? Anyone have any suggestions? Trying to stay positive but so so ready for an approval! :(

I also had V as a CO for my husband but ours wasn't PMV, they seem to take much longer. When I needed to get info across to her I either put an email on our application or I ring the main number and get them to pass on details to her.

And they responded to your emails?? I replied to that email and got an email back with all kinds of red writing and capital letters saying they wouldn't respond to any emails sent to that account and that that inbox was only for uploading documents and that they didn't even recommend uploading documents via email as it would take ages to process- looks like I might be giving them a call on Monday!

I can't believe I used to LIVE on this site and it's been 4 months now since I last logged in! How is everyone?!

Things here are going OK but a bit slow. I am 2 weeks away from being halfway through my PMV now, which means only 4 months to go until the wedding - eek!

Still haven't found a job. It's been so slow on the job front. I've been volunteering at the local hospital to get me out of the house. I'm going a bit nuts not working, not to mention a little broke, too!!

They did reply, I still got all the blurb about not responding too! Giving them a ring should help if you still don't get a response though..... fingers crossed!!

Still no response from that email- and no response from submitting an enquiry via the European Services Center link on the website- twice! :( I called them this morning and was told they had everything they needed from my application and that I just needed to be patient as our visa was still within the 10-14 month processing time frame :/

They did say that my CO would get a notification that I had called regarding the status of the application, so hopefully that can push our app forward??

I have started looking into travel visas/bridging visas as we have flights booked to Aus for August 27th. I know they say not to book ahead of time but we thought we would be OK booking over 12 months out from the application date! :wacko:

Does anyone have any experience with any of this? From what I am reading, I would need to go over on a visitor visa (either 600 or 651) and then apply for a Bridging Visa B once in Aus. Any help/advice/experience with this would be greatly appreciated! Times like these I am so grateful for this online community- the support and help is invaluable!

Anyone else had any approvals through recently??

Still no response from that email- and no response from submitting an enquiry via the European Services Center link on the website- twice! :( I called them this morning and was told they had everything they needed from my application and that I just needed to be patient as our visa was still within the 10-14 month processing time frame :/

They did say that my CO would get a notification that I had called regarding the status of the application, so hopefully that can push our app forward??

I have started looking into travel visas/bridging visas as we have flights booked to Aus for August 27th. I know they say not to book ahead of time but we thought we would be OK booking over 12 months out from the application date! :wacko:

Does anyone have any experience with any of this? From what I am reading, I would need to go over on a visitor visa (either 600 or 651) and then apply for a Bridging Visa B once in Aus. Any help/advice/experience with this would be greatly appreciated! Times like these I am so grateful for this online community- the support and help is invaluable!

You cannot apply for a bridging visa since you lodged an offshore application. You can apply for a visitor visa (let your CO know beforehand so you don't accidentally end up with a visitor visa replacing a newly granted 300 visa), and then you'll need to briefly leave Australia if the 300 is ready to be granted while you're there.

Agree with Maggie. You can only apply for the tourist visa. A bridging visa cannot then be applied for.

One thing to be careful of is to ensure the tourist visa application and grant don't overlap with the partner visa as iirc this can cancel it out. You ideally would have applied a while back for the tourist visa and had it granted already and be set to use it if your partner visa wasn't granted when you were ready to fly out. If the partner visa is then granted before you depart, it would then cancel the tourist visa out and you'd enter Aus on your partner visa.

Entering Aus on a tourist visa just means you have to go off shore for a few days for the partner visa to be granted. You need to inform them (email the central email usually) you plan to apply for a tourist visa now and once it's granted inform them you will be going to Aus on X date in August on a tourist visa. Your CO will then know to inform you to arrange to go off shore and you can let them know the travel plans. Lots of people have done this to finish out a wait for the partner visa. The other thing is that you remain in the UK till the grant comes through and your partner goes in ahead (or stays also).

Agree with Maggie. You can only apply for the tourist visa. A bridging visa cannot then be applied for.

One thing to be careful of is to ensure the tourist visa application and grant don't overlap with the partner visa as iirc this can cancel it out. You ideally would have applied a while back for the tourist visa and had it granted already and be set to use it if your partner visa wasn't granted when you were ready to fly out. If the partner visa is then granted before you depart, it would then cancel the tourist visa out and you'd enter Aus on your partner visa.

Entering Aus on a tourist visa just means you have to go off shore for a few days for the partner visa to be granted. You need to inform them (email the central email usually) you plan to apply for a tourist visa now and once it's granted inform them you will be going to Aus on X date in August on a tourist visa. Your CO will then know to inform you to arrange to go off shore and you can let them know the travel plans. Lots of people have done this to finish out a wait for the partner visa. The other thing is that you remain in the UK till the grant comes through and your partner goes in ahead (or stays also).

Ok this makes sense. I have responded to the original email about getting assigned our CO letting them know of our travel plans.

Calling the other day didn't seem to do much- they just said hey had all the documents and that I was still within the timeframe and that I should just wait.

Thank you for all your input and Maggie as well! :)

Will keep everyone updated...

Just an update for everyone on here- WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED!!!!!! Looks like all of my pestering may have worked in the end. SUCH a relief. Hoping this means there will be a few more grants through today- wishing everyone luck! This message board has been so so helpful for me during this application process- don't know what I would have done without you guys! :)

Hi guys, what's the average timeline like for UK applicants for those who got it in last 5-6 months?

It has varied. Some its been less than 6 months, others the other side of a year.

If you have applied in recent times, work to the official time they give which is 10-14 months. Then, if it is granted sooner its a bonus but don't sit and expect it early on and then leave yourself up for disappointment and upset if its not a quick grant. If it takes the 10-14 months, you are not sitting stewing its taking too long, its within the given timeframe.

Hi I have been on and off this site for a few years now and found it interesting and at times helpful. I'm in process of applying for Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309). I will get the funds for it on 26th August. and hope submitted on the day.

I will up date this site as I go along.

I'm having a few issues with the immiAccount not verifying my wife as my sponsor. Does anyone know where would be best to get advice on this?

Hi - your sponsor can only do their bit once you have submitted yours. You get a TRN number once you submit, add this to the sponsors application, the immiaccount will link up, then off you go adding documents......and waiting.......?

Edited by Wan2go

INSIGHT REQUIRED PLEASE

Lodge a visa from Canada on Feb 8, 2016 and was asked to complete medical and police back in April. Have not heard anything since and wondering anyone offer insight on likely next step? Do I have to have a chat with CO on phone? I've been told I am low risk and it should be relatively quick, but I just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Thanks!

INSIGHT REQUIRED PLEASE

Lodge a visa from Canada on Feb 8, 2016 and was asked to complete medical and police back in April. Have not heard anything since and wondering anyone offer insight on likely next step? Do I have to have a chat with CO on phone? I've been told I am low risk and it should be relatively quick, but I just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Thanks!

It's just a waiting game I'm afraid. I know it's hard but try to be patient!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree! We should all meet up for a drink once we are there!! It's been great to share this journey with others! The forum has been so hopeful and reassuring x

@CelinaOz @Aprilfool How's the planning coming along?

We aim to complete our house sale on 30th Sept, Mrs H and the Little one fly out on 2nd Oct, I finish work 7th Oct (28 years service), then plan to spend the week sorting out loose ends and plan to fly out mid October. The last 6 weeks has been somewhat of a whirlwind, so much still to do! We both plan to take the rest of the year off, before hitting 2017 full on. Exciting times ! Hope all well...........

I agree! We should all meet up for a drink once we are there!! It's been great to share this journey with others! The forum has been so hopeful and reassuring x

@CelinaOz @Aprilfool How's the planning coming along?

We aim to complete our house sale on 30th Sept, Mrs H and the Little one fly out on 2nd Oct, I finish work 7th Oct (28 years service), then plan to spend the week sorting out loose ends and plan to fly out mid October. The last 6 weeks has been somewhat of a whirlwind, so much still to do! We both plan to take the rest of the year off, before hitting 2017 full on. Exciting times ! Hope all well...........

Wow, not long for you Mark! Super fast timings. We are still waiting to sell our house - been on the market for nearly 4 weeks. My husband may be offered a job in Sydney (we find out in the next couple of days), so we may end up starting our Oz journey there! Exciting times for us all. X