SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Does anyone know the new fee for the spouse visa? it's now $6865, but heard it's going up as of July 2016 :sad:

Heard the same too. Hwoever, went onto the immigration website and you can select the date when you were lodging the visa for the pricing cost. A week ago it said that the estimator could not give a price for partner visas after 1st July, however, I chose a random date in Aug and it now shows as the same cost as this year's visa.

Hi, New poster on this thread. I applied for my 309/100 on 23rd March, and on 3rd June they have requested police check and medical to be underaken within 21 days.I have sent off for police check and medical will be booked on monday. Assuming everything goes to plan and their are no issues with either of the two. Do people usually receive their visa quite soon after the medical and police check have been approved. They asked for no further information in the email sent.

If this is the case, we may also get a very quick visa grant, as we are currently only just over 2 months into our application..

Edited by PomPomBuckley

Hi, New poster on this thread. I applied for my 309/100 on 23rd March, and on 3rd June they have requested police check and medical to be underaken within 21 days.I have sent off for police check and medical will be booked on monday. Assuming everything goes to plan and their are no issues with either of the two. Do people usually receive their visa quite soon after the medical and police check have been approved. They asked for no further information in the email sent.

If this is the case, we may also get a very quick visa grant, as we are currently only just over 2 months into our application..

It all depends on your CO really. Just had a 3 month visa on here but others are taking around 6-7 months and some are 11 months in even with straight forward ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not overly bothered about when visa is granted, preferably before october as thats when we want to leave(provided we can sell house). Would be nice to get it around 3 months, as it might hopefully start a trend of quicker visa grants.

We applied 10/3 and I've sort of got October in mind for our grant so hopefully it all works out! We can't go until next year anyway so it's not really time critical I just want to know we have it! We have a spanner in the works at the minute as we have to try and get a non-migrating dependent medical for my step-son who is 15. He's 'thinking about it' apparently! So we are hoping he will actually agree to it so we can get it sorted!

Good luck with police checks and Medicals x

Hi The Raillys,

We applied for my husbands partner visa yesterday and have just come across your thread. So much to take in!!! I like you wasn't sure if we had to complete all the evidence because we are married. Looks like we'll be uploading more documents. Have you had your partner visa granted yet?

Heard the same too. Hwoever, went onto the immigration website and you can select the date when you were lodging the visa for the pricing cost. A week ago it said that the estimator could not give a price for partner visas after 1st July, however, I chose a random date in Aug and it now shows as the same cost as this year's visa.

where did you hear this, planning to lodge application early July so very concerning?!

Hi The Raillys,

We applied for my husbands partner visa yesterday and have just come across your thread. So much to take in!!! I like you wasn't sure if we had to complete all the evidence because we are married. Looks like we'll be uploading more documents. Have you had your partner visa granted yet?

You have to upload the same evidence regardless of being married or de facto. The only thing extra for being married would be the marriage certificate ;)

where did you hear this, planning to lodge application early July so very concerning?!

This is when they tend to increase the visa fee. No one can honestly know if its going to increase or not. If it does I'd hope it would not be by a large amount as the fee jumped vastly in recent times. I know when I applied it didn't increase by much on July 1 but there was a definite increase.

This is when they tend to increase the visa fee. No one can honestly know if its going to increase or not. If it does I'd hope it would not be by a large amount as the fee jumped vastly in recent times. I know when I applied it didn't increase by much on July 1 but there was a definite increase.

Thanks, easy money for the gov I suppose :mad:

Hi guys!

any idea if the 12-15 time frame is realistic time frame if I am coming from Canada? The women from high commission office said Canada is processed faster than most but who knows if that true.

I applied Feb 8, 2016 and already supplied everything possible and did my medical exam as directed. The women on the phone said wont be much longer but I haven't even spoke to the actual officer on my file! PS - I applied for 309 partner visa (temp PR) then hoping it goes (PR).

Hey Snifter,

I am Canadian and my partner is Australian. We applied from my 309 visa Feb 8 and we have uploaded all necessary documentation. I was also contacted by high commission and told to go do my medical assessment. We have literally uploaded everything possible and now curious how much longer it may take? I spoke with the staff at the high commission and she told me as I am Canadian it will likely be done pretty fast. Not sure if this is true or not - could you offer some guidance?

I lodged my wifes spouse visa in feb and the file was taken in may. I didnot expect that in 3 ,onths . So nvr uploaded anything, well he asked me for only indian pcc .. Submitted that .. Now waiting june 9 28 days over.. How long normally do they take to respond after asked for some docs?

Hi The Raillys,

Hello sorry I missed this.

Yes we are ready to leave the Uk early October. The visit took under 5 months to come through. Very fast was not expecting it, the average on here seems to be 7 and a half months

Yes we are ready to leave the Uk early October. The visit took under 5 months to come through. Very fast was not expecting it, the average on here seems to be 7 and a half months

THATS AWESOME! did you apply de facto partner visa as well? I have already completed medical and police reports. Any insight on what happens now lol?

Wow 5 months, that's so fast. I'm keeping everything crossed that ours will be quick too. Did you submit medicals and police check when you lodged you application or did you wait to be told? Also is your visa application pretty straight forward? My husband and I have been together 22 years and married for 13 years, we also have 2 children. Many thanks

hi guys! quick question, Does it matter if my partner (Australian citizen) goes back to Australia while I am waiting for my 309 visa? We are living together in Canada for last 2 years and here Canada visa will expire some time this year. We have already lodged our partner visa application (309/100) and are just waiting for approval. Does it matter if she goes back to Australia while I am here waiting for confirmation?

Hi all,

Hoping someone could shed some light on the document certification for online applications via immiaccount...

We are submitting spouse online via my immi account. I get the impression only passport, birth certificates and marriage certificates need to be certified and then scanned into the computer to be uploaded onto immi and the rest can just be the original scans. Is assumptions correct?

OR can ALL documents be loaded up as originals if in colour scans?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

Hoping someone could shed some light on the document certification for online applications via immiaccount...

We are submitting spouse online via my immi account. I get the impression only passport, birth certificates and marriage certificates need to be certified and then scanned into the computer to be uploaded onto immi and the rest can just be the original scans. Is assumptions correct?

OR can ALL documents be loaded up as originals if in colour scans?

Thanks in advance!

All of ours were just scanned original

Copies. I haven't uploaded witness statements as we have a 9 year old daughter and have had a mortgage together for 9 years and married for 7 years (together 12) so I don't think they will need witness verification. If they want more from you the CO will ask x