SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Wow, not long for you Mark! Super fast timings. We are still waiting to sell our house - been on the market for nearly 4 weeks. My husband may be offered a job in Sydney (we find out in the next couple of days), so we may end up starting our Oz journey there! Exciting times for us all. X

So so so envious. We submitted 1/2.CO assigned the same time as you BUT I then discovered that I wasn't Australian -I am the sponsor! I took out British citizenship in 1999 and unbeknown to myself, I lost my Ozzie citizenship- I have renewed passports -no trouble but obviously cannot sponsor my husband without Ozzie citizenship. If you thought that applying forthe visa was bad -try resumption of citizenship. You can onlydo it through Canberra- Australia House can't help- Theywont respond or accept any evidence by email; they deny receiving certificates which you resend but then it is held up by Border Control for 3 weeks. Eventually 2 1/2 months after starting the process they agree they have everything they need but it will take another 77 days to process. Why?

When I finally become an Aussie again we can restart visa process. We wanted to go out in October- seems highly unlikely as obv have to sort out our house here!!!!

Wow, not long for you Mark! Super fast timings. We are still waiting to sell our house - been on the market for nearly 4 weeks. My husband may be offered a job in Sydney (we find out in the next couple of days), so we may end up starting our Oz journey there! Exciting times for us all. X

So so so envious. We submitted 1/2.CO assigned the same time as you BUT I then discovered that I wasn't Australian -I am the sponsor! I took out British citizenship in 1999 and unbeknown to myself, I lost my Ozzie citizenship- I have renewed passports -no trouble but obviously cannot sponsor my husband without Ozzie citizenship. If you thought that applying forthe visa was bad -try resumption of citizenship. You can onlydo it through Canberra- Australia House can't help- Theywont respond or accept any evidence by email; they deny receiving certificates which you resend but then it is held up by Border Control for 3 weeks. Eventually 2 1/2 months after starting the process they agree they have everything they need but it will take another 77 days to process. Why?

When I finally become an Aussie again we can restart visa process. We wanted to go out in October- seems highly unlikely as obv have to sort out our house here!!!!

Thats a tough gig, hope everything works out for you!

Oh no, what a mare for you! Sounds like it's a royal pain getting it sorted. Fingers crossed for you it is sorted quickly.

Starting to try and organise the house, have packed a few boxes. was just wondering if we use a move cube and pack everything ourselves is the insurance more expensive than using a container when they pack it all for you. Also if we do go for the container option and we have already packed some of our own boxes is this an issue.

Starting to try and organise the house, have packed a few boxes. was just wondering if we use a move cube and pack everything ourselves is the insurance more expensive than using a container when they pack it all for you. Also if we do go for the container option and we have already packed some of our own boxes is this an issue.

You are probably better asking this sort of thing in the transport and shipping forum.

Hi all, hope you don't think that I'm hijacking here at all!

I applied for my 309/100 on July 18th and yesterday was assigned a CO and requested for some further documents as well as the medical/police checks. This has happened a mere 6 weeks after applying (not sure if considered 'mere' but have read some absolute horror stories about processing times etc!).

Whilst it may still be an absolute age before I get (all being well) approved, me and Mrs are getting very excited that we are moving ever closer to the end-goal of emigrating to QLD. Even though we aren't leaving here in the next 12 months at least, it's still good times!

Hi all, hope you don't think that I'm hijacking here at all!

I applied for my 309/100 on July 18th and yesterday was assigned a CO and requested for some further documents as well as the medical/police checks. This has happened a mere 6 weeks after applying (not sure if considered 'mere' but have read some absolute horror stories about processing times etc!).

Whilst it may still be an absolute age before I get (all being well) approved, me and Mrs are getting very excited that we are moving ever closer to the end-goal of emigrating to QLD. Even though we aren't leaving here in the next 12 months at least, it's still good times!

We applied in March and my 309/100 was granted in 16 weeks! Once I was assigned a CO they asked immediately for medical and police checks. It was granted 2 weeks after. Your visa has to be activated within 12 months of the police check.

Hi, I just read about you losing you Ozzie citizenship. I was born in Australia but moved here when I was 5yrs old does that mean I no longer have my oz citizenship? I have a British passport, my Australian birth certificate and both my parents have duel citizenship. I am wanting to sponser my partner from in the uk and move back over to oz in 2018 but now panicking I'm not even a citizen. Did you just contact Australia house to check?

Hi, I just read about you losing you Ozzie citizenship. I was born in Australia but moved here when I was 5yrs old does that mean I no longer have my oz citizenship? I have a British passport, my Australian birth certificate and both my parents have duel citizenship. I am wanting to sponser my partner from in the uk and move back over to oz in 2018 but now panicking I'm not even a citizen. Did you just contact Australia house to check?

Read this, click on the info links, should help

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Citi/pathways-processes/resume

We applied in March and my 309/100 was granted in 16 weeks! Once I was assigned a CO they asked immediately for medical and police checks. It was granted 2 weeks after. Your visa has to be activated within 12 months of the police check.

Think things have slowed down. Same happened to me but I'm still waiting for the visa....

OMG 820 granted this morning!! So very happy and relieved (despite being genuine etc!), it still makes you paranoid!!

Please note: this is our 2nd stage after a 300 - if it seems incredibly quick, which it is.....6 weeks and all done.....just have to wait 2 more years for PR :wink:

Edited by Wan2go

OMG 820 granted this morning!! So very happy and relieved (despite being genuine etc!), it still makes you paranoid!!

Please note: this is our 2nd stage after a 300 - if it seems incredibly quick, which it is.....6 weeks and all done.....just have to wait 2 more years for PR :wink:

Congratulations.

This stage is often pretty quick to put you onto the partner visa from the 300.

When the PR stage of the partner visa comes round, the wait time could be a lot longer. Be prepared. And make sure you keep all the evidence you'll need to submit between now and then. Have a folder for stuff so you can squirrel it all away on file.

Congratulations.

This stage is often pretty quick to put you onto the partner visa from the 300.

When the PR stage of the partner visa comes round, the wait time could be a lot longer. Be prepared. And make sure you keep all the evidence you'll need to submit between now and then. Have a folder for stuff so you can squirrel it all away on file.

Thanks @snifter. Why break the habit of what feels like a lifetime!! Have been keeping things filed away almost since day 1 (11 years ago), firstly because we are romantic old fools and only much later did we realise it was all 'evidence'......!

Never seen to have read much about second stage following a 300......searched and searched on here but hardly found anything. Hope this will be helpful to others.

Think things have slowed down. Same happened to me but I'm still waiting for the visa....

Backtoback, I'm on similar timings to you, I'm just a couple of weeks behind you:

27/04/16 309 application received

17/06/16 CO assigned

26/06/16 medical uploaded

30/08/16 police check uploaded

Now we're waiting!

Question, some people say that when they had their CO assigned they requested medicals within 21 days. Mine didn't - they did say that I would need to do medicals but didn't state a deadline, from the wording of the email I wasn't 100% sure if they were asking me to do them straight away or not!

Does anyone have any experience of this, I'm wondering if it is a sign that my application will be slower than others?

Backtoback, I'm on similar timings to you, I'm just a couple of weeks behind you:

27/04/16 309 application received

17/06/16 CO assigned

26/06/16 medical uploaded

30/08/16 police check uploaded

Now we're waiting!

Question, some people say that when they had their CO assigned they requested medicals within 21 days. Mine didn't - they did say that I would need to do medicals but didn't state a deadline, from the wording of the email I wasn't 100% sure if they were asking me to do them straight away or not!

Does anyone have any experience of this, I'm wondering if it is a sign that my application will be slower than others?

I had my CO assigned last Wednesday 31st August, and they requested that I did the medical and police check and said that I had 70 days in which to complete and upload them.

I had my CO assigned last Wednesday 31st August, and they requested that I did the medical and police check and said that I had 70 days in which to complete and upload them.

How odd, I didn't get the 70 day deadline either. Maybe just different COs say different things in the email!

JRJones, you were a signed a CO pretty quick, that's great! Hopefully it's a sign of fast movement over there!

Does anyone know the time frame for a 309/100 visa? I've read quite a bit and some have had it in 4 months, others 8-10 months..

Just want to know when we should apply for OH visa. We will be leaving in july 2018, was thinking of applying early next year, Jan/feb 2017.

Don't really want to spend another few grand on a quick trip

It's 3 months to the date when our application was submitted and we received an email from our case officer today stating that the visa is ready to be granted they are just waiting for the authorisation from the central office in Australia. I'm just happy that we can start the ball rolling with the house sale etc but more importantly we can start to get our beloved dog his pet passport.

It's 3 months to the date when our application was submitted and we received an email from our case officer today stating that the visa is ready to be granted they are just waiting for the authorisation from the central office in Australia. I'm just happy that we can start the ball rolling with the house sale etc but more importantly we can start to get our beloved dog his pet passport. ? ?

I think i may have a slow case officer we applied March, have uploaded everything requested and all she said is when she is ready to grant she will contact us to check we are not on shore, as my son starts school in Jan in QLD so we are flying in Jan, Well done for you though you must be really happy x

It's 3 months to the date when our application was submitted and we received an email from our case officer today stating that the visa is ready to be granted they are just waiting for the authorisation from the central office in Australia. I'm just happy that we can start the ball rolling with the house sale etc but more importantly we can start to get our beloved dog his pet passport.

Excellent news Nifa, wish you all the very best!

Does anyone know the time frame for a 309/100 visa? I've read quite a bit and some have had it in 4 months, others 8-10 months..

Just want to know when we should apply for OH visa. We will be leaving in july 2018, was thinking of applying early next year, Jan/feb 2017.

Don't really want to spend another few grand on a quick trip

The official timeframe in the Aus high commission website is still 10-14 months iirc.

Just because some people are getting grants quicker does not mean it's the norm or that will be your experience. Many process still within the official timeframe given still.

If you want to depart July 2018 remember to factor in that your visa validation timeframe clock starts ticking from the date of your medical or police check, whichever is done first. If you apply in Jan/Feb 2017 then it could mean you will have to take a validation trip as you are applying so early. I'd not apply that early if it were me.

I think i may have a slow case officer we applied March, have uploaded everything requested and all she said is when she is ready to grant she will contact us to check we are not on shore, as my son starts school in Jan in QLD so we are flying in Jan, Well done for you though you must be really happy x

Hi Deenickolly, I'm in similar timings to you, well about a month behind you. It seems from this forum the "norm" is about 6/7 months (although I know some people are taking longer and the official timings are 10-14 months), so I'm sure you'll be ok for a January move.

It's great that your CO said you'd have the heads up before they grant. We haven't had any contact with ours since the first email introducing herself as yet.

It seems from what people are saying on here that the really quick applications are people that have been married for 10+ years and have children, is that true of the people on this thread that have had grants in 3ish months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your probably right we are not married so probably not a simple as those who are with kids, its so so hard all the waiting, i know within the time scales etc still but doesn't stop me constantly checking my emails!

Me too, I'm exactly the same and so is my husband who is Aussie and desperate to get home! We're newly married and were defacto when we filed the application so I think not as quick as simple as some.

Hi Deenickolly, I'm in similar timings to you, well about a month behind you. It seems from this forum the "norm" is about 6/7 months (although I know some people are taking longer and the official timings are 10-14 months), so I'm sure you'll be ok for a January move.

It's great that your CO said you'd have the heads up before they grant. We haven't had any contact with ours since the first email introducing herself as yet.

It seems from what people are saying on here that the really quick applications are people that have been married for 10+ years and have children, is that true of the people on this thread that have had grants in 3ish months?

Hi there! We had a quick approval - married 7 years, 2 children.