SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

All of ours were just scanned original

Copies. I haven't uploaded witness statements as we have a 9 year old daughter and have had a mortgage together for 9 years and married for 7 years (together 12) so I don't think they will need witness verification. If they want more from you the CO will ask x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting you say that , we have been married for 5 years and have 2 small children.. I wonder if we will also need have those statements from friends/family witnessed too?

Also, does our personal relationship history statements need to be witnessed?

thanks!

Interesting you say that , we have been married for 5 years and have 2 small children.. I wonder if we will also need have those statements from friends/family witnessed too?

Also, does our personal relationship history statements need to be witnessed?

thanks!

I haven't had ours witnessed and it's not been asked for. I've given them contact details for people to verify on the application. They haven't asked for anything x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I called the Europe service centre this afternoon and thought I would share what they told me incase anyone else would like to know.

He said that if uploading online there is NO need to certify any of the documents. The friends and family statements don't need to be witnessed just signed with a copy of their ID. The relationship history statement only needs to be signed and dated by the author.

Phew, a lot easier than expected! Hope this helps anyone else needing clarification... Always worth giving the centre a call though to put your mind at ease :)

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I called the Europe service centre this afternoon and thought I would share what they told me incase anyone else would like to know.

He said that if uploading online there is NO need to certify any of the documents. The friends and family statements don't need to be witnessed just signed with a copy of their ID. The relationship history statement only needs to be signed and dated by the author.

Phew, a lot easier than expected! Hope this helps anyone else needing clarification... Always worth giving the centre a call though to put your mind at ease :)

Thanks for clarifying that, we're about to put in our app and was going to spend quite a lot on solicitor fees witnessing docs! Odd that the it states in the checklist that all copies of docs need to be certified, must mean if applying by post?!

We didn't have ours certified either. We have been together for 22 years and have 2 children so we haven't submitted any statements. I have uploaded photos of when we first met, holidays with friends, our wedding etc. Hoping to hear from a case officer soon, keeping everything crossed as I expect a lot more applications will be submitted due to the UK leaving Europe.

I can only assume so... yes I was very confused by it after hearing other people had no docs certified and some saying they only certified some docs... Well the guy at the Europe service centre said no need to certify any.. I've uploaded all my docs now, so here goes!

We didn't have ours certified either. We have been together for 22 years and have 2 children so we haven't submitted any statements. I have uploaded photos of when we first met, holidays with friends, our wedding etc. Hoping to hear from a case officer soon, keeping everything crossed as I expect a lot more applications will be submitted due to the UK leaving Europe.

Its my understanding 2 statements from others are included in an application. There is a checklist of evidence they require to be submitted and things on it should be included. Length of time together doesn't matter.

I can only assume so... yes I was very confused by it after hearing other people had no docs certified and some saying they only certified some docs... Well the guy at the Europe service centre said no need to certify any.. I've uploaded all my docs now, so here goes!

Good luck, keep us updated!

Just in case you hadn't heard, I checked with Australia House today and Visa fee going up to £3855 from Friday 1st July.

That's no change surely, it's $6,865 at present which works out about the same, even with recent fluctuations taken into account!

That's no change surely, it's $6,865 at present which works out about the same, even with recent fluctuations taken into account!

Well that's just confusing, as the lady at Australia house in London told me this morning (when I rang to query something else) that if I apply before 30 June, it will be £3390 and if I apply after 1st July, it will be £3855!!

Maybe she got it wrong then?!

After having a request for further info from Case Officer (Nxxxx) a week ago I've received my invitation for medical and police check today :) Anyone have any experience of the Spire Little Aston hospital at Sutton Coldfield...costs etc? My 16 yr old daughter also been asked to undergo medical even though she's not emigrating with me...is this usual?

Thanks in advance!

Application rec'd: 7.4.2016 300PMV

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed CO's name

After having a request for further info from Case Officer (Nxxxx) a week ago I've received my invitation for medical and police check today :) Anyone have any experience of the Spire Little Aston hospital at Sutton Coldfield...costs etc? My 16 yr old daughter also been asked to undergo medical even though she's not emigrating with me...is this usual?

Thanks in advance!

Application rec'd: 7.4.2016 300PMV

Yes, non-migrating dependents must complete medical checks. Also FYI - we don't allow publication of CO names, just initials please.