SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Goodluck becwortho for the rest of the week we seem to have lucked out this week co not in now until monday. Maybe lucky Monday!

Thanks Cozy! We've not heard anything yet. Who is your CO and how do you know they are off until Monday?? Ours is DP.

The OH just suggested offering a carton of extra dry in a non bribey way haha. I think he'll fit it alright!!

Should be Monday as co doesnt work Thursday or Friday. Im so glad for you they did it for you to fly thats really good. We are waiting to fly 13th November at the latest as sisters engagement party is the 16th and we have missed enough over the years. Fingers crossed for next week.

Hapoy packing and safe journey x

Yes nothing persnl but living in UK is not living! Im the aussie in the relationship n i have to say dont know if i couldve lived my life in UK! I was gettin very very depressed after bein here for under 2 years - 6 years for you wow you deserve more than a medal. One thing - we really learn to appreciate Austraia a hell of a lot more now hey!

Congrats Lozza! Fingers crossed for us next week Coxy!!

I can relate, I have seen my Parents but not my brothers and sister or any of my other relatives in 5 years, my flights are book for 5 years to the day I arrived in the UK!!

I have had so many great experiences here, I've had the opportunity to travel and build a career and experience so much but the homesickness has won out!! I miss my family!!

The OH is equally excited tho as he sees this as a new chapter and an opportunity to change career and build a better life for ourselves!!

But this waiting whole process has been a rollercoaster!! I want the grant so I can get off!! Haha :tongue:

Good morning one and all,

I am new to this forum but have been reading it for the last 6 months or so as i have applied for a subclass 309 visa. I applied on the 19th feb, all medicals done, police checks done, no probs with application and just waiting. We are now in our 9th month and am hoping that my visa is here soon so me and my partner can fly out by the end of the year. I suppose my question is 2 fold, one, has anyone else applied around this time and got their visa? our case officer is DP? secondly, some people have mentioned that they sent an email to their CO and this helped speed up the process, how did you email them? via the website? or replying to the email they originally send?

Look forward to your responses...

Matt19811981;1936625766]Good morning one and all,

I am new to this forum but have been reading it for the last 6 months or so as i have applied for a subclass 309 visa. I applied on the 19th feb, all medicals done, police checks done, no probs with application and just waiting. We are now in our 9th month and am hoping that my visa is here soon so me and my partner can fly out by the end of the year. I suppose my question is 2 fold, one, has anyone else applied around this time and got their visa? our case officer is DP? secondly, some people have mentioned that they sent an email to their CO and this helped speed up the process, how did you email them? via the website? or replying to the email they originally send?

Hi Matt!!

Coxy1804 and I both applied on February 10th, we are still waiting for our grants.

My CO Is DP also, we emailed him around a month ago by replying to one of the emsils he had sent us and recieved a reply 2 days later. You can try emailing him for an update, my OH and I are trying not too as he pretty much gave us the go ahead to book flights for december 1st so we are just trying to be patient, whilst checking his email 10 times a day lol!!

Fingers crossed we all get some good news this week!!

Yes nothing persnl but living in UK is not living! Im the aussie in the relationship n i have to say dont know if i couldve lived my life in UK! I was gettin very very depressed after bein here for under 2 years - 6 years for you wow you deserve more than a medal. One thing - we really learn to appreciate Austraia a hell of a lot more now hey!

I think it just comes down to the person. I'm married to an Aussie and he spent 8 very happy years living in the UK and would have been more than happy to be there longer. He didn't miss Australia in the least, only visited once the entire time he was gone. Our move back here was instigated by me really, wanting our son to know Aus and his family here for a few years at least. Hubby was happy to come home but would have been just as happy to stay as was very settled and content.

Good morning one and all,

If your CO sent an email when you lodged, I'd reply to that email addy. It may be their direct one although these days they are not giving that out to people, but listing a general contact email addy instead that others deal with. Anything urgent is passed on to the CO, anything non urgent like an email enquiring about visa grant sometime soon is not, you'll most likely get the '8-9 months' timeframe quoted.

Thank you kindly for your response Bec and its good to know there are a couple of people in the same boat. I will probably send over a quick email as i'm sure the confirmation is just round the corner, just very eager to book flights after Xmas. I know the feeling though, i check my emails constantly and when the email does pop up in my inbox, i will definitely be celebrating :)

Matt19811981;1936625766]Good morning one and all,

Hi Matt!!

Coxy1804 and I both applied on February 10th, we are still waiting for our grants.

My CO Is DP also, we emailed him around a month ago by replying to one of the emsils he had sent us and recieved a reply 2 days later. You can try emailing him for an update, my OH and I are trying not too as he pretty much gave us the go ahead to book flights for december 1st so we are just trying to be patient, whilst checking his email 10 times a day lol!!

Fingers crossed we all get some good news this week!!

Hi all,

I'm happy to finally be at the 8 month mark, Not long now for the February applications.

Hi there

Applied for the wife's subclass 309/100 visa on the 13th of October via the post. We submitted a cheque with the application as our payment method. My question is when should we expect to hear acknowledgment that we have lodged the application?

Thanks

Consider it lodged. It was signed for on delivery I take it? It may take a fair few weeks before you hear anything from a CO.

Hi there

Applied for the wife's subclass 309/100 visa on the 13th of October via the post. We submitted a cheque with the application as our payment method. My question is when should we expect to hear acknowledgment that we have lodged the application?

Thanks

It took about 8 weeks for acknowledgement for me. I applied in April. The money was taken straight away (we paid via credit card) but we heard nothing until our CO was assigned.

They'll have cashed the cheque sharpish I would think, so when that money leaves your account you will know you are all good.

Hi there

Thanks

It was about 7 weeks for us b4 CO made contact. If you look, most people on this forum have their major milestones in their signature - that should give you an idea of timescales. (If you look for people who applied after June 14 as the processing times seemed to change with the new (Australian) financial year).

yeah it was signed for on the 14th but then oddly it was signed by a different person again yesterday

The clock starts ticking from then, not from when your CO makes first contact. The new wait time is 10-14 months so they don't hurry to get in touch.