SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi, I'm not sure how to start a thread, but do you or anyone on here know whether I get a 600 or 651 visa if I want to visit my fiancé and stay on while I wait for my fiancé visa to be processed.... Both seem to be the same but there must be a difference?!

Many thanks!

Oh cool were abouts?? I fly the 22nd on me own aswell :( not looking forward to that ha x

hey cool, to be honest we have no idea, going to head for Tweed heads, Coolengatta area and have a week on holiday just chilling out. Then i will start looking for a job, depending on where the job is and what suberb we like then we will look for long term rental. Which ever way the wind blows, i left when i was 5 and we used to live in Paddington.

I now have my visa! Went straight to the 100 :)

If useful for those that make the move to Australia before grant, summary of what I experienced over the past week was:

- Email received last Wednesday (1/10) from my case officer (KP) saying my visa ready for grant, that needed to leave Australia before it can be issued, and to provide details of my trip to leave Australia (flight number, departure date and time etc). Clear message from case officer that need to leave Australia for a minimum of 3 working days.

- Booked a flight to NZ and emailed trip details to my case officer the next day (2/10)

- Had a reply email within 24 hours saying my visa would be granted on 7/10

- Flew to NZ 6/10

- Had email confirmation of 100 visa issue yesterday

- Drinks to celebrate :)

Flying back to Melbourne tomorrow morning.

So....took a total of 8 months and 24 days from application to grant, although if had stayed in UK until issued would have been 8 months and 17 days.

Good luck to everyone waiting - it's worth the wait!

Thats good to hear, I am currently in Newcastle NSW and currently on 8 months and 4 days I am hoping that next week is my week! Can't wait to start work and earn some money as the last two months here although its been great with my fiance has eaten into my savings and my job is waiting !! Well done on the grant :-)

8 months and 8 days and no sign of a grant yet :confused:

I hope it comes through soon for you. :-). I'm not sure if this applies to all CO's, but mine told me some time ago that he only works on spouse visas on a Thursday and Friday, and that the remainder of his time is spent processing other visa categories. Does this apply to anyone else's CO?

I now have my visa! Went straight to the 100 :)

If useful for those that make the move to Australia before grant, summary of what I experienced over the past week was:

- Email received last Wednesday (1/10) from my case officer (KP) saying my visa ready for grant, that needed to leave Australia before it can be issued, and to provide details of my trip to leave Australia (flight number, departure date and time etc). Clear message from case officer that need to leave Australia for a minimum of 3 working days.

- Booked a flight to NZ and emailed trip details to my case officer the next day (2/10)

- Had a reply email within 24 hours saying my visa would be granted on 7/10

- Flew to NZ 6/10

- Had email confirmation of 100 visa issue yesterday

- Drinks to celebrate :)

Flying back to Melbourne tomorrow morning.

So....took a total of 8 months and 24 days from application to grant, although if had stayed in UK until issued would have been 8 months and 17 days.

Good luck to everyone waiting - it's worth the wait!

Congratulations! :) Thanks for posting that bit of information there- my partner and I are flying to Perth on Tuesday next week and our migration agent really wasn't very clear on how things go when the visa is about to be granted. Have a safe flight back and enjoy your life in Australia!! :)

my god i'm getting to scared to look :( having bad day need some good news

omg just got it!!!!!!!!!! Also got both a 309, then the 100 by email. Can't believe it and was 8 months and 9 days guys, so goodluck to all of you and hope you get yours very very soon xxx

Edited by barleysuga