SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Carly not mine yet it was for mjmayo ... soon very soon I hope

Today marks 8 months for us coxy1804... We are so close!!

I am hoping for a sooner rather than later grant but I emailed our CO a few weeks back informing him that we are booking flights for Dec 1st (and asking if he could forsee any problems with this). The reply we received was that he intends on granting the visa in November, which I took as a green light to go ahead with flights.

It is a relief to know that it's coming at least!!

Congrats to everyone who has received their grants and those of you at the 9 month mark.. fingers crossed that your CO's pull theirs out!!

Cant believe it!....after all the worry yesterday I got an e-mail telling me to leave Australia as they are about to grant! Have to notify them of when and where my flight takes off and then have to be away for 3 working days....worth the wait and I start the new job the following Monday!!...congrats to all the grantees I hope its another good week next week for everyone !!!! :-)

Lodged my application (De facto partner visa) in mid-June and heard absolutely nothing until just the other day, finally! It took a full four months but we've finally been assigned a case officer and told that we don't need to submit any further paperwork. (We frontloaded it by getting the medical checks and police check stuff sorted early, though now I wonder if that was a mistake).

They tell us two contradictory things -- the covering letter they sent says they'll take 8-9 months from our June 2014 submission date, but the general FAQ they've sent says it could take up to 14 months. Not sure which one to believe! But at least something is fiiiinally moving :laugh:

-- futuremelbs

Lodged my application (De facto partner visa) in mid-June and heard absolutely nothing until just the other day, finally! It took a full four months but we've finally been assigned a case officer and told that we don't need to submit any further paperwork. (We frontloaded it by getting the medical checks and police check stuff sorted early, though now I wonder if that was a mistake).

They tell us two contradictory things -- the covering letter they sent says they'll take 8-9 months from our June 2014 submission date, but the general FAQ they've sent says it could take up to 14 months. Not sure which one to believe! But at least something is fiiiinally moving :laugh:

-- futuremelbs

Hmm, I am trying to recall when the new wait time kicked in. If it was July or later then you are on course for 8-9 months having lodged in June. Be aware this won't leave you long to validate as the clock on that starts ticking from your date of police check or medical, whichever is first. Generally you are meant to wait till asked by your CO to undertake and provide those, usually about 3 months in on the 8-9 month wait. If it is the 10-14 months they are not to be done till about 6 months after lodging else they will most likely expire or only leave a very short timeframe to validate. They prefer to grant with at least 6 months in which to validate, hence not front loading meds and police check.

Cant believe it!....after all the worry yesterday I got an e-mail telling me to leave Australia as they are about to grant! Have to notify them of when and where my flight takes off and then have to be away for 3 working days....worth the wait and I start the new job the following Monday!!...congrats to all the grantees I hope its another good week next week for everyone !!!! :-)

Congrats :) enjoy your new life in newy

Good Afternoon

I was wondering if people could advise me on the following , I can see you are all have applied for the 309 visa and this is roughly taken 8/10 mths, is it taken the same length of time if there are children on the visa application as well ( I have 2 step children) ?

Has anyone got the straight 100 visa as this can be given from the start ?

Also medicals and police checks are only valid for a period of one year & you must have entered Australia before the earliest one expires, The people that have been granted in the last few weeks what date have you been given to arrive in Australia.??

Edited by snowy510

I dont have step kids so not sure if it will makes difference. Yes alot have got a 100 straight away if married and have children for several years. Thats what we are hoping for any day now.

Our co has advised we have to enter before ours expires in jan or we could apply for another and let her know.

Sorry not much help hoping someone will reply to you soon with answers

Good Afternoon

I was wondering if people could advise me on the following , I can see you are all have applied for the 309 visa and this is roughly taken 8/10 mths, is it taken the same length of time if there are children on the visa application as well ( I have 2 step children) ?

Has anyone got the straight 100 visa as this can be given from the start ?

Also medicals and police checks are only valid for a period of one year & you must have entered Australia before the earliest one expires, The people that have been granted in the last few weeks what date have you been given to arrive in Australia.??

The 8-9 month processing time is for applicants who lodged before a certain cut off date this year. New applications it is a 10-14 month time frame.

Medicals and police check for the 8-9 month processing are requested to be undertaken about 3 months after lodging. For the 10-14 month timeframe it appears to be around the 6-7 month mark the CO's are asking for these. This ensures about a 6 month window in which to validate your visa once granted, sometimes longer depending on how far into the 10-14 months you get your grant.

100 visas are given if the applicant meets the criteria. This is a certain time with partner and/or having children together (again with a certain timeframe but not as much iirc). Your CO will assess. TBH even if you get the temporary one, the PR that follows a couple of years later once in Aus is a formality providing you are still together and supply the CO with the info to support this etc.

I am a little confused by the step children aspect. Are you the applicant or sponsor? If you are the sponsor, then the applicant is the parent of your step children, is that right? Has leave to remove been obtained from the other parent (if able) to be able to include the children on the application and migrate? This would be the only thing I can think of that would hold it up, if legal permission for the children to be taken out of the country was not given by the other parent. Have you lodged yet?

The only other thing I would say is whichever of you is the Aussie and you don't have it already but meet the requirements, get UK citizenship before you leave. Migrating back to the UK with an Aussie partner is incredibly difficult these days and the strict requirements are preventing many couples from returning to the UK to live, even temporarily. Indefinite leave to remain lapses after a period of time residing out of the UK and gaining a RRV is nigh on impossible.

Edited by Guest
typo

Does anybody know if I'm likely to get extended baggage allowance on a 309 visa? Flying with Singapore Airlines. Have spoken to someone on telephone but they just gave the standard company line "single way flight, first time entry on visa, visa allows unlimited stay". My visa states "Until notified that subclass 100 has been decided or the

application is withdrawn" under stay period.

Emailed and got similar response saying if I show my visa at check-in extended baggage allowance will be given if it meets guidelines. Don't want to risk being rejected at airport and was hoping to get written confirmation beforehand. My family will be there so can always leave extra baggage with them to send on I suppose. Thanks in advance for your help :)

Hi there @NaomiSimone

A late reply but I've been enjoying my new life in Oz too much to keep up to date with the forum :P

I got extra luggage, an additional 10kg, when flying to Oz with Singapore Airlines last month (2h stopover in Singapore, luggage checked through).

(I'm on a 309 visa too.)

I had email printouts and still had to explain quite a bit at the airport but eventually got the 10kg (and a bit extra, they weren't that fussy with a couple of extra kilos on top...).

The condition I was given was that the visa had to be unvalidated (i.e. first entry into Australia on this visa). Also, only I got 10kg extra - my partner didn't as it only applies to the visa holder, not anyone travelling with them.

Hope that helps :)

Hi there @NaomiSimone

A late reply but I've been enjoying my new life in Oz too much to keep up to date with the forum :P

I got extra luggage, an additional 10kg, when flying to Oz with Singapore Airlines last month (2h stopover in Singapore, luggage checked through).

(I'm on a 309 visa too.)

I had email printouts and still had to explain quite a bit at the airport but eventually got the 10kg (and a bit extra, they weren't that fussy with a couple of extra kilos on top...).

The condition I was given was that the visa had to be unvalidated (i.e. first entry into Australia on this visa). Also, only I got 10kg extra - my partner didn't as it only applies to the visa holder, not anyone travelling with them.

Hope that helps :)

FWIW to anyone else on a partner visa, be aware Singapore airlines generally only offer the migrant allowance only to the person or persons holding the visa. Their policy is to allow an extra 10kg for a full fare (not a child fare that I am aware of, think that might get 5 if they are on the visa) so long as its a permanent unvalidated visa. Temp partner visa only occasionally is accepted (they don't offer the migrant allowance on any temp visas generally, not just the temp partner visa) and often then they may give only an extra few kilos. Worth mentioning that since Singapore Airlines upped their standard luggage allowance to 30kg per person they appear to have been much stricter on the 10kg excess and on not handing out an extra 5kg to temp visa holders as a sign of goodwill. They only used to run at 20kg as standard until more recently so that extra 10kgs everyone gets is a big increase. And more than if you'd only had 20kg and got given an extra 5kg.

Suggest people don't chance it pitching up at the airport with excess baggage without clearing it in advance. Especially if you are on a 309 not the 100.

Best course of action if you wish to fly with them is book flights then email their service desk with your flight details, visa grant letter that states your visa type and its being permanent and ask for the migrant allowance as its PR. You should then get a reply stating your 10kg excess for that person. Print it off and carry it with you when you fly. It may be verified at check in. They should not refuse it if you have this email and a copy of your visa grant notice where it states its a PR visa.