SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Long time reader and also patiently waiting for Hubby's spouse visa (lodged in May '14) just wondering how people are getting in touch with their CO from the online immiaccount?

He he sent us am email initially with the standard waiting time etc but it just directs me to the general contact email on the border website...

Just wondering ahead for when we reach the 8/9 month mark so I can send him a friendly reminder email! :)

also so is the visa electronic? We are hoping to be saying goodbye to family in South Africa at the time the grant is due... Is this ok or do we need to be in london?

With recent applications CO are generally not giving out their direct email these days. It seems to be a general email contact that is dealt with by a team and if deemed urgent will be directed to the CO to deal with. Emailing asking about the status of an application is not urgent.

I am one of those that goes with leave your CO alone. They contact you if they need to, otherwise, let them alone. Or else email the general enquiries email as directed.

And yes, visa is electronic. If you applied offshore so long as you are off shore at grant it's fine.

If the information on my medical information letter is correct then I am being considered for 100 straight off without any asking for it.

I also saw the bit about not needing to be off-shore when 100 is granted and sent a query on London contact form to get clarification. Sadly all I got was a standard reply saying that there is no visa designed to allow one to be in Australia waiting for a partner visa, and no clarification of my actual question. I would also be grateful to know if one can be in Australia on tourist visa and then go straight to PR when 100 is granted without needing an off-short trip.

I suspect that the wording on the website refers to the 309/100 route, so if you were off-shore when 309 was granted then no need to go off-shore again when 100 is granted in its place after the 2 year period. My guess is that if one is granted a 100 straight off that will still require one to be off-shore when it is granted. I would be happy to be proved wrong on this if someone gets a specific clarification from their CO.

You understand it correctly.

No being on a tourist visa and staying onshore if granted the 100 and skipping the temp 2 year part.

You apply for both as such when you lodge and if you meet the requirements to be granted PR from the off (X amount of years with partner and/or children together with a timeframe) you get put in the straight to PR pile so skipping the temp part. Everyone else gets the temp partner visa. It's only when the temp partner visa ends and you make that application for the PR 100 section you can remain onshore for the 100 to be granted.

An off shore application for the 309/100 visa means that for the initial grant of either one granted you have to be offshore regardless.

Hello Forum!

I've been lurking in the outer for some time as we prepare to complete OH's 309 application. Really appreciate everyone who takes the time to post here, it certainly helps make things feel less daunting just reading about your experiences.

Cheers and good luck to you all!

Mirella

Hi Mirella,

All the very best with your application.

I'm a fellow 'Edinburger' too!

hi were new to this we applied on august 29th 2014 CO assigned 8th septemeber now waiting. medicals and police check due febuary 2015. 10-14 months waiting. hopefully be 12 months as husband has to be in oz by 29th august for his visa. thinking of applying for evisitor visa if ours not come back so can go out together

Alavington your next on my list any news yet? Hoping your s comes through this week.

Looks as though we're getting close to the end of the January applications. Hopefully we will see more by the end of the week :-).

Anyone else waiting for the February grants to come through?

Alavington your next on my list any news yet? Hoping your s comes through this week.

I'm (im)patiently waiting still! I emailed the contact centre on Monday to try and find out if I need to change the address on my application (we've moved into temp accommodation prior to the big move) and am hoping to hear back today. Maybe this will act as the prod needed to give me the grant!

I'm (im)patiently waiting still! I emailed the contact centre on Monday to try and find out if I need to change the address on my application (we've moved into temp accommodation prior to the big move) and am hoping to hear back today. Maybe this will act as the prod needed to give me the grant!

I emailed my CO on Monday also, my partner (the applicant) has limited access to his emails at the moment, so i asked the CO if she could please also include me on any emails (wishful thinking that we'll hear sooner rather than later!). I still haven't had a response, and i'm convincing myself that no news is good news...

Looks as though we're getting close to the end of the January applications. Hopefully we will see more by the end of the week :-).

Anyone else waiting for the February grants to come through?

I'm waiting for the February applications to come through, just like the rest I'm hoping for sooner rather than later.

tj1987 we launched the same day! Loving that the Jan approvals are coming in and congratulations! We are moving out of our flat a week sat then heading off on our honeymoon then landing in Aus 24th Nov... right on the 9 month mark... really hoping for our grant before then!

Wishing all visa waiters the best xx

i got my prospective marriage visa granted today :-) wooohoooooooo

have to say my migration agents IAN HARROP & ASSOCIATES were great

took just over 8 months, i lodged on jan 27th....

good luck to everyone on here, i know what its like waiting..enjoy your new lves everyone and best of luck !!!!!!!!

i got my prospective marriage visa granted today :-) wooohoooooooo

have to say my migration agents IAN HARROP & ASSOCIATES were great

took just over 8 months, i lodged on jan 27th....

good luck to everyone on here, i know what its like waiting..enjoy your new lves everyone and best of luck !!!!!!!!

Congrats! Fingers crossed that means mine comes through tomorrow!

Congrats! Fingers crossed that means mine comes through tomorrow!

Looks like I was slightly too eager writing that last post - got an email 30min later saying the visa (sub 100) has been approved!!

So that was 8months and 4days!!!

On a side note, I used Visa Bureau in Fulham. They (and in particular Caroline) have been awesome!!

Good luck to everyone else waiting!!!!

Looks like I was slightly too eager writing that last post - got an email 30min later saying the visa (sub 100) has been approved!!

So that was 8months and 4days!!!

On a side note, I used Visa Bureau in Fulham. They (and in particular Caroline) have been awesome!!

Good luck to everyone else waiting!!!!

Great news, congrats :-). Come on February approvals :-)

Changed our wedding date to end of February now as the end of Sept was just not practical, hopefully a quick e-mail to say the date has changed might just get this early February lodged application the green light!!.... you never know but at least the weather here in Newcastle is well good !!...congrats to all those grantees this week looks like just over the 8 month mark is the norm so fingers crossed next week !!!