SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi All.

I am a long time reader, first time contributor.

Our application for the 100 visa for my fiancé was received on December 31st 2013.

We are currently sitting at 8 months 19 days.

I think we are a straight forward case and have not been asked to provide additional information.

Our case officer is KP.

We have been living apart since our application began and the waiting is taking it's toll.

I think for me this forum may have provided unrealistic expectations of processing times. We advised our case officer that the applicant would be out of Australia around the 7.5 month mark, thinking the CO might grant us early. Unfortunately this was not the case.

Its frustrating seeing people from "higher risk" areas having visas processed before ours. However it looks as though applicants applying in the UK will be waiting longer and longer, especially given the updates to 10-14months.

Hopegully we we won't have to wait too much longer :)

Just a quick query about the pmv. Someone on here has said they provided financial info with there application. I didn't do this. My case officer has said she has all she needs and my visa will be granted at the 8-9 month mark. It's just got me worried that I didn't provide any financial information with my application. Should I have done? I no that it's isn't even a requirement for the sponsor to be employed so it didn't worry me at the time.

Just a quick query about the pmv. Someone on here has said they provided financial info with there application. I didn't do this. My case officer has said she has all she needs and my visa will be granted at the 8-9 month mark. It's just got me worried that I didn't provide any financial information with my application. Should I have done? I no that it's isn't even a requirement for the sponsor to be employed so it didn't worry me at the time.

Stop worrying :)

I rang the Consulate to confirm whether we needed to provide bank statements etc as I was concerned that the fact I have been a stay at home mum for the last 2 years may go against us as I am the sponsor. They confirmed that it would not go against me and that applicants 'no longer' needed to provide any financial details, so I assume you used to have to provide it but no longer do.

On a similar note does anyone know if we need to show proof of funds on entry? We are using some money I inherited from my grandmothers estate to set ourselves up when we arrive but I have given this to my dad for safekeeping as we are terrible spenders, just wondering whether I need him to transfer this back to me.

On a similar note does anyone know if we need to show proof of funds on entry? We are using some money I inherited from my grandmothers estate to set ourselves up when we arrive but I have given this to my dad for safekeeping as we are terrible spenders, just wondering whether I need him to transfer this back to me.

No you don't.

I rang the Consulate to confirm whether we needed to provide bank statements etc as I was concerned that the fact I have been a stay at home mum for the last 2 years may go against us as I am the sponsor. They confirmed that it would not go against me and that applicants 'no longer' needed to provide any financial details, so I assume you used to have to provide it but no longer do.

Thank you :) I can stop worrying now lol

Congratz to all people granted....DownUndergirl what type of tickets are those? Are they very dear? 6 months 3 weeks and 4 days since I applied and counting.....

We booked ours with a travel agent (much easier than online as we also wanted a stopover in Singapore en route!) and basically told her we needed a ticket which would allow us to change the date (for a fee) if need be, plus the approximate amount we'd seen flights for. It was a little pricier than just a straight one-way flight booked online but it means a) we can change date if we need and b) we get 3 days in Singapore. Tip: With Singapore Airlines, you get 30kg checked luggage each, plus hand luggage.

We booked ours with a travel agent (much easier than online as we also wanted a stopover in Singapore en route!) and basically told her we needed a ticket which would allow us to change the date (for a fee) if need be, plus the approximate amount we'd seen flights for. It was a little pricier than just a straight one-way flight booked online but it means a) we can change date if we need and b) we get 3 days in Singapore. Tip: With Singapore Airlines, you get 30kg checked luggage each, plus hand luggage.

It's so much more real once you have bought the tickets isn't it ;) We ended up booking ours over the phone with Singapore Airlines as we wanted to stop over for 4 days also, online it was only giving me the more expensive fully flexible option if we wanted a stopover. Also we wanted specifically to fly on the A380 as there is 4 of us and we wanted to sit together. Our fare with the stopover actually ended up being about £30 cheaper than the cheapest online flights (with a 1 hour layover) which was odd but I'm not complaining. The visa holder can get 40kg of luggage but they said you had to show an unstamped visa so as ours are electronic I'm not clear on how that works.

Hi

I applied last Wednesday for the PMV, now begins the long wait :hug: I have read that they usually take the money straight away but as yet no sign on my CCard, Fiancé is already stressing.

I paid by bank draft so I'm not sure but I did ring the general number a few days later to confirm receipt as with a bank draft the funds went out of my account as soon as the bank drew up the draft so there was no way to tell it's been received. If you are worried give them a call.

Hi

I applied last Wednesday for the PMV, now begins the long wait :hug: I have read that they usually take the money straight away but as yet no sign on my CCard, Fiancé is already stressing.

Patience ... its a long wait ... the clock starts ticking when they receive the Visa application and they dont take the money immediately ;) Good Luck :)

Edited by TP1

I will be applying for my spouse's partner visa in December.

Is it possible to apply ONLINE without contacting the local Australian High Commission. I want to avoid local Australian High Commision to avoid paper application.

You should be able to do everything through the ImmiAccount:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/immiaccount.aspx

Hi Logged hubby spouse visa on - Date 30th Jan, CO assigned 27th Feb - VF, Penal requested 29th April, medical done same time as submitting online, was told 8-9 months. Enquired about Visitor Visa on 27th Aug and was passed to general enquiry at Immigration. So end of 9 months would be in 5 weeks time. Have given notice to quit at work and house, going to go as soon as holiday visitor visa comes and will exit country for 3 days as requested. BUT Just want to Visa to come now!! so much hanging in the balance and didn't want to wait for the visa to come before giving notice on everything as we don't want to fly out at Christmas. Praying the visa comes soon, has anyone else got theirs yet with similar lodgement date?

Ours is 10th Feb so 9 months on 19th Nov same as you we don't want to go close to Xmas but we are hoping to leave 13th Nov going to book last minute. I am keeping eye on approvals have only seen 1 Jan approval so far and that was postal. As soon as I see approvals for mid Jan we are going to give notice and then wait at a friends if it goes over the 9 months.

Hopefully it will be sooner

Love it, so i am not the only mad gambler out there. I just can't sit here doing nothing, my husband thinks i shouldn't have gone ahead with everything and waited but i feel that is a further 2 months wasted. So hoping and praying that visa comes by the 31st Oct. Would love to hear from anyone else with similar dates, and many thanks coxy fingers crossed for you too x

Hi All.

I am a long time reader, first time contributor.

Our application for the 100 visa for my fiancé was received on December 31st 2013.

We are currently sitting at 8 months 19 days.

I think we are a straight forward case and have not been asked to provide additional information.

Our case officer is KP.

We have been living apart since our application began and the waiting is taking it's toll.

I think for me this forum may have provided unrealistic expectations of processing times. We advised our case officer that the applicant would be out of Australia around the 7.5 month mark, thinking the CO might grant us early. Unfortunately this was not the case.

Its frustrating seeing people from "higher risk" areas having visas processed before ours. However it looks as though applicants applying in the UK will be waiting longer and longer, especially given the updates to 10-14months.

Hopegully we we won't have to wait too much longer :)

I hope you get it really soon! Fingers crossed for you! The waiting is so difficult!! Keep us posted.

I cant think about my Tara's as i well up every time, just even thinking about it!! Again same just want to pack my suitcase and head for the airport, and will go which ever way the wind takes us when we get there. I have my 4 kids with me and we all got Oz passports as i got theirs through citizenship by descent as i was born there so just my husbands Visa holding us all back!! your 15 days a head of me so i want you to get yours now just as much as i want mine lol

Am i heartless,,im excited to say bye lol,,my oh went over 16 months ago so ive not seen him since in person anyway so he is all im thinking off,,ill probably be upset when it actually comes to it but for now i just wanna get there!! Hopefully itll be here in next few weeks keeping everything crossed for everyone lol