SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Part time that sux when are they back in the office?

She does half days Monday & Tuesday, a whole day Wednesday, then has a nice long weekend! Not cool....

I do remember someone on here saying that the case officer being part time doesn't affect grant times, but surely it would?

She does half days Monday & Tuesday, a whole day Wednesday, then has a nice long weekend! Not cool....

I do remember someone on here saying that the case officer being part time doesn't affect grant times, but surely it would?

I have the same CO. I'm keen to she how your grant goes.

good luck!

Hi everyone,

Been following this thread recently as we seem to be in the same boat as a lot of the most recent posts.

Reading this thread has been of great comfort and reassurance so thanks to all the posters! (but the waiting still sucks!)

We applied on March 6th, money taken the next day.

Case officer is SD

The plan was to move to OZ this year, happy to wait till early next year and haven't booked any tickets as we are quite flexible with our jobs, accommodation and timings (although I'd like to get a full OZ Summer...)

Hoping the recent trend of just over 8 months for approval contiues!

VF, and i submitted on 31st Jan. I am not worried but would be lovely to get, we are 3 weeks away from flying and would save us having to fly out to New Zealand.

We're VF as well, applied Jan 29...the wait is killing me!! Fingers crossed we both hear today!

Please please please that would be awesome, i have started packing already - need to ditch some more clothes as i can't fit everything in :cry:

I have to stop myself from checking my emails every 10mins...I'm impatient at the best of times haha!!

Hi guys, does anyone have VA as co?

We had VA as our CO and she was pretty decent. She was nice in all of her email correspondence with us. It sometimes took a few days to hear back from her but I figured that was pretty standard with government departments so didnt get too upset. We heard at 8 months 25 days and even though we had hoped for early approval (partner had a job offer pending visa approval) she was quite adamant nothing could be done to grant early (and by early I mean like at the 8 month mark when we were given 8-9 months as the processing period). Not entirely her fault so I cant blame her.

Overall I was happy with her as our CO and cant really fault her. Good luck with your application :)

We had VA as our CO and she was pretty decent. She was nice in all of her email correspondence with us. It sometimes took a few days to hear back from her but I figured that was pretty standard with government departments so didnt get too upset. We heard at 8 months 25 days and even though we had hoped for early approval (partner had a job offer pending visa approval) she was quite adamant nothing could be done to grant early (and by early I mean like at the 8 month mark when we were given 8-9 months as the processing period). Not entirely her fault so I cant blame her.

Overall I was happy with her as our CO and cant really fault her. Good luck with your application :)

Thanks a lot! I was hoping that you were approved earlier, lol. I only contacted her once through website and someone else replied, saying I must wait up to 9 months:( Usual story!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha, yes it must be its Labour day in Oz so very likely its shut, maybe tomorrow then:laugh:

Im in Victoria and we didn't have a public holiday, I think just NSW and QLD, so I'd be surprised if Australia House was closed....fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!

Not sure if anyone cares, but I feel like posting an update :)

House sold and contracts exchanged in Sept (now living with the inlaws)...

Notice given at work last week (I'm on 3 months notice)...

Two phone interviews for jobs...

...and other half has had a conditional offer of a place at university starting Feb (the condition being that he has a visa)

So, last piece of the puzzle is a visa... a 100 will make the uni fees cheaper!

Hoping these 8 month something approval times keep - should mean we have it by Xmas!

Your organised! I ordered boxes for shipping last night and am still hoping we can go on the 13th. Want to give notice for hubby's work Friday but a bit nervous. Hoping to see the rest of the Jan approval s go through today and starting Jan this week so I will be more confident about it.