SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Thats good to hear, I am currently in Newcastle NSW and currently on 8 months and 4 days I am hoping that next week is my week! Can't wait to start work and earn some money as the last two months here although its been great with my fiance has eaten into my savings and my job is waiting !! Well done on the grant :-)

hi thewriter

did visit Australia while waiting for the fiancé visa to be processed?

Thanks

Does anybody know if I'm likely to get extended baggage allowance on a 309 visa? Flying with Singapore Airlines. Have spoken to someone on telephone but they just gave the standard company line "single way flight, first time entry on visa, visa allows unlimited stay". My visa states "Until notified that subclass 100 has been decided or the

application is withdrawn" under stay period.

Emailed and got similar response saying if I show my visa at check-in extended baggage allowance will be given if it meets guidelines. Don't want to risk being rejected at airport and was hoping to get written confirmation beforehand. My family will be there so can always leave extra baggage with them to send on I suppose. Thanks in advance for your help :)

8 months tomorrow so fingers crossed not long for us now

Yer Coxy not long hun, its coming... and whoever said about Thursday's and Fridays could be right hey. Could be end of next week for you, in that case, but depends how many inbetween i guess. Maybe even tomoz??? and thanks guys for all your support, you got me through xxx

Ohhhh I would like the answer to that too......

Alavington, mymajo and rosannsmith have you heard anything your the last I know off for Jan?.. I am hoping u all have yours and in the excitement forgot to tell us lol

No such luck - I stop checking after 5 on Weds, as I know my co isn't working! Guess it proves that having a part time co does affect the processing time.

Congrats to Barleysuga btw!

Ohhhh I would like the answer to that too......

Alavington, mymajo and rosannsmith have you heard anything your the last I know off for Jan?.. I am hoping u all have yours and in the excitement forgot to tell us lol

Still waiting!! :-( 8 months and 11 days now! :-( like barleysuga we also have VF, fingers crossed she's on a roll and will give us our grant tomorrow!

Barleysuga, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I hope it comes through soon for you. :-). I'm not sure if this applies to all CO's, but mine told me some time ago that he only works on spouse visas on a Thursday and Friday, and that the remainder of his time is spent processing other visa categories. Does this apply to anyone else's CO?

Iirc it can do. No one should assume they only deal with partner visas.

No such luck - I stop checking after 5 on Weds, as I know my co isn't working! Guess it proves that having a part time co does affect the processing time.

Congrats to Barleysuga btw!

Are you still within the 9 month top end of the processing time? If so you are still within the timeframe they specify.

CO work on more than partner visa applications and part time or fill time will have a case load to work through appropriate to that I would think. I don't see it as hampering anyone's application generally and people get them within the 8-9 month window.

There is no pattern or logic to apply to the order of grants or trying to second guess. It just is what it is.

Hi - has anyone on here applied for the fiancé visa outside of Australia and then visited Australia on a tourist visa? If so, which tourist visa did you apply for? Thanks!

If you are going for a holiday the 601 should be fine. You get notice within one day of it being granted usually. There are other ones to apply for but the 601 should be enough. 651 maybe but not sure of processing time.

Ensure you inform your CO/point of contact person at the general email addy of your plans to go to Aus on holiday.

Are you still within the 9 month top end of the processing time? If so you are still within the timeframe they specify.

CO work on more than partner visa applications and part time or fill time will have a case load to work through appropriate to that I would think. I don't see it as hampering anyone's application generally and people get them within the 8-9 month window.

There is no pattern or logic to apply to the order of grants or trying to second guess. It just is what it is.

Yeah, I know its pointless worrying too much about it - the Mrs says the same! But seeing people who applied after me get the grant obviously makes me wonder if something's wrong etc!

Had a strange request from CO today asking for a typed and scanned letter from celebrant to confirm new wedding date and marriage app in February, we missed the first date of 27th of Sept due to visa not being granted in time and agent said that was first time that had happened in 20 years as an agent....not feeling very confident about grant now i have to admit, have sent the paperwork asked for to my agent just now and the CO will now have it on her desk, its a very strange request so late on i was expecting a grant as i am in OZ waiting to leave the country not more questions or requests, congrats to all those who got their green light this week!...hopefully we can have some good news soon too as its beginning to be quite stressful now !!

Had a strange request from CO today asking for a typed and scanned letter from celebrant to confirm new wedding date and marriage app in February, we missed the first date of 27th of Sept due to visa not being granted in time and agent said that was first time that had happened in 20 years as an agent....not feeling very confident about grant now i have to admit, have sent the paperwork asked for to my agent just now and the CO will now have it on her desk, its a very strange request so late on i was expecting a grant as i am in OZ waiting to leave the country not more questions or requests, congrats to all those who got their green light this week!...hopefully we can have some good news soon too as its beginning to be quite stressful now !!

I had to do that when I changed my wedding date. As I thought the original processing time was 5 months then told 8-9. So my co requested new celebant letter with the new date

I had to do that when I changed my wedding date. As I thought the original processing time was 5 months then told 8-9. So my co requested new celebant letter with the new date

It seems very strange at this late hour but i guess they have to dot the i's etc !.... just hoping its our turn soon so we can start our new life together without the worry of the visa!

Thanks Mjmayo, i really hope you get yours today VF is so lovely xxx

WE GOT OUR VISA!!!!!! I burst into tears I was so excited, such a relief!!!!

I emailed earlier as my OH has a disabled brother, and we really want to get onto making plans so he can hopefully come out to Oz for our wedding in April. 54 mins after I emailed, visa grant email came through!!! Happy days!!!

WE GOT OUR VISA!!!!!! I burst into tears I was so excited, such a relief!!!!

I emailed earlier as my OH has a disabled brother, and we really want to get onto making plans so he can hopefully come out to Oz for our wedding in April. 54 mins after I emailed, visa grant email came through!!! Happy days!!!

Yay yay yay bloody ripper whoop whoop so exciting xxx