SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I have to admit, that when I'm feeling a bit down, a little google of partner visas refused Australia can soon cheer me up when I have a read through of some of them. They are just so fantastic that you have to wonder where these people are coming from. Amazing really.

Haha!! I know what you mean, it soon makes you feel a whole lot more confident about your own situation. Immigration must see some incredible cases! I suppose once they have seen all of those bizarre relationships it makes it easy for them to recognize a genuine one.

Haha!! I know what you mean, it soon makes you feel a whole lot more confident about your own situation. Immigration must see some incredible cases! I suppose once they have seen all of those bizarre relationships it makes it easy for them to recognize a genuine one.

I suppose the sad thing is that it is possible that the bizarre ones might be genuine. You can never know for sure I suppose.

If anyone is over 8 months waiting and thinking that they shouldn't email their CO - DO IT NOW!!!!!

I emailed my CO this morning at 8 months and 18 days to inform him of a change of address and ask politely how the application was going - to which he replied "Thank You"...he's never been much for replies but this one sent me over the edge. "Just give me something - please! I'm dying here!"

I burst out crying...thinking that's it, something's wrong. Then, about 5 mins later, I notice a London phone number calling me. I nearly didn't answer I was so upset! But it was the CO on the line - "Would i like him to issue the visa today?" Erm, yes please!!!!!

Just received it by email - I have it! I am so happy!

8 months and 18 days later I got my PMV. Hope everyone who's waiting gets theirs soon! xxx

Edited by Sydneynorthsider

If anyone is over 8 months waiting and thinking that they shouldn't email their CO - DO IT NOW!!!!!

I emailed my CO this morning at 8 months and 18 days to inform him of a change of address and ask politely how the application was going - to which he replied "Thank You"...he's never been much for replies but this one sent me over the edge. "Just give me something - please! I'm dying here!"

I burst out crying...thinking that's it, something's wrong. Then, about 5 mins later, I notice a London phone number calling me. I nearly didn't answer I was so upset! But it was the CO on the line - "Would i like him to issue the visa today?" Erm, yes please!!!!!

Just received it by email - I have it! I am so happy!

8 months and 18 days later I got my PMV. Hope everyone who's waiting gets theirs soon! xxx

Congrats Jo!!

I also have DP, why do you think it was that he called you before emailing the grant? Could it be because of the time restrictions associated with the PMV?

I'm trying to just wait out the week but that does worry me as the OH has changed his number since submitting. Saying that DP has never called us before he always emails.

As I mentioned previously he told us that the visa would be granted in November, November 10th being 9 months, I was planning to wait only until next Friday to email him as we fly on the 1st and I want to make sure the OH's visa is granted ahead of time.

We are both people obsessed atm checking his emails every 15-30mins lol. THIS IS KILLING ME!!!

8 months, 19 days.

BecWortho - yes he must have phoned because of the time restriction on the PMV. Thats what i thought. I have never spoken to him before. He has an American accent i think, by the way. Not that it matters but it was interesting, nonetheless!

I am about to give my notice in but needed for my own piece of mind to have it in my hand before i did anything rash. Thats just me!

I totally feel your pain. For the last 18 days i have been quite depressed waiting for ANY news. Its such a bizarre feeling - knowing you have so much to do but not being able to do anything!

Now for proper wedding plans to begin! Xx

Edited by Sydneynorthsider
Again too excited to type properly!

@katherine1989 I have WP as well. I applied in April and she still says 8-9 months. I think the time changed for new applicants from August

Hi Chloe,

WP has always said 8-9 months to us so I'm eagerly waiting for November and then I will email her to see how the visa is coming along, seems to be the trigger to getting a visa grant!!

Hopefully yours comes through in December!!

Hi Chloe,

WP has always said 8-9 months to us so I'm eagerly waiting for November and then I will email her to see how the visa is coming along, seems to be the trigger to getting a visa grant!!

Hopefully yours comes through in December!!

Yeah I'm gonna email her when I'm at 8 months. Im praying it's December haven't seen my fiancé for 12 months now the wait is killing me!

Congrats @Coxy! Hit the 8 month mark a few days ago whilst on honeymoon :wink:.... returned to an email to notify me of a change in CO. Anyone else got CF? Our flight leaves in 6 days....
Ditto here. Just passed the 8 months mark and got similar email with new CO of CF too. Damm i thought it was the visa :( Shouldn't be long now :) fingers crossed for both of us :)

Edited by TP1

I'm at 8 months 4 days. I emailed my co yesterday and just got the standard response, basically saying grants are between 8-9 months, and they would grant sooner if they could. Hopefully they will grant it sooner rather than later.

Good luck to all those who are waiting. Especially those who have been without their partners for so long. My wife and son leave on Saturday and I'm dreading being away from them for potentially a month. So I can only imagine how those that have been away from there partners for 12 months are feeling.

Hopefully we will see a lot of grants coming through in the next couple of days.

Good luck everyone.

Hi all,

I have been following this thread for ages now, and I thought the time was right to pop in and say hello.

As you can see below, my other half is still three weeks away from the 8 month mark. We have done everything that they warn you not to do - given notice at our jobs and on our rental property, booked numerous flights and hotels, etc. We will be flying out New Years Eve - which is technically 9 months and a week after application but there is a slightly nervous part of me that worries about Christmas time and our CO being on holidays. That said, we are spending a week in Malaysia before heading to Australia so hopefully if we don't get it before Christmas we can get it while we are in Malaysia.

This brings me to my question. Is the form of the visa literally just an email, or do they post you something? Do you need to print the email and put it in your passport or is it electronically issued?

Cheers,

Annie

309 application received in London 25 March 2014, CO assigned 2 May 2014, 27 June 2014 medical completed, 2 July 2014 police cert received - now we wait

Hi all,

I have been following this thread for ages now, and I thought the time was right to pop in and say hello.

As you can see below, my other half is still three weeks away from the 8 month mark. We have done everything that they warn you not to do - given notice at our jobs and on our rental property, booked numerous flights and hotels, etc. We will be flying out New Years Eve - which is technically 9 months and a week after application but there is a slightly nervous part of me that worries about Christmas time and our CO being on holidays. That said, we are spending a week in Malaysia before heading to Australia so hopefully if we don't get it before Christmas we can get it while we are in Malaysia.

This brings me to my question. Is the form of the visa literally just an email, or do they post you something? Do you need to print the email and put it in your passport or is it electronically issued?

Cheers,

Annie

309 application received in London 25 March 2014, CO assigned 2 May 2014, 27 June 2014 medical completed, 2 July 2014 police cert received - now we wait

Everything is electronic. You say you are going to Malaysia first but you must be careful as if your tickets are booked to Australia with Malaysia as a stopover, without a valid visa, you will not be allowed to board the plane.

I would advise you to contact the CO and let them know that you have booked flights for NYE and can he/she advise on how the application is progressing as you will be considering getting an Tourist Visa nearer the time and don't want the TV to cancel out the 309 if the TV is issued afterwards.