SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi all,

quick question. I am now 5 months in to the process, have sent off all info - no more req'd, done medicals and police checks 5 June.

I have been told 8-9 months which is fine, but as my fiance is already back in Aus am planning on flying out mid-October with no visa or not. From reading the posts that is quite common to be over there on a tourist visa and just leave country for grant date. My concern is when flying out in Oct without a return ticket, what evidence info do i need to give immigration at airport. it will be my third trip to Aus this year so do not want them to refuse entry (happened to my partner when she tried to come back to the UK)

Any suggestions, an email or something from the CO maybe?

Thanks - oh and good luck everyone it feels like a bloody long wait!

Hi, regarding the above, i'm in a similar situation, wanting to go to oz before visa is granted on a holiday pass, evisitior etc, but how does it work, as each time ive travelled to oz or nz ive had to show onward flight evidence. i asked my CO but like snifter said its out of there powers

Overly optimistic have you booked your flight now then? did you get your evisitor before hand then book flight?

thanks

Hi, regarding the above, i'm in a similar situation, wanting to go to oz before visa is granted on a holiday pass, evisitior etc, but how does it work, as each time ive travelled to oz or nz ive had to show onward flight evidence. i asked my CO but like snifter said its out of there powers

Overly optimistic have you booked your flight now then? did you get your evisitor before hand then book flight?

thanks

MY CO advised me to apply and get my tourist visa first, before booking a flight to Aus. Not booking flight first in case tourist visa was declined for some reason.

With regard to the one way, so long as you can show you have funds to depart Aus it should be fine. TBH I can't recall them ever enquiring if we had return tickets when we entered Aus in the past with me on a tourist visa.

I entered Aus on a one way on the 1st of July, AND I had all my documents in my suitcase. I wasn't asked a single question (on an evisitor visa) and even given the green stamp to swoosh through customs without opening my suitcase, so no worries there either. I'm now waiting for my CO to give me the go ahead to go off shore so she can grant.

All you do when you get there is to tell them you are waiting for you visa to be granted,thats what i did and they good luck enjoy Australia.They did not ask for any proof of funds or a return ticket as i had travelled on a oneway ticket.:wink:

That's a great idea! We are 6 months in our 9 months waiting time and we are ready to go so this option is very appealing. If its ok and legal...

Hi there! New to the thread.

I am an Aussie sponsoring my partner to apply for 309/100 hopefully by the end of this week (just waiting on our last stat dec to be posted from Aus)

we currently live together in London but I have to go home mid September as my visa will expire. I was under the impression he had to be in London (where we will lodge the application) when his visa is granted, but reading a few posts here it seems that he doesn't need to be where the application was lodged, simply NOT be in Australia, is that correct? That would make a huge difference for us as it would mean he could potentially travel to Aus on a tourist visa once he has finalised the application here and then return to Bangladesh (where he is originally from) and wait out the rest of the process there, obviously much closer to Aus than the uk and much easier for us both to travel to each other to visit!

So appreciative if anyone could clarify this for me :)

NikkiM - I replied in your other thread.

Thatnks so much for the reply, sorry for posting twice, after I posted this one I thought maybe it was better to ask in its own thread! Such great news for us, would have been difficult to be apart the whole time as flights to and from the uk and Aus aren't cheap!

Another quick question regarding police and medical checks, best to include in the original application or wait until they are requested?

Thanks again!

Wait till requested. Medicals are linked to a HAP number these days and you need that before you can book. It's all done online and the number will be linked to your case.

Doing police checks in advance serves no purpose either. Only shortens the time you have to enter Aus after visa grant. Won't speed up the application in the least. Do wait for CO to request it.

thanks

Hi,

I am lucky as applied for my evisa in Jan when was vistng my partners folks (before we applied for PMV). It lasts for a year so i am covered for my trip. Booked my flight now for mid-oct. Visa due end-oct/november so fingers crosse dit will come before I go!

Otherwise, I will be forced to live the life of leisure until my grant date...

Good luck. Seems from positive responses getting through immigration will be okay, i hope ...

I am booking my flight today. The guy was sure that they would be no problems. We are waiting for a response at the latest 7th November and we are leaving 10th of September. It means my husband can tart working there! I can take a much needed holiday!!

My partner visa has been granted today! Got the 100 subclass as expected (together about 10 years, married for 6 years, have a child together).

Chuffed:jiggy:

Timeline for it for those that are curious -

* Application lodged - Jan 21 2013 - Couple of minor pieces of evidence requested shortly after and I provided them without any problems.

* Medical taken - April 25 2013 - Referred afterwards (was told about a 3 month referral timeframe). Medical had been given an A grade rating so was not unduly worried.

* Police check - Early April 2013 - All good.

* Visa grant - July 30 2013

We were already booked on a flight out to Aus for the start of October so this makes life a bit easier.

Edited by Guest

My partner visa has been granted today! Got the 100 subclass as expected (together about 10 years, married for 6 years, have a child together).

* Application lodged - Jan 21 2013 - Couple of minor pieces of evidence requested shortly after and I provided them without any problems.

* Medical taken - April 25 2013 - Referred afterwards (was told about a 3 month referral timeframe). Medical had been given an A grade rating so was not unduly worried.

We were already booked on a flight out to Aus for the start of October so this makes life a bit easier.

Congratulations snifter... Im hopefully not too far behind! Good luck with it all..

am i being dumb? where is this link?

also is anyone else waiting on the 300 visa? or is everyone 309/100?

It's posted a few times in recent pages I sure. I know I've linked to it a few times. I'll post it again when I am next at my computer.

For those that wish to add their application info or simply have a gander at it

Partner visa spreadsheet

If you add your information to it please be careful to not stuff up the spreadsheet or delete anything from it.

Please feel free to bookmark it if its of use to you in the future.

hi Snifter,

looking at your time frame, i am an applicant of SC 309, lodged Feb. 28, 2013, my medical was also referred and an assessment will be made on Aug. 20, 2013, i really don't have any scary medical condition except for that my blood pressure went up due to tension or let us say white coat syndrome, i hope that i will get my visa after the assessment...waiting is torture...good luck to all of us waiting...