SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

My partner visa has been granted today! Got the 100 subclass as expected (together about 10 years, married for 6 years, have a child together).

Chuffed:jiggy:

Timeline for it for those that are curious -

* Application lodged - Jan 21 2013 - Couple of minor pieces of evidence requested shortly after and I provided them without any problems.

* Medical taken - April 25 2013 - Referred afterwards (was told about a 3 month referral timeframe). Medical had been given an A grade rating so was not unduly worried.

* Police check - Early April 2013 - All good.

* Visa grant - July 30 2013

We were already booked on a flight out to Aus for the start of October so this makes life a bit easier.

Congratulations Snifter :smile:

Hi everyone,

I am new to the site. I have found it so helpful following everyones timescales as I continue the anxious wait for my visa to be granted.

I am applying via an agent. I lodged on 15th Feb 2013 and had my medical on 21st May 2013 with police check a week later.

When checking on the status of my visa application my agent said that some applications were being granted sooner than the 8-9 months but basically just sit tight until the time is up.

I look forward to hearing when the Jan/Feb lodgers start getting their visa's granted!

Hi everyone,

I am new to the site. I have found it so helpful following everyones timescales as I continue the anxious wait for my visa to be granted.

I am applying via an agent. I lodged on 15th Feb 2013 and had my medical on 21st May 2013 with police check a week later.

When checking on the status of my visa application my agent said that some applications were being granted sooner than the 8-9 months but basically just sit tight until the time is up.

I look forward to hearing when the Jan/Feb lodgers start getting their visa's granted!

Hi hails and welcome to the thread... im on a similar timeframe to you & also hoping for some early news!! Have tried to input my details to spreadsheet but my android tablet doesnt seem compatible.. good luck with your application news...

Hi,

I'm rather new to this forum and I'm just looking for a little help.

About 2 years ago me (English) and my wife (Australian) decided to move to the UK to make a fresh start, however, it has been so hard to let go of our Australian roots, the life style and the culture we are now looking to move back.

We have been married for 3 years, come November, and been together for around 5 years, so proving that we're in a continuing and genuine relationship is not an issue. The help I was wondering, from all users, is what financial evidence would the Australian government be looking to see from us? what would be a suitable amount of savings to have?

Any advice would be grate?

Thank you for your time and congrats to all those who have had their visa grated!

Kind Regards,

Bigboy01

Hi,

I'm rather new to this forum and I'm just looking for a little help.

About 2 years ago me (English) and my wife (Australian) decided to move to the UK to make a fresh start, however, it has been so hard to let go of our Australian roots, the life style and the culture we are now looking to move back.

We have been married for 3 years, come November, and been together for around 5 years, so proving that we're in a continuing and genuine relationship is not an issue. The help I was wondering, from all users, is what financial evidence would the Australian government be looking to see from us? what would be a suitable amount of savings to have?

Any advice would be grate?

Thank you for your time and congrats to all those who have had their visa grated!

Kind Regards,

Bigboy01

Hi Bigboy,

There is no financial requirement for the partner visa. All they ask for is 2 years of earnings (I provided a letter from the HMRC as I did alot of temping, my husband provided 2 years of self emplyed tax returns). Even people on benefits or students have been successful - not quite sure of the purpose of providing this but I wouldn't be too concerned. The point is you don't need to have x amount of money in the bank. You will if you were to try and enter on a tourist visa however, roughly £1000 per month (give or take...its a very rough guide).

Also, when you apply, include 3 years proof of living together and in a cover letter ask to be considered for the subclass 100 as you are actually eligible to skip the 2yr 309.

Hope that helps.

My partner visa has been granted today! Got the 100 subclass as expected (together about 10 years, married for 6 years, have a child together).

Chuffed:jiggy:

Timeline for it for those that are curious -

* Application lodged - Jan 21 2013 - Couple of minor pieces of evidence requested shortly after and I provided them without any problems.

* Medical taken - April 25 2013 - Referred afterwards (was told about a 3 month referral timeframe). Medical had been given an A grade rating so was not unduly worried.

* Police check - Early April 2013 - All good.

* Visa grant - July 30 2013

We were already booked on a flight out to Aus for the start of October so this makes life a bit easier.

Snifter - congrats. I can't see you on the Visa S/Sheet - Who was your CO?

Has anybody had any approvals from LG lately?

Snifter - congrats. I can't see you on the Visa S/Sheet - Who was your CO?

Has anybody had any approvals from LG lately?

I didn't put my details on the spread sheet.

My CO hasn't been mentioned by anyone on here nor are they listed on the spread sheet that I could see.

hi kmarees1986,

Thank you for the information, that's a grate relief. It may mean that we can go home sooner rather than later.

Is there any good advice that you can offer for me regarding the visa application process or anyone reading this message. We have already done one visa application (My wife's UK Visa) , but I am under the impression that the Oz process is much stricter.

We both really want to return to Sydney.

kind regards,

Bigboy 01

Hi there. I'm new to this forum. Thanks for all the really helpful info on visa processing times. My husband is an Australian citizen, we live in the UK and have been married for over 3 years and have a toddler together (toddler has citizenship by descent and so we're in the process of getting an Oz passport for him). My husband has been offered a job in Australia with a start date in Nov 13. All happened very fast, so exciting but daunting at the same time. I applied for a partner visa a couple of weeks ago. The fees were taken from my account around 24 July but I haven't yet received any kind of acknowledgement of my application or had notification of a case officer having been assigned. From the info on this thread it looks as though most people get a CO assigned within a couple of days of receipt of their application. Is that right and should I be worried that I've received no contact yet? Have any other applicants had the same experience ? Also, from what I've read on the forum it looks like I'm going to have to enter Oz on a tourist visa while I wait 8 or 9 months for processing - is that right? I also submitted my police checks with my application as wasn't aware that it's usually recommended to wait until CO instructs you to submit them. Is that likely to be a problem with current waiting times? Very grateful for any thoughts or comments!

I don't understand why they would ask for 2 years payslips if we are both living and working in the UK.

Also, would it wise for my wife to return to Australia before I submit my application, to get a flat and a job to show she can sponsor me? we did this before for our UK visa.

KR

Bigboy01

I don't understand why they would ask for 2 years payslips if we are both living and working in the UK.

Also, would it wise for my wife to return to Australia before I submit my application, to get a flat and a job to show she can sponsor me? we did this before for our UK visa.

KR

Bigboy01

Your wife going to Aus to do that would not help in any way I don't think. They don't look at it as her being able to keep you like that. It's about you as a couple.

My hubby (the Aussie) provided me with 2 years worth of his salary slips to show he was the main earner etc. If I was the main earner I'd have done so. It's about showing how you support each other financially, having a shared account or your own but both contributing to your finances and paying bills etc. just give them the full picture with your supporting evidence is all.

Thanks Snifter,

We got most of the information,so we can defiantly provide the whole picture. It's so good to have a forum where I can ask these question and get an answer.

Congrats on your news. I bet there's a weight of the shoulders now.

KR

Bigboy01

Many congrats Snifter, what a weight off, and the timeline looks better than anticipated too, hopefully this is a sign that timelines are getting shorter.

Don't worry juno about not having a co yet, it took almost 2 weeks for ours to be assigned. Our timeline so far is application received and money taken 19th June, co assigned 1st July. No further evidence requested, police checks are now done and medical is booked for Saturday, so that will be it for us I suppose until we hear that it's been granted.

Good luck to everyone waiting, may the time pass quickly!

Thanks Snifter,

We got most of the information,so we can defiantly provide the whole picture. It's so good to have a forum where I can ask these question and get an answer.

Congrats on your news. I bet there's a weight of the shoulders now.

KR

Bigboy01

Just cover in your supporting statements your plans for your future in Aus. If this means you put that initially you are going to stay with family or some such, fine. Hubby wrote something to that effect and his plans for work and so on once we arrive and that we hope to then look for a rental or place to buy etc a bit further down the road.

Hi there. I'm new to this forum. Thanks for all the really helpful info on visa processing times. My husband is an Australian citizen, we live in the UK and have been married for over 3 years and have a toddler together (toddler has citizenship by descent and so we're in the process of getting an Oz passport for him). My husband has been offered a job in Australia with a start date in Nov 13. All happened very fast, so exciting but daunting at the same time. I applied for a partner visa a couple of weeks ago. The fees were taken from my account around 24 July but I haven't yet received any kind of acknowledgement of my application or had notification of a case officer having been assigned. From the info on this thread it looks as though most people get a CO assigned within a couple of days of receipt of their application. Is that right and should I be worried that I've received no contact yet? Have any other applicants had the same experience ? Also, from what I've read on the forum it looks like I'm going to have to enter Oz on a tourist visa while I wait 8 or 9 months for processing - is that right? I also submitted my police checks with my application as wasn't aware that it's usually recommended to wait until CO instructs you to submit them. Is that likely to be a problem with current waiting times? Very grateful for any thoughts or comments!

Re the rest of your post...

You should be fine to travel to Aus on a tourist visa. Be aware though that if you only recently applied for a partner visa then you are limited with your tourist visa options till its granted. Some of the tourist visa options only allow for a maximum 3 month stay at any one time iirc, so check with your CO and inform them of your plans to travel to Aus. And hopefully you can apply for a 6 month tourist visa (I am sure there is one) and that it will be granted.

Have a read of this

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/visa-options.htm

Be aware that if you only get the 3 month one you have to leave Aus and return again (its valid for 12 months in total).

Drop me a PM if you want to chat about it more :)

Deep breath.....got the email yesterday from my c/o saying she is in a position to grant my visa. I've booked my flights to NZ for next Tuesday...so excited and relieved :-)

That's great. You are on shore on a tourist or some other visa if I am correct? So going off shore for 3 working days to enable your partner visa to be granted.

Hi everyone. Just joined today I'm australian and my husband is British. We lodged his spouse application on 18 march 2013 our co is VF. Has anyone been assigned her? And have they had visa granted sooner? Police and medical check were all done in mid June. Our fingers are tightly crossed we will receive visa soon but looking at some comments 7 months seems to be the processing time. Would that be right? Thanks to everyone who posts on here it's really helpful.

Hi everyone. Just joined today I'm australian and my husband is British. We lodged his spouse application on 18 march 2013 our co is VF. Has anyone been assigned her? And have they had visa granted sooner? Police and medical check were all done in mid June. Our fingers are tightly crossed we will receive visa soon but looking at some comments 7 months seems to be the processing time. Would that be right? Thanks to everyone who posts on here it's really helpful.

Hello and welcome.

Processing time is 8-9 months. Work to that and *if* it is granted sooner then great.

Check the spread sheet to see who else has your CO.