SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

There is a spreadsheet many in this thread use and have added themselves to. Perhaps if you've not done so you might want to? Its here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0

Work on the 8-9 month timescale. Don't plan it will be granted sooner but if it is, bonus. Just don't bank on it even if someone else gets granted earlier. They are quite firm in telling you its 8-9 months so go out from that, not what people post on here.

I applied in Jan and have a lovely CO. They have still told me to work to the 8-9 month time frame but are happy I go over on a tourist visa before this if I wish to. But that obviously they are working to the 8-9 months specified.

Hello there!

Love the spreadsheet idea but it seems to be out of whack. Can you have a look specifically at the column titles and fix them?

I had SV. She was really slow at responding to emails. Often I didn't get a reply. Long story, but I sent multiple emails (5+) to request confirmation she had received the additional info she had asked for and got no response. I then had to resend all the info again recorded delivery from Oz to London with a covering letter saying I had only needed to do this as my CO had failed to acknowledge receipt and I would need to continue following up until I got acknowledgement. Bear in mind a mailroom person probably opens this letter...and I got a reply back saying "I acknowledge receipt of information." Nothing else. I phoned her and got all the info I needed. I would stick to phonecalls for questions.

There's no point calling her every other day and asking the same question. After I had sent my additional info I called and asked her if she needed any more. She said no. I asked when would my visa be granted, she said, call me around whatever month my visa was due to be granted. And that was my next phonecall, several months later. If she can tell you when it will be granted she will. If she can't, it will be granted around the time she told you originally when she advised you she was your CO. That will be pretty accurate.

Yes, you want to get flights booked, etc, but it just doesn't work that way sometimes with DIAC. DIAC's advice is not to make any plans until your visa is granted.

Is there anything which may prevent your visa being granted? Do you have a criminal record or serious health issues? If you meet the requirements then you will absolutely 100% get the visa...it's just the timing you don't know...so if you need to make plans now, then work to a date a month or two after the processing time you were originally given. The chances of a visa miraculously popping out several months early are practically zero, so don't even think that it might. Work towards a later date if you need to.

Thanks for the reply GeorgeD. It is my boyfriend applying and he had 'no live trace' which came back on his police checks. SV asked him for a statement regarding what it was he did, steps he has taken to rehabilitate himself and a character reference. He got in trouble for a minor offence when he was 16 but wasnt charged so we didnt even think it would come up! He did everything she requested fairly quickly and I dont think it should harm our chances in getting a visa but I still worry. We had been living together for just over a year when we applied although we didnt have a great deal of evidence from our first 3 months living together because neither of us were on the lease and he still had most of his post going to his parents house so I was worried that might be a factor. Although evidence wise we weren't asked for anything else so I am hoping that will be fine.

We haven't called her at all and only emailed when she has asked for something although the last email we sent was to confirm his medical had been received which she hasn't replied to. Sounds like that is just what she is like though from your experience!

We are happy to wait until the grant to make our plans but it would just be nice to know we can spend the last couple of months of our way traveling rather than in London if we can :)

Anyway, I appreciate the advice and will just continue to sit tight for a few more months.

There is a spreadsheet many in this thread use and have added themselves to. Perhaps if you've not done so you might want to? Its here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0

Work on the 8-9 month timescale. Don't plan it will be granted sooner but if it is, bonus. Just don't bank on it even if someone else gets granted earlier. They are quite firm in telling you its 8-9 months so go out from that, not what people post on here.

I applied in Jan and have a lovely CO. They have still told me to work to the 8-9 month time frame but are happy I go over on a tourist visa before this if I wish to. But that obviously they are working to the 8-9 months specified.

Yeah I am going to be working to the that time scale - however, in the e-mail she said it has met all requirements and will be granted, so I guess it it a waiting game. Seems to be a bottleneck function where there are lots os COs but not as many people that can give the final stamp of approval. I will be looking to go end of september on tourist visa anyways and waiting for the last 1-2 months there until it comes through - good to know they are OK for you to do that.

I was requested to do my medical which i completed a week ago, i know its only been a week but how long should i be waiting to hear that they have received it. i was told by the hospital all was fine and i passed which i don't think they were meant to tell me :? but im not complaining. I just want some kind of time frame as i keep getting mixed information on that one

Guest GeorgeD
Thanks for the reply GeorgeD. It is my boyfriend applying and he had 'no live trace' which came back on his police checks. SV asked him for a statement regarding what it was he did, steps he has taken to rehabilitate himself and a character reference. He got in trouble for a minor offence when he was 16 but wasnt charged so we didnt even think it would come up! He did everything she requested fairly quickly and I dont think it should harm our chances in getting a visa but I still worry. We had been living together for just over a year when we applied although we didnt have a great deal of evidence from our first 3 months living together because neither of us were on the lease and he still had most of his post going to his parents house so I was worried that might be a factor. Although evidence wise we weren't asked for anything else so I am hoping that will be fine.

We haven't called her at all and only emailed when she has asked for something although the last email we sent was to confirm his medical had been received which she hasn't replied to. Sounds like that is just what she is like though from your experience!

We are happy to wait until the grant to make our plans but it would just be nice to know we can spend the last couple of months of our way traveling rather than in London if we can :)

Anyway, I appreciate the advice and will just continue to sit tight for a few more months.

As long as your boyfriend hasn't been convicted to custodial sentences totalling more than 12 months in jail (whether served or not), then it should be fine. DIAC need to check this if the PCC came back with No Live Trace, so that's all your CO is doing...as long as he is honest about it and provides the information she has requested then it shouldn't be a problem. I think you would be justified in contacting her by phone to check she has received the info (wait a week or two after it has been sent.) Ask her if she has received it and does she need any further information. You would normally hear if your CO neded any further info, but there is no harm checking they have got what they asked you for. If she says she has everything, sit back and spend the next few months needlessly worrying about nothing and making up horror stories in your head about how it is all going to go badly wrong...that's pretty much what I did!

Hello there!

Love the spreadsheet idea but it seems to be out of whack. Can you have a look specifically at the column titles and fix them?

I don't touch it, sorry.

I've never added my details to it, I just post the link to it so those that want to add their info can. People need to be careful when adding in their info, it often gets stuffed up.

Yeah I am going to be working to the that time scale - however, in the e-mail she said it has met all requirements and will be granted, so I guess it it a waiting game. Seems to be a bottleneck function where there are lots os COs but not as many people that can give the final stamp of approval. I will be looking to go end of september on tourist visa anyways and waiting for the last 1-2 months there until it comes through - good to know they are OK for you to do that.

It is a waiting game now. That you've met all the requirements is great, but now you'll just go sit in a pile with all the others that are the same and it'll be stamped in due course nearer the time frame specified.

If you plan to go to Aus on a tourist visa clear it with your CO first and get your tourist visa before buying your flights.

Hi Guys,

Yes at last everything is underway i sent off the visa bundle 27/6 money taken out 1/7. Today 8/7 i got an email from CO, request more evidence.

Has anyone else had a request for additional medicals for non-migrating children???? Any problems with ex-partners consent etc???

Got my medical tomorrow and will get my police cert stuff sent off this week, after applying at the start of March. Estimated approval date is start of November/start of December, but am after going over on a tourist visa first at the end of October - am I best emailing my CO after sending the medical and police cert off? Cheers

Hi Guys,

Yes at last everything is underway i sent off the visa bundle 27/6 money taken out 1/7. Today 8/7 i got an email from CO, request more evidence.

Has anyone else had a request for additional medicals for non-migrating children???? Any problems with ex-partners consent etc???

Is your ex partner likely to refuse consent? I think I recall people having to get proof of this or some such, as in in writing. Have a dig round using the forum search function and see if you can turn up some info on this.

Got my medical tomorrow and will get my police cert stuff sent off this week, after applying at the start of March. Estimated approval date is start of November/start of December, but am after going over on a tourist visa first at the end of October - am I best emailing my CO after sending the medical and police cert off? Cheers

Wait till you've done your medical and got your police check. Its not like you want to fly next week or anything. Also your medical may get referred in which case its about a 3 month wait sat in a pile if that happens. Depending on your CO, they should not have a problem you flying to Aus on a tourist visa but be aware if your medical is referred as if there is a problem you may need to provide more evidence or take further tests etc.

Also they do need to know if you go over on a tourist visa so as to be able to liase with you when your visa is due to be granted so you can make arrangements to go offshore for 3 working days.

Edited by Guest
typo

I don't quite get the spreadsheet...sorry...is it Visa timeline? I can't see any headers...Anyone else?

Someone has stuffed it up when adding their info I would think.

Yes there should be headers and other things.

Ah Ok...there is not much point in adding mine without confusing everyone else. Should we start a new one?

I think we should try to keep the spreadsheet. If people are happy with waiting, I will try to have it sorted out and looking a little more understandable by COB this Friday.

No luck with the spreadsheet. I just realized we have the same time frame! My application, fees and CO assigned were on the 07/02/2013!

I'm sure there used to be a column with what CO people had as well...that was interesting to see for who had the same!

There was. CO initials.