SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

However I have read in this forum that some people are getting it 6 months after lodgment. Can I rely on those posts?

There would be no reason for anyone to be lying about the fact that their visa was approved ahead of schedule.

We were some of the lucky ones.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how Aus House process these. Trying to figure it out will only do your head in.

After we submitted OH's application we just put it to the back of our minds, not expecting to hear anything before mid-June. One day an email turned up saying it was approved. It was completely out of the blue and we have no idea why it only took 6.5 months to go through, but we're not complaining!

Best of luck with your application. Hopefully the months will fly past!

Hey guys, just filling out the forms (26 and 160) ahead of my medical on saturday... could anyone advice me for the question around which visa subclass are you applying for - did you just put Subclass 309 - Partner temporary, even though it incorporates the 100 and permanent visa down the line?!

Thanks for any help

Hi Andy that is really annoying. However I assume the letter is a stat dec? I was advised on the Australia forum by a migration agent that the 6 week rule is only for onshore applicants so don't worry about that!

Sorry Lucy, just seen this, yes it was a stat dec, that's good news that its for oapplicants thanksapplicants thanks

Hi, I am new to PIO. British citizen married (10 years) to Oz citizen so looking to apply for 309/100 partner visa. Planning to move to Oz in 2015 and recce in August 2014 schools etc ahead of the move. Reading this it seems I should start the application process now in the expectation of getting visa in 9 months time (say Mar/Apr). Then visit in the August to validate the visa. Once validated would be all set for our move in 2015. Any pitfalls in this plan? Grateful for any advice.

Hi, I am new to PIO. British citizen married (10 years) to Oz citizen so looking to apply for 309/100 partner visa. Planning to move to Oz in 2015 and recce in August 2014 schools etc ahead of the move. Reading this it seems I should start the application process now in the expectation of getting visa in 9 months time (say Mar/Apr). Then visit in the August to validate the visa. Once validated would be all set for our move in 2015. Any pitfalls in this plan? Grateful for any advice.

sounds sensible to me then there would be no rushing or panicking closer to time, once visa is granted you still have time to activate it you don't need to go right away and then you are also able to make multiple entry's on a partners visa.

Someone will be able to give you an exact time but i am sure its up to something like a year after your medicals and police checks for your IED initial enrty date.

First time i have offered advise hope its correct and helpful :biggrin:

Still no where closer to even applying lol not even had a chance to save up enough for the visa let alone anything else, should still be able to apply early next year though, I'm no where near applying yet and i'm already worrying about how to go about organising everything! Just collating evidence still atm. Ah well my time will come soon enough, it's been 18 months since I was in australia and it'll probably be another 18 months before i'm there!

Guest Guest26110
Hey guys, just filling out the forms (26 and 160) ahead of my medical on saturday... could anyone advice me for the question around which visa subclass are you applying for - did you just put Subclass 309 - Partner temporary, even though it incorporates the 100 and permanent visa down the line?!

Thanks for any help

I rang the case officer about this question and she told me to put down subclass 100, this question confused me too.

I rang the case officer about this question and she told me to put down subclass 100, this question confused me too.

Thanks for your responses on this one, it was a bit of an odd one. Especially when it clearly just goes on your file anyway! All done now at least so it's literally just waiting now I think, woo!

Guest Joe Hall

Hey there,

I was hoping someone may know the process better than I do and can put my mind at rest.

I received the prepaid envelope back yesterday with almost all of the evidence documents I sent in with my application for a 309 visa. Things like joint bills, cards that we set between us and invites that we received. Does the case officer make a copy of these or were they not needed? We did also send the form that we received when we registered our relationship in NSW so maybe this other evidence is not required. I don't really want to bother my case office with this is I can find out form here so if anyone knows the reasons please do let me know.

Regards

Hey there,

I was hoping someone may know the process better than I do and can put my mind at rest.

I received the prepaid envelope back yesterday with almost all of the evidence documents I sent in with my application for a 309 visa. Things like joint bills, cards that we set between us and invites that we received. Does the case officer make a copy of these or were they not needed? We did also send the form that we received when we registered our relationship in NSW so maybe this other evidence is not required. I don't really want to bother my case office with this is I can find out form here so if anyone knows the reasons please do let me know.

Regards

Yeah, you get your documents back once the process is under way! Dont stress, its a good sign! :)

Hey there,

Regards

Hey, I asked pretty much the same question a couple of weeks ago! Like you I got most evidence back but some stuff like bank statements and flat lease they kept which confused me. I think it wouldn't all have fit in the envelope I provided. I've not heard anything else either so assuming its all good!

Hi all

Just a quick question on the UK visa medicals, partner visa. I got a form to fill out before going to my appointment and it asks whether I would like to get acessed for a permanent visa. Do I tick yes? Does that make sense even though I am very likely to be granted the temporary one first?

Woo Hoo,visa granted Today.In NZ at the Moment,fly back to Australia Thursday.:))

Congrats! Can't believe the differences in time seen especially given you front loaded with police checks and did meds a month after - I'm exactly the same as you, just applied a month ago and everything done...was really hoping it may speed it up but seems no logic. Ah well, if all goes to plan intending to fly to aus jan regardless.

Congrats!!!

I still don't understand why some people take much longer than other to get their visas. Where are you from? and Did you apply in the London office?

I'm from london and did apply in london.i was't to bothered about the wait as i was already out in Aus with the family on a 12mth tourist visa.

Looks like it's time to get back to work after a year off:yes:.It was nice to able to take a break from working to fully recharge the batteries:cool:.

Good luck to all those waiting the time will fly by before you know it:wink:.

Edited by Sticks

Guest Joe Hall

Hey Pomsinoz,

Thanks so much to anyone that has so far read my posts and replied, I really appiciate the adivce.

My case office has asked for further information about a speciifc point, this being my partners status here in the UK, she is Australian by birth, has lived here in London with me for 2.5 years and also holds a Maltese pasport due to her father being born there. Malta being part of the EU gives her the right to live and work here in the UK as an EU citizen. As we are applying for an Australian Visa that gives me ( British Citizen ) the right to live and work in Australia I am unsure why we are having to go to lenghs to provide evidence of the UK status of my partner? This was never mentioned in any forms we filled in that we would need to prove this. Not that we can't prove it but has anyone else had to prove that Australian Partner has rights to be here in the UK as part of their evidence?

Thanks for reading.

Joe