SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Guest26110

Visa granted today subclass 100. Application received in London 18/01/2013, money taken 19/01/2013, case officer SV. Medicals and police check 20.04.2013, visa granted 14.06.2013. :-)

Visa granted yesterday. Woo hoo!!

Stats: 10 full months. 309/100

Applied 20 August

Additional info requested 10 September

Meds done 3 April (a mistake - should have done them earlier)

Meds referred 5 April

Meds confirmed 12 June

Visa granted 13 June

Hey Pomsinoz,

Thanks so much to anyone that has so far read my posts and replied, I really appiciate the adivce.

My case office has asked for further information about a speciifc point, this being my partners status here in the UK, she is Australian by birth, has lived here in London with me for 2.5 years and also holds a Maltese pasport due to her father being born there. Malta being part of the EU gives her the right to live and work here in the UK as an EU citizen. As we are applying for an Australian Visa that gives me ( British Citizen ) the right to live and work in Australia I am unsure why we are having to go to lenghs to provide evidence of the UK status of my partner? This was never mentioned in any forms we filled in that we would need to prove this. Not that we can't prove it but has anyone else had to prove that Australian Partner has rights to be here in the UK as part of their evidence?

Thanks for reading.

Joe

Yes the same has happened with me, co assigned today and the only extra info my co (Vf) asked for is a copy of my girlfriends ( she is ozzy) visa. Easy done though, simple photocopy though, fax it in the morning, job done

Hey Pomsinoz,

Thanks so much to anyone that has so far read my posts and replied, I really appiciate the adivce.

My case office has asked for further information about a speciifc point, this being my partners status here in the UK, she is Australian by birth, has lived here in London with me for 2.5 years and also holds a Maltese pasport due to her father being born there. Malta being part of the EU gives her the right to live and work here in the UK as an EU citizen. As we are applying for an Australian Visa that gives me ( British Citizen ) the right to live and work in Australia I am unsure why we are having to go to lenghs to provide evidence of the UK status of my partner? This was never mentioned in any forms we filled in that we would need to prove this. Not that we can't prove it but has anyone else had to prove that Australian Partner has rights to be here in the UK as part of their evidence?

Thanks for reading.

Joe

Hey, my partner's mum was born in the UK so he was able to apply for a British passport which I photocopied and included. Think it was mentioned in our stat decs too as part of his decision to move over here. No more evidence was asked for on this so I'm sure a copy of the passport and small explanation will be fine!

Unfortunately my meds have been referred so I can't see my grant arriving before I leave!

Hi tulip ill be doing my meds in a few months, what was the story with yours, I know you we're worried but I didn't quite understand what happened? Now they've been referred?

andy

Basically, a LOT of meds get referred. Even A grade ones. If your BMI is over 30, it gets referred; mine was way over 30. I also had some self-harm scars. The doctor said I had no other problems but she did have to note it on the paperwork, that my BMI was over, and my self-harm scars. That was it.

My CO said that unless I have a health problem I know of that will cost a lot of money to test, I can still fly out on the 1st to wait for my grant. She said if I have to do any tests, I can do them in Aus. I really doubt I will have to do tests, as I said, no health problems, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't take any medication, etc., and my chest x-ray and blood test and urine test came back fine. But, because it's been referred, it will likely hold up my grant, as the DIAC do ALL medicals and a lot of them get referred, my CO told me it could take up to four months because of the work load. Obviously they don't all take that long and I hope mine doesn't, but if it does, it will still be in the 9 month bracket.

I'm not worried, but I would just keep in mind that a lot of them get referred (apparently). I would also really keep into contact with your CO; I would have no idea my meds had been referred unless I had asked her each week whether she had them. I would be merrily unaware and would get to Australia, find out, and cack myself. Now at least I know and can go to Aus and not worry about it.

Heey

Im from England and i lodged my PMV on the 10th June 2013, On the website it states that the waiting time for low risk countries is 5 months yet im reading on here its 8-9 months, is that correct?

o also im from England but I lodged my visa in Bangkok as that is where i am currently living, does that slow the process down?

Hi all,

I have recently applied for a partnership visa (de facto), I am Italian and I have been living in the UK since 2010. My Australian partner and I lived together in England for 2 years until her visa expired and she had to go back in April last year. After several months I managed to gather together all the documentation to make sure nothing was missing and avoid a delay in the processing time. (Complete forms, police checks both from Italy and UK, statutory declaration, loads of proves that we lived and shared a life together, proof of a genuine relationship etc.)

The application has been lodged at the end of March, CO (LG) assigned on the 5th of April and medical examination taken on the 3rd of May. CO has confirmed all the documentation and results have been received and everything is fine underlining that processing time remains 8/9 months so it should be granted hope in November/December.

I was thinking to resign from my current job in September and go back to Italy, (I know I shouldn't do it as it is not 100% sure but I was going to do it anyway) for one month at least to spend time with relatives and friends before eventually leaving and then go to Australia and wait the visa confirmation. (I'll go to New Zealand and back in order to activate it).

I'd like to know if anyone does know more or less how much time before (the visa is granted) the interview will be scheduled as it is going to be in the UK and most important thing if is that compulsory, so I can have at least a big picture on my mind and organise that everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Thanks for your precious time!!!

Hi all,

I have recently applied for a partnership visa (de facto), I am Italian and I have been living in the UK since 2010. My Australian partner and I lived together in England for 2 years until her visa expired and she had to go back in April last year. After several months I managed to gather together all the documentation to make sure nothing was missing and avoid a delay in the processing time. (Complete forms, police checks both from Italy and UK, statutory declaration, loads of proves that we lived and shared a life together, proof of a genuine relationship etc.)

The application has been lodged at the end of March, CO (LG) assigned on the 5th of April and medical examination taken on the 3rd of May. CO has confirmed all the documentation and results have been received and everything is fine underlining that processing time remains 8/9 months so it should be granted hope in November/December.

I was thinking to resign from my current job in September and go back to Italy, (I know I shouldn't do it as it is not 100% sure but I was going to do it anyway) for one month at least to spend time with relatives and friends before eventually leaving and then go to Australia and wait the visa confirmation. (I'll go to New Zealand and back in order to activate it).

I'd like to know if anyone does know more or less how much time before (the visa is granted) the interview will be scheduled as it is going to be in the UK and most important thing if is that compulsory, so I can have at least a big picture on my mind and organise that everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Thanks for your precious time!!!

Hey, I'm in a similar position to you so I'll be keen to see any advice. Sent mine mid May with police checks, medical done a week ago, LG is my CO too.

Has she said you will be expected to have an interview? It was my understanding that tends to be for people they needs points clarifying for/haven't given quite enough evidence.

I'm hoping for a grant jan/feb and once I hear meds are good will look to book a flight for mid jan and just go to NZ if necessary.

Hi Lucy,

No worries, CO didn't mention anything about the interview, I just heard of it but not sure that's why I asked. As you said it makes sense that would be compulsory for those who have not provided enough evidence or in need of clarification...hope someone in the forum can enlighten us about it.

Regarding meds, after 3 weeks I haven't heard from anyone and I decided to email the CO and she said that so far everything is fine and results have been received so if you don't hear back in the next couple of weeks it is fine!

Hi Lucy,

No worries, CO didn't mention anything about the interview, I just heard of it but not sure that's why I asked. As you said it makes sense that would be compulsory for those who have not provided enough evidence or in need of clarification...hope someone in the forum can enlighten us about it.

Regarding meds, after 3 weeks I haven't heard from anyone and I decided to email the CO and she said that so far everything is fine and results have been received so if you don't hear back in the next couple of weeks it is fine!

I'm fairly certain they're quite unusual, but yes hopefully someone further down the process can confirm with us.

thanks, yeah I had a feeling I probably wouldn't be getting an update on the meds unless I prompted! Will definitely send a follow up in a couple of weeks.

Please do not be under the impression that if you don't hear back about your medical, it's fine! I didn't hear about mine for weeks and had to pester my CO, who had to email the DIAC, who informed her it had been referred. Don't assume that no news is good news, if you want to find out if you've been referred or not you have to email your CO!

As for interviews, I would ask your CO if it's expected. I asked my CO if we were ok to fly out or if she needed more evidence, and she informed me that we met all the requirements and that she just needed police check and medical.

Just as a reassurance, I also didn't have a lot of evidence as far as finances go (we are quite young and no financial commitments) but we didn't have to interview.

Please do not be under the impression that if you don't hear back about your medical, it's fine! I didn't hear about mine for weeks and had to pester my CO, who had to email the DIAC, who informed her it had been referred. Don't assume that no news is good news, if you want to find out if you've been referred or not you have to email your CO!

As for interviews, I would ask your CO if it's expected. I asked my CO if we were ok to fly out or if she needed more evidence, and she informed me that we met all the requirements and that she just needed police check and medical.

Just as a reassurance, I also didn't have a lot of evidence as far as finances go (we are quite young and no financial commitments) but we didn't have to interview.

Oh no I won't be, I'll definitely be pestering her. It was all good and clear though so only waiting on the HIV test but fingers crossed that's all fine too! Yeah I'll be checking if anything else is needed before I book flights, think my evidence was ok. Thanks for the reassurance!

I contacted with my CO today and asked her about my medicals. She said she received my clear medical just 2 days after I completed them and there is no outstanding matters in my application and she will contact with me as soon as she has news for me. She is a really good CO. Answered every question I had and she is always very straight forward. :biggrin: