SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Well we have just received the golden email. My Hubby is now a permanent resident. Straight to 100. I could cry right now.

Thank you to everyone on this thread I wouldn't have got through the last 5 months without the support.

5 months exactly.

Applied 18/10/16

First contact 1/3/17

Medical and police check uploaded 14/3/17

Grant 17/3/17

Must be the luck of the Irish

Happy St Patricks day.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Awesome news! So many grants in the last number of weeks ! Whats your next step ?

Hi all! Been following you all for a while to see how quickly the visas are moving. We applied on 27/2/17 and within a week our immi account said medical requested. We didn't receive an email and it didn't appear in the immi inbox, I just saw the notification on the main page when I logged in. So my husband is doing his medical right now and I jumped in and got his police clearance sorted and that went up yesterday.

Really curious to see how long this takes as my husband has had an evisitor visa continuously renewed for the last 9 years as we go from UK to Oz every year, and i wonder if that will help in any way.

We are moving on the 29/5 to Melbourne as I have a new job and he will go in on a 600 visa unless a miracle happens and he gets his 100 granted before. I'm hoping we're straight forward as we've been together 10 years, married 7.5 and have a 3 year old son. Lots of evidence, joint bank accounts and mortgage. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to everyone. I really enjoy reading this forum and seeing the visa grants come through!

Welcome! Good to see your visa moving along already! Some folk have waited months for that. Unsure why you didn't get an email though, pretty sure immi account will show that you require a medical before its requested, I waited until I had C/O contact.

Welcome! Good to see your visa moving along already! Some folk have waited months for that. Unsure why you didn't get an email though, pretty sure immi account will show that you require a medical before its requested, I waited until I had C/O contact.

Hmm... should we have waited then? Health assessment required appeared under the Attach Documents part of the home page, so we just clicked on the link, completed the assessment and booked in for the medical.

Is that's what supposed to happen? Or does it only appear when the C/O has requested a medical?

Well we have just received the golden email. My Hubby is now a permanent resident. Straight to 100. I could cry right now.

Thank you to everyone on this thread I wouldn't have got through the last 5 months without the support.

5 months exactly.

Applied 18/10/16

First contact 1/3/17

Grant 17/3/17

Happy St Patricks day.

Fantastic news Jacqui!! When are you heading over?

Hmm... should we have waited then? Health assessment required appeared under the Attach Documents part of the home page, so we just clicked on the link, completed the assessment and booked in for the medical.

Is that's what supposed to happen? Or does it only appear when the C/O has requested a medical?

i think that appear automatically, it shows in my account too but my C/O hasn't requested it yet. They have been in contact for other details but haven't advised to book my medical. That said, if I don't hear in the next couple of weeks I'm going to book mine anyway as we need to be in Australia by mid July for my husband to start his new job. Others on this forum front loaded their applications with all information including medical sand police checks and it's been fine. The only reason they advise you to wait I believe is because they are only valid for 12 months. So if for some reason the process takes ages, you might need to have them done again. But based on current processing times based on everyone in here, I really hope it doesn't take that long for all our sakes!!

It says that as normal. If you upload your medical and police checks before the C/O requests its known as Front Loading, No harm in it, alot of folks do it but others wait for contact. The problem with front loading is that the police checks and medical are only valid for 12 months so from what I think I know is that you will need to have your visa granted before they expire, because the process can take up to 20 months depending on the visa then you would need a new police check and medical if it where to take that long, unlikely but could happen.

Hope that makes sense

I did my medical before I was asked for it. Then the day after I did the medical my CO asked for medical and police checks. Uploaded a week later, so just waiting on police checks coming in post to upload. I applied less than a month ago so pretty sure pre-uploading stuff speeds things up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think that appear automatically, it shows in my account too but my C/O hasn't requested it yet. They have been in contact for other details but haven't advised to book my medical. That said, if I don't hear in the next couple of weeks I'm going to book mine anyway as we need to be in Australia by mid July for my husband to start his new job. Others on this forum front loaded their applications with all information including medical sand police checks and it's been fine. The only reason they advise you to wait I believe is because they are only valid for 12 months. So if for some reason the process takes ages, you might need to have them done again. But based on current processing times based on everyone in here, I really hope it doesn't take that long for all our sakes!!

Ah... ok. And here I was hopeful that we were going to get a super fast visa! I understood about frontloading but didn't realise that the health assessment option appeared automatically. Well, let's hope it doesn't take longer than 12 months then.

Thanks for the explanation TinaK and Lever40.

Hi all! Been following you all for a while to see how quickly the visas are moving. We applied on 27/2/17 and within a week our immi account said medical requested. We didn't receive an email and it didn't appear in the immi inbox, I just saw the notification on the main page when I logged in. So my husband is doing his medical right now and I jumped in and got his police clearance sorted and that went up yesterday.

Really curious to see how long this takes as my husband has had an evisitor visa continuously renewed for the last 9 years as we go from UK to Oz every year, and i wonder if that will help in any way.

We are moving on the 29/5 to Melbourne as I have a new job and he will go in on a 600 visa unless a miracle happens and he gets his 100 granted before. I'm hoping we're straight forward as we've been together 10 years, married 7.5 and have a 3 year old son. Lots of evidence, joint bank accounts and mortgage. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to everyone. I really enjoy reading this forum and seeing the visa grants come through!

Congratulations you can relax now. ☘️

Five months is a good timeline as well.

Ah... ok. And here I was hopeful that we were going to get a super fast visa! I understood about frontloading but didn't realise that the health assessment option appeared automatically. Well, let's hope it doesn't take longer than 12 months then.

Thanks for the explanation TinaK and Lever40.

You never know, we might get lucky and hear early. Positive thinking and all that! ;-)

Would be good to hear how you go with the 600 visa as I think I'm going to end up having to go down the same route if my partner visa isn't looking like it's going to be granted before early July.

5 months exactly.

Applied 18/10/16

First contact 1/3/17

Grant 17/3/17

Happy St Patricks day.

I'm so happy for you both xxxxx

It'll show automatically. Some front load and others wait for CO contact. Doesn't make much difference I don't think, other than they're only valid for 12months so you may have to update them if your application takes longer than that. Good luck!

On 3/14/2017 at 9:07 AM, Beffers said:

@Lever40

Good luck, I'm down in Dub end of the month.

Let me know how long it takes!!

@Beffers Had my medical on Wednesday, the Mater is pretty easy to find if you know your way around dublin, when you go in hang left, down the corridor until you come to the lifts and up on the 5th floor is the visa centre. I was about an hour early of my 3.15 appointment and they took me at about 20 to 3, was pretty busy, took about 1h15m. They have a little waiting area with coffee etc, you just go from doctor to doctor as they do their bit and then down to the Xray on the bottom floor. Was glad that I got taken early because my train was at 4.50pm and knew it would be tight otherwise. Oh and typical dublin weather it piss all day long and it was baltic!