You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

ToowoombaBlue

Post from the UK

So I’m aware that the Inland Revenue posted a letter to me on 27th March, it is now 14th May and still no sign of it.

Anyone else experiencing severe delays in receiving post from the UK?

Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.

Believe you can and you're half way there!

2 minutes ago, ToowoombaBlue said:

So I’m aware that the Inland Revenue posted a letter to me on 27th March, it is now 14th May and still no sign of it.

Our letters seem to be taking 3 weeks to arrive 

I called the Inland Revenue and they advised to ‘give it a couple more weeks!’

Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.

Posted (edited)

I got a letter from the bank today dated 6 th April. We are waiting for bank cards too, very frustrating as we need them to access some on line functions!

We got a bunch from UK last week too, via Germany they were several weeks old  

I am told by the postie there is a huge backlog waiting to be sorted as restrictions to personnel in the sorting office have slowed things down a lot  

Edited by rammygirl

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Yes. Was sent a birthday present in March and is yet to turn up

Yes - both directions are being held up, in my experience.

309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | Arrived NSW 27/05/15 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16 | Citizenship application lodged 18/06/19 | Citizenship test invite 02/03/20 | Citizenship test 27/04/20 Postponed on 7/04/20

23 hours ago, ToowoombaBlue said:

I'm waiting for letters posted in the UK mid March. People in the UK waiting for stuff posted by me second week of April. 

Local post office in oz reckons allow 2-3 months at least at present. 

Even local stuff seems to take a week or more.  It is quicker to get in your car and deliver it yourself. As for the overseas stuff, I got a parcel from the UK which I had totally forgotten I had ordered so it was just like Christmas. Several weeks, no, months actually. Gotta be positive...

Yes we had new bank cards posted out took 5 weeks, had a parcel delivered yesterday which would normally take 5 days that took 14 to arrive 

not unexpected in these difficult times 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, starlight7 said:

Even local stuff seems to take a week or more.  It is quicker to get in your car and deliver it yourself. As for the overseas stuff, I got a parcel from the UK which I had totally forgotten I had ordered so it was just like Christmas. Several weeks, no, months actually. Gotta be positive...

Well before the corona virus, my daughter posted a card to me at Brisbane airport which took 10 days to get to the Sunshine Coast. Pigeon post is the norm in this state.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1

In the olden days when we first came to Australia I used to post a letter in Sydney to Mum who lived off the beaten track in Scotland on a Monday morning and she received it on the Thursday or Friday the same week.  One time she received it on the Wednesday!  It must have gone from the post box to the post office then to the airport then on a train the other end up to Scotland and quickly sorted and delivered.  Now it takes minimum 3 weeks.

I need to renew my UK passport but have been reluctant to do so due to the long delays in the post and the possibility it might go astray.  I got the photos done just before lockdown.

My sister in law sent a birthday gift to my wife, from Melbourne to the UK, as it was tracked she could see where it was, it didn't leave Australia for more than a month, it arrived at our house about a week after it left Australia.

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

12 hours ago, ramot said:

Well before the corona virus, my daughter posted a card to me at Brisbane airport which took 10 days to get to the Sunshine Coast. Pigeon post is the norm in this state.

I laughed when they said they would only deliver letters every other day. We have only had delivery twice a week for a couple of years now so every other day would be a definite improvement.  If it is raining they never come. Maybe can't be bothered riding the motorbike up the hill?

1 hour ago, unzippy said:

Received a parcel today that was posted from the UK on the 23rd March!

I post one early April that’s not arrived so there’s still hope then. 

17 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I post one early April that’s not arrived so there’s still hope then. 

Fingers crossed🤞

• Like 1

I’m pleased to report, that after two long months, my cheque finally turned up! 
Thank goodness!

16 hours ago, ToowoombaBlue said:

I’m pleased to report, that after two long months, my cheque finally turned up! 
Thank goodness!

Maybe it was on the same boat as mine? 🤣