Out of complete curiosity - For those that went onshore on another visa to await the outcome of their 309/100, how could you be sure that the 309/100 visa would be granted? We’d ideally like to be in Australia for January 2020 as it suits us time wise, but I’d be [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51] hauling the family out there on another visa to find that the 309/100 visa got denied for some technical reason and we’d have to ship back to the U.K.

Is it just a confident gamble you need to be willing to take?

22 minutes ago, mia.oh.my said:

Out of complete curiosity - For those that went onshore on another visa to await the outcome of their 309/100, how could you be sure that the 309/100 visa would be granted? We’d ideally like to be in Australia for January 2020 as it suits us time wise, but I’d be emoji51.pngemoji51.pngemoji51.pngemoji51.png hauling the family out there on another visa to find that the 309/100 visa got denied for some technical reason and we’d have to ship back to the U.K.

It’s a gamble. If you’re married with kids and have provided good evidence, it’s not that much of a gamble, but getting a visa is never a certainty 

Have people been adding evidence to their relationship on immi whilst waiting? Just wondering if we should be adding stuff like pics of holidays? We dont really have much more evidence except more up to date of the same stuff. 

Had RFI November for form 40sp which we uploaded straight away.

14 hours ago, mia.oh.my said:

Out of complete curiosity - For those that went onshore on another visa to await the outcome of their 309/100, how could you be sure that the 309/100 visa would be granted? We’d ideally like to be in Australia for January 2020 as it suits us time wise, but I’d be emoji51.pngemoji51.pngemoji51.pngemoji51.png hauling the family out there on another visa to find that the 309/100 visa got denied for some technical reason and we’d have to ship back to the U.K.

We were planning on being out there by the end of 2018 and I only applied for my visa at the end of October. However, as things have turned out, we’re still in the U.K. waiting for our house to sell 🙄 My husband has gone out ahead of us to set things up and myself and the kids will go out as soon as possible. However, it does concern me what would happen if we ship everything out and they refused the visa because of some mistake (or lack of evidence). I know it’s ridiculous to think like that but it’s hard to think sensibly when you’re investing so much into it. The waiting is so hard, and I know I’ve probably got months still to go! Aarghhh

47 minutes ago, Charbok said:

Have people been adding evidence to their relationship on immi whilst waiting? Just wondering if we should be adding stuff like pics of holidays? We dont really have much more evidence except more up to date of the same stuff. 

Had RFI November for form 40sp which we uploaded straight away.

We only applied at the end of October and I’m only planning on updating evidence because my husband has now gone out to Australia ahead of us. I was just going to provide evidence that we are in daily contact with each other. I’d be interested to hear whether others are updating as the process goes on. 

16 hours ago, mia.oh.my said:

It’s s calculated risk in my eyes. If there is nothing you are in doubt about in your evidence/lives then there should be no reason to decline a visa. It’s just a waiting game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GemTrae said:

Well, flights are booked for 8th July. Qantas have a flash sale on for anyone looking at travelling!

No sign of a visa yet so still not sure whether I'll need to pay for my medical again. 

Thanks for the heads up, might have to have a trip out later on in the year!

Hello all

I am also a long time lurker and have found this thread really helpful.  I thought I would share my timeline to add to the wider picture:

309/100 submitted front loaded (no agent): 2 July 2018

Medical uploaded: 4 August 2018

Police certificate uploaded: 24 August 2018

RFI (police check as error on first): 21 November 2018

Information uploaded: 17 December 2018

I am aiming to move to Melbourne around September once I qualify in my field, wondering if I will have to plan a trip to Aus before then if my visa is granted is next month or so. 

14 hours ago, Heather Kennedy said:

Hi all, really hoping CEP, gemtrae and charbok you get your Visa grant this week.

Apart from my RFI I didn't add anything though I had uploaded alot of info at start.

Keep warm, this week to those still here and stay cool out in Oz!

Yes, good luck peeps! It's got sadly very quiet on the approval front but I'm hopeful that now Australia Bank Holiday weekend is over, everyone will get back to work! Probably wishful thinking but you never know. 

Cannot believe that this thread has been viewed over 30,000. That's so impressive!

I wish I knew if the was a rough order to the approvals. Are they processed in order of lodgement? If there was an RFI , order of RFI request or the date when all the docs were uploaded?

The constant checking is driving me a touch doo-lally 🤪[emoji23][emoji14]

• Like 1

Hello, so I've just had a RFI this morning (maybe things are picking up again?!) and along with my husbands medical and police check, they've listed an  Australian Federal Police Check under my name, but given I've never lived in Australia other than for the odd 2-3 week holidays, do I just ignore this? I'm have Citizenship by Descent so have only ever lived in the UK. I have emailed the CO back, so hoping they actually reply...

As a Sponsor, do I complete a medical examination too? Sorry for all the questions 😫

Edited by mia.oh.my

Hi all, 

Hello from a hot and humid Bali. We’ve just had to come here to allow our Visa grant which came through over dinner tonight. 

We applied 1/5/18 and were recently asked to leave the country (10 days ago I think). My wife came in on a 600 visa, notifying Immi of the intent. We have three kids and married 9 years. For those of you concerned, if you are clearly a genuine relationship I’d advise against concern, just do be open and completely honest. I think ours took a while all in, but we came here in September as we planned in Feb (2-3 months before submitting) and all has turned out well. The system is predominantly good, but play by the rules and do it right and you won’t have a problem.

to all those waiting, have faith, have patience and all will be good. If you do come in on a 600 visa and have to depart I can highly recommend Bali. But it is a short holiday from what feels like a long holiday...

love to all.

42 minutes ago, mia.oh.my said:

Hello, so I've just had a RFI this morning (maybe things are picking up again?!) and along with my husbands medical and police check, they've listed an  Australian Federal Police Check under my name, but given I've never lived in Australia other than for the odd 2-3 week holidays, do I just ignore this? I'm have Citizenship by Descent so have only ever lived in the UK. I have emailed the CO back, so hoping they actually reply...

As a Sponsor, do I complete a medical examination too? Sorry for all the questions 😫

That's odd, about the police check. I've just check the Home Affairs site and it mentions that you need a police check from every country you've lived in from the age of 16 (from the past 10 years)

I have a similar situation. Lived in Australia as a child up to my 2nd year and move to the Netherlands where I've lived ever since. I figured I didn't need a police check from Australia and decided just to request once from the Dutch Government.

16 minutes ago, Jagermeester said:

That's odd, about the police check. I've just check the Home Affairs site and it mentions that you need a police check from every country you've lived in from the age of 16 (from the past 10 years)

I have a similar situation. Lived in Australia as a child up to my 2nd year and move to the Netherlands where I've lived ever since. I figured I didn't need a police check from Australia and decided just to request once from the Dutch Government.

Well, that's what I figured too. I've rechecked my Sponsor application and it's clear I've never lived in Australia (or anywhere else!). Hoping my CO will respond and enlighten me...

Update:

I had a second RFI and managed to get required info, I have been given a name and position number to respond to, but no clue how to do so. Do I respond to email? Do I upload, though the letter expressly says to that person quoting their details. 

The letter is so ambiguous!

argh!!!

22 minutes ago, SydneyBound said:

Update:

I had a second RFI and managed to get required info, I have been given a name and position number to respond to, but no clue how to do so. Do I respond to email? Do I upload, though the letter expressly says to that person quoting their details. 

The letter is so ambiguous!

argh!!!

I just responded to the email. But I haven't heard back yet so who knows if this method works! 

5 minutes ago, mia.oh.my said:

I just responded to the email. But I haven't heard back yet so who knows if this method works! 

When did you respond? 

I responded via email and got two emails in return, one saying they deleted the email without reading and one saying it would be  processed. What the hell?!

i also uploaded on immi and provided cover letter.

2 minutes ago, SydneyBound said:

When did you respond? 

I responded via email and got two emails in return, one saying they deleted the email without reading and one saying it would be  processed. What the hell?!

i also uploaded on immi and provided cover letter.

I responded today - I had an auto email back saying they had my email but it also said if you don't quote your name / DOB / Ref, they'll delete your email without even reading it. 

Imagine if the Embassy had a Live Chat feature - that would help me no end!

5 hours ago, mia.oh.my said:

I had the same thought when lodging so I rang the Global service centre and They told me the following;

The AFP Cert is required for the sponsor to prove they have not been in trouble with the law since birth, so if there are any juvenile "issues" then Immi can see it and make their judgment. As it is they can only see your adult file but the AFP check tells your story from birth. 

I left Australia at 10 years old and when I applied for AFP Cert I gave them 10 years of UK addresses and all was fine. Took 6 weeks but that was over Christmas, cost about £25.