Well my alarm is set for 5hrs 45 mins from now, taxi picking us up at 4.15am!!! Tomorrow we fly to Brisbane!! Ive got my fingers crossed for a golden email before we land lol if not then it's a mini break to NZ at some point!!

That's so exciting@ZoeHoulding have a fab flight and all crossed for some great news whilst you are in the air.
We won't be joining you all in Brissy until July I'm afraid but have a house to pack and sell so need a bit more time!!!!! Defo class of the second half of 2018 catch up when we are all there tho xox
  • Like 3

On 21/01/2019 at 08:16, CEP said:

Morning all (well it is in Brisbane!) 

well here’s to the start of a brand new week and some life changing emails for some 😊

here’s to hoping this is the week that I stop wishing my life away 😂

Good luck! I can’t believe how long it’s taking for others 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CEP said:

@ATE I know! The irony being that we have to justify the strength of our relationships lol! If your relationship survives this process then I think you’re doing ok lol 😂 

Literally surviving this process has been the proof that we are meant to be together 😂

Hope everyone is holding up OK and if you are onshore like me, enjoying the heatwave! Scorchers in Melbs but I heard SA is seriously hot!

• Like 2

Hi all, I'm in!

Been having a few computer/ email problems so checked immi account this evening to find the word finalised on my status. Bit overwhelming but very relieved,  husband is delighted, he is going home after 35 years here!

Thanks all for your support and I hope others on similar time scale will also get good news this week.

We fly 9 weeks tomorrow as does our dog! Leaving 23 yr old son here so slight mixed feelings!

• Like 4
  • Congratulations 1

Hi everyone!

I’ve just discovered this forum and thread. We are right at the beginning of his journey and OMG it sounds like a nightmare! 

How long has it taken everyone to get their visas finalised? I saw post about 12 month tourist visas and I’m wondering if this would be an option for us? 

My husband is Australian, been together 8 years, married for 2. Lived in aus for 6 months and then in the UK for 7 1/2 years. We’re ready to make he love, why does it have to be so difficult? 

Can anyone recommend an agent? I spoke to Haskew Law but the man was really rude and I refuse to trust them. Or, has anyone experience of doing the application themselves? 

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated! 

Thanks! 

Claire

Edited by clairechesh

22 minutes ago, Heather Kennedy said:

Hi all, I'm in!

Been having a few computer/ email problems so checked immi account this evening to find the word finalised on my status. Bit overwhelming but very relieved,  husband is delighted, he is going home after 35 years here!

Thanks all for your support and I hope others on similar time scale will also get good news this week.

We fly 9 weeks tomorrow as does our dog! Leaving 23 yr old son here so slight mixed feelings!

Amazing! Plus your son will get to visit, so win win. 

It does seem as if they are going through them in RFI order. Maybe me next week! 😮 

• Like 3

Hi @clairechesh!  Welcome to the waiting room 🙂

If you look a few posts further back, I've uploaded a link to a spreadsheet which shows the timelines for people on this forum and some others.  There's a bunch of us who submitted from May onwards who had requests for further info (RFIs) around the same time, toward the latter part of 2018.   As @SydneyBound says above, it looks like they are now revisiting those in a rough sort of order.

Its very difficult to say "how long"it will take as each case is different.  At the start of 2018, grants flew out of London, in some cases taking just a few weeks from lodging to approval.  Then things slowed right down.

Make sure you have all your info together and your application as complete as it can be.  There's lots of tips on here how to prepare your docs etc.  As for whether or not to use an agent, thats a common debate you'll see on here.  There's arguments for both sides really.  

As you'll see, there's some of us who took tourist visas to wait it out onshore - it really all depends on your own circumstances. 

Its a pretty good bunch here - we're pretty well behaved I'd say! So.... welcome!

• Like 3

Hi everyone!
I’ve just discovered this forum and thread. We are right at the beginning of his journey and OMG it sounds like a nightmare! 
How long has it taken everyone to get their visas finalised? I saw post about 12 month tourist visas and I’m wondering if this would be an option for us? 
My husband is Australian, been together 8 years, married for 2. Lived in aus for 6 months and then in the UK for 7 1/2 years. We’re ready to make he love, why does it have to be so difficult? 
Can anyone recommend an agent? I spoke to Haskew Law but the man was really rude and I refuse to trust them. Or, has anyone experience of doing the application themselves? 
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated! 
Thanks! 
Claire
Congrats @Heather Kennedy amazing news @Clairechesh the average if you can say there is one seems to be 5-9months but as CEP said it's luck of the draw with the CO and if they find an issue on the application.
I would say we did it ourselves and after heaps of research and planning it was still a good week or two to get everything together and scanned and submitted.
Our RFI was a minor question which an agent may or may not have seen.
Yours does sound straight forward but I guess it comes down to how good at detail you are as an agent ensures you have provided everything ...... best of luck
  • Like 1

Also... I think anyone who did the application themselves last year did pretty well as the website has been undergoing some updates which have sometimes made it very difficult to navigate.  I think a lot of the information when we applied was starting to become dated, in particular where it referred to applications on paper and certifying documents etc.

My RFI was for my partner's (the sponsor) birth certificate and UK police check as he had visited the uk for more than 12 months cumulatively in the last 10 years.  Really speaking these were rookie errors - but you live and learn!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heather Kennedy said:

Hi all, I'm in!

Well done you! 👏👏 

I hope you don't mind me asking you a few questions as we are on exactly the same boat just waiting for that golden email now and will be leaving my 23 years son here, who i hope will follow. Our dog will be coming with us, who are you using to transport your special cargo to their new life? I'm so worried about this and o think as up to date with everything I need for her without actually knowing the date we leave so some tests/check are time sensitive.

Hope you didn't mind me asking just feeling overwhelmed by moving to the other side of the world so want to make sure I'm as prepared as i can be beforehand. 

Kind regards 

Nicci 

28 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

Congrats @Heather Kennedy amazing news @Clairechesh the average if you can say there is one seems to be 5-9months but as CEP said it's luck of the draw with the CO and if they find an issue on the application.
I would say we did it ourselves and after heaps of research and planning it was still a good week or two to get everything together and scanned and submitted.
Our RFI was a minor question which an agent may or may not have seen.
Yours does sound straight forward but I guess it comes down to how good at detail you are as an agent ensures you have provided everything ...... best of luck

Thank you for your reply! I have started the application online and need to go back through it this weekend to make sure we’ve supplied all the correct details.

Just wondering, when it asks countries visited in the last 10 years for less than 12 months, does this include holidays and short breaks?! Need to get my thinking cap well and truly on for this! 

This visa application seems a lot more complex than the UK version! 

Thanks xx

1 hour ago, CEP said:

Hi @clairechesh!  Welcome to the waiting room 🙂

If you look a few posts further back, I've uploaded a link to a spreadsheet which shows the timelines for people on this forum and some others.  There's a bunch of us who submitted from May onwards who had requests for further info (RFIs) around the same time, toward the latter part of 2018.   As @SydneyBound says above, it looks like they are now revisiting those in a rough sort of order.

Its very difficult to say "how long"it will take as each case is different.  At the start of 2018, grants flew out of London, in some cases taking just a few weeks from lodging to approval.  Then things slowed right down.

Make sure you have all your info together and your application as complete as it can be.  There's lots of tips on here how to prepare your docs etc.  As for whether or not to use an agent, thats a common debate you'll see on here.  There's arguments for both sides really.  

As you'll see, there's some of us who took tourist visas to wait it out onshore - it really all depends on your own circumstances. 

Its a pretty good bunch here - we're pretty well behaved I'd say! So.... welcome!

Thank you so much for a warm welcome! It feels like an absolute minefield! I’m definitely going to look back through this thread and others for further guidance. 

With regards to the tourist visa, which I read about on this thread previously, we can (if permitted by the visa people) apply for the 12 month tourist visa whilst we wait for our partner visas to be granted? And we need to leave aus for five days and re-enter on the new visa? I’m just thinking of ways and means of getting there quicker. We have a big family in Oz, so this could be an option for us. 

Sprrg for all the questions, I’m already impatient do I can’t omagine how it is for everyone else! 

Cheers! 

Claire

@clairechesh  I took it at face value - all international travel movements in the last 10 years, holidays, trips, etc.

It took me an age and to be honest - I was thankful that I actually had managed to document most of my trips on facebook over the time period!  In fact facebook has been pretty instrumental in my application for date gathering 🙂 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CEP said:

@clairechesh  I took it at face value - all international travel movements in the last 10 years, holidays, trips, etc.

It took me an age and to be honest - I was thankful that I actually had managed to document most of my trips on facebook over the time period!  In fact facebook has been pretty instrumental in my application for date gathering 🙂 

Of course Facebook! Why didn’t I think of that?!!! For our honeymoon we travelled around Europe, nevermind all the other holidays! Looks like my weekend is going to be fun...! It’ll all be worth it in the end! 

We’ve got a trip to Oz booked for April for two weeks to see family and our nephew’s christening, this won’t affect my application will it? (Prob a stupid question!) 

3 minutes ago, clairechesh said:

Thank you so much for a warm welcome! It feels like an absolute minefield! I’m definitely going to look back through this thread and others for further guidance. 

With regards to the tourist visa, which I read about on this thread previously, we can (if permitted by the visa people) apply for the 12 month tourist visa whilst we wait for our partner visas to be granted? And we need to leave aus for five days and re-enter on the new visa? I’m just thinking of ways and means of getting there quicker. We have a big family in Oz, so this could be an option for us. 

Sprrg for all the questions, I’m already impatient do I can’t omagine how it is for everyone else! 

Cheers! 

Claire

yep you can apply for 3, 6 or 12 months tourist.  There's no guarantee of approval as with any other visa application.  In fact in many high risk countries they are often refused.

I applied for mine in October (after submitting my PMV 300 in May) and I requested a 6 month tourism stream.  I included a letter from my partner stating that I would be staying with him and he had sufficient funds to support us both, I also included 3 of his payslips.  Within 48 hours I was granted the 6 month (multiple entry) tourist visa.  I entered on 30th October but then I left to go to NZ for a week at the start of this month so when I re-entered again it "reset"the 6 month clock so technically I can stay until July on my tourist visa.... I'd like to think that I'd have some movement on my PMV before then.... yesterday would have been great lol!

In terms of your April trip - you can still travel as long as you have the appropriate visa to do so.  I've been in and out since submitting for my PMV300 in May.  Its how we continue our relationship - by visiting eachother 🙂   If you are referring to applying for a tourist visa AFTER submitting your partner visa then you  need to be on top of things.  If your 309 is approved BEFORE your tourist visa then you would need to cancel your tourist visa application straight away.  Otherwise you run the risk of the tourist visa cancelling out your partner visa.  As long as you are constantly on Immi - then its not a problem lol - most of us are logged on to Immi for a large portion of our waking hours lol!!

I quite enjoyed piecing back our time together and looking through old facebook posts...  The part I really disliked was the Form 888s....  First of all, waiting for people to fill them in... and then trying to get people in the UK to sign things is super difficult!!  Everyone is so guarded about what they sign so in the end they say they are "not allowed to".  So arranging witnesses and person making statement can be tricky.  However if you have family in Oz then its so much easier to get these done over here 🙂  Put it this way....  My family in australia had written, made copies of passports, signed in front of JP and posted them back to the UK before some of my UK family and friends had started writing theirs!  I think that says more about my family and friends.... no wonder I'm moving!!

• Like 2