Argh, problems! 

Second RFI! 

They are requesting sponsor proof of British citizenship. My missus is by descent, here dad is British but he was born in Kenya as his dad was in the army. 

This is what thy sent:

Documentary evidence of the date and method of acquisition of the Sponsor's British citizenship, e.g. citizenship certificate or letter from the relevant authority detailing where, on what date and by what means their British citizenship was acquired. Please note that a passport is not acceptable evidence as it does not provide the required information.
-2-
 If you are unable to provide the required documentation please make a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 to HM Passport Office. To do so please write to the Peterborough Passport Office and request the release of your passport details including the Section and Act of Parliament under which you acquired your British citizenship and the date on which it was acquired. You should include a copy of your current British passport and a cheque or postal order made payable to HM Passport Office for £10.

anyone else been in a situation like this? 

SB

Edited by SydneyBound
Mistake

Arrived in Brisbane, straight through security, I was a little anxious as im on tourist visa lol got to the apartment for wifi........ still no golden email!! Looks like a trip toNZ when it does arrive xx

But on the plus side, im sat on my balocny looking at houses in 25c heat at 10.15pm  xx

• Like 3

Thanks [mention=265638]Katiebobbles[/mention] xx  Seriously - I'm surprised I haven't gone back on the cigs!  I must have really given them up this time (I quit in may - a week before lodging the application lol!)

Lol at least you have otherwise you may spend the mortgage budget on a pack .... I've told my OH he has to quit before we get back he can't afford to smoke over there !!!!!
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Nicci said:

Well done you! 👏👏 

I hope you don't mind me asking you a few questions as we are on exactly the same boat just waiting for that golden email now and will be leaving my 23 years son here, who i hope will follow. Our dog will be coming with us, who are you using to transport your special cargo to their new life? I'm so worried about this and o think as up to date with everything I need for her without actually knowing the date we leave so some tests/check are time sensitive.

Hope you didn't mind me asking just feeling overwhelmed by moving to the other side of the world so want to make sure I'm as prepared as i can be beforehand. 

Kind regards 

Nicci 

Hi Nicci, I understand the feeling overwhelmed, there is a lot to get through!!  As for our 4 legged pals I booked for it all to be handled by Pet air UK, they came highly recommended by our vets who had had experience of clients doing it all themselves and doing it through the company. There is a lot to ensure you have exactly right and for me the peace of mind that it should all be in place is priceless. I was also made aware that getting a slot to fly books up quite far in advance and I actually had Jasper (the dog) booked before I booked ours. Hope that helps but keep in touch, Heather

Hi Nicci, I understand the feeling overwhelmed, there is a lot to get through!!  As for our 4 legged pals I booked for it all to be handled by Pet air UK, they came highly recommended by our vets who had had experience of clients doing it all themselves and doing it through the company. There is a lot to ensure you have exactly right and for me the peace of mind that it should all be in place is priceless. I was also made aware that getting a slot to fly books up quite far in advance and I actually had Jasper (the dog) booked before I booked ours. Hope that helps but keep in touch, Heather
I have used Pet Air UK for my cats too. They are currently booked for May to fly so I'm hoping my visa comes before then! The experience has been pretty good so far. In fact, it's only proving difficult for me to get into the country, everything else, though pricey has been fairly easy to arrange!

5 hours ago, SydneyBound said:

Argh, problems! 

Second RFI! 

They are requesting sponsor proof of British citizenship. My missus is by descent, here dad is British but he was born in Kenya as his dad was in the army. 

This is what thy sent:

Documentary evidence of the date and method of acquisition of the Sponsor's British citizenship, e.g. citizenship certificate or letter from the relevant authority detailing where, on what date and by what means their British citizenship was acquired. Please note that a passport is not acceptable evidence as it does not provide the required information.
-2-
 If you are unable to provide the required documentation please make a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 to HM Passport Office. To do so please write to the Peterborough Passport Office and request the release of your passport details including the Section and Act of Parliament under which you acquired your British citizenship and the date on which it was acquired. You should include a copy of your current British passport and a cheque or postal order made payable to HM Passport Office for £10.

anyone else been in a situation like this? 

SB

Hoping that I haven't misunderstood, but.......

The law you are looking for is The British Nationality Act 1981.

"Children born overseas to parents on Crown Service are normally granted British citizenship otherwise than by descent, so their status is the same as it would have been had they been born in the UK." 

I would have thought that a copy of her father's Birth certificate would be ok with an explanation of the law as her dad will be named on her Birth Certificate.

An SAR from Peterborough wouldn't say when,where or how you got the citizenship, just that its current with the passport and any british visa information they had on you.

Edited by Waitingaround

Hi there, thanks all for a great read whilst passing the time and for the excellent spreadsheet....really useful and feel free to add me on.

I applied myself 18th Nov, medical done 2 weeks later but uploaded all of my evidence, police checks (for both myself and sponsor) around Jan 1st so just playing the waiting game now.  My application has 'received' against it, Sponsor has 'submitted' still - sound normal?

One thing I can't find an answer to is under my application there's sections to upload documents for my immediate (non-migrating) family, so my mum, dd and sister - does that sound normal to you guys?

I'm wondering if I added them into part of the application on the wrong page and they're waiting for docs for them too.  It doesn't ask for specific docs (like character reference etc) like for me and my sponsor, just 'other' docs.

Hoping it's a smooth process, together for 5 years, joint home-owners 3 years and recently married.....i guess we'll see!

UF.

To @Urban_Fox, the status on both applications is totally normal- I applied on 31/10 and mine are the same. @Ausgirl42 reassured me of this! 

Its strange that your family members are coming up to upload documents for- I don’t have that. Did you potentially enter them in as migrating members of the family instead of non- migrating?

To @clairechesh, I believe there’s an option to add a child to the application as an amendment, or you can apply for Australian citizenship by descent once the child is born.

• Like 1

@Urban_Fox I applied on the 28th October 2018 and my status also shows as received (applicant), and submitted (sponsor). I check regularly for any change, but nothing yet...I guess it’s early days. I don’t have any upload section for any other members of my family, other than my husband (who is the sponsor). I’m wondering if maybe you’ve accidentally ticked a box and that’s the reason you have that...puzzling 🤔 Hopefully someone else can shed some light on that. 

2 hours ago, Urban_Fox said:

Hi there, thanks all for a great read whilst passing the time and for the excellent spreadsheet....really useful and feel free to add me on.

I applied myself 18th Nov, medical done 2 weeks later but uploaded all of my evidence, police checks (for both myself and sponsor) around Jan 1st so just playing the waiting game now.  My application has 'received' against it, Sponsor has 'submitted' still - sound normal?

One thing I can't find an answer to is under my application there's sections to upload documents for my immediate (non-migrating) family, so my mum, dd and sister - does that sound normal to you guys?

I'm wondering if I added them into part of the application on the wrong page and they're waiting for docs for them too.  It doesn't ask for specific docs (like character reference etc) like for me and my sponsor, just 'other' docs.

Hoping it's a smooth process, together for 5 years, joint home-owners 3 years and recently married.....i guess we'll see!

UF.

Hi @Urban_Fox

I too had this happen and was wondering why I had my husband’s family who were not migrating to Aus with us coming up. I am the sponsor and when we did my husband’s application form, we misunderstood the question and thought ‘family unit’ meant his mum, dad, brother and sister. However after paying for a telephone consultation with a migration agent, they confirmed that ‘family unit’ is referencing dependants only (aka - if they had a child with another partner and there could be a future possibility that they may migrate). The migration agent told me to lodge a notification of change in circumstances in my immi account and just say I misunderstood the question. Nothing has changed since I did so, but I don’t think our application has been looked at yet (we applied 4th october so fingers crossed soon) so hopefully once it is, all will be fine. 

Hope that helps! 

Welcome to the waiting lounge @Urban_Fox 

Long service members will notice I've now started to refer to it as the "lounge" rather than the "room"- simply because we've been here a while so i think lounge feels more homely.  Although I hope to be let out on good behaviour in the near future!  

Sloooooow progress this week - its absolute torture!  I just want to get back into work!! Here's an update on current state of play 🙂 

I'm poised - waiting to colour in more blocks of green... 

image.thumb.png.4169f5a880b936e64a8078092e99344c.png

image.thumb.png.cc4aaed62aa3f5e146942b2ebc7a5df2.png

Offshore Partner Visa London.xlsx

• Like 1

Reading all these posts makes me certain I've probably uploaded something wrong or my 80's birth certificate isn't considered 'official' anymore... aaaggghhh!! *bangs head against the desk*

@clairechesh We did all the paperwork ourselves and it was a massive undertaking but I don't regret (yet) not using an agent. We set up a shared Google Drive so my husband and I could both upload documents and file them in one place. Then used https://smallpdf.com (so worth getting the pro version!) to squash and or merge documents together so we didn't 'waste' any of the 100 document upload quota. Like @CEP said, Facebook and Instagram are great resources for screen grabbing time stamped shots where you and your partner have been tagged, especially with other friends. 

• Like 1

@mia.oh.my is yours the 80s uk birth certificate?  My parents had the short one which basically just says my name and date of birth. I think it was just cheaper at the time. It was as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike so I ended up getting the full version when I renewed my passport in 2005.

13 hours ago, CEP said:

Welcome to the waiting lounge @Urban_Fox 

Long service members will notice I've now started to refer to it as the "lounge" rather than the "room"- simply because we've been here a while so i think lounge feels more homely.  Although I hope to be let out on good behaviour in the near future!  

Sloooooow progress this week - its absolute torture!  I just want to get back into work!! Here's an update on current state of play 🙂 

I'm poised - waiting to colour in more blocks of green... 

image.thumb.png.4169f5a880b936e64a8078092e99344c.png

image.thumb.png.cc4aaed62aa3f5e146942b2ebc7a5df2.png

Offshore Partner Visa London.xlsx

This certainly cjeered me up amd made me smile....oh what a wait!! I'm the partner of Kung -Fu-Koala and feels loke forever since we applied, chasing agent still no further forward 🤔

If rumours are true and they process more at the start and end of each month, fingers crossed we see a surge of golden tickets next week 🙂

I'm about to book tickets to go over for a visit at Easter for 2 weeks, hoping to activate my visa at the same time...

• Like 1