2 hours ago, Askem81 said:

I read this post the other day and secretly hoped that it would be our week. I didn’t want to jinx it and write anything, but we got our 309/100 tonight!! I’ve actually already arrived in aus now and my hubby (the applicant) is heading out in a couple of weeks! Thank goodness for that!! All the very best to everyone waiting. Fingers crossed that the waits are quick, boringly normal and that your lives in Aus are full of happiness.xx.

Congratulations 🙂 ! Super news 

2 hours ago, Askem81 said:

I read this post the other day and secretly hoped that it would be our week. I didn’t want to jinx it and write anything, but we got our 309/100 tonight!! I’ve actually already arrived in aus now and my hubby (the applicant) is heading out in a couple of weeks! Thank goodness for that!! All the very best to everyone waiting. Fingers crossed that the waits are quick, boringly normal and that your lives in Aus are full of happiness.xx.

Woohoo!  Keep them coming London!  Congratulations!

17 hours ago, KitCat said:

Fingers crossed! As laf mentioned re the medicals, once you download the HAP ID form, you can call up and book your appointment using the ID. Only takes a few days to get an appointment :).

Perfect thanks guys!! Really trying to get there by June so want to get everything done (ie medicals) as soon as possible to avoid any delays. Good that it's only taking a few days to get medicals done as I read before that there were lengthy delays even to get them done!

Boom!

Just received 309 and 100 too this afternoon. As above no contact, applied 28th June.  Actually still awaiting sponsors police checks as only ordered them last week so quite shocked it's come through without question!

Everything else was front loaded, so that was pretty slick given we saw 20+ months in July as the waiting time 😀

Edited by Stoney
  • Like 3

Just received my golden email 309 immediately followed by 100 visa grant!
no prior contact, we applied 30th June 
I am flying out 30th December for a visit and March for good, applied evisitor visa a few weeks ago but that's not needed anymore!!
So excited [emoji898]

Congratulations and wish you all the best for your future[emoji5]

Boom!
Just received 309 and 100 too this afternoon. As above no contact, applied 28th June.  Actually still awaiting sponsors police checks as only ordered them last week so quite shocked it's come through without question!
Everything else was front loaded, so that was pretty slick given we saw 20+ months in July as the waiting time [emoji3]

Congratulations, especially without police checks [emoji15] fab news.
  • Like 1

Hello everyone!

Some lovely stories in this thread which make myself and my wife's aims realistic. We put the first part of our 309/100 in last night and paid the money. We have the long list of evidence to submit now so we'll get to work on that. There's just the two of us - we got married in September and have lived together for three years. She is Aussie but has been living here (Manchester) for seven years. It's time for her to go home and we are aiming to move to WA by Mid September 2019. We decided against an agent as our case (should be) is pretty straightforward. 

I have a few questions....

Is it too late for our application to be seen as 'front loaded'? I'll be calling up tomorrow to book my health assessment in asap. Likewise with the police check. 

As we paid the money yesterday, will that forever be the date of our application even though we haven't done the evidence bit yet?  

Any other tips?

It's all pretty daunting but also really bloody exciting. 

Any help would be really appreciated!

8 hours ago, Freo81 said:

Hello everyone!

Some lovely stories in this thread which make myself and my wife's aims realistic. We put the first part of our 309/100 in last night and paid the money. We have the long list of evidence to submit now so we'll get to work on that. There's just the two of us - we got married in September and have lived together for three years. She is Aussie but has been living here (Manchester) for seven years. It's time for her to go home and we are aiming to move to WA by Mid September 2019. We decided against an agent as our case (should be) is pretty straightforward. 

I have a few questions....

Is it too late for our application to be seen as 'front loaded'? I'll be calling up tomorrow to book my health assessment in asap. Likewise with the police check. 

As we paid the money yesterday, will that forever be the date of our application even though we haven't done the evidence bit yet?  

Any other tips?

It's all pretty daunting but also really bloody exciting. 

Any help would be really appreciated!

Hi Freo81 

Fresh from getting my visa today so happy to offer some help.

Of course by uploading all your evidence now will be considered front loading your application.   My definition of front loading is having your health and police checks done ahead of any case officer interaction, which could be wrong haha.

There are the mandatory things to get.  We had three witness statements from Aussie friends who could vouch for the legitimacy of the relationship and application. 

We did the form 888 too which seems par for the course.  We didn't get around to uploading my wife's police certificates and some people say a female sponsor is less likely to need to provide them as the focus is around domestic violence apparently, but we were approved anyway.

Other tips.  We forgot to do the sponsor linked application on the immiaccount so make sure you do that, the immigration website is also very clear on the steps needed to demonstrate a true relationship and how to substantiate that.

Otherwise ask questions as someone else will have experience on your questions!

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed Facebook reference

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Hi Freo81 

Fresh from getting my visa today so happy to offer some help.

Of course by uploading all your evidence now will be considered front loading your application.   My definition of front loading is having your health and police checks done ahead of any case officer interaction, which could be wrong haha.

There are the mandatory things to get.  We had three witness statements from Aussie friends who could vouch for the legitimacy of the relationship and application. 

We did the form 888 too which seems par for the course.  We didn't get around to uploading my wife's police certificates and some people say a female sponsor is less likely to need to provide them as the focus is around domestic violence apparently, but we were approved anyway.

Other tips.  We forgot to do the sponsor linked application on the immiaccount so make sure you do that, the immigration website is also very clear on the steps needed to demonstrate a true relationship and how to substantiate that.

Otherwise ask questions as someone else will have experience on your questions!

Thanks so much and obviously massive congrats. How on earth is it possible to get the 100 without an officer even taking the application? That's amazing!

We plan to have a few people do 888's for the social bit as well as my wives family who live in Oz. 

When you say the sponsor linked application, do you mean the evidence for the sponsor presented in the different drop down menu? We will be doing that for sure. 

15 hours ago, SydneyBound said:

Amazing all, very pleased for you. 

Now if they can pull their fingers out for us further info peeps 😉

I know!! So happy for those getting visas but goodness me makes my April application sad! 

Haha. I take heart that they are clearly racing through and will circle back to ours soon 

Looks like the visa team had their weetabix yesterday as I got my 309 and 100 through as well. I applied in UK on 25th June with police checks and medical loaded soon after that. Hope this flurry of activity continues and those waiting hear good news soon!

• Like 4

Looks like the visa team had their weetabix yesterday as I got my 309 and 100 through as well. I applied in UK on 25th June with police checks and medical loaded soon after that. Hope this flurry of activity continues and those waiting hear good news soon!

Congratulations!
  • Like 1

Yours will be here soon Laf!!

Thanks for your support Jon. Must say I'm feeling very despondent seeing all the later applications being approved. My application seemed so straightforward. Paranoid I've done something wrong or that I've been overlooked due to some kind of admin error. [emoji17]
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, laf said:

Thanks for your support Jon. Must say I'm feeling very despondent seeing all the later applications being approved. My application seemed so straightforward. Paranoid I've done something wrong or that I've been overlooked due to some kind of admin error. emoji17.png

Feeling the same way laf.  

All I had to update was where i had visited.  So paranoid that my agent hasn't uploaded it properly or something

Or I changed a date or something

• Like 1

Oh la la London is going off again! Congratulations to all. Disappointed our NZ Police report is taking so long (over 3 weeks now) and we have managed to get an Australian one, Portuguese one and have it translated in the meantime. It's so frustrating feeling that we are treading water waiting for further info. Gaaah! 

• Like 1

Hi laf and further info peeps,

I'm new here and I just wanted to show you some support because my partner and I are going through pretty much the same situation! we are using a migrant agent so we can't check the progress on immi website. our visa application (820) got refused previously due to some stupid technical mistake so we can't afford to get it refused again!! We are just hoping the police checks that they asked for are the only documents they need to finalized the application! 🤞

5 minutes ago, adelaidian said:

I'm new here and I just wanted to show you some support because my partner and I are going through pretty much the same situation! we are using a migrant agent so we can't check the progress on immi website. our visa application (820) got refused previously due to some stupid technical mistake so we can't afford to get it refused again!! We are just hoping the police checks that they asked for are the only documents they need to finalized the application! 🤞

Oh no - why on earth was it refused? Did you use an agent last time too?

Good luck - hoping they circle back around to us who have been asked for further info soon!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, adelaidian said:

Welcome.  How awful to have a refusal.  I'm a lawyer but used a migration agent as the possibility of a technical mistake freaked me out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, adelaidian said:

Our experiences all seem so vastly different! We have recently had our 309/100 granted thankfully. It wasn’t without challenges - including a less than helpful agent - and I recently discovered that our application was “on hold” despite not having any idea about that! We are foster carers in the U.K. and due to needing to move children to new carers before we left the U.K., we asked the high commission (via our agent) for further clarity on the processing times, especially as the timings kept changing and we needed to know when to move the children on. Anyway, the high commission somehow took this as necessary to put our application on hold!! We had no idea and kept seeing other grants happening. I decided to question the agent again and she made it very clear how much of a nuisance I was being. Nonetheless, we paid her and I still felt it was important to figure out what was going on. In the end, she contacted them and she realised the mistake had been made. A week later, the visa was granted. People, please ask questions. You have paid such a lot of money for the visa and also, if you have chosen to, for your agent. I’m pleased I continued asking questions, otherwise we’d still be waiting. All the very best to you all. 

• Like 1

Congratulations GB1978[emoji898]
  • Like 1