37 minutes ago, BB88 said:

I am June 2018 and still waiting 🙂

If they have requested documents, wouldn't your status by under Initial Assessment or Further Assessment?  Doesn't appear so from your signature.

I was hoping that as well but my Immi account is frozen , any way what we can do 😤

2 hours ago, jackgu310 said:

State: VIC
Birth Country: HR
Stream: 186 TRT (457 to 186)
Number of applicants: 3
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied: 19th July 2018 
Additional Document Requested for nomination: 11th June 2019   
Nomination approved: 13th July  2019
s56 request Language fee of partner on  2nd August ( paid it at the same day)
I would like to ask how long should i need to wait for PR GRANT😂😂😂😂

@jackgu310, It is difficult for anyone to predict timelines. But based on recent updates on this forum, expect an outcome between now and 6 weeks time.

3 hours ago, BigBan said:

, It is difficult for anyone to predict timelines. But based on recent updates on this forum, expect an outcome between now and 6 weeks time.

Been waiting longer than 6 weeks.

Wonder if there is any timelines for what’s the average waiting period after s56? 

PR granted today! This forum really helped me a lot and thanks for all updates from everyone and you will get there soon just be patient. Details below and I do have a few questions to follow. 

• Onshore, low risk, 1 applicant, 457->186 grandfather rules, TRT
  • lodged mid May
  • nomination granted a few days later and s56 requested 3 days later
  • NSW PESE team

So total duration is just less than 3 months

Questions

1. I have a basic health insurance since I got my 457 just to meet the visa requirement. Can I cancel my health insurance now once I get my 186 PR? 
  2. I have been using my overseas drivers license because 457 was classified as a temporary visa, and I think 186 PR requires a legit Australian Drivers license. Do I have to transfer my overseas license to Australian one immediately now? 
  3. I have got myself an interim medicare card once I lodged my 186 application, how do I get my permanent medicare card?

Thanks again for all the help.

• Congratulations 5

Hi guys, I'm back. I posted about my visa refusal on January this year and been through a hard time. I applied for the AAT Tribunal and luckily, my family won the appeal. 

The court decided to set aside the result that made the nomination approved. I received an email from my immigration agent yesterday. He said in the email that our family received an s56 form. 

I'm the main application and have 3 dependants which are my wife and my 2 children (22 years old and 13 years old). 

I was wondering that does my son (22y) have to go to school for the prove of enrollment for the application to be going easily? I read on the mail and saw that any dependant who is 18 or over does need to prove to have functional English or they can pay the second installment visa charge fee. Can my son pay the fee instead of taking school because he has been working for a while? 

I am looking forward for your kindly answer guys. Thank you.

Application applied: 6/2017

Application Refused: 1/2019

AAT Tribunal Court Appeal Won: 26/7/2019

Nomination Approved: 5/8/2019

Direct Entry

Position: Cook

VIC PESE

28 minutes ago, hongkoknger said:

PR granted today! This forum really helped me a lot and thanks for all updates from everyone and you will get there soon just be patient. Details below and I do have a few questions to follow. 

• lodged mid May
  • NSW PESE team

Questions

1. I have a basic health insurance since I got my 457 just to meet the visa requirement. Can I cancel my health insurance now once I get my 186 PR? 
  2. I have been using my overseas drivers license because 457 was classified as a temporary visa, and I think 186 PR requires a legit Australian Drivers license. Do I have to transfer my overseas license to Australian one immediately now? 
  3. I have got myself an interim medicare card once I lodged my 186 application, how do I get my permanent medicare card?

1. PR visa holders don’t need to have a private insurance so you can cancel it. However, they may cover some essential items that medicare may not cover. You should check out what medicare covers and then decide.

2. Depends on the state you are in. Check the website https://www.australia.gov.au/content/driving-with-an-overseas-licence

3. You just have to re-enrol at medicare centre to change to the green one.

You might find that cancelling your private health increases your tax, it might just be tax savvy to keep your private health and obviously all of the benefits having private health brings, when you do need it it comes into it’s own but fingers crossed you never will xx

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amit Gupta said:

S56 submitted on 29 may 2019, still waiting, not sure for what I got s56 🤔, when all the documents uploaded before he asked 🙄🤔. Hopefully, it won't be too long 🤞

We share almost the same dates,  nomination approved on 24/05, my wife's afp certificate requested on 17/07 uploaded on 29/07 still waiting... nsw pese 

18 minutes ago, Amit Gupta said:

S56 submitted on 29 may 2019, still waiting, not sure for what I got s56 🤔, when all the documents uploaded before he asked 🙄🤔. Hopefully, it won't be too long 🤞

So what did you submit as a response? No documents? What specifically did they ask for which was already uploaded? Was it named appropriately?

9 hours ago, Phoenix16 said:

You might find that cancelling your private health increases your tax, it might just be tax savvy to keep your private health and obviously all of the benefits having private health brings, when you do need it it comes into it’s own but fingers crossed you never will xx

@Phoenix16, I don't completely agree with you statement. It is not the case always that people pay more taxes when they cancel their private health insurance. They might save "Medicare Levy surcharge" based on their income, but "Medicare levy" they can't even when they have insurance. But I agree that private health insurance bring other benefits which shouldn't be ignored.

13 hours ago, Kinnu said:

Been waiting longer than 6 weeks.

Wonder if there is any timelines for what’s the average waiting period after s56? 

@Kinnu, yes I understand your concerns and there are exception to every timeline related to migration. I have seen many outcomes in last 2 weeks where department has taken action on application where s56 was submitted in June 2019. Please stay positive, good news should be just around the corner.

10 hours ago, Andy Truong said:

Hi guys, I'm back. I posted about my visa refusal on January this year and been through a hard time. I applied for the AAT Tribunal and luckily, my family won the appeal. 

The court decided to set aside the result that made the nomination approved. I received an email from my immigration agent yesterday. He said in the email that our family received an s56 form. 

I'm the main application and have 3 dependants which are my wife and my 2 children (22 years old and 13 years old). 

I was wondering that does my son (22y) have to go to school for the prove of enrollment for the application to be going easily? I read on the mail and saw that any dependant who is 18 or over does need to prove to have functional English or they can pay the second installment visa charge fee. Can my son pay the fee instead of taking school because he has been working for a while? 

I am looking forward for your kindly answer guys. Thank you.

Application applied: 6/2017

Application Refused: 1/2019

AAT Tribunal Court Appeal Won: 26/7/2019

Nomination Approved: 5/8/2019

Direct Entry

Position: Cook

VIC PESE

Hi Andy, welcome back and congratulations on your win. 

My DE was refused too in Feb 19.

My I please ask, reason for your previous refusal. And are you waiting for your visa grant now? Or everything finalised now ?

Thanks

@Bips22 Hi, I'm sorry to hear that. The reason that my application got refused was about the employer nomination got refused. But I applied for the appeal and won so my employer nomination has been approved and the DHA is going to keep processing my application like before but now my application status on the website is Finalised. Now me and my family have to provide medical test and police check, along side with the prove of English. That's all documents the DHA required us at the moment. I don't know that is a sign of PR granting or something, feel a bit nervous..

1 minute ago, Andy Truong said:

@Bips22 Hi, I'm sorry to hear that. The reason that my application got refused was about the employer nomination got refused. But I applied for the appeal and won so my employer nomination has been approved and the DHA is going to keep processing my application like before but now my application status on the website is Finalised. Now me and my family have to provide medical test and police check, along side with the prove of English. That's all documents the DHA required us at the moment. I don't know that is a sign of PR granting or something, feel a bit nervous..

Thanks for your reply. All the best.  

I have reapplied my visa with a 186 TRT now. Wait again. Like you I had applied in June 2017 too but got refused.

Being nervous is natural, but your good luck is here now to stay.  All the best and keep us informed. Cheers.

31 minutes ago, Pradip12 said:

Guys how can I find , which pese or team looking after my files , coz I found NSW pese on my nomination but I don’t what team is ???? 

Your MA should know or if he has forwarded any email from immi,  you will be able to find it. 

1 hour ago, Pradip12 said:

Guys how can I find , which pese or team looking after my files , coz I found NSW pese on my nomination but I don’t what team is ???? 

Hi Pradip, 

Did you get your medical done on your own ? Or did your Case Officer or Migration Agent advised you to get it done ?

13 hours ago, hongkoknger said:

• lodged mid May
  • NSW PESE team

Questions

Once you become PR, you have 6 months from the issued date to get an Australian driving license. First step is to get your overseas license verified, and then do the sittings tests (computer and hazard) and last the practical test. Check with your state authority (VicRoads, Qld department of transport, etc).

To get the green medicare card..just walk in to yoir local Centrelink with your photo ID, and visa grant notice.

In regards to private health insurance..its up to you. whether you'd like to be treated at a public or private hospital. Check the pros and cons woth your health provider.

Good luck and congrats.

N

32 minutes ago, Bips22 said:

Hi Pradip, 

Did you get your medical done on your own ? Or did your Case Officer or Migration Agent advised you to get it done ?

Hi Bips22 , I did my medical after my MA suggest me to do it . 

32 minutes ago, Bips22 said:

Hi Pradip, 

• Like 1