Hi guys ,

I need a small help

I’ve submitted my 186 visa Direct Entry Stream  application through the company I work for 2 months ago . The question I wanna ask if anyone knows is, my wife as a secondary applicant got a IELTS result few days ago overall score 5 , W-5.5 L-5.5 R-4 and S-5.5 . Has she failed considering that one of the bands it’s less then 4.5 in this case R-4 but still overall score is 5. As a secondary applicant she have to pass Functional level of English but I can’t really understand what is saying on the immigration web page does it each band has to be at least 4.5 score or just a overall score of 4.5??? I know that secondary fee if she don’t pass Functional English is around $5000 . If anyone knows anything about this pls share the information guys I would much appreciate !

Thanks 

• Congratulations 2

Hi guys.

I just got my PR now!!!! 

I was in the student visa for my wife's master. 

We were wondering if that situation would hold the visa process. We sent the Police clearance in Jun/2019 and no answer until today. I believe that they were waiting for us to be paying the last tuition fee for the master which we paid las Monday (This is only my speculation). Then the PR came through.

Thank you all.  

Keep your faith all the time.

• Congratulations 6

Hello everyone,I really need your help. My friend doing 186 in TRT Strem. She applied 186 Nom and Visa on Nov 2018. Now she is waiting for her Nomination now. But last week, Her boss break up with her Business Partner, So she decided to change her business Structure from Partner to business. Now she is really worried, but her Agnecy said she should not worried about this. This will not affect her PR. So she really wants to know will it affect her PR. Please give some advices. Thanks in advance. 

4 hours ago, pravincv said:

congratulations! were you asked to provide any additional documents between nomination and final grant? or just radio silence?

Thanks a lot. No additional documents were required during that time. Wish everybody here best of luck!

• Like 1

On 06/08/2019 at 22:00, Andy Truong said:

Hi guys, I'm back. I posted about my visa refusal on January this year and been through a hard time. I applied for the AAT Tribunal and luckily, my family won the appeal. 

The court decided to set aside the result that made the nomination approved. I received an email from my immigration agent yesterday. He said in the email that our family received an s56 form. 

I'm the main application and have 3 dependants which are my wife and my 2 children (22 years old and 13 years old). 

I was wondering that does my son (22y) have to go to school for the prove of enrollment for the application to be going easily? I read on the mail and saw that any dependant who is 18 or over does need to prove to have functional English or they can pay the second installment visa charge fee. Can my son pay the fee instead of taking school because he has been working for a while? 

I am looking forward for your kindly answer guys. Thank you.

Application applied: 6/2017

Application Refused: 1/2019

AAT Tribunal Court Appeal Won: 26/7/2019

Nomination Approved: 5/8/2019

Direct Entry

Position: Cook

VIC PESE

Hi Andy! Congrats on this. Would like to hear more about the appeal process. 

just received the refusal for my employer nomination today. Stating that my position doesn’t require me to be in australia- but in the other overseas offices instead. Any suggestions on what to submit as part of the appeal would be much appreciated! 

Thanks so much. 

Hi guys ,

I need a small help

I’ve submitted my 186 visa Direct Entry Stream  application through the company I work for 2 months ago . The question I wanna ask if anyone knows is, my wife as a secondary applicant got a IELTS result few days ago overall score 5 , W-5.5 L-5.5 R-4 and S-5.5 . Has she failed considering that one of the bands it’s less then 4.5 in this case R-4 but still overall score is 5. As a secondary applicant she have to pass Functional level of English but I can’t really understand what is saying on the immigration web page does it each band has to be at least 4.5 score or just a overall score of 4.5??? I know that secondary fee if she don’t pass Functional English is around $5000 . If anyone knows anything about this pls share the information guys I would much appreciate !thanks 

3 hours ago, Milan SERBIA said:

Hi guys ,

I need a small help

I’ve submitted my 186 visa Direct Entry Stream  application through the company I work for 2 months ago . The question I wanna ask if anyone knows is, my wife as a secondary applicant got a IELTS result few days ago overall score 5 , W-5.5 L-5.5 R-4 and S-5.5 . Has she failed considering that one of the bands it’s less then 4.5 in this case R-4 but still overall score is 5. As a secondary applicant she have to pass Functional level of English but I can’t really understand what is saying on the immigration web page does it each band has to be at least 4.5 score or just a overall score of 4.5??? I know that secondary fee if she don’t pass Functional English is around $5000 . If anyone knows anything about this pls share the information guys I would much appreciate !thanks 

The website is a bit confusing. If you are worried,  practice a bit and retake the exam. It's much cheaper than 5000 you'd have to pay. You can retake the exam as many times as you want

11 hours ago, Yun said:

Hello everyone,I really need your help. My friend doing 186 in TRT Strem. She applied 186 Nom and Visa on Nov 2018. Now she is waiting for her Nomination now. But last week, Her boss break up with her Business Partner, So she decided to change her business Structure from Partner to business. Now she is really worried, but her Agnecy said she should not worried about this. This will not affect her PR. So she really wants to know will it affect her PR. Please give some advices. Thanks in advance. 

@Yun As long as the business ABN number doesn't change and the position is still valid, there should be nothing to worry about. 
- You may want to consider sending an update to the visa application - as an extra precaution, however, it may not be needed? 

If your MA says not to worry about it, then it's likely you don't need to worry about it. 

8 hours ago, lynni193 said:

Hi Andy! Congrats on this. Would like to hear more about the appeal process. 

just received the refusal for my employer nomination today. Stating that my position doesn’t require me to be in australia- but in the other overseas offices instead. Any suggestions on what to submit as part of the appeal would be much appreciated! 

Thanks so much. 

@lynni193 Sorry to hear about the news, it's the first I've heard of that reason. What is your position that they can justify telling your company you're not needed in the Australia offices? 
- Could you update your signature please? 

Hi Guys

Keeping with the scope of "helping each other", I was wondering if anyone could help advise me here; 

I'm coming up to apply for citizenship and honestly have no idea where to start. Not many MA's assist here as it's not profitable for them and hence, I'd need to do this myself. 

There are a few people in my office that I could (and will) ask for assistance, but thought to start here. 
- I know this is slightly off topic to the forums scope but still think it could be useful to those that have PR and need to know the next steps?

Thanks in advance. 

14 minutes ago, Hex said:

Hi Guys

Keeping with the scope of "helping each other", I was wondering if anyone could help advise me here; 

I'm coming up to apply for citizenship and honestly have no idea where to start. Not many MA's assist here as it's not profitable for them and hence, I'd need to do this myself. 

There are a few people in my office that I could (and will) ask for assistance, but thought to start here. 
- I know this is slightly off topic to the forums scope but still think it could be useful to those that have PR and need to know the next steps?

Thanks in advance. 

There's a citizenship thread on this website just like the 186 one 🙂

1 hour ago, Hex said:

@Yun As long as the business ABN number doesn't change and the position is still valid, there should be nothing to worry about. 
- You may want to consider sending an update to the visa application - as an extra precaution, however, it may not be needed? 

If your MA says not to worry about it, then it's likely you don't need to worry about it. 

Thanks for your advice. If ABN Number is changed, what will happen?

47 minutes ago, Yun said:

Thanks for your advice. If ABN Number is changed, what will happen?

@Yun That would mean that the company / sponsorship nomination would no longer be valid and the new company (ABN number) would need to lodge a new nomination for the employer (assuming they are able / licensed to sponsor people). 

19 hours ago, Milan SERBIA said:

Hi guys ,

I need a small help

I’ve submitted my 186 visa Direct Entry Stream  application through the company I work for 2 months ago . The question I wanna ask if anyone knows is, my wife as a secondary applicant got a IELTS result few days ago overall score 5 , W-5.5 L-5.5 R-4 and S-5.5 . Has she failed considering that one of the bands it’s less then 4.5 in this case R-4 but still overall score is 5. As a secondary applicant she have to pass Functional level of English but I can’t really understand what is saying on the immigration web page does it each band has to be at least 4.5 score or just a overall score of 4.5??? I know that secondary fee if she don’t pass Functional English is around $5000 . If anyone knows anything about this pls share the information guys I would much appreciate !

Thanks 

Hi @Milan SERBIA

Just scroll through some earlier post on the same thread. There was a big discussion on this. I also checked my s56 request from the department which says following:

"

evidence the applicant achieved an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, writing and listening in a test conducted not more than 12 months before lodging the visa application or at the time of processing the visa application

"

This clearly states the they are looking for an average score of 4.5 and not 4.5 in each. So in your case in should be fine. I dont think there is a need to re-write the exam. 

In my case my partner scored 90 in all 4 sections of PTE so I did not have to worry about it. But there was one person on this forum who was in your situation and he got the PR, please check the earlier posts to find who that person was and PM him/her directly.