2 minutes ago, BigBan said:

Hi @Milan SERBIA

Just scroll through some earlier post on the same thread. There was a big discussion on this. I also checked my s56 request from the department which says following:

"

evidence the applicant achieved an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, writing and listening in a test conducted not more than 12 months before lodging the visa application or at the time of processing the visa application

"

This clearly states the they are looking for an average score of 4.5 and not 4.5 in each. So in your case in should be fine. I dont think there is a need to re-write the exam. 

In my case my partner scored 90 in all 4 sections of PTE so I did not have to worry about it. But there was one person on this forum who was in your situation and he got the PR, please check the earlier posts to find who that person was and PM him/her directly.

Thanks for the information BigBan I really appreciate 

6 minutes ago, Pradip12 said:

We can see most of application(nomination) in forum from mid June and July 2019 has been finalised , anyone on the same timeline be ready for yours , definitely good news coming.

Can’t see anything from department I don’t how Long they will take more .Loosing patience day my day

1 minute ago, Mick1983 said:

Can’t see anything from department I don’t how Long they will take more .Loosing patience day my day

Looking to condition , they might working on it , if they are asking all these document , we can hope a positive result.

9 minutes ago, Mick1983 said:

Hi guys any idea how long it’s take to review additional information by the case officer 

Hi #Mick1983 ,

No one can tell you how long coz it’s really based on case officer , but checking upon your timeline , on my personal opinion shouldn’t be no longer than two more weeks , but it’s my personal opinion only . Hopefully you will get your happiness soon.

Edited by Pradip12

3 minutes ago, Pradip12 said:

Hi #Mick1983 ,

No one can tell you how long coz it’s really based on case officer , but checking upon your timeline , on my personal opinion shouldn’t be no longer than two more weeks , but it’s my personal opinion only  

Thanks Pradip12 just crossed 🤞 finger hoping for the best because I waited so long almost 2 years 

On 11/08/2019 at 23:05, jbh said:

I assume you are applying as an academic?

I sent my PhD degree and my previous employment contracts (I also sent my termination notice from my previous employment to prove the duration of work).

I didn’t send my CV or publication list.

I also didn’t have to send any other degrees other than PhD.

The timeline for me was reasonably quick, around 3 months.

Hi PTL, I am applying as a scientist but nomination is based on skill - Electrical Engineer as it was done on my 457 visa.  Is there a special one as a scientist or an academic?  

23 minutes ago, Beeshnu said:

Hi guys 

I have been waiting since nearly 3 months after status changed to further assessment. Any idea how long that gonna finalize??? 

Thanks in advance 

@Beeshnu It could be tomorrow, or 2 more years - I'm afraid no one can answer that for you. 

Best suggestion is to have patience and wait, not much else we can do in these situations. 

2 hours ago, Pradip12 said:

We can see most of application(nomination) in forum from mid June and July 2019 has been finalised , anyone on the same timeline be ready for yours , definitely good news coming.

Hi same here nomination approved in end of June 

The government is deploying recruitment officers overseas to bring thousands of the best and brightest workers to Australia.

Immigration Minister David Coleman has revealed one officer is in place in Berlin, Germany, with more to be sent next month to the United States, Singapore, Santiago, Shanghai and Dubai.

Their task is to recruit 5,000 professionals at the top of their fields in target industries, particularly the tech sector. 

The government has set aside 5,000 of the 160,000 places in the permanent migration stream for the new program.  

According to the Home Affairs website, the global talent officers will work with local industries to identify talented people and "attend key industry events and expos, and promote life in Australia".

Highly-skilled workers identified by Home Affairs will be encouraged to apply for existing permanent visas including the distinguished talent and skilled independent visa. 

7 hours ago, Hex said:

Hi Guys

Keeping with the scope of "helping each other", I was wondering if anyone could help advise me here; 

I'm coming up to apply for citizenship and honestly have no idea where to start. Not many MA's assist here as it's not profitable for them and hence, I'd need to do this myself. 

There are a few people in my office that I could (and will) ask for assistance, but thought to start here. 
- I know this is slightly off topic to the forums scope but still think it could be useful to those that have PR and need to know the next steps?

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Hex,

Just curious how you can apply after 1 year? I always thought it was a 2 year wait. 

Thanks 😁

25 minutes ago, Jerita said:

This whole process is thug process and modern day slavery

@Jerita You can post multiple posts in one go, there is no need to spam the thread with a bunch of posts, all related to the same thing.

Although it looks bad, I'm not sure it's as bad as you making it out to be;
- In our case, we are asking to be here, possibly not at the top of our fields / areas of expertise. 
- In their case, they are hand picking top candidates that they want in the country. 

Personally, I think this could only be better for the country. 
- It doesn't imply that they are going to be stopping our applications. 

To top it off, this is a very small portion of allocated immigrants (5000 from 160 000). That's ±3% total 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Jerita said:

This whole process is thug process and modern day slavery

Thanks for sharing the post but sorry to say your last comment is offensive. 

All the country wants is the best people to come. If they think there is a better way to fill some open positions in the country then so be it. At least people like you and me have got a chance to live here before deciding to settle and can make more informed choices. If you loose the spot to a better candidate then just don't loose heart. Unfortunately, this is just the law of nature. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BigBan said:

Thanks for sharing the post but sorry to say your last comment is offensive. 

All the country wants is the best people to come. If they think there is a better way to fill some open positions in the country then so be it. At least people like you and me have got a chance to live here before deciding to settle and can make more informed choices. If you loose the spot to a better candidate then just don't loose heart. Unfortunately, this is just the law of nature. 

How come it’s offensive ! Your case is already processed in three months here I am waiting from 8 months on the mercy of some case officer . You don’t know how hard is to survive with one income where everything is getting expensive which is not just for Australians only also for people those who are on VISAs like me . I have only one source of income I can’t do any other job but petrol prices are going up . Once documents get expired they ask for new documents which I have to pay from my pocket not from the Immigration pockets from my pockets . I know my statements is hurtful and not practical but that’s sad truth. There timeline is going up for no reason.

55 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Jerita You can post multiple posts in one go, there is no need to spam the thread with a bunch of posts, all related to the same thing.

Although it looks bad, I'm not sure it's as bad as you making it out to be;
- In our case, we are asking to be here, possibly not at the top of our fields / areas of expertise. 
- In their case, they are hand picking top candidates that they want in the country. 

Personally, I think this could only be better for the country. 
- It doesn't imply that they are going to be stopping our applications. 

To top it off, this is a very small portion of allocated immigrants (5000 from 160 000). That's ±3% total 

Hi Hex thanks 🙏 for the advice my point was that the application which have already been applied there waiting time is 12 months to 16 months . I have already waited 8 months I don’t know whether this waiting gets add on top of that you already waited time . My profile says 12 months to 16 months I don’t know whether this is excluding or including my 8 months . If it’s excluding than my waiting time will be 20 months to 28 Months . So this whole scam which is running by immigration to take people money before even processing the application is bad .