20 hours ago, TBO said:

Finally, I have received the golden email - after 12 months of waiting... 

Thanks to all of you guys! This forum has been such a big help in my entire migration journey!!! To all those waiting, please be patient! Yours will come soon!!!

Best of luck to all of you!!! 

Hi @TBO,

Congratulations mate, I am right after you. fingers crosssed.

Cheers

13 minutes ago, kashyap said:

Hi @TBO,

Congratulations mate, I am right after you. fingers crosssed.

Cheers

Hi @kashyap

Good luck, mate! Just be patient. 

I was requested for s56 last June 21 and the status moved to further assessment when I submitted the docs on 28 June 2019.

So, the waiting period in my case was around 59-60 days from s56. 

Best of luck, mate! :))

Edited by TBO

Thank God. I am really very thankful to you God, you didn't disappoint me.

Finally my day has arrived, i got my PR couple of minutes ago. I'm literally crying at the moment, can't explain what i am feeling right now.

Thank you everyone, you guys really helps a lot. 

Now i'm going to call my family to book a date for my marriage, life going to move to the next setup.

Guys, i'll keep in touch with all of you.

Please update the spreadsheet, my details are in my signature.

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 19

25 minutes ago, Jobie46 said:

When people receive their golden emails do they get them from Immi themselves or do they get emails from the agent? 

Hi Jobie,

It depends if you have used a Migration Agent (MA) then they will receive the notification of the visa grant, if not then you will receive yourself.

It will also update in your immi account under messages - so if you check that you will also be aware.

50 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Finally my day has arrived, i got my PR couple of minutes ago. I'm literally crying at the moment, can't explain what i am feeling right now.

Now i'm going to call my family to book a date for my marriage, life going to move to the next setup.

Thank you

I think you had to wait long which is curse but that end well it’s always well good luck for your life I hope 🤞 my wait is no long 

7 minutes ago, Sam_Au said:

Hi guys,

Just got my PR today...  I still cannot believe it...

I have applied decision read for 186 trt on 07/08/2019. Had my medicals on 10/08/2019 and got my PR today!!!! Unbelievable... 

Good luck guys!!!

Congratulations 🎉

What is your job position ? 

17 minutes ago, Sam_Au said:

Hi guys,

Just got my PR today...  I still cannot believe it...

I have applied decision read for 186 trt on 07/08/2019. Had my medicals on 10/08/2019 and got my PR today!!!! Unbelievable... 

Good luck guys!!!

Transport Engineer

Hi I got 457 approved in 2016 through trt completed 2 years lodged file and got pr last month.

now I want to change my employer but he is telling me I can’t change I have to stay 2 more years with him but as I know if I get pr than I have no restrictions and I have worked 3 years fulltimer with them already .

can anyone give me suggestions pls

2 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Thank you

@Kashif.Iqbal Long time coming. 

Congrats and all the best moving forward! 

31 minutes ago, Ovi said:

Hi I got 457 approved in 2016 through trt completed 2 years lodged file and got pr last month.

now I want to change my employer but he is telling me I can’t change I have to stay 2 more years with him but as I know if I get pr than I have no restrictions and I have worked 3 years fulltimer with them already .

@Ovi This topic was discussed in detail in the last 5-10 pages, please go back and review them.

In short, if you don't terminate you employment on good grounds and they go to immigration, there is a chance they could have a case against you and reject your PR. 
- This is a sensitive topic and should be handled with care. It's not worth having a case opened against you for (especially as it's only 2 years additional). 

When in doubt, contact and ask your MA 🙂 

32 minutes ago, Ovi said:

Your employer is correct, the 186 PR application is employer nominated - it is granted based on the fact that your employer is offering you 2 year employment.  and is granted on the basis that you have advised Immi that you will continue to work with your employer for the 2 years from visa grant.

If your employer reports this to immigration your PR is at risk as you have provided fraudulent information as you have not intended to complete the 2 year employment post PR grant. 

On 19/08/2019 at 14:22, Hex said:

@Saugat You would still need to pay the levy. 

See this page for some in-depth simple information on same. Hope this helps. 
https://www.etax.com.au/medicare-levy-versus-medicare-levy-surcharge/

Hi @Hex

This article says whoever , working full time are required to pay a medical  levy.  But my medical levy was not deducted on previous years on 457 visa. Do you reckon it is because  i applied for 186 trt now?  And another quick  question. If i have to pay medicare levy anyway can i opt out from my private  health insurance and apply  for a medicare card instead ? 

1 minute ago, Saugat said:

Hi @Hex

This article says whoever , working full time are required to pay a medical  levy.  But my medical levy was not deducted on previous years on 457 visa. Do you reckon it is because  i applied for 186 trt now?  And another quick  question. If i have to pay medicare levy anyway can i opt out from my private  health insurance and apply  for a medicare card instead ? 

Hi @Saugat

Correct, it is because you have applied for your 186 - which means you are eligible for Medicare.

However, as your 457 visa probably has the condition to maintain private health insurance it is probably best you keep your private health insurance until you have your PR grant. 

2 minutes ago, Saugat said:

Hi @Hex

@Saugat You would pay a medicare levy on a 457 as well, however, you can claim it all back at TAX time (I always looked forward to this), until you lodge PR and qualify for medicare card / use. 

You are not qualified as someone who uses Medicare based off on if you have a card or not. It's based off PR application / approval. Regardless, if you have applied for PR or have PR, you will have to pay the levy (unless you earn under the bracket in the link provided). 

Opting out of private medical is a personal decision and up to you - there are consequences to this, which are also covered in the link provided. 
- I feel that link had pretty much all the information you needed. Outside of that, I wouldn't be able to say. 

• Like 1

Hi all, newbie here. This thread is such comfort in such a stressful period in all of our lives. We applied for PR in mid June 2019, no news yet. Interesting to see the newer applications moving through quickly (from what we see on the thread and the sheet). Have asked for access to the spreadsheet. 

18 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

Your employer is correct, the 186 PR application is employer nominated - it is granted based on the fact that your employer is offering you 2 year employment.  and is granted on the basis that you have advised Immi that you will continue to work with your employer for the 2 years from visa grant.

If your employer reports this to immigration your PR is at risk as you have provided fraudulent information as you have not intended to complete the 2 year employment post PR grant. 

Resignation is not fraudulent. This is bad information. You should have the intention to be in a 2 yr contract before applying and during the processing. That's it. The conditions of a 186 PR says " Nil". You are not an Indentured servant to do whatever your employer wants out of you! You can resign properly. Its up to your contract to determine how the resignation can be effected.  1 months notice or whatever. All contracts can be terminated legally. Illegal termination of contract(absconding in bad faith) is ofcourse grounds for fraud

23 minutes ago, pravincv said:

Resignation is not fraudulent. This is bad information. You should have the intention to be in a 2 yr contract before applying and during the processing. That's it. The conditions of a 186 PR says " Nil". You are not an Indentured servant to do whatever your employer wants out of you! You can resign properly. Its up to your contract to determine how the resignation can be effected.  1 months notice or whatever. All contracts can be terminated legally. Illegal termination of contract(absconding in bad faith) is ofcourse grounds for fraud

I did not say resignation is fraudulent.

186 is granted on the basis that you intend to stay with your employer for the 2 years. if as soon as he receives the PR and resigns to change employer than if his Nominating employer reports to Immi then he is at risk that the visa may be cancelled -  as clear did not intend to work for the 2 years.

Also on Immi website it clearly states that once you have the 186 VISA: We expect that you will work for your nominating employer for at least 2 years. If you don't, we might cancel your visa.

Edited by sydneyishuk

10 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

I did not say resignation is fraudulent.

186 is granted on the basis that you intend to stay with your employer for the 2 years. if as soon as he receives the PR and resigns to change employer than if his Nominating employer reports to Immi then he is at risk that the visa may be cancelled -  as clear did not intend to work for the 2 years.

Also on Immi website it clearly states that once you have the 186 VISA: We expect that you will work for your nominating employer for at least 2 years. If you don't, we might cancel your visa.

Could you please point to the immi website link which provides this statement? Eminent MAs have pointed out that unless you have evidence (mail or a silly post on pomsinoz declaring their intentions) that proves malafide intentions 186 doesn't hold any such conditions. 187 on the other hand does

7 minutes ago, pravincv said:

Could you please point to the immi website link which provides this statement? Eminent MAs have pointed out that unless you have evidence (mail or a silly post on pomsinoz declaring their intentions) that proves malafide intentions 186 doesn't hold any such conditions. 187 on the other hand does

Who are your Eminent MAs?? 

Well I was clearly staying that if your nominating employer reports you to Immi then could lead to issues, especially if the PR has been recently granted.

SOURCE: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186/temporary-residence-transition-stream#When

In this section;

What you must do on this visa (your obligations)

You and your family members must obey all Australian laws.

We expect that you will work for your nominating employer for at least 2 years. If you don't, we might cancel your visa.

You must begin your employment within 6 months of:

• entering Australia if we granted you the visa outside Australia
  • the visa grant date if we granted you the visa in Australia

11 minutes ago, pravincv said:

@pravincv Funny that you came here for support and advice seeing as though it's full of "silly post on pomsinoz". 

@sydneyishuk is correct and there are conditions attached whereby if the employers see's fit and has evidence can lodge a complaint to Immi and they can open a case against you, resulting in the possibility of your visa being cancelled (even after grant - within the 2 years). 

If your preference is accepting what the MA says then please leave it there, there is no point asking this forum further, especially if it's full of "silly posts". 

• Thanks 1